Please Update George's Condition or New Developments Here

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I think also, bunnyphoenix1. I had also read somewhere (no link) that he was 'broke', IIRC. I read that early on.

I would like to know if L. King paid for the Anthony's air fare to California for the interview they gave the night before Caylee's remains were found. Probably so, but I wonder who contacted whom? Then George and Cindy were at the Ritz for that weekend when they got back. I know it was supposedly because of the search warrant for their house, but yet they went to the house to get the dogs. Once LE was done with the search warrant, they would have been free to be at their house.

My point is that the Anthony's have almost been treated as celebrities since the the day Casey was arrested. They have ridden in limos and been flown around the country for interviews. They have attended 'events' for Caylee and other missing children. Now all of this has come to a screeching halt since Caylee's remains were found. Are they all having trouble adjusting to remaining out of the spotlight? Has George been so busy during all of this time that he has had a problem readjusting to having nothing to do?

When the Anthony's world stopped being about interviews and planning the next move, George had plenty of time to think about all of it. Had he come to the realization that it was real after all? That his granddaughter was never coming back and that his daughter was indited for her murder? There had been so much speculation that an arrest might be in the making for he and Cindy, and maybe Lee. George is not stupid. He is ex-LE and knew that as much of the truth as possible would be uncovered? George had told Casey in a jail visit that the family could go into a protection program if they were being threatened, or something to that effect, IIRC.

Bottom line is that I am now beginning to wonder if George has asked for immunity to turn State's evidence. I think George created this opportunity and was never serious about committing suicide. When his world stopped being so busy, I think he realized that he needed to do the right thing and stop the pretending. We will see.

Excellent post & I agree and so hope you are right. The question mark still in my mind is the suicide note and the fact it's reported that he claimed Casey was innocent.

I assume BC hasn't seen him again either? I sure hope someone talks him into getting his own lawyer while he is in there. It will be interesting to watch BC over the next few days to see if he's still representing George.

Has there been any follow up about the evidence that the police took from the room? I've never heard it mentioned again since the initial reports. I wonder what he had with him that was of interest to LE?

Has there been any follow up about the evidence that the police took from the room? I've never heard it mentioned again since the initial reports. I wonder what he had with him that was of interest to LE?

I have not read anything about what it was in the motel room that was of interest to LE. Could it just have been the suicide note?

I just want to post this in this thread in case the A's do really read here. My thoughts and prayers are with George. Never ever should suicide be talked about as horribly and un-informed as I have seen it discussed in these "George suicide" threads. Every cry for help such as this should be taken seriously and I am very glad that LE felt the same way!

Get well, George... It may just change your entire life!

Hi, OneLostGirl! Missed seeing you here!

Of course every cry for help should be taken seriously, and this one was also. LE located George.

BUT, I was just speculating that George may have just not been serious on this one. I think George has wrestled with himself over wanting to do the right thing and seemingly turning his back on Casey if he did tell LE all he knows.

I hope that George is in Protective Custody if he is going to tell LE all he really knows about this horrific murder. George, of all involved in this thing, knows that LE and the FBI are not stupid and can usually find the truth. He was LE for 10 years. He had to have arrested quite a few people in these years. One thing ex-LE would do anything to avoid is JAIL and PRISON. I can see George turning State's evidence.

I would never want anyone to commit suicide, and would do anything in this world to help anyone that would even be considering it. It is a sad loss of life.

Hi, OneLostGirl! Missed seeing you here!

Of course every cry for help should be taken seriously, and this one was also. LE located George.

BUT, I was just speculating that George may have just not been serious on this one. I think George has wrestled with himself over wanting to do the right thing and seemingly turning his back on Casey if he did tell LE all he knows.

I hope that George is in Protective Custody if he is going to tell LE all he really knows about this horrific murder. George, of all involved in this thing, knows that LE and the FBI are not stupid and can usually find the truth. He was LE for 10 years. He had to have arrested quite a few people in these years. One thing ex-LE would do anything to avoid is JAIL and PRISON. I can see George turning State's evidence.

I would never want anyone to commit suicide, and would do anything in this world to help anyone that would even be considering it. It is a sad loss of life.

I don't know but to me George has been headed in this direction for some time now. I believe he has some morals and has been struggling with his lies and the things he knows about Caylee's death. This family's lies are eating him up inside. IMO.

I pray he finds the strength to do the right thing because if he doesn't I see another suicidal gesture in his future.

I have kept my thoughts on George to myself for a long time. I believe the man, over the years has been beaten down to the point that he no longer knows whom he is and what his purpose in life is for. He is only allowed to be what Cindy wants him to be. The only thing that gave him any sense of self worth was Caylee and now he no longer has that.

When reading the interviews that he did with LE I felt that he was being as honest as he knew how. I don’t know if he told the truth. I tend to believe that he did. His words were always very hesitant and he always offered an apology for how he felt. He wanted so much to be accepted and liked by those officers that had he not been there because of actions of his daughter he could have stayed for hours and hours just hanging out with the guys. You could tell that he was very proud to have once worked in LE and that he would have loved to be still doing so.
In the very beginning you didn't hear too much from George. It was all Cindy who was up in front of the camera. Something changed and I think it was the fact the Cindy found out he was telling LE what he knew and that was against her rules. George became two people. We were seeing old tapes with the one George while watching the new George on cameral. It was looking at Jackal and Hyde. He was one-way in those interviews and totally different when he was around Cindy.

The big hoopla at JB Park when LP was there with the divers was I first started to wonder about just how much Cindy controlled him. I had been watching live through Murt's cam and then later re-watched some of the news clips. Cindy was going off on reporters and everyone around her and George just stood there. On the one clip LP walks up to George and George immediate puts his hand out to shake. Cindy is off on the side fighting with someone. They smile at each other and walk away from the camera to talk. No getting in each other’s face. Just a calm conversation with each other. Cindy is not paying attention to what or whom George is talking to.
The interview with GVS was so odd. I have watched them a few times and I keep seeing little bits and pieces of things I did not notice before. Cindy is always in control of George.

I hope that this time away from Cindy, who in my opinion has been a major factor as to why George wanted to end his life, gets the help he needs to discover that he is not responsible for any ones else’s actions other than his own and he doesn't need to have Cindy to tell him how he feels, or how he should think or what do to or how to do it.

I know first hand what it is to live with someone like Cindy. They constantly try to make you do and feel how they want you to but at the same time accuse you of not doing anything for yourself. In the end you have very few choices.
Succumb and no longer be a separate person, commit suicide or walk away.

With the right help he can make the choice to take the stand and be a witness.. for Caylee. He can still love his daughter but reject her actions.

May an angle be out his side to help guide him through this.

I have kept my thoughts on George to myself for a long time. I believe the man, over the years has been beaten down to the point that he no longer knows whom he is and what his purpose in life is for. He is only allowed to be what Cindy wants him to be. The only thing that gave him any sense of self worth was Caylee and now he no longer has that.

When reading the interviews that he did with LE I felt that he was being as honest as he knew how. I don’t know if he told the truth. I tend to believe that he did. His words were always very hesitant and he always offered an apology for how he felt. He wanted so much to be accepted and liked by those officers that had he not been there because of actions of his daughter he could have stayed for hours and hours just hanging out with the guys. You could tell that he was very proud to have once worked in LE and that he would have loved to be still doing so.
In the very beginning you didn't hear too much from George. It was all Cindy who was up in front of the camera. Something changed and I think it was the fact the Cindy found out he was telling LE what he knew and that was against her rules. George became two people. We were seeing old tapes with the one George while watching the new George on cameral. It was looking at Jackal and Hyde. He was one-way in those interviews and totally different when he was around Cindy.

The big hoopla at JB Park when LP was there with the divers was I first started to wonder about just how much Cindy controlled him. I had been watching live through Murt's cam and then later re-watched some of the news clips. Cindy was going off on reporters and everyone around her and George just stood there. On the one clip LP walks up to George and George immediate puts his hand out to shake. Cindy is off on the side fighting with someone. They smile at each other and walk away from the camera to talk. No getting in each other’s face. Just a calm conversation with each other. Cindy is not paying attention to what or whom George is talking to.
The interview with GVS was so odd. I have watched them a few times and I keep seeing little bits and pieces of things I did not notice before. Cindy is always in control of George.

I hope that this time away from Cindy, who in my opinion has been a major factor as to why George wanted to end his life, gets the help he needs to discover that he is not responsible for any ones else’s actions other than his own and he doesn't need to have Cindy to tell him how he feels, or how he should think or what do to or how to do it.

I know first hand what it is to live with someone like Cindy. They constantly try to make you do and feel how they want you to but at the same time accuse you of not doing anything for yourself. In the end you have very few choices. Succumb and no longer be a separate person, commit suicide or walk away.

With the right help he can make the choice to take the stand and be a witness.. for Caylee. He can still love his daughter but reject her actions.

May an angle be out his side to help guide him through this.

Great post! I agree completely with your assessment of Cindy and George. Neither are hard to spot if you have had someone like them in your life. My first clue about Cindy's "issues" were during that first call Casey made from jail to home and Casey brought up her mothers "cameo", kinda annoyed with her and Cindy (with a smile in her voice) said something like "Which one? I've done several interviews". Like it made her feel all that more powerful over Casey.

I don't know but to me George has been headed in this direction for some time now. I believe he has some morals and has been struggling with his lies and the things he knows about Caylee's death. This family's lies are eating him up inside. IMO.

I pray he finds the strength to do the right thing because if he doesn't I see another suicidal gesture in his future.
i agree i believe he truely loves caylee and i think ga will do what is right .. i just hope and pray he will be ok .. i hope he has the strength to do what is right for his caylee

I just want to post this in this thread in case the A's do really read here. My thoughts and prayers are with George. Never ever should suicide be talked about as horribly and un-informed as I have seen it discussed in these "George suicide" threads. Every cry for help such as this should be taken seriously and I am very glad that LE felt the same way!

Beautifully put, OLG. :)

I agree. I think the best thing he can do for himself is get his own lawyer and spent time away from his household. I think it's a good thing CA hasn't visited since the first day. Can you imagine the venom she may have spewed? Even their attorney said she way "angry".

His own attorney, a long stay in the hospital or a 'neutral place', and state's evidence are the best things he can do for himself and for Caylee.

shadow of my mind, your assessment is on the money. I had a family member like that and she was difficult to live with. I see a lot of her in Cindy.

Seems to me that George thinks it would be easier to die than to get his butt out there and get a job. Life goes on and bills need to be paid to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table, but George thinks Cindy would be better off if he was dead....and I agree with him....because then she'd be able to collect his SS which would help pay the bills to live which he is not willing to do.

Many here see George as this upstanding guy and Cindy as a witch, but I see that George would have long ago ended his life if he didn't have Cindy to leach off of and to take care of him. George knows he's been a terrible husband and father, but instead of making it better, he desired to take the easiest way out for himself. If I was Cindy, I'd not go see him either because I would hate his guts for doing this. He's a weakling and has always been a weakling!

I think GA is a person who was meant to be a cop and CA stopped him. He is intuitive and has an investigator's mind. He knows the logic of what is before him, but CA thinks she is smarter because she has more formal education. So she has, at once, encouraged him to attain higher goals, but was waiting with venom for any failure. She has diminished in him what he was good at, and offered him nothing in return but critisim for not being more.

The man worked almost 11 years in LE. He obviously enjoyed his career. No one spends 11 years doing something they hate. One of them was too concerned with MONEY and I think it was CA. And I believe that she was the cause of his downfall in life. I think he was a good person before her.

The Plaseas (or whatever their name is) seem to be gossipy, rumor driven, drama laden, competetive. one-upmen little group.

The Anthony family is off the radar completely.

What is "Anthony"? Is this Greek? Italian?

I totally agree - I've always thought it would be great if we were all given a wonderful "shrink" at birth to help us thru our lives and turmoils, to understand our own actions/thoughts as well as others. And I hope thru George getting help, it will lead to the whole family getting help with what they are dealing with also.

OneLostGirl,
I have not read through everything on this thread,but I agree with you. I only wish we had some warning before our son committed suicide.
Anyone in George's position would be deeply grieving and in excruciating pain.
I suspect the only reason he didn't complete the action is because he knew he would be making it harder on Cindy and Lee.

Seems to me that George thinks it would be easier to die than to get his butt out there and get a job. Life goes on and bills need to be paid to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table, but George thinks Cindy would be better off if he was dead....and I agree with him....because then she'd be able to collect his SS which would help pay the bills to live which he is not willing to do.

Many here see George as this upstanding guy and Cindy as a witch, but I see that George would have long ago ended his life if he didn't have Cindy to leach off of and to take care of him. George knows he's been a terrible husband and father, but instead of making it better, he desired to take the easiest way out for himself. If I was Cindy, I'd not go see him either because I would hate his guts for doing this. He's a weakling and has always been a weakling!

Respectfully,
George could very well be suffering from chronic depression. This could be the reason he can't hold a job. It's not being weak.There is a chemical imbalance in the brain and it rules your life,just like multiple sclerosis or diabetes.The difference is the STIGMA and NAME CALLING attached to it ,which keeps people from getting help.They also consider it a weakness or flaw.I repeat:It keeps people from getting help. Once you experience it you understand the hold true chronic depression has and you no longer JUDGE people as weak or lazy.
I try to be as open as I can about my child's suicide to fight the stigma.My son was awesome,but he didn't believe it.I am upfront about my resulting depression and medication for the same reason. The strongest,brightest,most productive people in the world can be stopped in their tracks by chronic depression.

This is what I think also, bunnyphoenix1. I had also read somewhere (no link) that he was 'broke', IIRC. I read that early on.

I would like to know if L. King paid for the Anthony's air fare to California for the interview they gave the night before Caylee's remains were found. Probably so, but I wonder who contacted whom? Then George and Cindy were at the Ritz for that weekend when they got back. I know it was supposedly because of the search warrant for their house, but yet they went to the house to get the dogs. Once LE was done with the search warrant, they would have been free to be at their house.

My point is that the Anthony's have almost been treated as celebrities since the the day Casey was arrested. They have ridden in limos and been flown around the country for interviews. They have attended 'events' for Caylee and other missing children. Now all of this has come to a screeching halt since Caylee's remains were found. Are they all having trouble adjusting to remaining out of the spotlight? Has George been so busy during all of this time that he has had a problem readjusting to having nothing to do?

When the Anthony's world stopped being about interviews and planning the next move, George had plenty of time to think about all of it. Had he come to the realization that it was real after all? That his granddaughter was never coming back and that his daughter was indited for her murder? There had been so much speculation that an arrest might be in the making for he and Cindy, and maybe Lee. George is not stupid. He is ex-LE and knew that as much of the truth as possible would be uncovered? George had told Casey in a jail visit that the family could go into a protection program if they were being threatened, or something to that effect, IIRC.

Bottom line is that I am now beginning to wonder if George has asked for immunity to turn State's evidence. I think George created this opportunity and was never serious about committing suicide. When his world stopped being so busy, I think he realized that he needed to do the right thing and stop the pretending. We will see.

I hope you are correct. Someone in that family needs to step up and do the right thing and I'm pretty certain it won't be CA.

I think GA is a person who was meant to be a cop and CA stopped him. He is intuitive and has an investigator's mind. He knows the logic of what is before him, but CA thinks she is smarter because she has more formal education. So she has, at once, encouraged him to attain higher goals, but was waiting with venom for any failure. She has diminished in him what he was good at, and offered him nothing in return but critisim for not being more.

The man worked almost 11 years in LE. He obviously enjoyed his career. No one spends 11 years doing something they hate. One of them was too concerned with MONEY and I think it was CA. And I believe that she was the cause of his downfall in life. I think he was a good person before her.

The Plaseas (or whatever their name is) seem to be gossipy, rumor driven, drama laden, competetive. one-upmen little group.

The Anthony family is off the radar completely.

What is "Anthony"? Is this Greek? Italian?

I think you are right about George.

God bless you George and please hang in there. You are one of God's children and you are cherished and very much loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member