Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MF: think will b convicted, but remember we're looking through American eyes; need to reconstruct between 5:15 AM and the time he went out for coffee

I'm really starting to wonder if these two just met that night, as Stephany's father asserts. I think she may have been hanging around with him much longer than that (without her family's knowledge). In the hotel it seems like there is tension between them - he refuses to acknowledge her presence and she follows meekly behind, almost like she's contrite about something.

I think they knew each other much longer than a few hours and I think they were arguing before they even got to the hotel. I think her family just didn't know about it.

That could be true. I hope they are checking other Hotels....

KimG: who else has he done this to?
What about t ones who don't have a father that ran for president twice?

Was Dave H. referring to 8am east coast time or Peruvian time? If east coast time it wouldn't make sense because peru is 5 hours ahead and Stephany was already dead at that time.

Both Baden and KG said they don't believe JVDS will last long in prison there at all. GR said he's done reports about those prisons and that Peru's are the worst.

But we all already knew that.......

Was Dave H. referring to 8am east coast time or Peruvian time? If east coast time it wouldn't make sense because peru is 5 hours ahead and Stephany was already dead at that time.
I think Peru is one hour behind east coast.

I apologize if this is off topic, but I couldn't find where else to put it.

Years back, there was a website about finding Natalee Holloway. I can't find it anywhere! The URL was short and had the word "Aruba" in it. The homepage showed a boat, sand, a contact number, etc. It had links and/or more pages about some eerie things in Aruba that could have been related to Natalee Holloway. If anyone knows where the website is would you please post it or PM me?

Thanks a bunch! :)

Cloud, I believe it was visitarubadotcom. I read it in the very first week of the Natalee Holloway case (I was aware of her disappearance before it made national news cause I lived in the same town and heard about it word of mouth). It seems they had a message board with some interesting information by locals (another girl posted who knew about Joran and his buddies) but after a couple of weeks the message board disappeared.

Nothing really new on Geraldo. I guess the Minister of Interior was dead serious about Peru's authorities not talking to the press without his consent. Nothing new has come out at all.

BBM

I think he must have his days mixed up on that one.

I clearly heard him say Monday. But I think he was confused. I think he meant Wednesday. He couldn't have possibly had that conversation on Monday.

Really, he was turning himself in without his luggage and without noting the location of his hotel so they could go back and get his belongings? Did he tell the cab driver to take him to the nearest police station? Haven't heard that. Joran will never admit to anything. He got away with Natalee. He got away with human trafficking. And he thinks he will get away with this. The Dutch have some nerve imho of objecting to his being paraded before the media, when by all reports that's how it works there, --looks like they want him to get special treatment. They had an opportunity to put him away years ago when he confessed on tape that Natalee could very well have been alive when he dumped her in the ocean. However, the Dutch forced Aruba to release him from detention (and pay him compensation for it no less) because he was stoned at the time he made the statements. Give me a break.

Fransch, what exactly is it about this post which the other poster was referring to that you find "quite offensive", at a loss here??

MOO: looks like he worked her>an error in judgment.

I think Peru is one hour behind east coast.

Yes LNL., I looked it up. It is 7:33pm here in PST right now and 9:33pm in Lima {or the same as CST in the USA. EST is 10:33 right now. xox

GRShow:

Roberto Blades: VDS talking in dirty terms about picking up girls; he engaged RB in conversation; VDS wanted to hang with him - spoke English; VDS and SR spent about 3 or 4 hours speaking, convinced her to go with him; VDS - not a heavy loss that night - about 300. dollars. Wasn't happy about it, but not too upset, just said that he should have left earlier (before loss).
Emphasized VDS desire for girl (implying sex).

I think this also makes it clear what JVDS motive was... it was sex. He is a sexual predator/murderer. That is not to say he didn't rob SF. But I think his main motivation is sex & when his advances are not welcomed by women he loses it.

So in Peru how is murder determined, anything like ours? 1st degree, manslaughter, etc.

I read on here a few days ago that some members thought Joran might have been set-up. I suppose it's possible but seems to be very unlikely at this time.

My question being, assuming there is no time lapse in the security camera by his room, is there an adjoining room to make it possible that someone could have entered his room? What floor was his room on? Could someone have entered through a balcony or a window?

This looks like a slam dunk case but this case must be proven. Is there any way he didn't do it?

I read on here a few days ago that some members thought Joran might have been set-up. I suppose it's possible but seems to be very unlikely at this time.

My question being, assuming there is no time lapse in the security camera by his room, is there an adjoining room to make it possible that someone could have entered his room? What floor was his room on? Could someone have entered through a balcony or a window?

This looks like a slam dunk case but this case must be proven. Is there any way he didn't do it?

I think this is a valid point. I know we have a picture of the bed, but we will need to go back and see if this hotel has a map layout of the entire room!

I too am not comfortable with this but the sarcastic part of me wants to say that he should have picked another country to commit his crime.

I watched as Joran was bought to the border and imagined how difficult it will be to get a fair trial in a country where the victim's father is so well connected. He is a gringo in a latin country and all sorts of gross speculation is circulating the media. First he stabbed her or he viciously beat her with a bat. By the time the real truth comes out it will be too late. It could have been an argument gone bad. But because of what happened with NH it's hard to give this guy a fair chance. As an American we want eveyone to have a fair trial even if they are creeps and predators. It doesn't look like this is going to happen for Joran.

I'm not saying JVDS is guilty (although I believe he is), but I'm wondering what is "a fair trial, even if they are creeps and predators". What does "fair" really mean when someone is guilty, that perhaps if the DA screws up or the jury is unbelievably biased then the perp walks free? Oh, then OJ def got a fair trial. Even if SF's death was accidental, JVDS walked away and left her there and that makes him guilty. I think we Americans are so worried about being "fair" that we've lost sight of justice.

So in Peru how is murder determined, anything like ours? 1st degree, manslaughter, etc.

No idea. I've been trying for two days to find out if they entertain the insanity defense, too. No luck figuring out either question so far.

I deleted my confused comment, could you delete your comment that quoted mine. I will upload the videos here so we can listen to what he was trying to say and what we all heard.

Sorry for the confusion with my date. :blushing:
Done! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members