Poll: Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

• Yes, and I have a POI in mind (and he's among those who can be talked about at WS)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Yes, and I have a POI in mind (though he's not presently among those who can be talked about here)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Yes, I think she was, and I have some theories, but no specific person in mind.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "yes", she was murdered.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "no", she was not murdered.

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • No, I firmly believe (think) Shannan Gilbert was not murdered.

Votes: 27 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. We need to know the why because that is, what allows us to find the who or at least to get ahead of him and see, who pops up where we wait for him.

Trying to get in his head and figuring out why he does what he does, I believe would drive me crazy. I'm just saying he does what he does for all kinds of reasons that we won't find out until he tells us, after he's been caught. If he ever does. He's crazy, I can't do crazy. But I am am good at figuring out the who part. So, it's a combination of different methods and the right questions. Not just one person has all the answers, but all this working together to solve the mystery.

I can do the NYtimes Sunday Crossword in record time. All I need are the answers printed on the back page. One of the easiest questions I ever saw on Jeopardy or was it You want to be a millionaire was: what major league ball player played in the most world series game. You got the chance to pick one out of 4. Ha, ha, how could any of these contestants that are so bright miss that one? They didn't have a clue. You see the question is always easy when you know the ANSWER.

Back when I was in the middle of retiring I came across a group of detectives gathered around a car. It was in my neighborhood, a very quiet neighborhood in Nassau County.

Car abandoned in quiet neighbor + 12 detectives standing around + car comes from Ridgewood, NY = Mob hit.

I know a detective sergeant on the scene. I ask him wat up? Tells me a hood is in the trunk. I ask him where is the guy and car from. He tells me Ridgewood. I tell him who the killer is, and where he might be found only a few blocks away. A detective scoffs at me. No sane man is going to kill someone in queens and drive him to Nassau. It doesn't make sense - AND AS LOGIC GOES THIS GUY IS RIGHT. The only problem is these kind of people that do these things are on a wavelength on their own.

Of course I am right. 12 honest and true and very good detectives didn't have a clue. But I did. You see it is very easy to answer the question if you already know the answer.

I guess its all relative. My knowledge/answer to question ratio is pretty good. I wish this was a math problem. I would be able to answer it alittle better. Unfortunatley I was kicked out of philosophy class in college but I "exceled" in calculus and physics. HAHAHA, anyone else just catch that nerd joke I just through in there?

Or for quicker reference just Google Scandal at Oak Beach Inn. There is also a Newsday
Series of articles written in 1999 telling the story of longtime corruption of public officials in Suffolk County. I'm on my mobile right now and can't add links but will when I have my computer. If someone else can attach those links, please. Happy reading. Thanks Hawkshaw! This gives me a much better understanding of your point of view.

I placed it here to give the readers another view of the area. Personally, I have always been of the opinion that people that live near the water have too much salt on the brain. Why would anyone want to live in an area where they could be flooded out, fight mosquitos, dampness etc., is a mystery to me.

We had such a place in Queens. It was on Crossbay Blvd in a stretch of land just north of the bridge leading into the Rockaways. Beyond that was a WildLife Preserve. That also had its share of bodies.

We called that section of land "CritterVille" We often wondered if the entire community wasn't In-Bred Yokels. Wealthy people lived there in modest homes. Hillbillies also lived there. It was a closed community. My guess is Oak Beach is something like that.

I can do the NYtimes Sunday Crossword in record time. All I need are the answers printed on the back page. One of the easiest questions I ever saw on Jeopardy or was it You want to be a millionaire was: what major league ball player played in the most world series game. You got the chance to pick one out of 4. Ha, ha, how could any of these contestants that are so bright miss that one? They didn't have a clue. You see the question is always easy when you know the ANSWER.

Back when I was in the middle of retiring I came across a group of detectives gathered around a car. It was in my neighborhood, a very quiet neighborhood in Nassau County.

Car abandoned in quiet neighbor + 12 detectives standing around + car comes from Ridgewood, NY = Mob hit.

I know a detective sergeant on the scene. I ask him wat up? Tells me a hood is in the trunk. I ask him where is the guy and car from. He tells me Ridgewood. I tell him who the killer is, and where he might be found only a few blocks away. A detective scoffs at me. No sane man is going to kill someone in queens and drive him to Nassau. It doesn't make sense - AND AS LOGIC GOES THIS GUY IS RIGHT. The only problem is these kind of people that do these things are on a wavelength on their own.

Of course I am right. 12 honest and true and very good detectives didn't have a clue. But I did. You see it is very easy to answer the question if you already know the answer.

