Poll: Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

• Yes, and I have a POI in mind (and he's among those who can be talked about at WS)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Yes, and I have a POI in mind (though he's not presently among those who can be talked about here)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Yes, I think she was, and I have some theories, but no specific person in mind.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "yes", she was murdered.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "no", she was not murdered.

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • No, I firmly believe (think) Shannan Gilbert was not murdered.

Votes: 27 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of nice framed women with no pants on; I got a new girlfriend. Shes a sweetheart.

thought they said no drugs found in her sytem--if anything, i would bet those roles would be reversed

Well considering they didn't find her a long time it's very plausible that the drugs were out of her system. She would have expelled most traces of any sort of drugs.

Cocaine can be detected for up to several months after use; obviously, no positive reading would be possible in the case of SG (and I doubt they checked, since it would fruitless to).

http://answers.webmd.com/answers/1198208/how-long-does-cocaine-stay-in

Just on the technical side of things: Any drugs, she would have consumed that night, wouldn't have made it into her hairs. She didn't live long enough afterwards. And a regular tox screen is impossible in the first place because there was no blood anymore, there were just skeletal remains. To say under this conditions, "no drugs found in the system" is like "my boat doesn't need new tires". I am pretty sure nobody's boat need new tires, and that far, the statement is probably correct. And I'm pretty sure, nobody ever detected drugs in a system after the system was basically already gone.

What about her bones? Didn't the ME say that her drug test showed no traces of cocaine and was negative?

Well considering they didn't find her a long time it's very plausible that the drugs were out of her system. She would have expelled most traces of any sort of drugs.

sadly they didn't find her for so many months, and we have to assume she died relatively immediately--even the remaining hair would hold no traces of cocaine beyond 6 months--the first 1.5" holds traces for up to 90 days

What about her bones? Didn't the ME say that her drug test showed no traces of cocaine and was negative?

Normally not. Under very good, exceptional conditions, it can be, that there is a little marrow left after such a long time and maybe, under very good weather conditions over all the time, it can be, something is left to anlyzye. But otherwise, 99% chance against finding anyway. And then, MEs in NYC and LI have anyway a weird reputation, so I would guess, such things would be way over their head. I still remember that clown in the Rifkin case, who said, one of the victims was a drug mule who died from an overdose (fresh body and all). There weren't even bags with drugs in her stomach or guts, so how ... but well, he wrote it, nobody looked into the case since Rifkin suddenly came up with a confession for that victim. That's how it seems to work there.

Just as a reminder:

About 77.5 % of those polled, here, believe Shannan was murdered. This poll was posted nearly five months ago.

Just K,

The reverse is that 22.5% of those polled do not believe SG was murdered. If SG died of natural causes (this issue has been debated ad naseum) then everybody is innocent.

Certain POI's who may not be able to maintain innocence if SG was murdered, would be free if death was by natural causes.

I believe the efforts by those POI's will be to maintain SG died as a result of natural causes.

A good lawyer rather defending his client might be better off saying no murder took place, so no crime was committed, so my client is not guilty of anything.

Whatever a POI did, it did not result in SG's death, therefore no crime.

When does the trial start?

MOO

Trust me Windsor, if they find someone they can pin it on they will come up with a caIuse of death. About a year ago the DA convicted a guy for strangling a woman to death after the ME could offer no cause of death. He said he tried to get the services of a prostitute and she was overcome with something ( drugs?) and she died in his car. He buried her body because he feared his wife would learn of it. He eventually led the cops to the grave site. I think his explanation was plausible in those circumstances. Her body was in the ground for only a month and a half. How this guy didn't get acquitted on reasonable doubt is a mystery to me.

Trust me Windsor, if they find someone they can pin it on they will come up with a caIuse of death. About a year ago the DA convicted a guy for strangling a woman to death after the ME could offer no cause of death. He said he tried to get the services of a prostitute and she was overcome with something ( drugs?) and she died in his car. He buried her body because he feared his wife would learn of it. He eventually led the cops to the grave site. I think his explanation was plausible in those circumstances. Her body was in the ground for only a month and a half. How this guy didn't get acquitted on reasonable doubt is a mystery to me.

hawkshaw, thanks for the comment, the real gem is your last sentence, it seems some people on this board believe juries are consistent, logical and right. When the reality is nobody ever knows how a jury will find. We all have seen court actions where innocent people go to jail for years. It not just juries, but in trials by judges, the judge mis-understands one point, or does not believe one witness and the wrong person is convicted.

