Votes: 333 47.9%
  • To stage a kidnapping

Votes: 184 26.5%
  • Other

Votes: 178 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard criminologist discuss how one way they distinguish if the victim knew the murderer was by how the victim was found. Apparently, murderers that kill someone they know don't like to look at the face so they either turn the victim over face down or cover the face with something....

I could see this. KC is a horrible person, no doubt. But it had to be hard to look into her dead child's decomposing face.

The duct tape could also have been used to seal a white household smaller trashbag around the head and neck. Maybe that it is the white thing that the meter reader saw.

Stage a kidnapping ..

I think Caylee may have already been dead when the duct tape was wrapped around her head .. :/

I am sorry to say that IMO Caylee was perhaps (at first) just wrapped in a blanket or similar article and then the duct tape was used when Caylee was placed in the garbage bag(s) to hold her mouth shut because decomposition had begun causing swelling and protrusion of the tongue.

I sure hope there are some good prints or dna on that duct tape.

I could see this. KC is a horrible person, no doubt. But it had to be hard to look into her dead child's decomposing face.

yes, but imo only b/c it's unpleasant, not b/c it's her child.
that would take emotions i don't believe she's capable of.

I've heard criminologist discuss how one way they distinguish if the victim knew the murderer was by how the victim was found. Apparently, murderers that kill someone they know don't like to look at the face so they either turn the victim over face down or cover the face with something....

That's why I think the death process was begun with being knocked out with some drug and maybe chloroform on a cloth then something placed over the head to finish suffocation. I think Caylee finally died in the trunk sealed off with a container of chloroform filling the air. Casey also looked up inhalants. Since chloroform, duct tape, and a sealed off trunk was involved, I think Casey wanted to make sure there was a death.

Do you think the duct tape was used to silence Caylee during the murder, used to stage a kidnapping, or something else?

I vote other. I think Caylee was very upset, reacting to the fight between KC & CIndy. If indeed the fight took place, Caylee would have heard the 2 women she loved most, screaming at each other. She might have seen them push, shove, slap, pull hair, kick, choke each other. I'm sure she would have seen them crying, sobbing. This would have scared that poor child & she would have reacted by crying, really crying. Either KC just ran out with Caylee, could not calm her & not being able to take it, duct taped her mouth which resulted in her death. Or Caylee was screaming for her grandmother, Casey couldn't take it, told her to shut up, maybe spanked her, when nothing would make Caylee stop, KC duct taped her mouth to quiet her, resulting in Caylee's death.

does anyone here think that even if it was murder it might just have been simple?
casey anthony is a lazy woman and i don't give a toss what her high school physics teacher thought--she's not very bright!
sure maybe she did google chloroform .... and in that she seems to have been surgically attached to her PC and her cell i'll bet she googled all the incriminating stuff, but googling is fun for miss strutty 2008--actually getting off her wiggle machine and doing something is another matter. add to that the fact that she couldn't have researched chloroform anywhere without being reminded in HUGE letters at least 5 times that it will burn and does scar. this is not gonna look like an accident. it's gonna look like a murder.
she can't drown her in the bath either b/c anybody who's ever seen 'conspiracy theory' or 3 episodes of CSI knows that in a case of drowning in a pool there'd better be some chlorine in those lungs or the ME is gonna wanna know why dagnabit!
either she (i'm sorry but i'm gonna be blunt) duct taped caylees mouth shut so the neighbours didn't here her scream, threw her in the pool, held her down .... then realised the couldn't get the tape back off without skin coming off too so aborted the whole accident plan, or she just flipped out at the noise and strangled her.
this emotionally retarded egomaniacal monster is just too lazy and too freakin dumb to have done anything close to what you guys can come up with.
it would take effort and intellect. you have it--she doesn't!

i've posted this on another thread--sorry for any and all typos. i have a migraine and the painkillers have left me with pretty poor sight for now. again, sorry.

i was going to mention that perhaps she used the duct tape to cover her face? she didnt want to look at her face??
who knows with her...
in this poll though, im voting for staged kidnapping

Good point.

I`m not sure about the duct tape, but voted staging.

I lean towards the idea that the kidnapping story didn't gel until the 15th of July when CA brought KC home from AL's. When their mom was out of the room, KC didn't tell LA that Caylee was kidnapped. She just said she hadn't seen her in 31 days. Near that point, CA asked "who took her?" and the kidnapping story evolved from there. JMO.

So IMHO I believe the duct tape got tangled on the head during the flooding and winds, or was placed there at the time of death, not as a part of any staged kidnap.

I lean towards the idea that the kidnapping story didn't gel until the 15th of July when CA brought KC home from AL's. When their mom was out of the room, KC didn't tell LA that Caylee was kidnapped. She just said she hadn't seen her in 31 days. Near that point, CA asked "who took her?" and the kidnapping story evolved from there. JMO.

So IMHO I believe the duct tape got tangled on the head during the flooding and winds, or was placed there at the time of death, not as a part of any staged kidnap.

Re: above in bold... I thought CA said "what did you do to her"?

I voted other.

I think the duct tape was used to keep the body from 'leaking', and then to keep the bag shut. I don't think she duct taped anything for murder reasons or staging.

I have to admit I'm so tired of reading that the duct tape was on caylee's skull and therefore casey must have put it there on her head. The body was completey skeletonized, meaning ONLY BONES, the duct tape wouldn't have stayed in place on the head even if put there before the body decomposed. That bag was thrashes around in a flood of water and a tropical storm for 5 months, that duct tape would not have been able to stay put through it all right where it was left, even after the skin it was stuck on dissappeared. I just don't see the logic in thinking casey put tape on caylee's head before disposing of her body.

I find it hard to vote when we don't yet know where the duct tape was found. We don't even know for sure there was duct tape "wrapped" around her head. There was a post on another thread from someone who said they heard from a reliable source that duct tape was wrapped several times - around her mouth, nose and eyes. That would completely change things for me.

I do not believe it was to stage a kidnapping, because I also believe that she didn't make that story up until Lee confronted her on July 15th. Could it have been to silence her...or to hold chloroform in place? Perhaps. But I would choose to reserve judgement until we learn more. If forced, I would choose "other" for now.

Wasn't it reported that Casey was seen early July 16 pacing talking on the phone to Tony??She was infront of a Motel or something?? I believe Cindy and her had the fight, sometime after that she downloaded the film (or we wouldn't know it was July 15.) Then after George got home around 11. She waited till they went to sleep. She put tape on Caylee to hush her, and since she couldn't place her in her Car seat with duct tape, she placed her in the trunk. Drives away, pulls over talks to Tony and checks on Caylee.. its to late ..she just closes the trunk..deal with it another day.
She begins to create Zanny, to her friends. She dodges people who would expect her to have Caylee. She is acting like everything in her world was just fine. She was on vacation..the nanny was watching Caylee. She wrapped Caylee in her bedclothes and placed her in the trunk. Casey never thought about how it would smell.She stays with Tony 16 evening and late on the 17th. The 18th starting to smell .She waits makes sure no one is home..backs into the garage, She then scoops the body in the bag and uses the same tape she used to tape Caylee's mouth. The shop-vac is used and she later buries the vac-dust in the back yard. Washes her hands off in the pool. Drives down the road headed to Tony's , stops and carries the bag in to the woods. Wouldn't she have had to cradle the bag to keep it from ripping?? God, that is horrible! I say the tape was used to quiet Caylee. Zenida visited Sawgrass on the 17. Casey saw her there and got the description of her car. The plot of the Nanny had been going on for several months .
She used work to get out to go party. Cindy and George, JG parents ,her friends.

I believe charges will be brought against other A family, Monday and the death penalty will be back on the table.
GA and CA did no more to protect Caylee than Kelsey Briggs mother did. Mrs Smith got 18 years for enabling child abuse. IMO

Wow you guys! I must be in la la land. I just figured that the duct tape was used to seal the bag shut. :blushing::doh:

I'm a little late here but I think it was to seal the bag shut too. We have heard that it was over Caylee's mouth and then that it was around her head and over her mouth...I guess...but haven't heard a direct quote from LE. I would think that the bag would have had to be sealed shut or everything would have fallen out of it when the body was being carried from the car to the woods. Maybe the tape came loose from the bag and ended up around her head and mouth with the movement of the water when it was so high.

Does anyone know if the ME would be able to determine if the duct tape was placed on Caylee before or after death if no tissue was left on the remains?

Maybe the hair left on the tape wont show the death bands. It would be hard to cut tape, place it on and in the bag with out leaving some prints. I hope the tape is the smoking gun that takes all mystery as to how, why, when awaY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann