Police say parents are not answering vital questions #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was kind of neglectful. ANY TIME a baby under the age of one has a cough and sniffles and a 'cold'--they are at risk of something else happening, and sometimes quickly. Fevers come out of nowhere, excessive phlegm can make an infant choke, acute rashes can come on suddenly. And these things look like just a common cold. But infants are very susceptible to sudden onsets of asthma or other respiratory problems when they seemingly just have a cold. I think that when a very young child is sick that the mom should be extra attentive. And it is not the time to drink 5 to 10 glasses of wine out on the front stoop, imo.

I guess it depends on how healthy the child is. My baby never went to the doctor except for routine checkups. She never took antibiotics or even Dimetap for the first 5 years. But she was also not in daycare, so she didn't get exposed to a lot. When she was sick, I let her sleep as much as she would, and let the cold work it's way through. She is now college-aged and has never been "sick" in her life (knock on wood). Colds yes, but she has such a strong immune system that they come and go fast.

Again, I don't know what Debbie did, but I can't begin to guess what people would say about ME if anything had ever happened to my kid, since my methods are totally different than a lot of other people's.

That's why I can't believe her (DB.) She's not remembering that night when she's telling her story of the events IMO. She's telling what she usually does. When a person is telling you about a night from memory, they include details and/or direct statements. DB doesn't do that. She tells it in such an odd way.

When the reporter asks about her last moments with Lisa, DB says:

DB: “Just change her, you know, put fresh clothes on her, and get her ready for bed, and gave her her bottle, and made sure her binky was in her crib in case she needed it, and she sleeps with her Barney, and she sleeps with her GloWorm and her blanket and that was, that was it.”

BBM: Just change her? Who says that? She doesn't say "I" changed her. She doesn't say "I" at all actually. Then she tells us how Lisa usually sleeps, not what happened that night. She is telling us something other than what really went down that night IMO. :snooty:

http://www.kmbc.com/r/29404237/detail.html10/6/2011 Interview with DB and JI from KMBC.

As much as I am on the fence about this case, that actually makes me wonder. It did sound weird, but then again - she is not apparently very well educated, and the speech patterns could well simply reflect that. I also wonder what medication she was on - which could also affect her speech abilities. My impression of both parents in the first weeks is that they seemed rather drugged. JI seemed like a zombie almost.

I do agree that this interview sounds as if she is describing "how" she puts Lisa to bed, and if she is guilty, it would be a (small) piece of circumstantial evidence, but it's nowhere near strong enough to pull me off the fence.

Sorry, this is a bit OT but I went through not_my_kids transcriptions and as far as I can tell this dropping the pronouns thing is not a regular speech pattern to her. She does a lot of ums and uhs and starts a sentence, stops and starts over but usually she keeps the pronouns. She leaves out the first person singular pronoun and the third person pronoun in a couple of other places that I've marked in color but they're responses to questions that include the pronoun and I don't think it's quite the same as leaving out the pronoun in a narrative that is not a direct reply to a question containing the same language.

I also marked the places that I could find in which she talks about a specific past incident in present tense (as opposed to things that generally happen) and there weren't many.

DB: “We just want our baby back. Please, bring her home. Our two other boys are waiting for her, please, just drop her off anywhere. We don’t care, just somewhere safe so she can come home, please.”

DB: “ [first few words are inaudible] …no questions asked, just drop her off with somebody, at a hospital, a church, the fire department, the police station, anywhere. Just please bring her home.”

DB: “Um, she’s, she’s everything. She’s our little girl, she’s the center of our family and she’s, she means everything to my boys, and we, we c, we need her home. I can’t, I can’t be without her.”

DB: “Um, um, I, the, I just try to tell them that we’re gonna stay strong, we’re a family, we’re gonna pray, and, uh, she’s gonna come home. That we have to be strong for her.”

DB: “No. No. It’s like they just walked in and just g, just disappeared.”

DB: “They were on the counter in the kitchen. And there was, uh, whenever we, we woke up, I woke up, and he came home and I was, and he said, ‘She’s not in her crib” and I said, “What do you mean she’s not in the crib?’. And I just knew, you know, something was really wrong. We’re running around the house and we’re screaming for her, and she was nowhere, and then I said, “Call 911, call 911,” and he said, “Where are the phones?’ And they weren’t on the counter where I left them, they were gone.”

DB: “It’s actually the computer room where, it’s an extra living room.”

DB: “Uh, uh, I’ve had a couple hours, but, um, not much. I mean, I close my eyes and I see her. I can’t… But I mean, we’re just trying to hold it together for, for our boys and for her. Just, you know, stay strong for her, so that we can try to think of anything, or anyone, or, any reason that this might have happened, and we still haven’t, but…”

DB: “Yeah, um, three, three were taken. Um, 1 wasn’t even working, and it was sitting up there next to the other ones, I was reprogramming, I mean, all the numbers and all three of them were gone.”

DB: “We didn’t, we didn’t look, but, I don’t think so.”

DB: “I mean, we called the cops, we ran outside, we waited for them, and you know, he was looking around outside, and I was just, you know, just holding my boys and they were crying and asking ‘What’s going on?’, ‘Where’s she at, why is she gone?’ and I mean , you know, and, the police came and I waved them down, I mean, I didn’t even check to, around the house. I didn’t think to care about any of that, I still don’t.”

DB: “Just change her, you know, put fresh clothes on her, and get her ready for bed, and gave her her bottle, and made sure her binky was in her crib in case she needed it, and she sleeps with her Barney, and she sleeps with her GloWorm and her blanket and that was, that was it.”

DB: “I’m terrified, but I’m trying to be hopeful.”

DB: “I know everybody loves her. I mean, I go to the store and everybody says she’s beautiful, you know, and you, she likes everybody, she’s really playful and she’s, uh, really sweet, and, um, she’ll go to almost anyone. I mean, so I, I mean, anything beyond that, no.”

DB: “Well, yeah, she was sleeping and you, I mean…” [talking over JI]

DB: “Sometimes she cries, it depends on how, how long of sleep she’s had, but, I mean, if you pick her up and you cuddle with her, she probably won’t cry.”

DB: “From, from the start, they’ve um, when I first, um, when they first questioned me, it, once I, uh, I couldn’t fill in gaps, it turned into, um, you did it, and the, uh, they, uh, they put the picture down of her on the table, and they said, um, ‘Look at your baby,” and, um, ‘Do what’s right for her,” and just tell everybody where she is so she can come home and I kept saying I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know. And it, I, I, 11 hours of it, and I, I just sat there, and I mean, I don’t, I didn’t even ask to leave. I, I didn’t ask for it stop. I wanted it to, but I, I didn’t ask. I just let them keep asking questions until they were done.”

DB: “Yeah. Yeah, um, yesterday we went in, or we um, we called, um, someone and told them we, we, we have more, um, suspects. It seemed like they were, um, gonna talk to us in the car, and then they separated us. We don’t want anybody to feel like we, um, we were angry or, or, ungrateful. Um, we, we appreciate everything that everybody has done to try to bring her home, and uh, that’s our main goal. I don’t, I don’t care what they’ve done to me, I don’t care what they say about me, I don’t care what anybody says about me. I just want her to come home. Our, our focus is Lisa, is our Lisa coming home to be with us where she belongs. And whatever I have to do to get her home, we’ll do it.”

DB: “We b, we do, we want, we cannot stress enough to thank the Kansas City Police Department, because, um, you know, this, this is their job, this is, this is part of the process, and we appreciate everything they’ve done and, and all, all the volunteers and search and rescue and everybody that’s…I mean, we’ve got strangers making up Facebooks in her name and, and, you know, uh, and the FBI has, has done everything and, um, we, we, we, um, if, we’ve, we forgot anyone, we’re sorry, but, um, it’s hard to remember everything right now, but, we really appreciate everything everyone has done and we just, we just want to bring Lisa home.”

DB: “That’s the worst part, is we don’t, we don’t have a clue.”

DB: “They, uh, they were doing alright for a little while, uh,they, they cried a little bit. Um, when we, we first noticed she was gone, um, they were crying and asking where she was, and, um, my 8 year old, who’s usually really strong, he, he kinda fell apart, and, where’s, we call her, uh, we call her Pumpkin Pie, and he said, ‘Where’s, where is, Pumpkin Pie, Mom?” And I, I couldn’t tell him.”

DB: “Please, she has a family that loves her very much, and just take her somewhere safe. Take her to a church, a hospital, a fire department, just drop her off with somebody and then leave, no questions asked. We just want our baby back.”

DB: “Me and my neighbor were out front talking, and the boys were in, and Maria, um, she has a four year old daughter, were in the, in their bedroom with them, and they have a tv in there, bunk beds and stuff. They were, they were watching, uh, some sort of fairy tale movie, and, um, I mean, everything was, everything f, uh, was uh, pretty normal. I mean, he, uh, Jeremy never works nights, and never works overnight certainly, so…”

DB: “Yeah. I put the boys to bed and then I a, I went to sleep.”

DB: “I turned them all off.”

DB: “Uh, I don’t remember. Typically, I lock it, um, I mean, I left the, the computer room window open, and…”

DB: “And, uh, when he came in it was up, and when he tried to shut the window, cause we, we almost never, except for maybe our bedroom which is, uh, really far off the ground and maybe, um, twice, or every once in a while, we’ll leave the boys’ window cracked so they, um, for them, so they don’t get hot in the summer, but, um, he knew that, you know, that I mean, I’m sure there’s been a couple times that we’ve left it open, but it’s not enough to where you walk by it and it’s a normal thing at four, four o clock in the morning.”

DB: “Him coming in the bedroom, um, I didn’t know what time it was until he, he later on had said it, because we didn’t, I didn’t check, but he came in and he said, um, you know, why are all the lights on, um, you know, why is the, uh, the screen popped out of the window? Part of the corner of it was popped out, or something and, um, and I s, um, I, I got up, ‘I don’t, I don’t know what you’re talking about,’ um, and, um, my son was sleeping with me, and, um, you know, sometimes I, I like to, right, my kids have always, when they’re younger, little, slept in bed with me. So, I like to do that when I can. And, um, he asked why, why M'''''' was there, and I just, you know, he’s just sleeping next to me, and, um, I guess, with everything he was saying out loud to me, you know, he thought, you know, wait a minute, Lisa’s bedroom door’s open, and we always, we always close it when she goes to sleep at night and he run back and checked and said, he came in the room and he said, ‘Where’s Lisa, where’s she at?’ and I said, ‘She, she’s in her crib. What do you?’ You know, and he’s said, ‘She’s not there,’ and we just got up and started screaming for her and looking everywhere and she wasn’t there.”

DB: “She’s only eleven months old, eleven. Her birthday’s next month.”

DB: “Um, uh, when I went down to the command center, I had a list of people, and right before I, I a, while I was making the list, I heard that they were searching another area, and it, it wasn’t houses, and I, I panicked, and I was freaking out and we went down there and we were asking them is there anything going on, what was happening, um, um, you know, it’s, we have, we have a list of pe, of names, but why is everybody, why is everybody down there looking in this area, what, what’s going on?...”

DB: “They just said that, you, uh, you, you failed the test. Cause I asked them, you know, I said, how did I do, what’s…And he says, um, you failed. And, I’m like, that’s not possible. What do you, what do you mean I failed? And you failed, you, you killed her, you know where she’s at, and, I mean, um, I’ve, I heard, I heard it, um, Tuesday too, and I mean, it’s not the first…”

DB: “How are you supposed to react when somebody tells you something like that and you know it’s not true? You…”

DB: “I don’t know.”

DB: “Nothing that we, we heard about it, but nothing that we know of so far, I mean, we haven’t heard anything.”

DB: “That is, that’s one, you know, when I started to have thoughts, that was one of the thoughts that went through my head, was, I mean, I, the drug store, the grocery store, I mean, uh, Target, we go to get things, you know, for the house and her, and I mean, every, everybody stops me and, ‘She’s beautiful’, and she’s…she loves everybody and she’s really friendly and she’ll go to anyone, and she…”

DB: “I’ve no, I spend a lot of time outside, and I’m always bringing her out and I’m, you know, I lay a blanket out and we’ll play on it or I’ll bring a toy out for her or she’s outside with the boys, and me and my neighbor sit out side a lot and hang out with the kids, and I mean, people walk by, but, and they drive by, but, I mean. That’s the last thing you think. I mean, you don’t, you never think people are, people are watching you. I mean, or planning anything, you know, you don’t, I mean, it’s a possibility.”

DB: “Well, I’m the, I was the last one with her, and from judging on how the questioning went that’s kind of fear that I have. [being arrested for Lisa’s disappearance.] And the main fear with that is, if they arrest me, people are gonna stop looking for her. And then I’ll never see her again. And I’ll never know what happened.”

DB: “Terrible, because y, my daughter is missing, the last thing that I want to have to worry about is something like that. I shouldn’t have to put any energy, any time or effort into anything but finding her.”

DB: “No. No. No. And if I thought there was any chance, I’d say it. No. No. I don’t think that alcohol changes a person enough to do something like that.”

DB: “Yeah, but they must have been doing it much quieter than the police were.”

DB: “They said that I failed when they asked me where she was.”

DB: “They said they heard noises, but I don’t know if that was before, um, or after we went to sleep. I have not sat down and talked to them specifically to not have to put them through anything else.”

DB: “She needs her family. We need her. We’re losing, um, more sanity as each day progresses.”

DB: “He said, ‘You failed,’ And I said, ‘Failed what? What question did I fail?’ And they, he said, ‘You failed the one where you know where your daughter’s at.’ And I said, ‘That’s not possible. I don’t know where she’s at.’ And I just proceeded to come unglued. That’s not possible, freaking out, telling them no, and he looked in my face, and he said, ‘I’ve met bad mothers like you.’ And proceeded to say something, probably along the lines of I need to tell the truth or…It’s hard to hear that, but if it means I have to go through all this to get her back, I don’t care. “

DB: “I don’t know. They’d be wrong.”

DB: “It doesn’t explain anything, cause I had nothing to do with anything.”

DB: “I was drinking, but it has nothing to do with my daughter’s disappearance. “

DB: “During interrogation, ‘We found this.’ They showed me burnt clothes, they showed me a f, a doppler thing with pings from a, that my cell phones and, um, I’m led to believe at this point that none of that was real. I hope the burnt clothes weren’t real. “

DB: “Because I know I have absolutely nothing to do with my daughter’s disappearance. You know, I still understand it, they’re doing their job, but they’re not, it’s not personal, but it, it doesn’t make me feel any better about it.”

DB: “Oh, we’re gonna find her. I have no doubt in my mind, we’re gonna find her.”

DB: “I just know. Cause there’s still a God.”

DB: “I had, uh, I had several. Several glasses of wine.”

DB: “Yeah. But that has nothing to do with her. “

DB: “Yeah, just wine. Just wine. Lisa was in bed and the boys were laying down watching a movie with the neighbors daughter.

DB: “No. I don’t think so.”

DB: “Oh, I’m sure they are…She was sleeping. You know, I don’t see the problem in me having my grown up time. I take good care of my kids. I keep my house clean. I do their laundry. I kiss their boo-boos. I, I fix them food. I am involved in their school stuff. I mean, to me, there’s nothing wrong with me doing what I want to do, after dark. As soon as I’m done drinking, I go right to bed.”

DB: “Right. Which is why I don’t do it till my kids are in bed.”

DB: “I don’t think so, no.

DB: “It could , it’s a possibility. I mean, just like anybody else, when you drink, you don’t remember the things that happened, and stuff like that but, um, yeah, it’s a possibility. But, it, once again, has nothing to do with my daughter.”

DB: “I go to sleep every single time and everybody knows me. Any time I drink anything, I, I’ve actually had get-togethers with family, over at the house, and everybody will be drinking and hanging out, playing pool and stuff, and, um, I will, once I’ve had enough to drink, I just get really tired. I go right upstairs and right down, I don’t even say bye to people.”

DB: “No, I take anxiety medication, I mean, but it’s not narcotic, no.”

DB: “Yeah, I take it every morning.

DB: “Probably went right to my room.”

BD: “Because, um, sometimes, I check on her. Well, most of the time, I check on her. And then the boys, their room is right next to each other. And I sneak in and make sure, you know. And the boys had been awake, and I had went, um, in there, and told them they could come sleep in my bed. And, um, so, I’m assuming that I went and checked on her too, but, I don’t really know.”

DB: “Yeah. Yeah. But there’s no way that anybody could have got in.”

DB: “Right. When I put her down, yeah.”

DB: “I checked the pictures later, it was off the track.”

DB: “Oh, it’s so easy to hear the story and say, oh she drank, or, oh she. It’s so easy to say those things, but I know I didn’t do anything. He didn’t do anything. So, there’s a bad guy out there, with my baby. Right now. And those people that are judging me, please just look for her. “

DB: “Yes. Why else, why else would you take a, a, a ten month old baby?”

DB: “Because we won’t let them interview our children. Maybe. I mean, they’ve already done…”

DB: “My kids would know nothing.”

DB: “’You did it,’ ‘Where is, where’s she at?’ You know, stuff like that. I can’t really get into that. I don’t wanna affect the investigation, it’s not about clearing my name. “

DB: “That’s what 911 is for. That’s the only answer I have for that. All the ideas that people have on what me or him might have done, or, it’s just sick.”

DB: “Do I know where she’s at?”

DB: “That’s not possible. I have absolutely no idea where my daughter is. If I knew, she’d be with me.”

DB: “Called me a bad mother, and said I oughta fess up, pretty much. “

DB: “We’re scared of them, because they’ve scared the crap out of me. I mean, they’ve managed to do a great job at that, so…”

DB: “Yeah. When I’ve done nothing wrong.”

DB: “We don’t need a lawyer. We don’t need one.”

DB: “It’s a possibility, yeah, it’s scary. Um, but, we haven’t got one, up until now because we felt like we didn’t need one. We’ve talked to different people, and stuff like that, but we haven’t retained anybody.”

MK: “Why didn’t you hire a lawyer or go get a lawyer at the moment the police said to you, ‘We think you did it?’”
DB: “Because I thought that that’s part of the investigation. They’re always going to look at the closest family, the people that live there, it, it’s part of the process. I see it on TV. I figured they’re gonna do it and then they’re gonna be done with it and that’s it. So, I, you know, didn’t think I needed one.”

DB: “When I put her to bed that night.”

DB: “6:40. I looked at the clock and she had been in bed.”

DB: “It making me feel good, but it makes me overwhelmed at the same time, because I don’t know if I’ll ever have more than those memories. It’s a scary thought.”

DB: “’You, you killed her,’ ‘you, you killed her, you, you know where she’s at.’ Um, uh, ‘Give everybody else closure,’ and ‘You, you, you know you did it.’ And I, I kept saying, ‘No, that’s not possible, no. No, no, no, no.’”

DB: “I wish that we can, we can find, we can find baby Lisa. {After a few seconds of crying) I’m sorry.”

Disclaimer: it's just a small sample of speech and may not be enough to determine patterns.

Thanks Donjeta. Now I know that DB claimed that the boys were awake when she went to get them to sleep in her room.

DB: “Because, um, sometimes, I check on her. Well, most of the time, I check on her. And then the boys, their room is right next to each other. And I sneak in and make sure, you know. And the boys had been awake, and I had went, um, in there, and told them they could come sleep in my bed. And, um, so, I’m assuming that I went and checked on her too, but, I don’t really know.”

Weird. jmo. "Had been awake" makes me think had been awake during something.

This part of the transcript is from the interview with M Kelly on FOX.

um, my son was sleeping with me, and, um, you know, sometimes I, I like to, right, my kids have always, when they’re younger, little, slept in bed with me. So, I like to do that when I can.

Here's something I find a bit odd.

She talks in plural, my kids have always slept with me when they were little. Why the plural? Lisa is her kid, and she's still little, and she sleeps in her crib (allegedly). JI's son didn't live with her when he was little.

Where did Lisa really sleep that night?
It occurs to me that DB could both have checked on Lisa and gone straight to her room if that was where Lisa slept. That's where the cadaver dog is said to have hit as well.

DB: “Terrible, because y, my daughter is missing, the last thing that I want to have to worry about is something like that. I shouldn’t have to put any energy, any time or effort into anything but finding her.”

So what effort has DB put into finding her daughter? What energy has she spent doing anything since she disappeared?

