DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I'm seeing yes he did Suzi.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007436-504083.html

snip:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gwakQu_5PFon0fJdDP98gM9iADFg

JVDS was in the company of Altez and a translator provided by the Dutch Embassy at the time of this confession.

If I'm not mistaken the argument is that JVDS (and Altez) are claiming because the confession was made in front of a state appointed defense attn. it should be thrown out.

Snip:

Somehow I am thinking that it has maybe to do with Peruvian law and how the trials are handled. Does anyone know if it is usually required that during an interview or confession that a prosecutor has to be there as well?

Sounds like they might be fishing for a loophole. JMHO.

Thanks for posting this....in this information overload lately I had totally forgotten this...I remember reading that myself that the Dutch Embassy had provided him with a translator...thanks Kat.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, however, I am still not convinced that Joran didn't pay for a day or two of Stephany's decomp.

Him telling the TAC staff to leave his girl alone, etc...

There's also the matter of staff scheduling. Perhaps those who signed Joran into his room.....were not the same who saw him come and go at other times.

Like when he and Stephany entered the 'Tacky'...... he got his key and they headed to the elevator (I assume they had one) they may have been a night crew - unrelated to the day shift.....

As a conspiracy theorist, I think I've made my own thoughts pretty clear. Speaking only for myself, I'm just raising questions that I think need to be asked. Too many "coincidences." The wildly varying accounts of the basic details of the crime scene; murder weapon, cause of death, position of body, clothing on body. Most important of all- that incomprehensible three day gap between time of death and discovery of Stephany's body.

Conspiracy theories, by their very nature, will always seem illogical. Since most of us have never conspired in this manner, we can't begin to really understand the motivations behind them. All we can do is analyze the evidence, which is what I'm doing.

No theory here should ever be ruled as moot. If a member takes the time to patiently respond to numerous questions about their theory then we should respect that member's theory even if it doesn't 1. Jive with our own. 2. Seem Logical to us 3. Any other reason.

No opinion of a member here should ever be moot. Opinions and theories do not have to be supported by fact. They just don't.

Opinions and theories are thrown around here all the time and if I see one that doesn't work for me---I read it and move on.

My :twocents:

Again, the question regarding this retraction of Joran's "confession" is- what if the Peruvian authorities did type up a "confession" that Joran didn't understand at all, and signed because they lied about what it said? Do all of you really support any country permitting something like that?

I understand that most of you think this is just another of Joran's lies. Fine. My hypothethical question was if you'd think it was wrong if the authorities did trick him into signing a "confession."

No person interested in justice should support that, imho.

See I have a hard time believing that Joran did not know what he was signing. He speaks spanish fairly well from what I could tell. He conversed with the police in spanish. I heard him on video and he conversed rather well in my opinion.

WBG. If you want to bring forward a post from another thread for viewing on a current thread here is how I do it.

1. Locate the previous post and click on the number in the upper right hand corner (it will be located next to the triangle alert button).

2. Once you click on that number the post will open in another browser window and will show only that single post.

3. Copy (right hand click on your mouse) the URL address for that particle single post within that new webpage.

4. Bring it to the current thread and paste it into your reply to thread window. It will make that specific post (link) viewable for all to see without violating TOS by copy and pasting the entire text of a previous post from a closed thread. Hope that helps :)

Kat, thank you so much for taking the time to type out these instructions.
I just had to test them out - here goes:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5314860&postcount=215"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Joran Van der Sloot Confesses to Murdering Stephany Flores Ramirez #11[/ame]

Let's see if it worked. TY :blowkiss:

Cool! It worked!

OK, I tend to disagree with you on this. This is a hostel, low budget, low rent, flea bag hostel in a third world country. It's possible that he paid for a couple days and they thought he was still around. It's possible they are just slack. Maybe someone called in sick, the dog ate it, someone got a flat tire.

Now. If you are hinging your "he was framed" on this little bit of "something" then you got large problems.

Please tell me that you have something more, Sir. This Sporter is on trial for his life. Please tell me their lawyer hasn't pinned their hopes to a maid service call a few days late.

:ban me:

Of course, I don't know for certain what the policies regarding cleaning the rooms at this hotel/hostel were. However, there have been varying explanations for why the body wasn't discovered for three days, which was a question even American journalists raised early on.

First, we were told that Joran placed a "do not disturb" sign on the door. The video disproves that. We were also informed that he had told the hotel staff, as he left, that he'd be back in a "few days," and not to check the room. The video doesn't reveal him saying anything to the front desk as he leaves the hotel. Then, his words grew more specific, and we learned that he had told the hotel not to bother "his girl." Eventually, we were told that, on the video snippet (which hadn't been released at that point) where he goes to get coffee, Joran had stopped by the desk and paid two days back rent, telling them not to check the room at that point.

Now, it appears that there just isn't an explanation for it. I'm sorry, but I don't believe any hotel/hostel/motel or whatever, would fail to clean a vacated room for three days. Anything could have been left behind by the previous patron, and I can't accept that it isn't standard procedure everywhere in the world to promptly prepare vacated rooms for future guests, even if there are many other rooms available. It is ridiculous, imho, to suggest that any establishment would hold a room for someone without some kind of deposit. Maybe that will be the next explanation- the hotel will suddenly discover that Joran left a deposit for the room.

There are lots of reasons to be suspicious about the "facts" in this case, but I strongly believe the gap between time of death and discovery of body is the single strongest.

No theory here should ever be ruled as moot. If a member takes the time to patiently respond to numerous questions about their theory then we should respect that member's theory even if it doesn't 1. Jive with our own. 2. Seem Logical to us 3. Any other reason.

