Poll: Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

• Yes, and I have a POI in mind (and he's among those who can be talked about at WS)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Yes, and I have a POI in mind (though he's not presently among those who can be talked about here)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Yes, I think she was, and I have some theories, but no specific person in mind.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "yes", she was murdered.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "no", she was not murdered.

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • No, I firmly believe (think) Shannan Gilbert was not murdered.

Votes: 27 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read some of the posts over the past few days. One of the posters suggested watching Bodies on the Beach-Search for a Serial Killer on Youtube. I did. I would recommend everyone watch it and pay close attention to the area that a former PC refers to as a crime scene. Was it a slip? Pay attention to where he is and who he is talking about. I was SHOCKED. Also. One of the members of LE stated one of his guys stepped into waist deep muke and needed assistance to get out. Im not impressed. There would be more (even a few months later) mud,muck water in a marsh after a hurricane. Oak beach is on the ocean and the South Shore was hit hard. SG went missing before the hurricane hit and I dont believe she fell in the mud and could not get up. This show had only 50 something hits. Everybody please watch and post afterwards.

deedee21- when I was in the NYPD doing homicides we had our share of deaths by multiple stab wounds. Cops are famous for 'black humor'. Once in awhile to break the monotony of the day we would try to come up with a scenario how the victim stabbed himself while coring an apple. Someone might say if anyone found an apple. Yeah, SG drowned.

deedee21- when I was in the NYPD doing homicides we had our share of deaths by multiple stab wounds. Cops are famous for 'black humor'. Once in awhile to break the monotony of the day we would try to come up with a scenario how the victim stabbed himself while coring an apple. Someone might say if anyone found an apple. Yeah, SG drowned.

NY's, I believe, in general have a bit of a dark/sarcastic/crude sense of humor. Many Northeasterners do (myself included), that to a lot of Southern/Western states don't come across as joking around.

The question is, was SG murdered? I dont know. Theres two reasons why her mother should not stop trying to find out what happen that night. She receives a call from a man that said he has a daughter. Also I do not believe her jeans FELL OF because she was running through thick brush. We all know our jeans come off one leg at a time. LE talked about finding her purse, shoes ,and phone. Did they ever mention if her under garments and blouse were found with her remains. If they truely believe there was no foul play then her personal belongings should be returned to the family if they make the request.

Its said the PO that went to Oak Beach as a result of the 911 calls did a sweep of the area. Whats a sweep? A drive by. Again, no dogs for SG? Hawkshaw, I am from NY and understand dark humor.I get that. There wasnt any.

Its said the PO that went to Oak Beach as a result of the 911 calls did a sweep of the area. Whats a sweep? A drive by. Again, no dogs for SG? Hawkshaw, I am from NY and understand dark humor.I get that. There wasnt any.

What is a 'sweep'? Probably nothing. He got there and looked around and finding nothing passed on it.

As some of you readers know I am the last person that would pass on an opportunity to criticize SCPD for gross negligence. We have to know a lot more to make a more educated guess as to what really happened and if the cop screwed up. Honestly, I don't think he did despite the fact SG was there and later found to be dead.

Having the 911 tape might go a long way in making a far better guess.

You have to remember the police get hundreds of these calls throughout the year and the very vast majority of them are unfounded. If any of those calls have substance to them the person that made the call has probably resolved the issues before the police arrive. In this case it does appear this isn't the case.

In any case if the cops did screw up we will only have them to confirm that to use. And we all know that isn't about to happen.

Burglary alarm reports number into the 100K+ each year. Literally, 99% of those calls turn out to be false alarms. It happens so often that the police will hold such calls for hours before they send a car to investigate - an item no unnoticed by a burglar.

I am a newbie here but has it ever been suspected that a serial killer is lurking on this site?

I am a newbie here but has it ever been suspected that a serial killer is lurking on this site?

There has been another case, the killer was hanging out here, but I forgot which one and whether it was an SK or a single. But then, it's against the TOS to mention any suspicions in that direction anyway.

Not sure if he would LURK or PARTICIPATE but I am sure, if he is here, he is reveling in the attention that he is NOT getting in the media! I guess I only hope that if he is reading that every second he spends on here is another second (hopefully) that he is not killing!

I willing to bet that MP knew or had dealings with JB prior to May1, 2010, ....

MOO

(snipped a piece)
seems veryyyy likely that he did---loooong way to go for a "first-time" client, especially at that time of night, regardless of the $

Hi HedyRed, I am not the official welcoming party - but welcome to you for sure. I have thought that this would be a perfect place for a killer to relive/discuss his crimes. I'm not the only one - Great question! BTW, is HedyRed an acronym? Sorry, just kidding! Welcome!

He claims diaz gave it to him, diaz agrees that he did but doesnt remember the details ie if hackett asked for it etc. I am more interested in where he got the lil sisters number from, and if "that was diaz's idea too"

I get the impression (especially after the 48 hours show) that Shannan's sister was at Mari's house and they both took the call(s) from CPH.
I still think Shannan had another phone...I would...a phone for work and a phone for personal.
:moo:

The whole phone call thing from CPH to MG is fuzzy. I think its a key piece to this puzzle that needs to be layed out (facts) in a detailed timeline. Can anyone do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste