Poll: Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

• Yes, and I have a POI in mind (and he's among those who can be talked about at WS)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Yes, and I have a POI in mind (though he's not presently among those who can be talked about here)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Yes, I think she was, and I have some theories, but no specific person in mind.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "yes", she was murdered.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "no", she was not murdered.

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • No, I firmly believe (think) Shannan Gilbert was not murdered.

Votes: 27 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been reported she called at 5:22 and police arrived 10 minutes later.

Do you have a link for that? I have not heard anything except that it took them forty something minutes to get there

Can I please have your attention!

This thread is about opinions. That means you expect more than one answer. So why are some posters criticizing others because they don't
see the same result as you? Two or more can look at the SAME THING, yet decipher THEIR interpretation differently than perhaps you. It doesn't mean one is right and one wrong, just that you have different opinions.

That's what we do here.......... Voice our opinions. An opinion cannot be right or wrong, it's an OPINION. That is also how juries reach verdicts on 'circumstantial cases.' They take the culmination of all that IS KNOWN, and reach a verdict, or not..... .fwiw, as this poll inidicates, there's more voting one way, but even one vote in the opposite direction, if this was a trial, would be a mistrial, hung jury.

Now, let's keep out the personal comments of implication that others are wrong or have faulty thinking or smart or stupid. It serves no purpose, causes hard feelings and unnecessary arguments and harsh words. Agree to disagree and move on.

tia
fran

The links are in various threads here, the time line goes close to this...
At 4:51 SG calls 911, she's on the phone 23 minutes, police arrive about 45 minutes later.
GC calls 911 about 5:00 after SG knocks on his door, SG is still on the phone with 911 at the time. Police arrive about 30 minutes later.
BB calls 911 at 5:22 because someone knocked on her door and left before she answered. Police arrive about 10 minutes later.

The 20 minutes between GC's and BB's calls supports claims of seeing SG's footprints in the sand on the path to the inlet(near BB's house) because that is not a twenty minute walk. To me it suggests she got to the inlet, got her bearings as to which way was out of there, and then stopped at BB's house knocked and decided it was not a good idea. Then left in the direction she knew the road was, because she'd seen the bridge when she was at the inlet.
It's possible she thought the north south bridge she saw was a part of the east west parkway she came in on, and headed that way through the marsh to avoid MP, the police and GC who she knew called them.
Maybe..

Do you have a link for that? I have not heard anything except that it took them forty something minutes to get there

I agree Redbird. I don't know where that newsday article got its timeline from.

It is back in our original timeline thread and was reported repeatedly in various media articles that LE arrived approx 45 mins after that 5:22 phone call. The only confusion seemed to be whether that 5:22 call was from GC or BB (iirc, it was reported on the old Robin Sax site that the 5:22 call was from GC but i'm not sure this was ever clarified). Regardless of who made that 5:22 call, it was always said that LE arrived approx 45 mins later. So, according to the WS timeline previously developed, LE arrived approx 6:07 or 6:10 (not sure the cause of that 3 minute variance).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-159244.html

It's been reported she called at 5:22 and police arrived 10 minutes later.
The earliest reports put the first responding officer inside the gated community very close to 6:00 AM...like 5:50 or 5:55 AM.

AND,MP stated he looked for SG, Along the OCEAN PARKWAY,
until he gave up and left about 6:00 AM.

BB, was not quoted in the initial stories. No MSM link stated that anyone other than GC even suggested the direction that SG ran no less SAW her enter the brush...NO ONE has been quoted as saying they even saw her running other than GC, MP,and JB. All the other quoted witnesses said they heard her or saw footprints.

If there is a link stating that BB actually saw SG then it would certainly put that question to bed.

Initial reports put the police arriving closer to 6:00 AM (between 5:53 and 6:05 AM)..approximately 40 minutes after SG's 911call ended.

Initial reports put the police arriving closer to 6:00 AM (between 5:53 and 6:05 AM)..approximately 40 minutes after SG's 911call ended.

This article has GC saying police arrived about 30 minutes after he called, to which SG's family responded,"that would mean they arrived 40-45 minutes after her 4:51 911 call"
www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&es...GjPg9uoIBwbP9-ewA&sig2=Y4qxK8N0wn88FaBrSz6ytQ

This article has GC saying SG was at his door about 5:00.
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-14/...er-police-officers-canine-teams/2?_s=PM:CRIME

What I've found in these non- Newsday articles suggests police arrived at around 5:30 also.
That would be about 10 minutes after BB called, and about 18 minutes after SG's call ended.

If, of course, the info is accurate.

This article has GC saying police arrived about 30 minutes after he called, to which SG's family responded,"that would mean they arrived 40-45 minutes after her 4:51 911 call"
www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&es...GjPg9uoIBwbP9-ewA&sig2=Y4qxK8N0wn88FaBrSz6ytQ

This article has GC saying SG was at his door about 5:00.
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-14/...er-police-officers-canine-teams/2?_s=PM:CRIME

What I've found in these non- Newsday articles suggests police arrived at around 5:30 also.
That would be about 10 minutes after BB called, and about 18 minutes after SG's call ended.

If, of course, the info is accurate.

Thanks, it is all a mess. There is no way for any of us to know who is accurate...we do know that SG was on the phone with them until about 5:14 AM. If she was at GC's door, while still having an open 911 call, and he called 4 minutes before her call ended then there is a great possibility that some of her "running, screaming, and knocking" on other doors did get recorded. The time that LE says they arrived has changed about three times since the first LE rep spoke on the case details. So, who knows what the truth is.

IMO, If MP, as he stated, really was driving on the OP (" looking for SG") that he said he left around 6:00 AM because he needed to use a time that fit his leaving before LE arrived. IMO, he saw LE vehicles as he was driving away. Given that theory, the police probably did arrive between 5:55 and 6:05 AM.

Thanks, it is all a mess. There is no way for any of us to know who is accurate...we do know that SG was on the phone with them until about 5:14 AM. If she was at GC's door, while still having an open 911 call, and he called 4 minutes before her call ended then there is a great possibility that some of her "running, screaming, and knocking" on other doors did get recorded. The time that LE says they arrived has changed about three times since the first LE rep spoke on the case details. So, who knows what the truth is.

IMO, If MP, as he stated, really was driving on the OP (" looking for SG") that he said he left around 6:00 AM because he needed to use a time that fit his leaving before LE arrived. IMO, he saw LE vehicles as he was driving away. Given that theory, the police probably did arrive between 5:55 and 6:05 AM.

For all we know, she went to GC's door because she didn't know where she was and the 911 operator told her to knock on the closest door and find out.

Yes indeed and all I know is if that was my child...I would demand a copy of that 911 call. If they denied me based on NY Case Law, I would take it to the State's Attorney, the Governor and then US Attorney General's Office. I would make the biggest stink possible to get a copy of the 911 call and a written transcript (NOTORIZED as true and complete.)

I would go kickin', and screamin' and bangin' on ever NEWS Channel possible and I would contact my State Rep and State Senator...they would be so stinkin sick of me but I would do it. IF that didn't work I would start a petition to have the current law overturned or found unconstitutional. FOIA!

Yes indeed and all I know is if that was my child...I would demand a copy of that 911 call. If they denied me based on NY Case Law, I would take it to the State's Attorney, the Governor and then US Attorney General's Office. I would make the biggest stink possible to get a copy of the 911 call and a written transcript (NOTORIZED as true and complete.)

I would go kickin', and screamin' and bangin' on ever NEWS Channel possible and I would contact my State Rep and State Senator...they would be so stinkin sick of me but I would do it. IF that didn't work I would start a petition to have the current law overturned or found unconstitutional. FOIA!

And I would demand my child's remains and a death certificate unless they could give me a damn good reason why they are not giving it to me.

And I would demand my child's remains and a death certificate unless they could give me a damn good reason why they are not giving it to me.

Why isn't the press all over this? And, no comment from MG's attorney? Surely this (holding the body) isn't typical... or is it, since the investigation is still open?

Surely this (holding the body) isn't typical... or is it, since the investigation is still open?

I think that LE might have at least some grounds to say the body is evidence in an open case but I think it's completely baffling and outrageous that a parent wouldn't be allowed to hear a 911 call made by their deceased child. That really stinks.

I want to know who is friends with who in Oak Beach. Are DR H and Gus old friends? seaslug posted a photo of them sitting together at a town meeting. Who is Joe Brewer friends with? Gus and Hack act like they are not his friends. Gus said he'd rather have the DR as a neighbor, and DR said he doesn't know JB. Did MP know JB before that night? Did Pak know Dr Hackett as fluke claims? The drifter....was he a friend of JB's? Was he a friend of DR, possibly PA as suggested by fluke? Did the drifter know Pak or Shannan before that night, perhaps a previous client and thats the reason they drove all the way out to oak beach that night? Is JB friendly with his neighbor AP? Does AP attend parties at JB's house? Do AP and PA know each other? Is PA even the drifter? Could AP be the drifter? Do Hackett and AP know each other? Are they friends? Does SY know JB? Is SY friends with Dr H? Do SY and AP know each other? Who was Dr KU friendly with before he moved away? Who is SY friends with in Oak Beach? Could he be friends with FU? Who is FU friends with in Oak Beach? Are FU and DR H friends?

Why isn't the press all over this? And, no comment from MG's attorney? Surely this (holding the body) isn't typical... or is it, since the investigation is still open?

I don't really know, other than it just seems odd that they've hung onto the body so long and not even issued a death certificate. She can't be the first inconclusive death in the US but I've never heard them not release the body fairly soon after the autopsy was done. The autopsy report came out in April, I believe.

What could they be holding onto it for??? More testing later when they have more questions they need answered?? And withholding the death certificate tells me they either know something they don't want everyone to know that might have to go on the death cert, or they can't put something that isn't true and don't want to deal with that. This is all just speculation and MOO.

I think that LE might have at least some grounds to say the body is evidence in an open case but I think it's completely baffling and outrageous that a parent wouldn't be allowed to hear a 911 call made by their deceased child. That really stinks.

Maybe the 911 call is also evidence in an open case so they aren't releasing it either.

Maybe the 911 call is also evidence in an open case so they aren't releasing it either.

They might have several reasons for not releasing the call to the public, but the parent of the deceased is different - she should have the right to hear it. When I read the comments on news stories about the situation, I see one after another faulting MGs parenting, and almost none supporting her rights as a parent - maybe LE looks at it that way too. Still, I can't imagine a wealthy "upstanding citizen" being denied the right to listen to a 911 call made in connection with their offspring's demise, and the law is supposed to treat people equally even if they're not necessarily so wealthy or upstanding; maybe MG just has the wrong attorney.

"TRUE AND COMPLETE":what: I have the daily transcript sheets from a trial where it clearly says: Judge H: Mr.T, I know where you are going with this and if you do so I am going to call a mistrial. The DA responded: I understand your instructions, judge, and I am going to do so anyway.

That was on the daily sheets. I was in the courtroom when it was said. I know it happened. When reading the transcripts prepared for the appellate court that section and others was GONE.

TRUE and complete? Don't make me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member