So what effort has DB put into finding her daughter? What energy has she spent doing anything since she disappeared?

Some energy was spent not letting the boys be interviewed again by police.

Here's something I find a bit odd.

She talks in plural, my kids have always slept with me when they were little. Why the plural? Lisa is her kid, and she's still little, and she sleeps in her crib (allegedly). JI's son didn't live with her when he was little.

Where did Lisa really sleep that night?
It occurs to me that DB could both have checked on Lisa and gone straight to her room if that was where Lisa slept. That's where the cadaver dog is said to have hit as well.

I wondered from the beginning if Lisa had been in bed with DB that night. As far as we know, the cadaver dog only hit by the bed. Not even in the bed. I'd think, if lisa died in the crib. There would have been a hit in the crib. We just don't know enough!

It would explain why JI checked on the boys but not Lisa, before going to the bedroom to wake DB, if he was expecting to find Lisa there.

How long did the Irwin/Bradley team stay in that house after the initial police report? Did they leave immediately or were they able to come and go for several days before they moved.

How long did the Irwin/Bradley team stay in that house after the initial police report? Did they leave immediately or were they able to come and go for several days before they moved.

I'd have to look for clarification, but the house was basically a crime scene in those first 24 hours. I'm not sure what kind of access they had but I don't think they were alone in the house in the beginning.

They left immediately, but grabbed a few belongings with LE there after they left the station the first day. They were able to come and go after the house was released, but stayed at relatives house. It was released after the 1st day I think, if I remember right.

I wondered from the beginning if Lisa had been in bed with DB that night. As far as we know, the cadaver dog only hit by the bed. Not even in the bed. I'd think, if lisa died in the crib. There would have been a hit in the crib. We just don't know enough!

Yea, I think if it was some sort of accidental rollover on BL, the dog should of hit on the bed. What bothers me about the dog hit is in many cases in the past, when there has been body in a house, there are usually multiple hits or repeat hits in the same general area. But here there is (as far as we know) one singular hit.

Yea, I think if it was some sort of accidental rollover on BL, the dog should of hit on the bed. What bothers me about the dog hit is in many cases in the past, when there has been body in a house, there are usually multiple hits or repeat hits in the same general area. But here there is (as far as we know) one singular hit.
Yes, we only know of one singular hit and only 7 items taken in the search. Seems like if the dog hit in more places, we would have seen more items being taken to me.

Unless she maybe rolled off the bed into a blanket or such, got tangled up in it and suffocated.

The thing about the dog hits (and this was kicked around at the time the search warrant was made public) is that LE needs only put enough information to secure the warrant. LE wanted the search warrant application sealed but knew that it might not be. So, did they list only enough to get the warrant (potentially more to that dog hit or other hits were made) or was it the one single hit? It sure would be interesting to know.

It doesn't matter to me if the cadaver dog hit once or a hundred times. There was a deceased person by that bed.

Anyone have any idea how much is in the Family Relief Fund? I wonder if the LE would pay them, maybe they could get them in to talk..

It doesn't matter to me if the cadaver dog hit once or a hundred times. There was a deceased person by that bed.

I need some more to prove there was a dead body in there. From the link:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-10-22/missing-baby-mo/50861648/1

Dr. Edward David, a deputy chief medical examiner for the state of Maine and co-author of the "Cadaver Dog Handbook," said that when a body is left in one spot for several hours, cells are left behind. They continue to decompose and create an odor, giving the dog scents to detect.

He said that while trained dogs may fail to detect the smell of human decomposition about 30 percent of the time, they generally don't alert when nothing is there. One exception is when human waste is present.

Dr. Edward David, a deputy chief medical examiner for the state of Maine and co-author of the "Cadaver Dog Handbook," said that when a body is left in one spot for several hours, cells are left behind. They continue to decompose and create an odor, giving the dog scents to detect.

He said that while trained dogs may fail to detect the smell of human decomposition about 30 percent of the time, they generally don't alert when nothing is there. One exception is when human waste is present.
Another exception, according to Oriah, could also be decomposed blood. As in blood that had not been cleaned up for a period of time, then cleaned up later. It would leave traces hard to clean up and not be seen by the naked eye. Info in the HRD info thread.

So am I to think there was human waste by the bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member