Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
are there any links with more info on this paulus character? i followed the nh case but not in-depth...and i would really be interested in reading some info about him and his relationships with his family and colleagues in aruba...

I would suggest that you google his name. I am sure you will come up with useful information. I have never done so.

BTW why should they charge them when they did not even know she was dead yet. Makes no sense at ALL!

Joran had no clue when they would find Stephany's body. He did not want to leave his name on a passenger's list and have Interpol waiting for him on arrival.

I still don't understand why immediately after the murder he didn't fly out of SA. If he didn't want to be seen in Stephany's car, he could have taken a cab to the airport. Anywhere would have been better than being stuck in SA and returned to Peru. I still don't know if he had enough cash to do so, or credit cards that were usable. I heard that there were 3 people arrested for assisting him in fleeing, any more information on who they were?

Authorities say van der Sloot fled by bus from Lima, Peru to Chile, crossing the border at the town of Arica.

He was believed to be headed for Argentina.

He showed his Dutch passport at a border control point and was taken into town by a shuttle bus.

Reports say he was caught in a taxi at a highway tollbooth.

http://www.insideedition.com/news/4...-apprehended-after-international-manhunt.aspx

I hadn't heard that others were arrested -- just Joran.

IMHO he didn't fly out because he knew/thought peruvian officials would be looking for him there.

MOO

Mel

Don't you wish we could have a straight answer on these simple questions. You hear 14 things and then none of them are right at the end. Fingers crossed we hear something set in stone soon. lol

There is no simple answer. The Peruvian officials dont even know yet.
When they know we will know?

I heard on TV during the week that Joran had 1 full brother and 1 half brother, the half brother allegedly resulting from an affair that Paulus had. Did anyone else hear this? I somehow think that this might have been relayed by Rita Cosby on the Joy Behar show. I know I heard it, I just can't be sure where it came from.

I did hear this, but the only links I could find say "alleged", so I really don't know if this is true. I've only heard it on message boards. Not sure if we should talk about it, since he's still a minor (in his teens I believe).

MOO

Mel

If Joran's attorney knows the Peruvian system I expect him to start
piling up 'credits' in Joran's behalf, to get time off his sentence. These
will include an apology to the Flores family "for the accidental killing",
mention of his drug abuse and victimisation by others, coercion by
the police who didnt mean to hurt Joran, mention of previous rage control
issues coupled with psychiatric personality disorder treatment, his charity
work in behalf of freedom and democracies, his hatred of the Shinning Path, donnation he has made to emerging democracies in the Third World,
no more talk about Natlie, an apology to Natalie's mother for the
"missunderdstanding" with a promise to pay her back from future earnings, his recent conversion to Fundamentalist Values and Christianty brought on by the splendid treatment he has received while being in Peru, his promise to God he is a changed man who has placed his life in the hands of God now, .... and the like.

ROFL ^5 You aren't trying to say Joran would try to con someone are you.:waitasec:

I fully expect his attorney to cover all the bases and "man holes".

I guess he thought that housekeeping would be in to clean his room on the first day he didn't pay his rent, which I believe would have been the next day. He really boxed himself in. Dead girl in his room, bars on the window, little or no money, no car that he could safely use, video cameras everywhere, a head taller than everyone else with bright orange hair, obviously not Spanish speaking. He really really did it.

I still don't understand why immediately after the murder he didn't fly out of SA. If he didn't want to be seen in Stephany's car, he could have taken a cab to the airport. Anywhere would have been better than being stuck in SA and returned to Peru. I still don't know if he had enough cash to do so, or credit cards that were usable. I heard that there were 3 people arrested for assisting him in fleeing, any more information on who they were?

names were posted last night in the preceding thread ... preceeding?
whichever is spelled the rightest! sorry.

I did hear this, but the only links I could find say "alleged", so I really don't know if this is true. I've only heard it on message boards. Not sure if we should talk about it, since he's still a minor (in his teens I believe).

MOO

Mel

I went back and deleted my original post. After I posted it, I felt a little iffy about it. The problem is I can't delete what other posters have quoted.

am sorry i tried to find the link for you re the 3 cabbies that were arrested today.....

He originally went to the airport but suddenly changed his mind about flying after seeing the police presence at the airport.

The 3 people arrested = cab drivers

From the JVDS translation thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5280458&postcount=36"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Translation Thread JVDS[/ame]

His plan was to board a plane and so he went to Jorge Chavez airport but when he saw police he changed his mind and took a taxi to Ica. He paid 1500 soles and gave a gift of a Ferrari watch, a camera, cell phone, perfume/cologne, and clothing.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5282965&postcount=42"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Translation Thread JVDS[/ame]

After that, Joran VDS left the hotel in Stephany's truck, but then left the vehicle parked in Surco, and hired a taxi to take him to Ica and another to Arica. According to his testimony, he told both taxi drivers he had been falsely accused of killing someone.

Also from CNN:

The court also accused three men of failing to report the crime, the release said. Brothers John Williams Aparcana Pisconte and John Oswaldo Aparcana Pisconte, along with Carlos Alberto Uribe Petril, drove van der Sloot from Peru to Chile last week, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/11/peru.murder.case/index.html

I guess he thought that housekeeping would be in to clean his room on the first day he didn't pay his rent, which I believe would have been the next day. He really boxed himself in. Dead girl in his room, bars on the window, little or no money, no car that he could safely use, video cameras everywhere, a head taller than everyone else with bright orange hair, obviously not Spanish speaking. He really really did it.

if the report i heard is correct he was almost 2000 miles away when caught?

Bingo - boy did you hit the nail on the head. I have to laugh -- guess I'm slap happy tonight (now this morning).

:dance:

Mel

He originally went to the airport but suddenly changed his mind about flying after seeing the police presence at the airport.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Translation Thread JVDS

His plan was to board a plane and so he went to Jorge Chavez airport but when he saw police he changed his mind and took a taxi to Ica. He paid 1500 soles and gave a gift of a Ferrari watch, a camera, cell phone, perfume/cologne, and clothing.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Translation Thread JVDS

After that, Joran VDS left the hotel in Stephany's truck, but then left the vehicle parked in Surco, and hired a taxi to take him to Ica and another to Arica. According to his testimony, he told both taxi drivers he had been falsely accused of killing someone.

Also from CNN:

The court also accused three men of failing to report the crime, the release said. Brothers John Williams Aparcana Pisconte and John Oswaldo Aparcana Pisconte, along with Carlos Alberto Uribe Petril, drove van der Sloot from Peru to Chile last week, police said.

I heard the cab drivers were accused, but were they arrested. Could be a translation thang. I hadn't heard they were processed, etc. But I will assume that accused = arrested. Hope that's correct.

Mel

Also from CNN:

and with a prison system like theirs i can see why they didnt want to report it either! LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow