Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure that I have only watched MSNBC, Today Show, CNN, and HLN.

I am aware of the shortcomings of automated translations so I did not read any of the translated news articles.

Perhaps Jean Casares was reading and reporting the inaccuracies of elcomercio. It did not sound that way to me. I thought she was a native Spanish speaker and also reporting from Peru.

If the newscasts are inaccurate, what are we to rely upon?

I think the very question proves my earlier point.

It is not my intent to fan flames of discord but given that the global village is available to us as a 'source' thanks to the internet I have stumbled upon a link that emphasizes the great number of daily newspapers in Lima Peru. It seems that local newspapers may have access to sources that visiting reporters might not.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chi...r-daily-newspapers-lima-peru-has-20-plus.html

Asphyxiation/Stragulation

See the police report, it's attached.

What happened to the karate chop that broke her neck? I thought the cause of death was the neck-breaking. [iirc, there were comments posted on here comparing it to internet searches done by Casey before Caylee died.]

Someone called the hotel seeking Joran. He didn't answer the call. This made a staff member realize he was late 2 days on paying. She went up to the room and knocked, but noone was there. She spoke with a staff member who told her later to go up to the room and enter with the key.

At around 12am on June 2nd, she opened the room with the key and went in to discover the body.

This may be the factual account, but it was reported on a TV broadcast that it was the smell that brought hotel personnel to the room. I am pretty sure that I made a contemporaneous post on the thread when it was stated.

Most of the misinformation is coming from elcomercio.pe and some other blogs. Also, newscasts, which have been extremely inaccurate.

If everyone limited themselves to credible sources like msnbc, abc, fox, (print articles only) etc... the amount of misinformation would drop to a minimum. Although I have seen some bad stuff from mainstream media, it's been a very small amount.

BBM :rotfl::floorlaugh::beamup:

(eta- I am only laughing about the media, not you Wings Of Light...just wanted you to know.)

If the newscasts are inaccurate, what are we to rely upon?

I think the very question proves my earlier point.

It doesn't.

As I said, printed articles from American media. I have rarely come across misinformation in them.

What happened to the karate chop that broke her neck? I thought the cause of death was the neck-breaking. [iirc, there were comments posted on here comparing it to internet searches done by Casey before Caylee died.]

The karate chop came from Joran's confession as far as I know, not the police report or investigators.

This may be the factual account, but it was reported on a TV broadcast that it was the smell that brought hotel personnel to the room. I am pretty sure that I made a contemporaneous post on the thread when it was stated.

I've said repeatedly that tv news often has huge errors.

Good evening sleuthers, just checking in...is he still alive in Castro Castro?:couch:

Yes. But he's sobbing
cry.gif
and afraid he's gonna be kilt dead. He's promising he'll really reveal the truth this time about where Natalee is if they'll just send him home to Aruba.

Yes. But he's sobbing
cry.gif
and afraid he's gonna be kilt dead. He's promising he'll really reveal the truth this time about where Natalee is if they'll just send him home to Aruba.

That one just cracks me up. This is not so much fun anymore since it is his a$$ on the line of being killed. I guess this has wiped that smirk off his face. Mommy cannot bring him clean clothes and food to Castro Castro since she is so far away.:woohoo:

BBM :rotfl::floorlaugh::beamup:

If you had { } read over all of the articles yourself, and compared peruvian media to american media printed articles only... you would see I'm right.

Here is a good article on this topic though.

http://www.peruviantimes.com/van-de...-passion-and-the-medias-responsibility/096381

Presumed guilt has an insidious way of lowering journalistic standards. A prime example is in today’s Web edition of El Comercio, Peru’s most reputable daily newspaper. El Comercio bizarrely saw fit to quote an expert in the analysis of facial features, who determined, based on the “longitude” of Van der Sloot’s mouth, the smallness of his beady eyes and the depth of the cleft beneath his nose, that he is a “perpetrator” and “manipulator” of potential female victims.

BBM...

El Comercio is supposedly Peru's most reputable daily paper, but in my experience, they've been the absolute worst about speculation and rumors. A lot of it gets filtered out before hitting American media.

Another take on Mai Pen Rai

I received a text message from a friend of mine, who doesn't post here, but enjoys this website. His take on this phrase, is that it is the club Mai Pen Rai MC. Link follows. The "club" is into partying, bikes, bars. Recall that there is video of JVDS in Thailand, motoring around on a bike. He looks like a geek, but - whatever. He probably thinks he looks cool. Yea, right. I also saw a video in which he is talking and gesturing madly, with his left hand (some here have talked about that I believe). In any case, I recognize those "gesturing affectations" as belonging to the "gangstah wannabees". Take a look at the commedian, Ally-G. He goofs on that gangsta rap stuff, with this gesturing. Hard to explain unless you have seen this bit of pop culture.
I think JVDS is posing; a wannabe. With his lame a$$ tatoo.

http://www.maipenraimc.com/
If you click on "members", most of these guys look like they're Dutch or expats from USA, Norway, Lillehammer, etc. .

who knows. Frankly, I can't see JVDS extending an altruistic greeting to anyone; by voice or tatoo. So no, I don't think he simply tatooed a "friendly wish" to someone reading it. So, I guess JVDS' intention behind his tatoo, is up for grabs.

Thanks steve, for the heads up.

Man, Pattaya must not be what it used to be, when I was there in 1985.

Please, let's not start arguing here. I've spent the last 48 hours catching up on all 6 threads and am so impressed with all the hard work you've all put in separating fact from fiction, etc. I can see how a conspiracy theorist would think there is a conspiracy against Joran, just because this whole story is so unbelievable and just gets more bizarre with each passing day. (That said, in no way do I believe there is a 'conspiracy' against anyone, I think JVS is a misogynistic, spoiled, money hungry addict (gambling) with extremely violent tendencies and poor impulse control.)

Be careful or the thread will be closed! Time to go back to your corners and come out smiling.

Maybe a few people should read the rules, etiquette & finesse section before posting.

I'll probably get my head lopped for this but what the hey~~as they say in Hawaii "no worries" I'll post this and then I'm off to the beach for a bit.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] (the entire forum)

and:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75217"]Etiquette & Information Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Okay, I know that the seasoned posters here are very well aware what will get you a time out. They are also very aware of what is going to get a thread slammed shut for review.

IMHO if we keep this up we won't have a thread to read soon. JMHO. for real---I'm not being snotty or snarky. I really really don't want to see so many TOS violations and choice of words that can only be interpreted as unfortunate when addressing another poster. We can all agree to disagree and do it in a respectful manner or we lose the thread. Do a search for the McCain there and there you will see what I'm talking about---

FWIW It is my understanding to discuss another poster within your posts is a TOS violation. If it is not then a mod will come and correct me.

Please I don't want this thread closed. Have a great day all hugs to everyone that cares about these victims! (which is every single person on this board!)

Wings of Light... you have good point and I know you've done a lot of work and research which I appreciate immensely. So, I hope you'll forgive me for saying that you're coming across as a little condescending, IMO.

The post you've quoted, I admittedly misinterpreted what I was responding to. If the intention was what I originally thought - that she was saying peruvian media was more reliable - then I don't think it's condescension. I apologize if I stepped over the line.

Time to drop it before the head Bean shows up with her big stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234