Poll: Why did Garrido bring Jaycee to the PO office?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Garrido brought Jaycee along to the PO's office?

• He was tired of running and wanted to get caught

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • He saw the opportunity for his 15 min of fame

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • He thought LE would believe his lies that she was his niece

Votes: 103 65.6%
  • Other ideas

Votes: 39 24.8%

• Total voters
I really disagree, I do not think the report shows that. I'll give you that it is unclear.

Anthro... we can just agree to disagree. I think they started with the same story. Garrido had no idea they would all be separated. Jaycee was questioned and came up with story #2 because she was cornered. I don't see that as so difficult to explain because obviously Jaycee did not just come up with that story off the top of her head. I think Garrido had been slowly giving her more freedom and they could have even talked about some of these things before the Berkeley incident. It makes sense to me that Garrido had come up with the MN abused housewife story because he was developing a sort of acceptable identity for Jaycee. Unfortunately, the Berkeley cops knew the girls were calling him daddy so then he had to say they all three were his brothers' daughters. I don't know why he took them in with him - maybe there is info missing, or maybe it is like I said, he thought it was a no brainer. Just go in for a bit and then they go back home.

I appreciate your input, Time. As you may be able to tell, I'm the sort of person who HATES not knowing certain things :) I'm just going to have to mull all of this over. I agree that it's certainly possible you're right on some (or all) accounts.

I, too, have thought about how long they were questioned. I think after all was said and done it was at least full work day that they were there.

Snipped by me. I think so, too. Didn't Carl and Tina both say that it was evening when Terry got the call from LE about Jaycee being recovered?

Remember Berkeley PD told his PO that PG had two daughters with him and his PO said that they must be his grandchildren because PG doesn't have any kids. I'm afraid comparing his intelligence to Barney is too much of a compliment.

Awhile back I remember reading that the PO was searching missing persons online while the Concord PD officer was interviewing PG. Her picture came up on the screen at the same time the officer came out of the room from interviewing PG. So at that point they both knew the other PO was in the room with Jaycee. He said she looked the same.

he looked up the photo on the computer then he got the call saying jaycee was sitting across from the p.o.
he didnt have time to contact the p.o.
jaycee had already spilled the beans

I appreciate your input, Time. As you may be able to tell, I'm the sort of person who HATES not knowing certain things :) I'm just going to have to mull all of this over. I agree that it's certainly possible you're right on some (or all) accounts.

Thanks... I guess I am just not certain what others are trying to get at with all of this? Is it looking for some indication that Jaycee tipped them off on purpose?

Awhile back I remember reading that the PO was searching missing persons online while the Concord PD officer was interviewing PG. Her picture came up on the screen at the same time the officer came out of the room from interviewing PG. So at that point they both knew the other PO was in the room with Jaycee. He said she looked the same.

That was a commanding officer at the Concorde police station that was looking online, not the PO.

Snipped by me. I think so, too. Didn't Carl and Tina both say that it was evening when Terry got the call from LE about Jaycee being recovered?

carl said that shayna called him at about 4 pm (pacific i assume) and told him that 'mom has something to tell you, i hope your sitting down.' and the fbi had called terry while she was still at work, as a secretary at a school, so proobably 2 or 3 at the latest id say

If that was rehearsed, then there is NO reason for PG to be telling a completely different story. And it doesn't sound as if he was questioned nearly to the extent that the women were.

Yes there is...he paused before he answered.... the dummy forgot which cover story was going to be used :loser:

Lol

I think I.G. Shaw was careful about the details regarding the initial accounts given by JC and PG, right down to the details of JC "laughingly" explaining she's often mistaken as the girls sister and PG "thought about it for a moment".

I, too, have thought about how long they were questioned. I think after all was said and done it was at least full work day that they were there. But, I think the initial questioning that Shaw outlined in his report was within a matter of about the first 20 minutes after they all arrived in Concord.

I think JC was given guidelines or a script by PG about what to say. I don't know that PG was trying to get caught. I'm not assuming anything. I'm just curious about the major hiccup in their stories. There's a reason that PG's story differed from JC's, I just want to know what it is. There's really no need to debate it, the report clearly shows the initial stories were different.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't their appt with the PO set for 1:30? I thought I remembered reading that in the first report that came out?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't their appt with the PO set for 1:30? I thought I remembered reading that in the first report that came out?

meeting and reveleations had to be pretty early. terry knew by about 3, carl by 4, and tina by about 5

Yes there is...he paused before he answered.... the dummy forgot which cover story was going to be used :loser:

Lol

LOL Yeah. That was important information he reported. He was saying that obviously PG was not being truthful. LOL

meeting and reveleations had to be pretty early. terry knew by about 3, carl by 4, and tina by about 5

I don't think the revelations took long at all!!! I have a feeling they knew everything within 2 hours!

I really can't believe he wanted to be caught.

When he brought everyone to the PO in concord, I really think his thoughts were that he would just give a little spiel and they would all walk out of there and go home..

:dance: Agreed.
Incredible that PG was so out of touch with people --- anybody --- that he
didn't recognize the trap.

I don't remember seeing what time the appointment was, it's been awhile. But in my post you quoted I meant to say half a work day. My bad. :)

I don't remember seeing what time the appointment was, it's been awhile. But in my post you quoted I meant to say half a work day. My bad. :)

Not at all. If you are like me your brain goes faster than your fingers do. ;-)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back