Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there was no translation, but I am guessing it said she is not in Peru because she was attending a fiesta for a mayor? Is that Spanish? I thought they spoke dutch in Aruba.

The language of that newspaper is Papiamentu.

Papiamento (or Papiamentu) is the official and most widely spoken language on the Caribbean islands of Aruba

I hope this is what you are looking for:
1. Open up a second browser window.
2. In that second browser window, click on Google
3. In the upper left-ish of Google search page, click on the little blue arrow, to the right of "more" . Third one down is "translate".
4. Click on "translate".
5. Go to that "BinnenLand" newspaper site, and cut/paste the website address, into the search window, on the Google Translation page. click.

6. Wait for it....Google will translate the entire page, and it will pop up, within that "Google translate" site.

OK:croc: I will be back when I have finished engineering school.
If I never return send out a search party ... :angel: my emergency signal is on 56583763252432825 MHZ! Why do I deserve this!? I didnt do nuthin! (hope you are all
laughing ... Im serious!)

JWarner: Sorry. I don't explain things very well.
The google translator thing, that I described above, worked very well. I am reading that newspaper article in english. Can you open another browser window? We can walk you through it...

I've been away most of the day, and have just read all the back posts on this thread. I guess I am truly out on a limb here- no one else appears to be doubting this story in the least now.

In trying to keep track of the evolving state of the "evidence" presented by the Peruvians, I'm not sure I know what the official story is at this point. Would someone please answer the following questions for me:

1. What is the official cause of death now?
2. What is the official murder weapon?
3. What wounds were found on the body?
4. What position was the body found in?
5. What was Stephany wearing when found, and was she wrapped in a
blanket?
6. What was Joran's motive?
7. Was Stephany sexually assaulted?
8. Did Joran pay for two days back rent at the front desk before leaving? Is there video of this?
9. Did Joran tell the hotel not to check the room? If so, who did he tell and when?
10. Did Joran take Stephany's vehicle?
11. Who discovered Stephany's body?
12. Were there other security cameras on the floor where Joran's room was?

There are numerous other questions I could ask, but that's a good start. I think there is room for doubt in all of these questions, but I would like to know what members' impressions are as to what the "official" answer would be for each of them.

Btw, I notice that a great deal has been made of Joran's supposed spoiled- rich-kid attitude towards the prison food. Do you really think that one of the most notorious prisons in the third world is offering him steak? Giving him cigarettes? Chicken and rice? That all seems just a little too generous, imho. Call me skeptical, but I think such claims are just a bit self-serving.

Finally, the document scanned in earlier posts is not the same one I'm talking about. It came directly from the office of the Minister of Tourism and is clearly legitimate.

Completely random but interesting enough to share. While digging deep, I found a link online showing the last videos Joran downloaded on a file sharing site... one of them involved a girl pooping her pants and pedophilia.

What a guy.

Ewww...

How do you go about finding that stuff? Uhh... nevermind, I don't think I want to know.

They might have to post a guard in front of his cell at all times. Now, remember, even in US prisons high profile prisoners are sometimes killed ( Jeffrey Dahmer is one example), so who are we to judge?

True - but Dahmer was tried and convicted, and in general pop. It's my understanding that JVS is supposed to be in solitary until his trial.

Things that make ya go hmmmmm....

Mel

I've been away most of the day, and have just read all the back posts on this thread. I guess I am truly out on a limb here- no one else appears to be doubting this story in the least now.

In trying to keep track of the evolving state of the "evidence" presented by the Peruvians, I'm not sure I know what the official story is at this point. Would someone please answer the following questions for me:

blanket?
8. Did Joran pay for two days back rent at the front desk before leaving? Is there video of this?
9. Did Joran tell the hotel not to check the room? If so, who did he tell and when?

There are numerous other questions I could ask, but that's a good start. I think there is room for doubt in all of these questions, but I would like to know what members' impressions are as to what the "official" answer would be for each of them.

Btw, I notice that a great deal has been made of Joran's supposed spoiled- rich-kid attitude towards the prison food. Do you really think that one of the most notorious prisons in the third world is offering him steak? Giving him cigarettes? Chicken and rice? That all seems just a little too generous, imho. Call me skeptical, but I think such claims are just a bit self-serving.

Finally, the document scanned in earlier posts is not the same one I'm talking about. It came directly from the office of the Minister of Tourism and is clearly legitimate.

A great start would be to read the media thread and links. You can also read his confession here:

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/6944033/__Verklaring_Joran_van_der_Sloot__.html?cid=rss

Using your google bar, hit translate and it will translate into English. Interesting reading.

Best,

Mel

It's no picnic being in prison in the U.S. either -- although it seems to be a pretty luxurious situation compared to that in Peru.

The trouble is that many, or even most, criminals do not think they will be caught. For that bunch, horrible prisons are not a deterrent. IMO.

Good point...just like LPWP or the DP isn't a deterrent for crime. Many criminals think they will NOT get caught and other times it's because they act impulsively without regard to the consequences. Either way, punishment is no deterrent.

You have hard evidence he killed Natalie?

Does anyone feel that the Kalpoe brothers are just as guilty as Joran? Also, if JVDS was never involved in NH's disappearance would he be as notorious in Stephany's murder as he is now?

I know right?!?
I'm not 100% sure that's how it went.. but I've re-read like, 5 different articles that all said something to the effect of "he wanted what the guards were eating, so he was given chicken and rice" and that came out the same day that it was stated that the prisoners were fed that chicken & vegetable dish.
So... I took it as he didn't want the... whatever... con pollo meal.. so he asked for what they had. I can't believe they actually gave it to him! But, I guess they figured that they had better give him something that he'd at least nibble at... that way he isn't getting sick while he was there. He can't claim starvation.

All this while the rest of the prisoners have to make their own meals. Each week they are allotted a certain amount of food for each pod (which is why there are so many outcasts). Can you imagine what they're gonna do when/if they find out JVS is being served by the guards? EEK!

If I was in that prison, I think I'd go the starvation route!

Mel

I hope this is what you are looking for:
1. Open up a second browser window.
2. In that second browser window, click on Google
3. In the upper left-ish of Google search page, click on the little blue arrow, to the right of "more" . Third one down is "translate".
4. Click on "translate".
5. Go to that "BinnenLand" newspaper site, and cut/paste the website address, into the search window, on the Google Translation page. click.

6. Wait for it....Google will translate the entire page, and it will pop up, within that "Google translate" site.

It worked! Im stunned. My gracious thanks to you. If you had any idea
what a computer clutz I am you would know this is sincere. My sons all
computer saavy will be astounded. I have learned something tonight.

I copied the artikle to a Word file. The Pdf was too large
to traslate, said Google.

JWarner: Sorry. I don't explain things very well.
The google translator thing, that I described above, worked very well. I am reading that newspaper article in english. Can you open another browser window? We can walk you through it...

OH you did JUST GREAT! I am sitting here having party that I did
this at all! My sons will howl when they hear of this. "Dad! *&^5^&*
you must get to know computers" ...... blah blah blah.

Simply put, thank you very much.

If they locked an animal in those conditions, there would be a huge outcry. Joran needs to be locked up and off the streets. My question is, if Joran survives his sentence in Peru, and is released can you imagine how much worse he will be? There is no question that he needs to be locked up and off the streets. I don't have sympathy for Joran but I'm not happy that he or anyone has to live like that.

Another way to look at it is he didn't have to. It's a choice he made for himself. He ran and was trying to get away when they caught him. The way he'd been treated in the past (like a favored pet in Aruba as Nancy Grace aptly put it) there was every reason for him to expect the same favored pet status in the future. It makes one wonder what favor his past handlers (lack of better word) did by treating him with such favor.

He was in Netherlands attending college. How many young people would give their eye teeth for such luxuries as he enjoyed. He's given himself the hallmark of a fool in my opinion.

Interesting, JWarner. I was able to read that newspaper article, while I was "in/on" the Google translator page.

Well, at least you can read it.
This is a great link. Thanks for posting it again. I would have missed it.
Now I completely understand, the various taxi cab rides, and why three taxi drivers were charged with known a crime was committed. Holy crap!

blanket?

I dont see you out on a lamb at all in fact you have caused us to think
hard and that is very good. Seems to me we are asking and doing as
good a research searching for answers as on any network broadcast I
have heard. That is to be commended and you are a part of this! Your
list of evidentiary questions is important.

Does anyone feel that the Kalpoe brothers are just as guilty as Joran? Also, if JVDS was never involved in NH's disappearance would he be as notorious in Stephany's murder as he is now?

I don't know that I feel the Kalpoes are equally as guilty as Joran. I certainly think they're complicit.

As to the second question. No, I doubt it. It would probably just be a blurb in the international headlines about an American commiting a brutal murder on a prominent Peruvian citizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member