Okay okay, but our actual problem is, we don't know the answer to who killed the GB4, we don't know the answer who killed those who were dismembered. So I'm afraid, it's not that easy and we actually have to work on it. With all we got and what I got, is some understanding about why people do things, they do, whether crazy people or not. So I go with that. If you have better methods, apply them. Get the guy and everybody is happy. But I disagree, when you say, we don't need to bother to try to understand because, in your opinion, it's impossible. Because it's not and that is a proven fact in dozens of SK investigations in the last decades here in the US. So, riddle games are nice, but then, we have at least two killers on the lose in LI.

I think the understanding part is important. Just like PB wants to do...get inside his head and possibly get one step ahead of him. Me, I would just bash his head open as opposed to getting inside of it. Thats why diversity is great.

I placed it here to give the readers another view of the area. Personally, I have always been of the opinion that people that live near the water have too much salt on the brain. Why would anyone want to live in an area where they could be flooded out, fight mosquitos, dampness etc., is a mystery to me.

We had such a place in Queens. It was on Crossbay Blvd in a stretch of land just north of the bridge leading into the Rockaways. Beyond that was a WildLife Preserve. That also had its share of bodies.

We called that section of land "CritterVille" We often wondered if the entire community wasn't In-Bred Yokels. Wealthy people lived there in modest homes. Hillbillies also lived there. It was a closed community. My guess is Oak Beach is something like that.

I'm very familiar with that area. LOL

Found a very possible "industrial area" very close to Oak Beach and AC's house. It is in North Babylon, East of Hubbards Path, North of Sunrise HIghway but west of Deer Park Avenue and South of Belmont Park. I dont know how to do all that google map stuff that you guys do. It is over by Amsterdam Ave, Lexington Avenue in North Babylon.

Thats a good one. Very hidden and not very well known like the ones on Edison Avenue.

It gives me the chills now that I just thought of it. Quick access to Sunrise Highway and from there you can be pretty much anywhere the GB4 were picked up within 20 minutes. Be at ACs house in about 2 minutes. From that industrial area to Oak Beach is about 20 minutes.

LOL. I guess you get the drift of what I am trying to say. More than 20 years ago there was a notable double homicide in Nassau County. The cops were stumped. They focused on two persons : the estranged husband and a boyfriend, a well known business owner.

A year or so later I had occasion to be introduced to that neighborhood when a relative bought a home there. Certain things happened that made me believe certain people were very strange. I called NCPD Homicide and told them I had nothing of value, but my gut tells me that somehow a certain home on the block had something to do with the murders. The case remained unsolved for more than 15 years. One day an arrest was made and it came from a relative of the home I suspected had something to do with it.

Now how did I know this? I am certainly not a Dick Tracy or a Colombo. I just 'knew' it because I knew it. It is a combination of many factors that sometimes rings bells in one's head. I didn't know who did it and why they did it, I just knew it somehow came from a particular house of otherwise legitimate folks.

Found a very possible "industrial area" very close to Oak Beach and AC's house. It is in North Babylon, East of Hubbards Path, North of Sunrise HIghway but west of Deer Park Avenue and South of Belmont Park. I dont know how to do all that google map stuff that you guys do. It is over by Amsterdam Ave, Lexington Avenue in North Babylon.

Thats a good one. Very hidden and not very well known like the ones on Edison Avenue.

It gives me the chills now that I just thought of it. Quick access to Sunrise Highway and from there you can be pretty much anywhere the GB4 were picked up within 20 minutes. Be at ACs house in about 2 minutes. From that industrial area to Oak Beach is about 20 minutes.

Let me guess, it's also after 6pm and on weekends practically deserted? And it has a lot of small businesses, workshops and storage? Feels not bad to me.

There's also tons of industrial parks off Sagtikos and Southern State in North Bay Shore & Baywood. Im talking up by where Baywood, North Bay Shore, and Deer Park come together, Grand Blvd, Corbin Ave, etc. Almost entirely industrial and deserted after say 5pm except for where you get closer to the Tanger Outlets at The Arches.

There's also another huge industrial park just north of the Heartland Gold Course on Pine Aire Drive ... I used to drive home from SCCC that way if the Sagtikos had too much traffic on the days when I had late afternoon classes.

There's also tons of industrial parks off Sagtikos and Southern State in North Bay Shore & Baywood. Im talking up by where Baywood, North Bay Shore, and Deer Park come together, Grand Blvd, Corbin Ave, etc. Almost entirely industrial and deserted after say 5pm except for where you get closer to the Tanger Outlets at The Arches.

There's also another huge industrial park just north of the Heartland Gold Course on Pine Aire Drive ... I used to drive home from SCCC that way if the Sagtikos had too much traffic on the days when I had late afternoon classes.

What I'm looking for is full of small companies and not so big industrial structures. It is somehow along the way between NYC and Gilgo Beach or at least has easy access to that route. It is deserted after 6pm and on weekends. It is kind of an anonymous place. How does that fir the areas, you mentioned?

What I'm looking for is full of small companies and not so big industrial structures. It is somehow along the way between NYC and Gilgo Beach or at least has easy access to that route. It is deserted after 6pm and on weekends. It is kind of an anonymous place. How does that fir the areas, you mentioned?

Off Route 110 on Allen Blvd in Farmingdale is one. Lots of street walking prostitutes can be seen walking around trying to flag down customers and then take them to the Sayanara Motel or in back of deserted industrial parking lots in the evenings. During the day and at nite. Also known for being a crack neighborhood. Not sure if this is what you're lookin for.

I have been on calls in remote areas hard to explain... but almost like storage places were men had set up offices...so to speak...I was on point thank God. It was always quite creepy. It would be hard to find.

There's a lot more to say on that subject but right now...I'm distracted.

Maybe later post...bear with me...God bless and keep searchin!

A storage facility is a perfect way to kill someone and dispose of the body. A gal gets a call to meet a John. The John says I have a 'room' at a local storage facility. You go in there and he kills you. He puts you in a big box and wheels you out to the car. Who is giong to question that.

LOL - sick minds think alike. It often occurred to me that using such a facility for a Matinee would be a good idea if you wanted to save the price of a motel room. I was going past a room without a lock on it. I wanted to see how big it was. Tugged on the door and it wouldn't open. Then I hear, hey, hey, from inside. Sorry. What the heck???

Oak Beach is a closed community.....they even have a gate. Critterville in Queens doesn't have a gate, just curious people. The marina I visited in the Hamptons on 8/26/09 is another example of a 'closed community' despite the fact it is visited by hundreds of people. That place is like Cheers - everyone knows your name.

You had to see the look on the Judge's face when he drove in to the parking lot and saw me with a camera in my hand. Then he saw me down near the dock where their quiet little party of good ole boys was going on. He even confronted me!!! Why not he is a big shot judge that puts a lot of people in jail for LIFE.

You folks that are interested in what REALLY goes on in Suffolk County should read the book I suggested. Scandal at the Oak Beach Inn. A quick and very interesting read. All the usual cast of characters are in it.

SCANDAL AT THE OAK BEACH INN: When most of you read this book you might center your attention on Robert Moses. I am sure Moses kicked it all off against OBI. Then the lower scoundrels took up the baton.

We race 30 + years into the future and we find another powerful well known politician getting more than $200K in contributions from a health care facility to fix a problem for them with the Philippines government. everything gets 'fixed' and the healt facility is allowed to recruit nurses from the Philippines, again. Mr DA figures maybe he is going to make a big shot like the well know pol. Maybe I will make a friend, the DA must be wondering..........The only thing that has changed with OBI story is the names of the two POLS that started it in motion. "A D' and CS. Both belong and belonged to an Exclusive Club of 100.

10 nurses and their lawyer gets arrested on trumped up charges levied by the DA. That judge at the Marina - guess what? He is being sued along with the DA in federal court.

The questin is how do you make all of this go away. AD did quite well making a lot of things go away in SC. CS, an even bigger snake should have no problem fixing the federal case where 10 nurses were placed in involuntary servitude - so said the NYS Appellate court when they issued a Writ of Prohibitiion against the DA.

Would you like paying 40k a year in taxes and being woken up to drunks having sex on your lawn? Or your car windows smashed? or Keyed?

But do not get me wrong, I am very pro business. He was forced out eventually, and that was not cool. Both sides should have come to an agreement. But that book does not mention the other side of the argument. Or how when he moved down to florida he caused a similiar problem and was booted out of there as well. Dude who owned the OBI had a very good business going. The clubs out in the Hamptons did not even get big till he closed. A little community pressure, a stubborn business man whose pride got away from him, some dirt dealings in the backroom equals a good story that can be thrown around. If he was as good as a business man he is portrayed to be, he would still be there. I know guys who used to work for him, some of them worked for me as well. They would tell stories about how after working 15 hour shifts they were then sent out to put up all of those wacky signs he used to make and destroy any opposing signs. How cops were paid not to give DWIs until they got past montauk highway. Like I said, he built a sick business but he was not Mr. Clean himself.

THat place used to be sick though. Good times. Bungy jumping, drunken jet ski rental, and you can even just pull your boat up and have a burger and hang. Unfortunately as I was coming into my party years, he was winding down. I definitely had some of my best times in my late teens early twenties at that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper