Police Flyer #2 - Did you have any visitors on June 4, 2020?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I keep thinking ... based on LE's indication that they have tons of evidence ... based on the plethora of cell phones - bat and otherwise ... based on the fact that they used this flyer technique once before and must have found it helpful to use the technique again ... that ...

LE knows why they targeted the area they targeted in this survey, and believes these two were together that day in this area.

Do they have evidence from the area and are looking to narrow down searching?

Do they already have witnesses & are they looking for more potential witnesses?

... or ...

Are they simply pressuring Dede?

To paraphrase Cap'n Gates: "I am not going to talk about Terri Horman today."

Hmmm. The search happened prior to the flier. I wonder if the search produced some incriminating evidence in certain areas or on certain properties and they are trying to corroborate it with witnesses.

Hmmm. The search happened prior to the flier. I wonder if the search produced some incriminating evidence in certain areas or on certain properties and they are trying to corroborate it with witnesses.

I was just wondering that Surfie! LOL. The search was last weekend. Did we learn for sure when the flyer went out? We learned about the flyer ... Monday, I think... Which likely means, the press became aware of it over the weekend, which likely means ... residents got the flyer on or before last weekend?

I don't know if we know, so I'm just throwing the question out there...as to WHEN the flyers were sent to the "area" residents.

I was just wondering that Surfie! LOL. The search was last weekend. Did we learn for sure when the flyer went out? We learned about the flyer ... Monday, I think... Which likely means, the press became aware of it over the weekend, which likely means ... residents got the flyer on or before last weekend?

I don't know if we know, so I'm just throwing the question out there...as to
WHEN the flyers were sent to the "area" residents.

This statement is on the bottom of the flier/flyer (how is that spelled anyway?) that you linked to.

"the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office began circulating this flyer in August 9th, 2010 to the residents around the area where Kyron Horman went missing in Portland, Oregon."

This statement is on the bottom of the flier/flyer (how is that spelled anyway?) that you linked to.

"the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office began circulating this flyer in August 9th, 2010 to the residents around the area where Kyron Horman went missing in Portland, Oregon."

oh my. :blushing: Funny how I missed that.
thanks Surfie. Would you like to come with me to the eye doctor? :rolling:

Okay so, search last weekend, and flyer after search on Monday. Very Interesting. Hmmm... I wonder if Dede is cooperating, thus they went searching, and now they are looking for witnesses to support Dede's story & timing?

Or...is it just the opposite?

oh my. :blushing: Funny how I missed that.
thanks Surfie. Would you like to come with me to the eye doctor? :rolling:

LOL. Don't feel bad. I just now stumbled upon it. I was initially looking to see if they dated the flyer, then thought to look to see when it was up loaded onto the site, and then there it was in all of it's glory. :crazy:

#5 is if you had any visitors, not who.

I bet if you don't say who, or what type person (e.g. pizza delivery guy), in #6, you will get a call or visit from LE. Or you might get a call or visit even if you do put who or what type person in #6.

I know. if you had a visitor they ask that you "take a moment now to expand on that with details"

Since LE didn't say what kind of details they are interested in, it leaves it up to the homeowner to use their interpretation on what "details" means to them. two people at the same house can give very different answers and both be correct.

I keep thinking ... based on LE's indication that they have tons of evidence ... based on the plethora of cell phones - bat and otherwise ... based on the fact that they used this flyer technique once before and must have found it helpful to use the technique again ... that ...

Has LE actually stated that they have tons of evidence? Or you mean you think so because of the plethora of cell phones etc?

Has LE actually stated that they have tons of evidence? Or you mean you think so because of the plethora of cell phones etc?

IIRC, they said that in latest presser. The investigation has yielded tons of evidence - also said the investigation has be very productive - (paraphrasing) didn't say what sort of evidence, or about which part of the case(s).

And yes to the 2nd part - I was thinking there would be cell evidence that day between Terri/Dede and LE would have examined that by now...

IIRC, they said that in latest presser. The investigation has yielded tons of evidence - also said the investigation has be very productive - (paraphrasing) didn't say what sort of evidence, or about which part of the case(s).

And yes to the 2nd part - I was thinking there would be cell evidence that day between Terri/Dede and LE would have examined that by now...

Ah okay. Just listened. It's in the Q&A, when a reporter asks Gates if they have video of Terri in the FM parking lot. He says they are examining a ton of evidence.

I wonder why DeDe's attorney isn't screaming bloody murder about this flyer. I would be outraged if my client was home all day as he stated previously and LE was putting this stuff out. That said, for defamation purposes LE must have a reasonable good faith belief that Terri and DeDe were in the area during that time period. No way would the city attorney or county counsel let them put any of these fliers out there unless that were the case.

Huh? I thought he said her phone was at her home all day, which is why she didn't answer it when called. The only place I ever saw a claim of her attorney saying she was home all day was here at WS, but I don't read too many other forums so maybe someone else did say it. Is there a news story with that statement in it?

So far behind ...
About this new specific flyer, as I read the question about "visitor" my first reaction was if I had "company" that day -- like grandparents possibly visiting for the science fair . (My folks would've have done this if they lived close by, within driving distance of a few hours.) Then I thought about where we live NOW, a condo community where a random delivery person would be noticed; but I doubt even my nosy neighbors would remember last June. But then again I have never referred to someone like the cable guy as a visitor.

So by using the word "visitor" in the questionnaire, it sort of leaves the answer open to interpretation of the responder IMO. Like is our son a "visitor" to our home just because he doesn't live here anymore? Well, he sure doesn't ask like any other "visitor" we have =)

Before we lived in the condo, our den was at the front of the house as was the computer room/office, so I could basically tell you everyone's schedule. Not because I'm nosy but after 10+ years, everyone is so predictable. The school bus schedules are basically the same; the parents who drive their children to school; the parents who walk their kids to the bus stop and back; the time the mail arrived (he had Wed and Sun off); the lady across the street who lied to me about her work hours (part-time vs full-time) -- wondering why she would do something so obvious; the people next door's daughter trying to commit suicide twice by overdosing (overheard first responders' comments -- quiet neighborhood and open windows); the list could go on and on.

If I were given this questionnaire, I would absolutely have to check my planner and journal. So I did. Maybe it might be different if I lived in the area, but still .... I write almost everything down. The phone rings, I pick up my notebook and something to write with. But that's just my practice from back in the day; old habits are hard to break. Honestly, I know my neighbor has had company this week, a white sedan and a small (blue maybe) SUV, but if you showed me pictures, I wouldn't be able to pick either out. (But they have been playing a lot of tunes from like the late 40's lately, in the garage, with the garage door open, and a huge rule-breaker in this community. I don't know the tunes but would know if I heard them again.)

I'm beginning to think this last LE questionnaire is more to add weight to what they already have and/or know. At this point and after all this time, it must be, right?

As always, JMO and musings.

Ah okay. Just listened. It's in the Q&A, when a reporter asks Gates if they have video of Terri in the FM parking lot. He says they are examining a ton of evidence.

oh thank you BeanE!

So the TON of evidence is specifically about the parking lot - is that the gist you got from it?

I took it as ton of evidence overall, but I'm not sure why I took it that way, I'd have to re-listen.

Thanks so much for listening again & again for us.

I took it to mean a ton of evidence overall - because he seemed to be deflecting a direct answer to that question.

I know. if you had a visitor they ask that you "take a moment now to expand on that with details"

Since LE didn't say what kind of details they are interested in, it leaves it up to the homeowner to use their interpretation on what "details" means to them. two people at the same house can give very different answers and both be correct.

Jeez Louise.

That's what I mean. I guess they want to know who was at your home that doesn't always live there. Not being hard to get along with, but because in my last job (h/care) EVERYTHING depended on documentation, I just know I would have either: (1) written down every single thing (probably phone calls knowing me) or (2) called sounding all stupid and asked "define visitor". (Like my son ran by after work to pick up xyz, is that what you mean?) Yes, I am OCD sometimes and yes that would be in my planner or journal just because.

Thanks for the clarification, I think. :waitasec: (Back to reading now)

oh thank you BeanE!

So the TON of evidence is specifically about the parking lot - is that the gist you got from it?

I took it as ton of evidence overall, but I'm not sure why I took it that way, I'd have to re-listen.

Thanks so much for listening again & again for us.

No not a ton about the parking lot. He was in avoidance mode. Avoiding the video question. In the vein of 'we're going through a ton of evidence but I'm not going to say specifically what we're looking at or if we have video'.

I meant to note the time on that. It was somewhere around the 14 minute mark I think. Sorry. I forgot to note it this time.

I wonder if the question about visitors has to do with searching for a specific family as per "Roger" in this news story on July 13th. LE were focusing on people near Skyline school who had pickup trucks. Roger was asked if he was a certain family and that LE had a tip and was looking for this family. The video shows the road sign for Plainview Rd with a dead end sign attached beneath it, FWIW.
http://www.kptv.com/news/24248542/detail.html#

Yeah it seems like Sauvie Island has fell off of the radar.

I asked my husband about why a cell would ping there and how close could it triangulate a position. We used the Columbia River and Crescent Bar as an example (I live near where Mackenzie Cowell was found).

It pings off the 3 closest towers, so if one or two were on Sauvie Island and the 3rd closest was on the main land side, it would make sense. Her position could be triangulated down pretty close, and definitely close enough to determine what side of the water she/the phone was on.

*I haven't been verified, and my husband is law enforcement, but take it with a grain of sand.

There have been a number of typos in this case. On the MCSO website, the first mention of Kyron on the page dedicated to his case still lists his last name as Hormon.

Clownish, this is the kind of stuff that undermines their image; and, worse, they do not go back and correct errors. Helps the defense.

What I think I have learned from this thread is that LE is looking to ID a 3rd person (not Dede, not Terri) IMO. Unfortunately, LE’s timing was poor in asking for help about identifying this 3rd person. :doh: Everyone was distracted by the Dede Flyer.

Many are thinking LE expects folks who saw Dede at school to come forward - the "person" associated with Kaine Horman's truck at school that day.

I thought so, until today.

It’s taken me the whole weekend to think this out to this point because I'm slower than molasses, but I'm also sticky like molasses when something's bugging me...

The Dede flyer was meant for a specific residential neighborhood. Dede flyer was not intended to be subject of presser. The Dede flyer is not distributed to the Skyline community (as was the Terri flyer). Separately, and from specific area residents, they are looking for witnesses to Dede & Terri being together near Dede's place of work that day, to support the portion of the timeline that, IMO, Dede is providing.

I am theorizing that LE believes another person is involved in the disappearance of Kyron. This person is the perp/kidnapper/abductor. They were at the school and/or Fred Meyer. LE is trying to identify this person. Terri could identify him (as she hired him) but she won't because he's a killer. Or, perhaps she can’t identify him because there was a go-between she used to set it up.

I think Terri had something to do at approximately 10 AM after establishing FM alibis. The dilly-dallying at FM and the refusal by LE to accept her toddler-soothing driving excuse make me think they already know what Terri was doing between 10 and the gym.

I think she'd arranged, perhaps somewhat last minute, for Dede to do her the favor of watching the baby. I think whatever she was doing was a secret of some sort, and she traveled to do it. Dede believed she knew where Terri was going. I'm guessing the secret might = affair. Why would Dede help out? Ask Dede. She’d probably done it before. Dede knew what Terri was up to that hour. And Dede knew Terri wasn’t with Kyron. This is why Dede was sure for so long that she was doing the right thing standing by Terri.

Why on this day of all days would Dede need a sex fix followed by a gym fix?

Indeed. That is the question. And perhaps there in lies some of the answer.

IMO, LE knows what Terri was doing before her gym time. Or they know what she wasn't doing. She wasn't driving the baby because the baby was with Dede. The object of her desire either contacted LE himself, or Dede gave him up. And, it's possible Dede gave him up and he said "ummm...no, not that day, not that time".

Naturally, I reserve the right to change my thinking tomorrow. ;)

Now, carry on and call me crazy, it's okay with me! :crazy:

One thing I have to say after what is it close to 10 weeks now......the police MUST be really sure that Terri has done this......because as I see it if they werent sure they are taking such a huge risk putting out fliers with Terri and Dede's names on it....arent they??? I am not legally minded at all but am assuming that their attorneys could jump all over this and sue big time......I just really (in my small amount of time of websleuths) havent seen a case like this where they are announcing to the world who they think has committed a crime, without naming them a suspect.....I am sure the rest of you have, have you???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back