Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corbett says Sandusky case moved as quickly as possible

By John P. Martin and Jeremy Roebuck
snip-
Gov. Corbett said Wednesday the three-year investigation that led to child-rape charges against former football coach Jerry Sandusky moved "as quickly as it possibly could" and dismissed as misinformed any suggestion that law enforcement officials may have left a potential predator unchecked.
approve.

"The investigation moved as quickly as it possibly could," the governor told reporters during a visit to a Northeast Philadelphia charter school. "If, during the time that I was in office, we could have been in a position to make an arrest, we would have made an arrest."
Corbett spoke as the spotlight in the still-unfolding case shifted from Sandusky's alleged abuse to the people and institutions that may have had a chance to expose or stop it.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...e_moved_as_quickly_as_possible.html?viewAll=y

Published: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 2:00 AM

Exclusive: Jerry Sandusky interview prompts long-ago victims to contact lawyer

Jerry Sandusky’s primetime television interview Monday led several potential victims to come forward and consider sharing their story, according to two State College attorneys.

Hearing his voice and his words proclaiming no wrong — while admitting he showered innocently with young boys — was a trigger for some who say they were abused by the former Penn State defensive coordinator. One said it went back to the 1970s, around the time Sandusky founded the charity that prosecutors say was his axis for finding victims.

All -
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...er.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqa9OvJvx2I"]BobsBlitz.com ~ Kim Jones on Penn State's Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno Disgrace [Audio] - YouTube[/ame]
(Nov. 7,2011) on Mike Francesa's Football Sunday show, Michael reacted in real time to the disgusting Jerry Sandusky Penn State sexual abuse charges. It was great radio with Francesa 'connecting the dots' before arriving at the point where he called out Joe Paterno. His producer did a terrible job following the analysis. Both WFAN and YES Network's website had audio from the show up later that afternoon...of Mike with Phil Simms. Bad job.

Kim Jones graduated from Penn State with a B.A. in journalism and an M.S. in exercise and sport science. The 42-year-old clubhouse reporter for New York Yankees appeared on the Penn State radio program Let's Talk Penn State, was a beat writer for the Nittany Lions, and is currently a member of the school's Sports Journalism Board.
Today, fighting a cold and later fighting back tears as the duo discussed child rape, Jones was at her best. The entire 30 minutes plus is well worth your time.
http://www.bobsblitz.com/2011/11/coverage-of-penn-state-rape-scandal-can.html

Why oh Why would you take on a high profile case, defending an accused child predator, when you have such skeletons in your closet? Why? That just can't be smart :waitasec:

Salem

Well, why would you allow your client to call into the Bob Costas show either? Not very smart at all. I'm not an atty, but I could use the experience from my business law classes in college and do a better job than him.

That is funny, the fired president of the school is still living in the school mansion. :floorlaugh:
Uh...When they video was recorded, Sandier had only been fired for 7 days. Should he have moved all his furniture/belongings onto the front lawn on the day he was fired?

And he's still a tenured professor at Penn State.
He will be removed for his egregious behavior, but expecting this to occur in 7 days is unrealistic. Revocation of tenure is a tedious procedure at EVERY university. There must be tenure revocation hearings which follow the university’s written policies.

Judge removed, Senior Judge takes over

I am certain this is already on the threads...good to know things are moving along as expected. I am still betting on Sandusky being admitted some where for treatment, claiming he was sexually abused, claiming he has early onset of Alzheimer's, epilepsy, head trauma of some kind....

He will be removed for his egregious behavior, but expecting this to occur in 7 days is unrealistic. Revocation of tenure is a tedious procedure at EVERY university. There must be tenure revocation hearings which follow the university’s written policies.

Stop being so reasonable, Pensfan :floorlaugh:

Yes, it would absolutely be unrealistic to remove all trace of this man in seven days.

What a mess.

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36740125/vp/34328514#45336291"]TODAY Video Player[/ame]

Exslusive: Jerry Sandusky interview prompts long-ago victims to contact lawyer (pennlive.com)
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Jerry Sandusky’s primetime television interview Monday led several potential victims to come forward and consider sharing their story, according to two State College attorneys.

Hearing his voice and his words proclaiming no wrong — while admitting he showered innocently with young boys — was a trigger for some who say they were abused by the former Penn State defensive coordinator. One said it went back to the 1970s, around the time Sandusky founded the charity that prosecutors say was his axis for finding victims.

“They’re literally processing it right in front of us,” attorney Andy Shubin said. “They have kept it from their families, moms, brothers and sisters. ... The folks we talked to are largely folks in their 20s, who in a lot of cases have never told their story before.”
---
more at link above

Judge removed, Senior Judge takes over

I am certain this is already on the threads...good to know things are moving along as expected. I am still betting on Sandusky being admitted some where for treatment, claiming he was sexually abused, claiming he has early onset of Alzheimer's, epilepsy, head trauma of some kind....

Here are some reasons why I doubt this will happen:

Sandusky will likely not be able to find a facility that will admit him unless he states that he is also depressed/suicidal. Pedophilia is considered to be a incurable disorder by the vast majority of psychiatrists. There will be very few or zero mental health facilities and physicians that will want their name associated with attempting to cure Sandusky's incurable disorder (pedophilia).

In addition, he may be unwilling to state that he has any disorder because he is a narcissist and also a fixated pedophile. Narcissists refuse to admit that they are imperfect. Fixated pedophiles don't see anything wrong with their same-sex attraction to children. They only consider themselves to be homosexual. (Homosexuals are attracted to adults not children. Sandusky is not a homosexual.)

He also demonstrated that he makes really stupid decisions regarding the seriousness of his upcoming trial. (He gave a tv interview that clarified to many people that he is disgusting. The interview is bringing forward other victims who were not previously known.)

I will post the non salacious avatar of your choosing for 5 days if you are right, Pensfan.

The only reason I think he will capitulate to something that indicates his reasoning is flawed is that he stands to lose everything...I think once someone gets through to him, he will be willing to play ball.

I have an example: William Ayres has a thread here on WS. Ayres was charged with sexual abuse of the most incredibly at risk boys you can imagine-his reign of terror as a pediatric psychiatrist put him in contact with targeted victims from 1958-2007.

Ayres absolutely believed there was nothing wrong with what he did. He completely believed that he was beyond questioning-he even gave a publicized sexual developement class broadcast by PBS in the late 60's. If you were a slender, pre pubescent Jewish male, Ayres would subject you to prolonged physical examinations in his sound proof office that included digital penetration.

You got the fact that he was a pediatric psychiatrist, right?

Ayres went on trial in San Mateo County and finally agreed to an Alzheimer's defense-that he was mentally unfit to stand trial based upon this fact and he was just committed to a psychiatric equivelent of a "rest home." Mind you, there is video of Ayres joking with friends the night before the hearing about how an Alzheimer's defense will save you, but none the less...even with his fixation and his narcissism, he wasnt stupid.

http://www.wect.com/story/16059039/former-nhc-coach-ad-reflects-on-the-penn-state-scandal

"You don't never do anything to kids. I mean that's unbelievable," said Miller who understand the game changes a bit when you make it in big time athletics and college sports. "Then, it's all about winning."

OT
Pensfan, Thanks to you and all our PA sleuths for sharing your knowledge of PA, PSU and the Universities' procedures, etc. It is very helpful for those of us who aren't familiar with the area and history, and all the players in this mess.

ps I have a friend from Johnstown who attended Pitt and is a huge Pens fan! Being a southern girl, I wasn't familiar with hockey til I met her! Now I love watching it....:)

wm

I have read some reports of second hand information and some reports of what victims will testify to, which would certainly be criminal, but I have not read about any first hand evidence. Jerry Sandusky definitely has problems with boundaries and age-inappropriate conduct. But, I have yet to hear/see anything that is proof of direct physical sexual violations of his victims. I did read about two people who said someone said they saw anal rape, and about someone who will be testifying to sexual assault, but I want more details about exactly what he did before I execute him. I am not in any way defending him, but I do want clarification about the specifics of his behavior ... don’t really care about his motivations. Playing with kids in the shower ... what kind of playing? Of course it’s inappropriate and aberrant, but is it rape/sodomy ... what was it? Is there direct evidence/testimony of oral sex, anal sex, masturbation, any penetration of any type? I want a little more clarification because I have met people/had clients who were very strange/inappropriate, but as far I or anyone else could tell, they did not have any direct sexual/physical contact with their “victims.” I once had a client who was considered to be a pedophile/necrophile, but he was and he wasn’t ... based on all the evidence, he never committed a sexual act on a child but he did organize “sports” for them to play and arranged things so the children had to undress, and kept detailed records of their activities. He also wrote to the parents of deceased children, asking for pictures and offering sympathy. He got lots of pictures of deceased children, and was fascinated by mortuaries and cemeteries. He was immune to any type of therapy, knew exactly what he was doing, and would do it all again, but he was apparently satisfied with the role playing and fantasy, never developing to a higher (lower) level of acting-out. Rare, but not impossible. What I’m saying is that showering and playing with children nude is not only suspect, it is abhorrent ... but I don’t know enough facts about this case to understand exactly what he did or determine what his actions constitute in terms of the law. This case has a lot of political/economic implications and, in some respects, reminds me of the initial wave of accusations against the Duke Lacrosse team. Could someone more informed than I please post links to the first hand information about Sandusky’s sex crimes?

Russell

I have read some reports of second hand information and some reports of what victims will testify to, which would certainly be criminal, but I have not read about any first hand evidence. Jerry Sandusky definitely has problems with boundaries and age-inappropriate conduct. But, I have yet to hear/see anything that is proof of direct physical sexual violations of his victims. I did read about two people who said someone said they saw anal rape, and about someone who will be testifying to sexual assault, but I want more details about exactly what he did before I execute him. I am not in any way defending him, but I do want clarification about the specifics of his behavior ... don’t really care about his motivations. Playing with kids in the shower ... what kind of playing? Of course it’s inappropriate and aberrant, but is it rape/sodomy ... what was it? Is there direct evidence/testimony of oral sex, anal sex, masturbation, any penetration of any type? I want a little more clarification because I have met people/had clients who were very strange/inappropriate, but as far I or anyone else could tell, they did not have any direct sexual/physical contact with their “victims.” I once had a client who was considered to be a pedophile/necrophile, but he was and he wasn’t ... based on all the evidence, he never committed a sexual act on a child but he did organize “sports” for them to play and arranged things so the children had to undress, and kept detailed records of their activities. He also wrote to the parents of deceased children, asking for pictures and offering sympathy. He got lots of pictures of deceased children, and was fascinated by mortuaries and cemeteries. He was immune to any type of therapy, knew exactly what he was doing, and would do it all again, but he was apparently satisfied with the role playing and fantasy, never developing to a higher (lower) level of acting-out. Rare, but not impossible. What I’m saying is that showering and playing with children nude is not only suspect, it is abhorrent ... but I don’t know enough facts about this case to understand exactly what he did or determine what his actions constitute in terms of the law. This case has a lot of political/economic implications and, in some respects, reminds me of the initial wave of accusations against the Duke Lacrosse team. Could someone more informed than I please post links to the first hand information about Sandusky’s sex crimes?

Russell

You mean other than the grand jury testimony of the victims and the grand jury testimony of the witnesses to the sex acts and the interviews of the mother of a victim who busted Sandusky with LE listening on extentions?

Are you looking for medical reports? I am not sure what would constitute first hand knowlege, but I want to be helpful. Have you had a chance to read the grand jury indictment?

I will post the non salacious avatar of your choosing for 5 days if you are right, Pensfan.

The only reason I think he will capitulate to something that indicates his reasoning is flawed is that he stands to lose everything...I think once someone gets through to him, he will be willing to play ball.

I have an example: William Ayres has a thread here on WS. Ayres was charged with sexual abuse of the most incredibly at risk boys you can imagine-his reign of terror as a pediatric psychiatrist put him in contact with targeted victims from 1958-2007.

Ayres absolutely believed there was nothing wrong with what he did. He completely believed that he was beyond questioning-he even gave a publicized sexual developement class broadcast by PBS in the late 60's. If you were a slender, pre pubescent Jewish male, Ayres would subject you to prolonged physical examinations in his sound proof office that included digital penetration.

You got the fact that he was a pediatric psychiatrist, right?

Ayres went on trial in San Mateo County and finally agreed to an Alzheimer's defense-that he was mentally unfit to stand trial based upon this fact and he was just committed to a psychiatric equivelent of a "rest home." Mind you, there is video of Ayres joking with friends the night before the hearing about how an Alzheimer's defense will save you, but none the less...even with his fixation and his narcissism, he wasnt stupid.
LOL about the avatar.

The city where Sandusky's (first?) trial will occur is located in rural farmland. As university employees will likely be excluded from being on the jury, it is very unlikely that the selected jurors will be similar to Casey Anthony's jurors. I hope this will brighten your day after thinking about such putrid predators. :)

Hi Knot! Here's a link to the GJ findings. It's a good place to start, IMO. I have it saved because, as painful as it is, I need to refer to it in order to keep the alledged victims straight. My apologies if you've already read it.

GRAPHIC CONTENT

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/Presentment.pdf

Then there's the interview with Bob Costas on ROCK Center past Monday night. JS admits he touched them on the leg, he showered with them, he engaged in 'horseplay' with them, he admits to slapping with towels. IMO, the man has a huge creep factor. I have a son, now grown, who was involved in sports, scouts and every activity he could talk me into allowing. I would be absolutely mortified if I learned an adult male showered naked with my son and engaged in slapping towels! My mama grizzly instinct would set in and I would want to rip somebody's head off and spit in their neck for overstepping those boundaries with my baby! GRR! (I am not growling at you, Knot. It's just my disgust with these allegations as a mother that I growl about) MOO

Good reading you again!

wm

Hi Knot! Here's a link to the GJ findings. It's a good place to start, IMO. I have it saved because, as painful as it is, I need to refer to it in order to keep the alledged victims straight. My apologies if you've already read it.

Snipped by me.

Thanks for saying that. I was pulling something off my flash drive for a friend the other night when he questioned my keeping the gj report with me at all times. Disgusting, but a necessity to remember the focus and scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz