GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's still shaking his head throughout this whole sentencing. Give him the max. Please. He's earned it.

I don't understand how making a "sincere confession" (yeah, right) can buy him brownie points. Don't they take into consideration that he viciously killed one woman and probably was just as vicious in Natalee's death, and he is a danger to others?

He's not understanding what all of this means... (and neither do I)

Sounds to me that they don't believe the sincere confession, but I'm not sure.

I think he is saying 'so what' get on with it. Who is he making all these gestures to? Anyone know.

Aaaack, who cares what the TH's think right now! What are they saying about his sincere confession???

so his "sincere confession" will only have limited influence and will have no impact as a mitigating factor for sentencing... did i hear correctly?

It sounded like that to me too but then IS went to break and HLN are discussing what's happening.

?? Did they just say that the sincere confession doesn't matter because they don't believe it (in other words) ??

ETA: Thanks fifteen89!

Does not meet the requirements for a sincere confession.

Go judges!!!!

It still sounds like they're not buyin' his account of how the murder went down.

fran

I think the news just said the court doesn't believe his confession was sincere and thus won't reduce the sentence for such. Is that correct?

So much for JVM thinking the 3 female judges might be swayed by young, charismatic Joran.

OMGosh, I wish I had my own translator!! Let me hear them say, "Sentenced to 30 years" in plain English and I'll be soooo happy!

ETA: I still hope they make him stand up when they read the actual sentence....

ETA: *Judges (Translator) - Must be expelled from country once sentence is served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member