I think the more notoriety a case has the more likely-hood of procedural errors by LE, botched procedures, and the wrong verdicts reached.

Remember one jury found OJ innocent of murder but another jury found him guilty in the wrongful death trial.

Oh one other point, in the case of of the prostitute dying in the car. I have a feeling that is not that uncommon in coastal New York.....;lot of bad drugs I guess.:floorlaugh:

MOO

WINDSOR, if you have been reading my many posts on many boards, including this one you would know how I feel about juries. You would also know how much I despise the DA, some of the cops, etc., You might be surprised to know that I have the least amount of anger for the informants they got to lie in the son in law case. But the Jury has a 'special place' in my heart. Before this trial I had no idea anyone could find 12 human beings so ignorant. Throw the judge in there as juror #13.

I assure you this is not sour grapes - it is a FACT.

How many LIES can a jury hear and not acquit for reasonable doubt? It is unbelievable that 12 people we allow to roam through society can be allowed to ruin someone's life.

WINDSOR, if you have been reading my many posts on many boards, including this one you would know how I feel about juries. You would also know how much I despise the DA, some of the cops, etc., You might be surprised to know that I have the least amount of anger for the informants they got to lie in the son in law case. But the Jury has a 'special place' in my heart. Before this trial I had no idea anyone could find 12 human beings so ignorant. Throw the judge in there as juror #13.

I assure you this is not sour grapes - it is a FACT.

How many LIES can a jury hear and not acquit for reasonable doubt? It is unbelievable that 12 people we allow to roam through society can be allowed to ruin someone's life.

may the best liar win.

(in court) lawsuits

Because there is a reasonable presumption that if you take the time to hide a body, you are likely guilty of the death in some way. I would guess that 99.9% of the people on this board would have convicted him as well.

In the case you cite, the guy could have simply left the body if he didn't want his wife to find out. If he went to the trouble of hiding the body, burying it so no one would know, it was not his wife he was concerned about.

was this the thread that ps149 had posted the legal web stuff
about CPH's lawsuit being in court 1/30 and postponed to 2/5

what I can't understand for the life of me....
is....

did he actually have a office in his home in oak beach?
and if he did...then that would be ok to treat people
in his home because he was a medical professional.

so....that is ok.

but he must have had an office elsewhere, right?
like an official office? somewhere? or did he ONLY work out of
hospitals?

sooo confused....does anyone know?

was this the thread that ps149 had posted the legal web stuff
about CPH's lawsuit being in court 1/30 and postponed to 2/5

what I can't understand for the life of me....
is....

did he actually have a office in his home in oak beach?
and if he did...then that would be ok to treat people
in his home because he was a medical professional.

so....that is ok.

but he must have had an office elsewhere, right?
like an official office? somewhere? or did he ONLY work out of
hospitals?

sooo confused....does anyone know?

TKAM, if you go to Shannan Gilbert's family to file lawsuitthread, around post #372 there is discussion on schedule of court dates.

Regarding if CPH's had medical facilities in the home in Oak Beach. I think once Truthspider spoke of CPH having a kitchen counter that doubled as a treatment table.

It probably is common practice for most doctors have a room or space or a cabinet in their home for minor medical procedures for family, friends, neighbors and emergencies.

This would be the case regardless if the Doctor had an conventional office elsewhere.

Remember at one time almost all doctors worked out of their homes.

The rumors that he treated people in his house are true. If one of the neighborhood kids fell or seomthing in the street the doc would be the first to offer to stitch the kids scraped up knee. It is strange. People down at OB for the most part say he is actually a really nice guy. Always offering to help people out, whether it be medical or not. But he always told fairy tales as well. Bizarre Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy