Poll: Why did Garrido bring Jaycee to the PO office?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Garrido brought Jaycee along to the PO's office?

• He was tired of running and wanted to get caught

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • He saw the opportunity for his 15 min of fame

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • He thought LE would believe his lies that she was his niece

Votes: 103 65.6%
  • Other ideas

Votes: 39 24.8%

• Total voters
I still think there is a connection in jim and pgs past. As someone stated, what in the heck are all these parolees doing socializing?? That is usually a big no-no!!!

There is definitely some connection! And I don't want to go into it again in this thread, since we've beat it to death over in the Molino thread, but your second comment is absolutely correct and just shows another "overlooked", "turn the other way", or "don't give a ****", attitude and lack of performance by all of these parolee's parole officers. :banghead:

Remember that old Rolling Stones (I think!) song "She's under my thumb." That's exactly what I think happened. He believed that Jaycee was completely under his influence,completely under his control, that it would NEVER occur to her to turn him in.

Remember that old Rolling Stones (I think!) song "She's under my thumb." That's exactly what I think happened. He believed that Jaycee was completely under his influence,completely under his control, that it would NEVER occur to her to turn him in.

She didn't turn him in, he turned himself in.

YAY!! My favorite Stones song! :) If he brought her because he had confidence she wouldn't turn him in, why wouldn't he clue her in as to what the story was?

I also want to add that another peculiar detail is that PG's first order of business upon being arrested was to contact the media (Gray) and not to retain counsel....

Questioning of Dugard, Garrido detailed

Later that day, two parole agents drove to Garrido's home near Antioch, handcuffed him and searched the house, the report says. They found only Garrido's wife, Nancy, and his elderly mother. On a drive to the parole office, Garrido said the two girls "were the daughters of a relative and that he had permission from their parents to take them to the university."

:waitasec: So Garrido maybe dropped the girls off to be baby sat by Cheyvonne? So, do you think Garrido mabye called Cheyvonne from Berkeley to see if he could do that? How else, would she know it was exactly 30 minutes since he was in Berekley? Hmmmmm?

So, while I don't think it was his intent to give himself up at that moment, he eventually was going to, and the situation changed to the point where PG set in motion his eventual plan.

Excellent thoughts ... although I tend to believe that while Garrido was preparing for a possible arrest, he was not going to give himself up. It looks to me like her intended on confessing to the world that he had done the 1996 rape and kidnapping and had cured himself, not that he was going to confess to more. I think he started to see that his plan to blend Jaycee and the girls into society was problematic, he was losing control or would lose control. Who knows, this in itself could have started driving him over the edge. Then the Berkeley incident where one of the girls revealed an older sister and told them her age and their ages. Then it all unraveled....

My only question is why a self gratifying, sexual predator, who is a selfish, dominant, abusive "person" would purposely give up everything on purpose. I really believe that he wanted absolution. Having had so much freedom and lack of censure to his activity all these years he felt above reproach. He had been taking the girls out into the public more often, exposing them to more people and situations.

To me by bringing them to the PO that day, he was legitimizing the situation. After all, he "knew" his manifesto was going to become public and "these people" were going to come forward to testify on his behalf, so his "secret" had to be in the open and sanctioned.

Why after all these years of LE blunders would he think he was anything other than home free?

You are saying many things: on one hand I hear you saying he felt beyond reproach - He handed in his manifesto... IMO There is total arrogance in that.
On the other hand you are saying he wanted absolution having had so many of the LE mess up he may as well try making it all legit - IMO there is total arrogance in that too.

from all I have been reading...I come away that "getting away with" whatever he is up to, is part of a thrill for him.
It is part of letting us know he is smarter then LE.
Actually in some way he is right he was smarter then LE.
The more he got away with the more liberties he entertained.
IMO it is just more arrogance...he was in some way daring them, more and more: daring them = unconsciously wanting to get caught. JMO
I do not think he wanted to make thing right with the Law or with God.
He wanted it the way he wanted it, his way.
He knew the game and dared everyone in his path. He knew the short comings of LE in CCC, and played it to the hilt.
the Manifesto In His Mind would have given him some fame.
Maybe he is right on that too, but fame came first, and the manifesto will just be evidence against him.

JMHO

:waitasec: So Garrido maybe dropped the girls off to be baby sat by Cheyvonne? So, do you think Garrido mabye called Cheyvonne from Berkeley to see if he could do that? How else, would she know it was exactly 30 minutes since he was in Berekley? Hmmmmm?

I think the girls were in the back, back yard with Jaycee at that time.

The only thing I could find that sound like that was this, BBM:
Molino said people believed Garrido had serious problems, which some had attributed to an accident years before. "I can't say. Sometimes he'd go around singing. He'd say 'Jesus loves you,' but then there are a lot of people that talk about their religion. There weren't any signs that he was abnormal up to the day he decided to let us know what his secret was, that he had taken Jaycee 18 years earlier."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/01/earlyshow/main5278990.shtml

Is that it, song?

ETA: Very interesting that CM is trying to throw NG under the bus here!

"But for her to go along with this, I feel like she might even be the mastermind behind this."

thanks anthroamy this IS one of the links YES. There is another one where she seems to know he is a sex deviant because they "talked about it" so she knew his secret.
The words I put into a quote is definitely what I had seen, but the essence of what I am saying I cant quote.

I think the girls were in the back, back yard with Jaycee at that time.

That could very well be, but WHY did PG stop at JM's with the girls. And how exactly did Cheyvonne know that they had been in Berkeley exactly 30 minutes ago? He had to have called her from there and arrived at wherever the heck she was 30 minutes later.

"I saw them 30 minutes after they left Berkeley" and she goes on to say they were in jeans and t'shirts, etc. and looked normal.

And if he did call her, and it wasn't to drop the girls off. What the heck is he calling Cheyvonne Molino for, looking for a used water pump? lol

That could very well be, but WHY did PG stop at JM's with the girls. And how exactly did Cheyvonne know that they had been in Berkeley exactly 30 minutes ago? He had to have called her from there and arrived at wherever the heck she was 30 minutes later.

"I saw them 30 minutes after they left Berkeley" and she goes on to say they were in jeans and t'shirts, etc. and looked normal.

And if he did call her, and it wasn't to drop the girls off. What the heck is he calling Cheyvonne Molino for, looking for a used water pump? lol

Drugs?? Money?? I have no clue, but I shudder at the thought that he would leave them at the auto yard with all the guys around there. Good point though as he may have thought his parole officer would be there!!! Good sleuthing!!!

The funny thing is that even if Garrido wanted to get caught, which I seriously doubt, he would have to basically pry his PO's eyes open with a crow bar to get him to see what was so absurdly obvious. I've said it before, but what the PO told the Berkeley police officer still blows my mind in how outrageously stupid this officer is. It's unbelievable! Garrido knew his parole officers, past and present, were stuck on stupid. Why wouldn't he think they would fall for another absurd ruse one more time? Why would he give up his most prized victim, Dugard so easily? He wouldn't. He just probably assumed Dugard would tell the truth when they isolated her from Nancy and tried to cut his losses.

Read the following, in which the PO *dismisses* Jacobs' concerns about the daughters, which Garrido had claimed to her and Campbell, by ignorantly claiming Garrido had no children reality be damned, and then goes on to say maybe they're his grandchildren! How is it even humanly possible to have grandchildren without having had children?!

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-kidnapped-officer29-2009aug29,0,7825322.story

"The parole officer, whom she did not identify, called Jacobs back and told her Garrido had no children. Maybe they were grandchildren, she said he suggested."

I just realized that link no longer works. I'll try and find another article but that's exactly what the article stated originally (I had it copied to my bookmarks section).

That is normal behaviour, when confronted with unexpected information your brain automatically searches for an answer. It doesn't need to make sense, and nonsensicle answers are quickly eliminated. It sounds like all he was doing was thinking out aloud. Unless you are trying to suggest that he doesn't know where children come from.

Also, people aren't tape recorders, the Berkeley officer may just not remember accurately. When it comes to semantics or specific words, unless it is physically recorded, any recollection is suspect. This is the reason why minutes are taken in meetings, because people's recollections of what was said are allmost allways out of sync.

Another point to make here: I think it would take longer than 30 minutes to get from UC Berkeley to Pittsburg or Antioch. I think she would have met them somewhere.

Google Map's best estimate for getting to Piitsburg from Cal is 40 minutes, no traffic, no endless stopping for pedestrians around campus (LOL). Not to mention that he was there the day before classes started, so the campus area would have been packed.

As I saw it unfold, it seemed to me that by the time Cheyvonne did that CBS interview, it was obvious that she was either outright lying or seriously exaggerating about almost everything having to do with Philip Garrido, with the daughters, and with Jaycee.

Her first couple of interviews were the most truthful, in my opinion, but it didn't take her long to attempt to capitalize on the whole situation.

One could tell by watching her most current interview as they unfolded, that she was simply devouring every ounce of news she could get, whether it was from the local news, the online news and forums, or the gossip line in Pittsburg and Antioch.

Other than the girls attending her daughter's birthday party, and having those photos, she really didn't know much more than anyone else. It was one of her employees that he had given one of his manifestos to. She may or may not have known that prior to the reporters descending on J&M.

I believe she was lying about ever being in the Garrido house. She was never there, imo. She never encountered Jaycee, imo. As she said in the beginning, she only knew about the daughters this summer. So, imo, she later lied about watching the daughters the whole time they were growing up.

Her lies grew day by day. She put a target on her own back. Hence, the raids. I saw lots of things that were being done wrong, by her, by the Cities, by the County, and by the State. Just crazy.

nora... I wasn't following Cheyvonne's comments all that closely at the time. Did she start telling Jaycee to fess up after she (could have) lied about how much she saw her?

nora... I wasn't following Cheyvonne's comments all that closely at the time. Did she start telling Jaycee to fess up after she (could have) lied about how much she saw her?
Yes. Almost everything was after it had been reported, and then she would just spin it her way.

And PG was right about Jaycee. She stuck with him to the bitter end. It seems a little sad that she did, but that's a measure of 18 years of isolation, domination and indoctrination all from the tender age of 11. If there is one small consolation it's this: for all the things Jaycee now feels guilt about she can't feel guilty for putting Garrido behind bars. He put himself there. That must be the biggest irony out of the whole 18 year madness.

The funny thing is that even if Garrido wanted to get caught, which I seriously doubt, he would have to basically pry his PO's eyes open with a crow bar to get him to see what was so absurdly obvious. I've said it before, but what the PO told the Berkeley police officer still blows my mind in how outrageously stupid this officer is. It's unbelievable! Garrido knew his parole officers, past and present, were stuck on stupid. Why wouldn't he think they would fall for another absurd ruse one more time? Why would he give up his most prized victim, Dugard so easily? He wouldn't. He just probably assumed Dugard would tell the truth when they isolated her from Nancy and tried to cut his losses.

Read the following, in which the PO *dismisses* Jacobs' concerns about the daughters, which Garrido had claimed to her and Campbell, by ignorantly claiming Garrido had no children reality be damned, and then goes on to say maybe they're his grandchildren! How is it even humanly possible to have grandchildren without having had children?!

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-kidnapped-officer29-2009aug29,0,7825322.story

"The parole officer, whom she did not identify, called Jacobs back and told her Garrido had no children. Maybe they were grandchildren, she said he suggested."

this is why i said heneeded a sex ed class a few weeks ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu
Back