GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have to admit, I was laughing hysterically at this woman and her antics. I was even ROFL with my daughter about her song. I know I should feel bad for this woman and wish someone would help her. :slap:

................But I just can't help myself. Anyone who's followed the past 6 years in the life of JVDS knows what a :liar: and player JVDS is. For anyone to fall for his BS is, well, IMHO, their own fault! This poor woman not only has her family turn against her, her ex is egging her on! :rolleyes:

Now, fwiw, I don't put BH in this category because she's in a league of her own and one I pray I never have to join in. :(

I hope justice finally finds JVDS in the soon to be murder trial. :behindbar: Karma just has to find this guy! :mad: It just has to! :maddening:

Heaven help us all if he ends up skating with a lite sentence! :banghead:

JMHO
fran

"We can ask the prosecutor to modify the indictment* as new facts come out during the trial. But on the first day of trial, we expect van der Sloot to plead guilty to both charges. It seems this will be in his best interest," the attorney told InSession.

Meanwhile, van der Sloot's lawyer said that he plans to file a motion with the court, requesting his client be set free.**

As of early next month, van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in Peruvian prison. Jimenez will argue that under Peruvian law, it is considered excessive imprisonment when a person has been jailed for more than 18 months without having had his day in court.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-11-22/..._sloot-stephany-flores-van-der?_s=PM:AMERICAS

* as everyone had said, i sure hope he gets the aggravated instead. although i don't understand, if they're only charging him with simple murder and robbery and he's willing to plead guilty to both those charges, why is there a trial?

** if this happens, :furious::furious::furious:

not real sure where this should be posted...

i just watched the video of enrique flores meeting beth for the first time (i actually missed all news of this event when it happened) and, it broke my heart!

i was calmly watching and as soon as the two met and said it was nice to meet each other, i lost it. i mean, full on cry tears streaming down my face hands over my eyes. i have no idea why this hit me so hard except after 6.5 years -and the lives of two beautiful, loved, innocent young women- the idea that these two families' lives collided and will forever be connected b/c of the heinousness that is jvds, is just so so sad to me.

i can only hope, pray and trust in the peruvian legal system that true absolute justice begins friday.

Thank you. This is where you and I disagree. I do not find Anita VanderSloot credible - at all. She's spent her life covering and making excuses for her son. Just because she doesn't have a criminal record and is an art teacher doesn't mean she's telling the truth.

Cindy Anthony doesn't have a criminal record either. She had a reputable career in the nursing field. Does that mean she's credible as well? She's also spent her life covering for her child. Two peas...

IMO

And it really isn't even true. AVDS may not have physically visited him in prison, but they were in regular contact. She also was in contact with his attorneys, and reporters, she was the one getting John van den Huevel in for that interview with JVDS in prison. IIRC, he first spoke to AVDS.

I'm not saying that a mother ever could or should give up loving and caring about their child, even AVDS, but when she said in that interview that she was basically washing her hands of him and could no longer support him, that wasn't really true.

Joran sent to Peru’s Siberia

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/dutch-press-review-thursday-5-january-2012

Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, who is being held in Peru for the murder of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores, can expect a couple of unpleasant surprises, writes De Telegraaf. The prison authorities have requested a transfer from the notorious prison in Lima to the even more notorious Challapalca prison.

In addition, the US authorities have officially filed for his extradition for the extortion of the parents of US teenager Natalee Holloway who disappeared over five and a half years ago. So once he has sat out what is expected to be a long sentence, he can look forward to a taste of American justice.

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1356970/n...ot-deudos-insistiran-cadena-perpetua-holandes

I wish we could post the whole article as it has good information but due to copyright restraints I translated excerpts from the report

Van der Sloot trial: the key process that begins tomorrow

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE FIRST HEARING?
At the hearing on Friday, marking the beginning of the trial, both parties, the aggrieved and the Van der Sloot, present new evidence in their possession and then the room will inform the defendant of charges against him asking if he accepts or not.

