Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
its almost as if there is really some justice force that at the last minute was able to rise up in an attempt to be felt.

for instance the very last defense witness was a young man who spoke FOR jerry and told that he was in the same circumstances as the accusers in that he was a Jerry favorite, went places with him, and spent the night at his house and nothing ever happened.

but the last thing that happened was that the SA asked the young man if he was aware that his uncle had repeatedly gotten in touch with them, including as recent as last night, and the young man hung his head and mumbled, no.

and that was that. defense rests.

omg...what an ending..if i was the defense atty i would have done anything but rest at that moment...anything, including fakin a heart attack...what a way to rest your case, with a character witness hanging his head and unanswered questions in the air about his testimony.

what happened? was this man molested and doesnt remember it? is he lying? what?

defense rests.

That's how i read that but wasn't sure if i missed something. Thanks.

It is my sincere wish that when JS is convicted, that he dies in prison-whether that's next week or 20 years from now, I don't care, because I believe he will go to his grave as the same delusional pedophile that he is today...

I totally agree because if he is found NG, he will in all likelihood re-offend

During what? Nothing seemed to be cry-worthy, minus the kid who hung his head when being told it was his uncle who brought the investigators to him.

The implication was, during the victims' testimony. The artist started crying during Victim 9's testimony.

Thanks - I think that's where I'm confused. Does the judge set the (earliest possible) time frame for parole or does the parole board do that?

I think there is some sort of set guidelines, but I don't know what they are.

Gross me out on JS's letter....I bet he did touch him!

On cross examination from Prosecutor McGettigan, <modsnip> says he never showered with Sandusky.

McGettigan had <modsnip> confirm investigators never told him to say anything, even though <modsnip> said investigators would ask similar questions multiple times.

McGettigan was one of the investigators who interviewed <modsnip> originally. <modsnip> confirms McGettigan never made him say anything.

<modsnip> says McGettigan&#8217;s &#8220;a pretty cool guy&#8221;, McGettigan &#8211; jokingly &#8211; has <modsnip> repeat that. He does. Courtroom gallery laughs, jury laughs, big smiles.

McGettigan showed the jury a letter Sandusky wrote to <modsnip>. It starts off: "Thanks for the memory! Thanks for being so warm and friendly! Thanks for your special touch!&#8221;
by WGAL 10:52 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yMcCgw00

Can't say I'm surprised #sandusky didn't testify but i am surprised defense didn't have more of a case, relied a lot on character witnesses

by 8CumbCoReport via twitter3:01 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yMev1xRQ

News 8 reporter Matt Barcaro said Jerry Sandusky looked upset in court. Barcaro said he really had not looked that way until today.

by WGAL 12:03 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yMfJPIeb

Gross me out on JS's letter....I bet he did touch him!

McGettigan showed the jury a letter Sandusky wrote to <modsnip>. It starts off: "Thanks for the memory! Thanks for being so warm and friendly! Thanks for your special touch!&#8221; by WGAL 10:52 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yMcCgw00

was that not the kid whose uncle called the state and who hung his head when informed of that fact? sad sad sad sad:behindbar

was that not the kid whose uncle called the state and who hung his head when informed of that fact? sad sad sad sad:behindbar

Yup. Those letters are beyond weird and I still think something happened with that kid, even if he denies it.

Yup. Those letters are beyond weird and I still think something happened with that kid, even if he denies it.

I hope the jury picked up on that.

As for the jury, I'm looking for some rather lengthy deliberations. Unless Amendola succeeds in getting 4 counts tossed, there will be 51 counts on 10 victims.

I dearly hope they will assess each victim and each count. I doubt that there will be 100% guilty decisions, but if they find guilty on some, I want to see how the jury thought the whole situation through.

I hope the jury picked up on that.

As for the jury, I'm looking for some rather lengthy deliberations. Unless Amendola succeeds in getting 4 counts tossed, there will be 51 counts on 10 victims.

I dearly hope they will assess each victim and each count. I doubt that there will be 100% guilty decisions, but if they find guilty on some, I want to see how the jury thought the whole situation through.

I think the letters are just common sense. Beyond the shrink from yesterday, no one has even remotely thought those letters were innocent or misunderstood, so I just can't imagine the jury being swayed. I doubt he'll be convicted on everything either but I do think there will be convictions. But like you, I hope they think things threw. I don't know if I think the deliberations will be that long though but I think they'll go more than a day, unless it's just a straight up and down guilty/innocent verdict.

Can't say I'm surprised #sandusky didn't testify but i am surprised defense didn't have more of a case, relied a lot on character witnesses

I thought that the Defense's case was lame - almost as if they felt that there was no reason to try to fight the charges. The less said the better, and that's pretty much what they did. :moo:

I thought that the Defense's case was lame - almost as if they felt that there was no reason to try to fight the charges. The less said the better, and that's pretty much what they did. :moo:

One would have thought for all of Amendola's pre-trial bravdo and filings that the defense case would have been more definitive and specific...........it was character witnesses, the HPD doctor and Sarge.

And to the poster above who said that Amendola kept Sandusky under wraps during the trial by holding out the option that he could tell his story - good assessment IMO - but in the end this was Amendola's best call in the defense of Sandusky.

Well, look at what they had to work with- JS is hardly a highly intelligent offender (rather, he was extremely lucky, w/ all the blind eyes turned his way), the defense probably did the best they could w/ what they had, I hope it was enough for him to not be able to claim he had inadequate representation...

One of the many horrible things surrounding these events is the stigma that will be cast on people who GENUINELY are trying to help at-risk children...now their motives may be questioned, & every move scrutinized...

One would have thought for all of Amendola's pre-trial bravdo and filings that the defense case would have been more definitive and specific...........it was character witnesses, the HPD doctor and Sarge.

Even there, the defense lost ground. The coach, Booker T., really offended a segment of the population with the showering comment. The other said that hugging was a problem. Dr. Atkins actually testified, on cross, that the letters could be a symptom of a "psycho-sexual" problem. Dr. Dranov helped confirm McQueary's story.

Dottie confirmed that Jerry was alone with the kids.

The only points Amendola scored was against the PSP Troopers, and that doesn't effect Victims 1, 2, 6, or 8. His cross was better than his case.

Probably the football schedule.

Indeed, the football schedules were noticiably absent from the defense. They would have shown, proof positive that the "alleged" victims lied. The defense would have had them out, front and center if they would have been helpful! What does that say?

Didn't the last defense witness say he stayed at the Sandusky home 50 times? That's an awful lot of visits! According to what Dottie said on the stand, it wasn't that often that kids were over... except during football season.

I'm sure that the defense would have preferred that the "alleged" victims had kept detailed calendars of all the visits with asterisks next to the days they were molested. Too bad being molested isn't calendar-worthy, but something these youngster tried to put in the back of their minds.

The only thing that kept JS out of jail for soo long was the football program-if he was a regular guy-he would have went down a long time ago--he knew this & almost flaunted it-I think esp when it came to Joe Pa-he knew Joe Pa would never involve his name in something so ugly & would not breath a word about it-the boys knew how special this football program was for everyone in that town & that is why none of them stood up for themselves-I also think JS wanted to see Joe Pa suffer not giving him that coaching position- JS is evil-he used young troubled kids to seek his own sick perversion & revenge on a lot of people-esp-Joe Pa!!
JMOOC

Why would JS give DS such a masculine nickname as "Sarge"?

The implication is that living with her is like being in the military, and since Jerry sees himself as just a big kid, to him she was the authoritarian parental figure. She said on the stand that she was strict and liked things to be done a certain way.

It's hard to understand how someone like that would be so clueless about what was going on, but I think she just looked the other way to protect her way of life. If there are any civil suits, I think she is culpable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle