Poll: Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

• Yes, and I have a POI in mind (and he's among those who can be talked about at WS)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Yes, and I have a POI in mind (though he's not presently among those who can be talked about here)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Yes, I think she was, and I have some theories, but no specific person in mind.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "yes", she was murdered.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "no", she was not murdered.

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • No, I firmly believe (think) Shannan Gilbert was not murdered.

Votes: 27 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ts How did this "local" (FY?) know to look in the marsh? That in and of itself is highly suspicios. Don't you think?

No, I don't think it is highly suspicious. I think much like websleuths is a cyber neighborhood watch, back in reality there are actual neighbors who notice other neighbors behavior.

If your neighbor had been interrogated multiple times by LE about a missing person, and you have seen said neighbor hanging out in an area usually not inhabited by people, an you had knowledge of that individual being possessive of and protective of that uninhabitable area, you wouldn't need to be Sherlock Homey to suggest searching in that area.

Now in a community as small and tight as OB, it would take a blind eye and a mute mouth not to suggest the obvious.

If I was questioned by police 3 times in connection with a luxury car stealing scheme, and my neighbors knew that I frequented a large warehouse behind my property. Would it be suspicious for my neighbor (especially one that I had been a massive a$$whole too) to yell, "Check the warehouse!" ???

One last analogy, if you were an employee of GST Steel and you had worked hard your whole life and contributed to your pension plan, then a private equity firm came along and bought the company your worked for, laid you off, closed the steel plant, brought the company into chapter 11 (bankruptcy) and left the pension with $44 million in liabilities yet managed to report a profit of $58 million for themselves, wouldn't you wonder where your life savings went? And if one of your fellow employees stayed late at the factory and noticed that the private equity firm came in later that night with a giant wood chipper with a label on the front that said "feed pension in here" and a label on the back that said "management fees and dividends shoot out here" That employee would probably be screaming "Those harvard boys stole our retirement!!!!"

I hope that clears things up.

"With respect to the private retirement system, we should insist that companies fulfill any outstanding promises to their workers and retirees. Bankruptcy laws should be amended to move pension beneficiaries toward the front of the creditor line, so that companies can't just file for chapter 11 to stiff workers." - Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope 2006

Attachments

• wood chipper.jpg
    wood chipper.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 12
Seriously Truth,
If you get bored of Finance and dealing with all those numbers, you should seriously consider being a Trial Lawyer.

Seriously Truth,
If you get bored of Finance and dealing with all those numbers, you should seriously consider being a Trial Lawyer.

I'd rather surf, make music, and lazily vote for Elizabeth Warren as she becomes the first female president of the US.

Did I miss anything good? I was away for a few days.

BTW- If any of you guys have friends or relatives in Colorado, now is the time to visit them.

I was talking about the snowboarding trails. They are in immaculate condition.

Did I miss anything good? I was away for a few days.

BTW- If any of you guys have friends or relatives in Colorado, now is the time to visit them.

Even closer for you... Massachusetts. You'll have to wait until Jan. 1st, though. ;)

The sound was very poor on my computer. Did anyone hear whether they asked her if she had phone records of the first phone call that Hackett denies?

Did I just hear MG's lawyer say they filed this lawsuit in order to drum up interest in the case and raise money for a second autopsy because they were very dissatisfied with the results of the first one, and that they'll figure out what they're going to accuse him of once they depose him?

Did I just hear MG's lawyer say they filed this lawsuit in order to drum up interest in the case and raise money for a second autopsy because they were very dissatisfied with the results of the first one, and that they'll figure out what they're going to accuse him of once they depose him?

Did you hear only part of the report? Or do you have selective hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay