Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH has a Droid which gets internet. Its screen is bigger than his work Blackberry and I can read it by expanding the text and scrolling back and forth. It's tedious, but in a pinch, it's terrific. Posting is a pain, but doable. I just hate the word choces given as you type. One wrong touch and the message is a bit strange. I've seen that on the thread and have a great deal of sympathy.

As for me, I have a cheap Go-Phone ($25 every 3 months) with $95 in credit on it at the present time. I'm not into cell phones. :floorlaugh:

Can you install the tapatalk app on a droid? It makes message boards a breeze!

While we are impatiently waiting I am linking this song for all those who have suffered sexual abuse in their lives. Listen to the words carefully.

Even though the song is titled "Broken Girl" it also applies to 'Broken Boys.'

May these boys also rise from the ashes and become free of their past and go on to live a very loving life filled with many blessings ahead for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9X6h6QiFqi4

God bless all the wounded warriors who fought evil and won.

IMO

I hope at least one juror has heard this song.

I know I'm way off topic here, but tapatalk is great for reading here on an android or blackberry. I think it's $1.99 in the market. I had it on my BB and now have it on my droid and kindle.

It's 7:30 think the jury is back to deliberations?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

HLN: JVM just said that they're back from dinner break.

My DH has a Droid which gets internet. Its screen is bigger than his work Blackberry and I can read it by expanding the text and scrolling back and forth. It's tedious, but in a pinch, it's terrific. Posting is a pain, but doable. I just hate the word choces given as you type. One wrong touch and the message is a bit strange. I've seen that on the thread and have a great deal of sympathy.

As for me, I have a cheap Go-Phone ($25 every 3 months) with $95 in credit on it at the present time. I'm not into cell phones. :floorlaugh:

I like using my Nook for internet access when I don't have my laptop.

Ciao for now while DH and I have dinner: Juicy Italian sausages :D

Big, extensive, article by Sara Ganim-- I bet Cleland has steam coming out of his ears, there's network after network picking up the Amendola interview that violated his court order.

A couple of things I hadn't heard before...

Jerry Sandusky trial: Defense attorney says 'he'd die of a heart attack' if Sandusky were acquitted

He also said that Sandusky had his wife, Dottie, talk to a criminal defense lawyer a couple months ago "just to be careful."

and

Even if he's acquitted, Sandusky himself could still face additional criminal charges involving accusers who came forward after his November arrest.

The attorney general's office has said repeatedly that it has an "active and ongoing" investigation of Sandusky, while federal prosecutors in Harrisburg issued a wide-ranging subpoena to Penn State University in February, seeking computer records and other information.

Civil lawsuits against Sandusky, Penn State and The Second Mile, meanwhile, are expected to go forward whether Sandusky is convicted or not.

No matter the verdict, there are other investigations spawned by Sandusky's November arrest:

— Ex-FBI director Louis Freeh was hired by Penn State's board of trustees to conduct an internal investigation in which 400 people have been interviewed. His report could be released in August.

— The NCAA began an inquiry into potential rules violations in November. Both the NCAA and the Big 10 Conference have told Penn State they would wait until Sandusky's trial has ended before any formal investigations are opened.

— The U.S. Department of Education has been looking into whether the school violated the Clery Act, which requires reporting of crimes on campus, in the case of the Sandusky allegations.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_defense_a_3.html

Sports by Brooks saying they are using a laser to block emails, texts and tweets from the Courtroom.

Quiche: Oh yes, there is more to come, even after Jerry gets his verdict. I get that sense from the reporters, too - they know this is a long haul.

Dont be so sure he wasnt having sex with Dottie too. Just because he was a pedophile doesnt mean he didnt want sex from his spouse.

I think she knew all about his perversions and enabled him in order for him to satisfy his sickening lust for children. She became like the three monkeys because that way she could pretend that her life was great. She thought if Jer had his boys then life would be just fine and it was always about Dottie and Jer and never about the young boys that were having their lives detroyed.

IMO

JMO. I think it's fairly clear the man is homosexual in orientation. I seriously doubt he was ever sexually attracted to a woman he nicknamed "Sarge." There is a term for a woman like Dottie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_(companion)

I see we just gave tapatalk a shameless plug :D

I just woke up, it's coffee for me!

I wonder how much notice we'll get that they have a verdict?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The violation was stupid, but I don't believe he put on a weak defense. IMO, he had a very tough case and provided effective counsel during the trial.

Also, I believe that in order to claim "ineffective counsel" there has to be some kind of proof that the outcome of the trial would've been different if the accused had more competent representation. Looks like that train done left the station for ol' Jer.

BTW, who willingly compares themselves to Forrest Gump, as JS did in one of the creepy letters? Other people might make that comparison, but it sure wouldn't be complimentary. Weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member