No opinion of a member here should ever be moot. Opinions and theories do not have to be supported by fact. They just don't.

Opinions and theories are thrown around here all the time and if I see one that doesn't work for me---I read it and move on.

My :twocents:

You are a class act.....and I mean that with all my heart....it is a pleasure to read everything you write Kat........Mahalo.

Regarding the Dutch translator, the video of Joran asking out loud, "This only says that I understand my rights, correct?" seems to indicate that he wasn't exactly doing his job, doesn't it?

Joran didn't make up this excuse later on, there is video of him saying it before he signed the "confession" that he evidently thought was merely an admission that he understood his rights.

Thanks for posting this....in this information overload lately I had totally forgotten this...I remember reading that myself that the Dutch Embassy had provided him with a translator...thanks Kat.

Yup well there it is......proof positive that a translator was present when he signed that confession.....which will probably be tossed because there is too much evidence against him.

Remember this is the guy who thinks of himself as a 'Snake' and wants to be a as strong as a Lion......

well that's partly right already.....he is a lying Lion..

See I have a hard time believing that Joran did not know what he was signing. He speaks spanish fairly well from what I could tell. He conversed with the police in spanish. I heard him on video and he conversed rather well in my opinion.

I too was very surprised to see and hear him speak Spanish so well.

What would make Joran to dispise women so bad to lead to murder???

I don't know, of course, but I could speculate. It may very well be that joran developed a superior attitude towards the local Arubans. It happens in these Countries. As I understand it, his family was well-to-do there and it wouldn't surprise me if joran considered himself to be a big-shot. I'm guessing, he could probably get any young girl he wanted there and could get away with anything.

You are a class act.....and I mean that with all my heart....it is a pleasure to read everything you write Kat........Mahalo.

Thanks Nana, Mahalo to you too sweetie. I have to say goodnight to all :)

LOL I remembered the Dutch translator, but I forgot his own attorney was present.

Of course, I don't know for certain what the policies regarding cleaning the rooms at this hotel/hostel were. However, there have been varying explanations for why the body wasn't discovered for three days, which was a question even American journalists raised early on.

First, we were told that Joran placed a "do not disturb" sign on the door. The video disproves that. We were also informed that he had told the hotel staff, as he left, that he'd be back in a "few days," and not to check the room. The video doesn't reveal him saying anything to the front desk as he leaves the hotel. Then, his words grew more specific, and we learned that he had told the hotel not to bother "his girl." Eventually, we were told that, on the video snippet (which hadn't been released at that point) where he goes to get coffee, Joran had stopped by the desk and paid two days back rent, telling them not to check the room at that point.

Now, it appears that there just isn't an explanation for it. I'm sorry, but I don't believe any hotel/hostel/motel or whatever, would fail to clean a vacated room for three days. Anything could have been left behind by the previous patron, and I can't accept that it isn't standard procedure everywhere in the world to promptly prepare vacated rooms for future guests, even if there are many other rooms available. It is ridiculous, imho, to suggest that any establishment would hold a room for someone without some kind of deposit. Maybe that will be the next explanation- the hotel will suddenly discover that Joran left a deposit for the room.

There are lots of reasons to be suspicious about the "facts" in this case, but I strongly believe the gap between time of death and discovery of body is the single strongest.

Not gonna argue any point here but this caused me to think a minute....since we only have video..we don't have audio so he could actually have said "don't bother my girl",etc. as he passed by...we have seen some interaction between him and the desk people....maybe the video that they deemed the most damning was released? Maybe there are some of him paying, etc.............heck I dunno....more fodder to think on another day,lol

The question for me is Did the hotel know that the room was vacated? Or did they think he went out for awhile? There are staff changes and they may not have put it together for a few days.

Regarding the Dutch translator, the video of Joran asking out loud, "This only says that I understand my rights, correct?" seems to indicate that he wasn't exactly doing his job, doesn't it?

Joran didn't make up this excuse later on, there is video of him saying it before he signed the "confession" that he evidently thought was merely an admission that he understood his rights.

What about the fact his own attorney was present?

Could you please link to the video of JVS saying this? I don't recall hearing him say this. TIA.

As a conspiracy theorist, I think I've made my own thoughts pretty clear. Speaking only for myself, I'm just raising questions that I think need to be asked. Too many "coincidences." The wildly varying accounts of the basic details of the crime scene; murder weapon, cause of death, position of body, clothing on body. Most important of all- that incomprehensible three day gap between time of death and discovery of Stephany's body.

Conspiracy theories, by their very nature, will always seem illogical. Since most of us have never conspired in this manner, we can't begin to really understand the motivations behind them. All we can do is analyze the evidence, which is what I'm doing.

The bolding, I believe you have answered that yourself before, due to the various media. Especially Nancy Grace running with any little rumor. Plus translating from Spanish to English. Not unusual if one looks at all the other missing and murdered cases.
As far as the body not being found for 3 days: Low maintenance on cheap living space; the less you have cleaning staff come in, the less you pay. Plus as someone mentioned, as Joran left the place quite composed I might add, he told hotel staff to not disturb "his girl".

ITA Nana. You took the words right out of my keyboard!

I don't know, of course, but I could speculate. It may very well be that joran developed a superior attitude towards the local Arubans. It happens in these Countries. As I understand it, his family was well-to-do there and it wouldn't surprise me if joran considered himself to be a big-shot. I'm guessing, he could probably get any young girl he wanted there and could get away with anything.

When I see men that treat women like they are beneath them I always think they were taught that at home.JMO

When I see men that treat women like they are beneath them I always think they were taught that at home.JMO

Good point.............or maybe not taught at all,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member