If assumed, the judiciary ruling issued in about 48 hours, but the Dutchman denies the charge, will be moved to stage presentation folders, witnesses and allegations, all this will develop in different sessions.

EVIDENCE AGAINST THE DUTCH
The defense of the Flores family has based its strategy on five axes evidence and testimony that considered key. Alvarez explained that the pillar of his argument are the images of the hotel security camera Tac, showing van der Sloot leave and return to her room scene, with two cups of coffee to simulate continued Stephany life when he was already dead.

Another point, perhaps the most important part of the evidence, are the conversations that said poker player over the Internet with his friend Stan Pluijmen, who said he was in Lima without money and would be capable of anything, even prostitution, to get some money to allow him to return to their country.

Analysis Division of the Police High Technology held at the defendant's laptop will also be taken into account, because this indicates that the searches case Natalee Holloway , who disappeared in Aruba in 2005, took place a day before the murder of Peruvian student, so the Dutch hypothesis violent crime fell by emotion.

The fourth axis, according to Alvarez told us is that the poker player during his escape to Chile confided to the three drivers who transported them he was running because he had killed someone and the last test is the statement that Van der Sloot gave in which he confessed to the murder.

"These statements (confession) have not been crossed in the process. His lawyers have not taken even the work of applying for annulment of that document, so you have any legal validity and use it at the trial, " he added.

And it really isn't even true. AVDS may not have physically visited him in prison, but they were in regular contact. She also was in contact with his attorneys, and reporters, she was the one getting John van den Huevel in for that interview with JVDS in prison. IIRC, he first spoke to AVDS.

I'm not saying that a mother ever could or should give up loving and caring about their child, even AVDS, but when she said in that interview that she was basically washing her hands of him and could no longer support him, that wasn't really true.

Anita is no Cindy Anthony.

"Joran is sick in his head, but he wanted no help," Anita van der Sloot said, breaking her silence on the case in an interview published Saturday in the Dutch daily newspaper De Telegraaf (The Telegraph).

"If he did this, he must bear the consequences. I can not embrace him," Anita van der Sloot said. She claims that her son was in recent years developed severe mental problems. " His departure to Peru was a flight to escape being committed to a clinic."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3780249...cas/t/van-der-sloots-mom-joran-sick-his-head/

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1356970/n...ot-deudos-insistiran-cadena-perpetua-holandes

I wish we could post the whole article as it has good information but due to copyright restraints I translated excerpts from the report

Van der Sloot trial: the key process that begins tomorrow

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE FIRST HEARING?

EVIDENCE AGAINST THE DUTCH
Thank you annalia, excellent article! :thumb:
la defensa de la familia de Flores Ramírez solicitará al Ministerio Público en la última parte del proceso que modifique la tipificación a robo seguido de muerte.
“Nosotros apuntamos a que luego de presentar las pruebas en el juicio, la fiscalía cambie la tipificación del delito y de homicidio calificado pase a ser robo seguido de muerte. Así no serán 30 años de cárcel, sino cadena perpetua”, agregó en diálogo con elcomercio.pe.
“De acuerdo a nuestro sistema penal, el rol de perseguir le corresponde a la fiscalía. Lo que hacemos nosotros es ayudar presentando pruebas, pero no me corresponde a mí pedir las penas. Le vamos a dar insumos a la fiscal y ella también deberá tomar en cuenta estos elementos para que pueda modificar la acusación”, manifestó.
full article: Juicio a Van der Sloot: las claves del proceso que inicia mañana : http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1356970/noticia-juicio-van-der-sloot-deudos-insistiran-cadena-perpetua-holandes

Joran Van Der Sloot Moves To Hell Prison

For Joran van der Sloot, who is still considered a suspect in the disappearance of American student Natalee Holloway in Aruba, it seems that his nightmares are just beginning.

http://www.nodeju.com/17698/joran-van-der-sloot-moves-to-hell-prison.html

"For Joran van der Sloot, who is still considered a suspect in the disappearance of American student Natalee Holloway in Aruba, it seems that his nightmares are just beginning."

I look for JVDS to try and kill himself. He's just that selfish.

How much, I wonder, will a trial cost in the US (1 mil)? How much to jail him for even five years ($250,00)? IMO, depending on the outcome of the SF trial, our government should just hand over the money to BH and call it a day. The tax payers resources could be better spent on trying and convicting our own criminals. JMO

Did I mishear this morning. I think the Today Show said he is expected to plead guilty today??!

If so, I don't know what that means in that country, or what will happen.

Did I mishear this morning. I think the Today Show said he is expected to plead guilty today??!

If so, I don't know what that means in that country, or what will happen.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/06/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot-trial/?hpt=wo_c2

(CNN) -- In a last-minute defense strategy change, Joran van der Sloot is expected to plead guilty to all the charges against him in connection with the killing of a Peruvian woman, his lawyer told CNN Friday.

The original plan going into the trial, which was set to begin Friday, was to admit to killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores, but to fight more stringent charges that could land him more time in prison, attorney Luis Jimenez said.

If van der Sloot goes forward with this approach, he could be sentenced as early as next week.

In Session is covering now.

The way I'm seeing what's happening is that JVDS' defense attorney had a change in strategy from JVDS wanting to plea to his own terms, to throwing himself on the mercy of the court by pleading guilty and hoping for a reduced sentence because it's a *sincere confession*. Is that how others see it?

The person on InSessions said that the judges can accept or not accept the sincere confession.

It also says to me that JVDS' attorneys may have come to their senses knowing that any attempt to say that JVDS murdered SF because of his stress over NH wasn't going to fly and could very well have gotten him an even longer sentence. For example, JVDS said that it was because SF saw something about NH on his computer, that was proven to be a lie.

Just head on InSession, JVDS' attorney told JC that JVDS suffered from PTSD but he and JVDS spoke very little about the NH case but JVDS told him he didn't do it, and JVDS knew that FBI was in Aruba. Hmmmm, not too bright to just take JVDS word on anything.

That brings up another question, if I heard that right about him knowing the FBI was there, was JVDS tipped off that the FBI was on the island?
JMHO

"For Joran van der Sloot, who is still considered a suspect in the disappearance of American student Natalee Holloway in Aruba, it seems that his nightmares are just beginning."

I look for JVDS to try and kill himself. He's just that selfish.

How much, I wonder, will a trial cost in the US (1 mil)? How much to jail him for even five years ($250,00)? IMO, depending on the outcome of the SF trial, our government should just hand over the money to BH and call it a day. The tax payers resources could be better spent on trying and convicting our own criminals. JMO

my bolding

That's a good point about the cost, respectfully disagree with one point though. It isn't costing the US much right now to keep the charges against him, in the future it could be used as leverage against him, a deal to drop the charges in order to get answers for the truth about NH.

I'd bet he'd be pretty sick of being in prison by then and the thought of going to another prison might do the trick. Even if it doesn't, the US has nothing to lose at this point.

JMHO

The way I'm seeing what's happening is that JVDS' defense attorney had a change in strategy from JVDS wanting to plea to his own terms, to throwing himself on the mercy of the court by pleading guilty and hoping for a reduced sentence because it's a *sincere confession*. Is that how others see it?

The person on InSessions said that the judges can accept or not accept the sincere confession.

It also says to me that JVDS' attorneys may have come to their senses knowing that any attempt to say that JVDS murdered SF because of his stress over NH wasn't going to fly and could very well have gotten him an even longer sentence. For example, JVDS said that it was because SF saw something about NH on his computer, that was proven to be a lie.

JMHO

This is exactly the way I understand it, annalia. It's a last ditch attempt to cut his losses. IMO

Wow... he looks awful! He's got some serious dark circles/bags under his eyes. His boyish looks gone. Hasn't lost his smirk though.

I could probably understand the Spanish better than this interpreter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmandaRDH