Police say parents are not answering vital questions #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When would be the best time to interview people separately to see if they make inconsistent statements, as soon as possible, or weeks later?

I will have to look for the link, but law enforcement already said their stories were inconsistent early on. But I'm sure LE would love to give them the opportunity to be inconsistent some more.

MOO

I will have to look for the link, but law enforcement already said their stories were inconsistent early on. But I'm sure LE would love to give them the opportunity to be inconsistent some more.

MOO

If you can find a link where law enforcement released anything about inconsistent stories made between DB/JI it would be appreciated. Do you recall what the differences in their stories were?

If you can find a link where law enforcement released anything about inconsistent stories made between DB/JI it would be appreciated. Do you recall what the differences in their stories were?

He (Steve Young) didn't say what the inconsistencies were. And I should probably clarify. . .I don't remember his exact wording, but it was something about the stories started to break down or there were inconsistencies or problems with their accounts. I'll see if I can find it. . .I think it might have been video.

ETA. .. I remember now! It's in the search warrant affidavit. Does anybody have the link? I could only find one online and it was a pic of it that you can't actually read. :banghead:

Ok. . .it's here. . .

http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111021_irwinwarrant.pdf

I think what I was recalling, and yes I concede that I was a bit off. . .:crazy:, was this. . .

Investigative interviews with the people involved revealed conflicting information for clear direction in the investigation.

Take that for whatever it's worth.

But interestingly, during my search for the affidavit, I came across the 10/7 Today show interview.

Ms. BRADLEY:
It doesn't -- it doesn't -- We don't -- we don't care -- we don't care what anybody says or thinks or, we don't care what they think. I mean, we -- our concern is to find -- is to find Lisa , to find our Lisa and bring her home because that's what we want and I don't care what we have to go through to get it.

and

Mr. IRWIN
I have not been asked to. I'd be willing to do whatever it takes to bring my daughter Lisa home where she belongs. If that's what it takes, that's what -IRWIN:- that's what we can do. But, we're still looking for her.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44813...issing-tot-cops-said-you-did-it/#.Tyol6cUXA6J

I wonder what's changed since then. :waitasec:

He (Steve Young) didn't say what the inconsistencies were. And I should probably clarify. . .I don't remember his exact wording, but it was something about the stories started to break down or there were inconsistencies or problems with their accounts. I'll see if I can find it. . .I think it might have been video.

ETA. .. I remember now! It's in the search warrant affidavit. Does anybody have the link? I could only find one online and it was a pic of it that you can't actually read. :banghead:

Jumping off your post hambirg. Here is a link to a statement from SY on Oct4th.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amber-aler...ng-kansas-city/story?id=14663097#.TyozcMj7mOc
He also said that there have been no indications at this point that the parents' story is "hinky" or problematic. Lisa's mother was taken to police headquarters earlier today for questioning and her father was not, but Young could not say why.

MOO

I recall that, hambirg. I am almost positive it was in the first two days. They always separate them for the first incident report. That is when the story didn't match up. They never got them apart since. I bet LE has those statements and that is what they want to talk to them about.

IMO, Jeremy would crack...if he sat there long enough and didn't run away. I don't think he can handle much stress. My guess is he has an anger issue. It is my opinion...and from my experience that I have determined it. Sorry, I have to keep justifying my evals but that's the way some want it.

DB....oh boy...don't get me started.

"You can say they are being held, but you can also say they are being cooperative," Young said. "They're an essential part of the investigation, and we're continuing to talk to them."

Just the wording of that tells me that they are suspicious. I bet the incident report dialogue didn't match.

From the ABC link posted above:

Lisa's mother put her down to sleep at approximately 10:30 p.m. Monday night, according to police. When Lisa's father arrived home from work at around 4 a.m., he went into her room to check on her and discovered she was missing. The parents immediately called police.

Right there the story doesn't match up. Jeremy must have told them he checked on Lisa and she wasn't there. The story changed to WE later in another interview. These two did not get their stories straight and the cops were onto them.

In doing statement analysis, one can see the lies. This happened with JVS...too. NO matter how smart you are, you recall memory will be correct but as soon as you try to fill in, and its not from recall, you mess up and it is usually the pronouns that give you away. JI is the one who really messed up.

I was hoping LE would release more the closer we get to the talk show. AS soon as they heard they released part of the video cam. I am anxious to hear more.

Ok. . .it's here. . .

I think what I was recalling, and yes I concede that I was a bit off. . .:crazy:, was this. . .

Investigative interviews with the people involved revealed conflicting information for clear direction in the investigation.

But interestingly, during my search for the affidavit, I came across the 10/7 Today show interview.

Ms. BRADLEY:
It doesn't -- it doesn't -- We don't -- we don't care -- we don't care what anybody says or thinks or, we don't care what they think. I mean, we -- our concern is to find -- is to find Lisa , to find our Lisa and bring her home because that's what we want and I don't care what we have to go through to get it.

and

Mr. IRWIN
I have not been asked to. I'd be willing to do whatever it takes to bring my daughter Lisa home where she belongs. If that's what it takes, that's what -IRWIN:- that's what we can do. But, we're still looking for her.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44813...issing-tot-cops-said-you-did-it/#.Tyol6cUXA6J

I wonder what's changed since then
. :waitasec:

Answer:...the interview they had the the next day with the PoPo...LOL

Is it correct that the information we got concerning LE not wanting to polygraph Jeremy came from Jeremy? I think I just read that here.

I've been going crazy trying to find out where that info came from. I can't imagine why LE would have turned down that offer. I also can't imagine Jeremy being willing to take the test.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44822...uri-baby-lisa-irwin-scaled-back/#.TypG78j7mOc

Interesting video with SY on the today show from Oct9th.

Mr. STEVE YOUNG (Kansas City Police Department): No tip led to this. We're doing everything we can. And any time another idea comes up we're going to give it a shot, and this is -- this is the result of that.

GRAY: Detectives did take at least one bag of evidence from the house; they won't say what they found, though the search apparently did reveal a shift in what police had called a strange relationship between investigators and Lisa 's parents.

Mr. YOUNG: This afternoon, the family sat down with detectives again. It's their house, it's their child, they live here, who knows more about what's going on here and who's come and gone from this home than they do, and they really need to be a part of this investigation.

GRAY: An investigation that after five full days, according to police, has failed to provide any solid leads, clear suspects or substantial evidence.

Mr. YOUNG: We've tracked down, well, around 250 leads and tips. Checked out the ones that we can, but so far, nothing has really led to anything.

Ok. . .it's here. . .

Ms. BRADLEY:

and

Mr. IRWIN

I wonder what's changed since then. :waitasec:

I will hold them to their words and expect them to haul themeselves to the police station as soon as possible because answering police questions is the logical first step in doing whatever they can do to help find her.

Is it correct that the information we got concerning LE not wanting to polygraph Jeremy came from Jeremy? I think I just read that here.

I've been going crazy trying to find out where that info came from. I can't imagine why LE would have turned down that offer. I also can't imagine Jeremy being willing to take the test.

No, that came from LE at some point (Young), I just don't have a link handy.

They turned down the offer because he was nowhere near that house when Lisa went missing. They've confirmed this numerous times.

The only way you are involving Jeremy Irwin in this is if you can prove BL was deceased prior to him going to work.

Also, you asked earlier about what the people in the neighborhood think of DB. I asked InDaMiddle this same question a few days ago (since she lives in the neighborhood) and she said it was running 50/50 innocent/guilty.

I think people who were far away could still know something they ain't telling.

JMO but if he knows nothing he should have no problem going to the police station without his partner and saying so. If it's the truth it doesn't change whether DB is there or not.

I agree that they need to get to the police station and make up for the time they have been wasting. That is the part that gets to me...refusing seperate interviews, along with the fact that it took so long to get the children interviewed a second time. I know that DB and JI, along with the children, were interviewed in the beginning. So what. Conflicting information came out after the initial interviews, along with many different characters that the parents need to explain their relationship with...TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR BABY. Maybe DB and JI will not be honest about those relationships when they are being interviewed together and the police know that. I know that one can never truly say what they would do in this situation, until it happens to them. BUT I do know that if you are innocent, then you have nothing to hide. You do what the police ask you to do, because THEY are the ones that are going to help you find your baby. If you go in and they accuse you of doing something that you didn't do...you cry, you tell the truth over and over. They aren't going to "break you" because you are innocent! You have nothing to be broken of. You do this as many times as is needed, because what is the alternative? Not getting the help needed to find your baby because you get your feelings hurt during the interviews. Doesn't make sense to me, unless you don't want your baby to be found. I have done Behavioral Health Therapy with children and how do children react when they are guilty and are afraid of being caught? Sometimes they talk too much to cover up their lies and then give out too much information. What happens when they give out too much information and realize they are about to be caught in their lie? They either continue to tell lies and eventually get caught OR they shut you out because they know if they keep talking you will find out the truth. When that doesn't work, they go into denial and defense mode. They blame you. They blame the dog. They blame their sibling. In my opinon only, we have two people trying to save their own behinds. The only difference between them and the children I have worked with is that they have expensive attorneys to keep them from talking, that they can then blame for the reason why they are not talking or trying to find their little girl. Oh, and the cops are to blame instead of the dog. I think that pretty much covers it. Sorry for the rant, but I started reading Websleuths specifically when little Lisa went missing and it is has been hard for me not to join and give me opinion. Now that I have joined in, I am afraid I will not get any work done :) By the way, I understand that some people truly believe that DB and JI are innocent and I respect this and I truly HOPE that they are because the thought of Baby Lisa alive and well is wonderful...but unfortunately, I don't see anything that they have done or are doing as the actions of innocent and caring parents. I would love to be proven wrong.

One of the theories I've seen put forth was DB gave Lisa too much medication, whether for her cold, or to knock her out so she could enjoy her "me time". If that were the case, then she likely would have called someone who would help her dispose of Lisa's body....like a relative. It would explain how distraught she was - I mean, how horrible would that be. It would also explain there being no sounds from the baby - no screams from a child being brutalized.

It's not a bad theory - but I still think the baby was taken out of the house by someone who was hired to do so. Someone who would do just about anything for money.
But the only problem with this is that she had no working phone to be able to call. For me, for her to do this, just takes too many people to ALL have to keep it quiet for this long.
And they had no money for anybody to get to do this.

I agree that they need to get to the police station and make up for the time they have been wasting. That is the part that gets to me...refusing seperate interviews, along with the fact that it took so long to get the children interviewed a second time. I know that DB and JI, along with the children, were interviewed in the beginning. So what. Conflicting information came out after the initial interviews, along with many different characters that the parents need to explain their relationship with...TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR BABY. Maybe DB and JI will not be honest about those relationships when they are being interviewed together and the police know that. I know that one can never truly say what they would do in this situation, until it happens to them. BUT I do know that if you are innocent, then you have nothing to hide. You do what the police ask you to do, because THEY are the ones that are going to help you find your baby. If you go in and they accuse you of doing something that you didn't do...you cry, you tell the truth over and over. They aren't going to "break you" because you are innocent! You have nothing to be broken of. You do this as many times as is needed, because what is the alternative? Not getting the help needed to find your baby because you get your feelings hurt during the interviews. Doesn't make sense to me, unless you don't want your baby to be found. I have done Behavioral Health Therapy with children and how do children react when they are guilty and are afraid of being caught? Sometimes they talk too much to cover up their lies and then give out too much information. What happens when they give out too much information and realize they are about to be caught in their lie? They either continue to tell lies and eventually get caught OR they shut you out because they know if they keep talking you will find out the truth. When that doesn't work, they go into denial and defense mode. They blame you. They blame the dog. They blame their sibling. In my opinon only, we have two people trying to save their own behinds. The only difference between them and the children I have worked with is that they have expensive attorneys to keep them from talking, that they can then blame for the reason why they are not talking or trying to find their little girl. Oh, and the cops are to blame instead of the dog. I think that pretty much covers it. Sorry for the rant, but I started reading Websleuths specifically when little Lisa went missing and it is has been hard for me not to join and give me opinion. Now that I have joined in, I am afraid I will not get any work done :) By the way, I understand that some people truly believe that DB and JI are innocent and I respect this and I truly HOPE that they are because the thought of Baby Lisa alive and well is wonderful...but unfortunately, I don't see anything that they have done or are doing as the actions of innocent and caring parents. I would love to be proven wrong.

Hi Pierce'sMommy. I have a question about your statement that "they aren't going to break you because you are innocent". Is it your belief that only guilty people would "break" under police interrogation? Is the section of the 5th amendment where it states "No person shall be compelled in a criminal case to be a witness against himself" only to protect guilty people?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution"]Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back