Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the mention of this kids name makes me mad, but for some reason I am pleased that the Dutch are going to give him representation. I am really having mixed emotions about all of this. I think its because of its location.
Am I wrong or is the military in charge of the police force in Peru?

I guess I better google and find out about that.

As much as I hate him, he is a Dutch citizen in a foreign country and all that 'innocent until proven guilty' stuff...so I can see why they are doing it. They probably have to.

I've watched the video a few times and there is something about her demeanor that doesn't sit right with me. I'm not sure that she's staggering or dragging her feet but it's almost as if she isn't there volunarily. She clearly wasn't being physically forced but it doesn't seem like she wants to be there. I just can't quite put my finger on it.
It looks like she's not comfortable wearing heels (don't know if she is or not).

I've watched the video a few times and there is something about her demeanor that doesn't sit right with me. I'm not sure that she's staggering or dragging her feet but it's almost as if she isn't there volunarily. She clearly wasn't being physically forced but it doesn't seem like she wants to be there. I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Exactly. It gives me the willies. I don't get why her demeanor is such - I can't figure it out. I guess in my mind I think if she isn't drugged, stoned or drunk why would she just not leave? Esp. since there was a report by a friend that she texted her or called and said she was heading to bed...

Seems to me she is ducking her head from the cameras. Maybe doesn't want her Dad to know she was in a hotel room with a strange man? <shrugs shoulders>

It looks like she's not comfortable wearing heels (don't know if she is or not).

That's a perfect way to describe it....It's as if she just got a new pair of stilleto's and is wearing them for the first time. Looking at the floor the whole time, not too steady on her feet, etc.

Exactly. It gives me the willies. I don't get why her demeanor is such - I can't figure it out. I guess in my mind I think if she isn't drugged, stoned or drunk why would she just not leave? Esp. since there was a report by a friend that she texted her or called and said she was heading to bed...
Whatever came of the report that she had an argument with her father and left the house on Friday?

Well it certainly does not look like any sort of "romantic couple" thing-they aren't holding hands or hugging, etc. She kind of just follows him. I don't know how and why he managed to convince that girl to follow him into his hotel room.

I also noticed this... it seems like she is almost in a trance & has no control over where she is at / its not setting well with me at all either.

Well it certainly does not look like any sort of "romantic couple" thing-they aren't holding hands or hugging, etc. She kind of just follows him. I don't know how and why he managed to convince that girl to follow him into his hotel room.

I think she needed to "crash" and he said, no problem I have a room paid up for 14 days....(assuming that the fight with dad would make her not want to go home).

I still can't get over the fact the hotel worker didn't check the room for 72 hours...didn't he find it odd that JVDS just disappeared!

Would depend on how much cash may have been given, and even then, at some point, gonna have to check the room or address the problem. Head start was all he wanted.

After watching the video numerous times, I get the feeling that Stephany does not want to be seen...or perhaps recognized since she is the daughter of a prominent citizen. As for the way she's following him, it strikes me as if they are going to his room for a particular purpose. Since she is not visibly carrying a purse, could she have possibly just left it in her car, not planning on being in his room for long?

I think she needed to "crash" and he said, no problem I have a room paid up for 14 days....(assuming that the fight with dad would make her not want to go home).

But if she just won a bunch of money-certainly she could have rented her own room in that hotel?

This is the bit I don't understand. How could he know there were skin scapings belonging to JVDS under her nails, if the samples weren't taken before her burial? They can assume that the evidence is there, but how can they know it?

Also note the doctor says the evidence 'could' be found under the girls fingernails. So it's a possibility- not a definate. I think SF's father's could have interpreted the info incorrectly, considering his grief and lack of sleep.

If JVDS hit SF with a weapon (racket?) from behind causing her death, then there may have been no struggle or fighting for her life- thus no visible scratches on JVDS, and possibly no skin scrapings belonging to JVDS.

Also want to note that SF's bro said that she was unrecognisable....he could also have assumed it was from the beating, but a corpse after 4 days of decomp is not going to look the same as when they were alive.
JMO
Exhumation...well now that doesn't make sense at all. Why wouldn't the medical examiner take any scrapings at the time of autopsy?

Seems to me she is ducking her head from the cameras. Maybe doesn't want her Dad to know she was in a hotel room with a strange man? <shrugs shoulders>

The thought crossed my mind that maybe she was embarassed to be going to a guy's room at 5am? Or she didn't want to get recognized. I don't get it what is going on exactly it's disturbing me.

This is the bit I don't understand. How could he know there were skin scapings belonging to JVDS under her nails, if the samples weren't taken before her burial? They can assume that the evidence is there, but how can they know it?

Also note the doctor says the evidence 'could' be found under the girls fingernails. So it's a possibility- not a definate. I think SF's father's could have interpreted the info incorrectly, considering his grief and lack of sleep.

If JVDS hit SF with a weapon (racket?) from behind causing her death, then there may have been no struggle or fighting for her life- thus no visible scratches on JVDS, and possibly no skin scrapings belonging to JVDS.

Also want to note that SF's bro said that she was unrecognisable....he could also have assumed it was from the beating, but a corpse after 4 days of decomp is not going to look the same as when they were alive.
JMO

I wonder with having brothers and a father who is around men all the time (race car driver etc), and being from a very wealthy and powerful family, if Stephany wasn't taught if she was ever abducted to scratch and get DNA under her nails. Maybe that's why the father keeps referring to the scrapings. just a thought...

But if she just won a bunch of money-certainly she could have rented her own room in that hotel?

Good Point! The charming nature that JVDS is though, and fear from her father, I really think she thought it not a problem to crash. She never thought JVDS was a sociopath.

I've noticed alot of the media is now referring to him as a serial killer. Geraldo tonight had a bottom banner that at one time said: "Peruvian authorities: He is a serial killer"

Other have said that LE needs to go check all the other places he's been.

Usually a serial killer has at least 3 victims (and most times many more). Why would the Peruvian authorities be saying this? Makes me wonder if their **ahem** interrogation techniques are being quite effective?

I'm hoping that whatever interrogation techniques the Peruvians use, it will finally shed some light on what really happened to Natalee too. Even though Joran can't be prosecuted in Peru for Natalee's death, I hope they can at least get the truth out of him and share that with Aruba and Natalee's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz