GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On HLN one of the 3 Judges said to him "We expect you to sit up straight and act respectful.".

So how do you all think he'll fair with 3 female judges? Do you think he'll charm them or do you think they'll despise him and his antics like most of the females on this board?

So how do you all think he'll fair with 3 female judges? Do you think he'll charm them or do you think they'll despise him and his antics like most of the females on this board?

With his smirking, acting like he wants this over with, showing no respect at all I hope these three Judges see right through him.

He just looks pure evil.

27wyqa8.jpg

So tell me if I've got this straight. If he doesn't plead guilty, he goes to trial. During the trial his charges can be upgraded and he could face life in prison in Peru. If he pleads guilty to 30 years he will then be extradited to the US for a few years while he plays with that legal system in his extortion trial. Then he goes back to Peru to serve out his time there which I assume will not equal 30 years and then assuming he is found guilty in the US he goes back to serve his time there? So right now he's trying to manipulate the courts in Peru to plead guilty to a lesser sentence there? So that by the time his trial in the US is over he's pretty much done his time in Peru? And then he just has to do most of his jail time in the US?

I'm so confused.

This could all be his undoing in the end. These female judges are not Mary Hamer, he's not going to get away with trying to fool them or make a mockery of the Peruvian judicial system.

One thing I'm not sure about, did he consult with his attorney first, or did he just come out and say this on his own?

JMHO

So tell me if I've got this straight. If he doesn't plead guilty, he goes to trial. During the trial his charges can be upgraded and he could face life in prison in Peru. If he pleads guilty to 30 years he will then be extradited to the US for a few years while he plays with that legal system in his extortion trial. Then he goes back to Peru to serve out his time there which I assume will not equal 30 years and then assuming he is found guilty in the US he goes back to serve his time there? So right now he's trying to manipulate the courts in Peru to plead guilty to a lesser sentence there? So that by the time his trial in the US is over he's pretty much done his time in Peru? And then he just has to do most of his jail time in the US?

I'm so confused.

Beats me, Kamille. I'm just as confused as you. All I know is that he's manipulating everyone by dangling that carrot of revealing all and then yanking it back at the last second - just like he's always done.

He almost seemed to be enjoying himself.

This could all be his undoing in the end. These female judges are not Mary Hamer, he's not going to get away with trying to fool them or make a mockery of the Peruvian judicial system.

One thing I'm not sure about, did he consult with his attorney first, or did he just come out and say this on his own?

JMHO

Well they could have postponed his decision until after lunch not 5 days. He and his lawyer have had a year and a half to decide how to go about this. The evidence is not new to them. They knew what the prosecution was going to do and say. If it was him on his own doing this then those judges just let him manipulate them for the first time IMO. He does this by doing the unexpected and catching people off guard who then need time themselves to figure out the legal ramifications. Hopefully they don't let it happen again.

MOO

Beats me, Kamille. I'm just as confused as you. All I know is that he's manipulating everyone by dangling that carrot of revealing all and then yanking it back at the last second - just like he's always done.

He almost seemed to be enjoying himself.

(above bbm)
It's probably the most excitement he's had in a while.

(above bbm)
It's probably the most excitement he's had in a while.

Well he is a gambler. Perhaps after seeing how he can spend his days hanging around in that courtroom for a while instead of in his cell, he'll decide to plead not guilty to what the prosecution is saying happened and let this thing go to trial. He's pretty unpredictable.

ETA: He probably is weighing his odds on whether he can charm 3 female judges during a trial. If he just pleads guilty he doesn't take the chance that he can manipulate them to a lesser charge.

Well they could have postponed his decision until after lunch not 5 days. He and his lawyer have had a year and a half to decide how to go about this. The evidence is not new to them. They knew what the prosecution was going to do and say. If it was him on his own doing this then those judges just let him manipulate them for the first time IMO. He does this by doing the unexpected and catching people off guard who then need time themselves to figure out the legal ramifications. Hopefully they don't let it happen again.

MOO

I hope they don't let it happen either.

Another thought, Peru is well aware that there are eyes on them from around the world, they'll want to make sure they're seen as giving him a fair trail. 5 days to them may not seem like a big deal in the larger picture.

I hope they don't let it happen either.

Another thought, Peru is well aware that there are eyes on them from around the world, they'll want to make sure they're seen as giving him a fair trail. 5 days to them may not seem like a big deal in the larger picture.

True but ironically most of those eyes want to see Peru clamp down on his arrogance, get this over with quickly and throw him in the general population for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

MOO

True but ironically most of those eyes want to see Peru clamp down on his arrogance, get this over with quickly and throw him in the general population for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

MOO

I know what you mean, the thought that he's even still attempting to manipulate SF' murder for his own advantage is almost too much too bear.

I'm hoping that this is giving him enough rope to hang himself.

What an arrogant SOB. I just want to slap him. It doesn't look like his mommy will come to the trial.

What an arrogant SOB. I just want to slap him. It doesn't look like his mommy will come to the trial.

No but I bet his guardian angel wanted to be there. :floorlaugh:

:gthanks:to everyone who provided info here while the hearing was going on... i don't get CNN right now :anguish: nor could i find it online on time.

(located the stream on hln.com after it was over lol)

post-poned? grrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members