Poll: Would you buy it? The A's WILL write a book....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would you buy the A's book?

• Yes

Votes: 51 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 604 87.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 33 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will it be classified as fiction?

I'm thinking that would be the best place to put it - or maybe True Crime.

If a dear little child's life had not been stolen due to these people and their terrible daughter (not to mention the cover up of other thefts), I would have put it in Humor, because their inflated sense of self-importance and entitlement is hilariously delusional and ridiculous (in an Adams family, Gary Larson kind of way).

I think BC should have coined a new category "Pub-illicit-y Stunt". Yeesh!

I find it amusing that nearly 88% of the people that have voted in the poll, and who are obviously members of this forum (you have to sign in to vote), have voted "no" in buying a book written by Cindy. By the shear number of visitors to each thread, and the endless speculations by members, it would seem that most if not all who voted "no" are the same ones who will actually end up buying the book, if for nothing less than to provide fodder for further speculations and perhaps even personal attacks against the family.

I predict based upon data from the threads it would be a number 1 seller.

Perhaps the publisher will feel some sense of responsibility and print "FICTION" on the binding.

Oh baloney. All you people - as much as I respect all your prior postings and well thought out arguments and in depth research - are having knee-jerk reactions which will eventually become "uh... lemme see this here thing..." curiosities. You may not BUY it (and I certainly won't buy it, because I don't have twenty bucks to spare on stuff that doesn't feed my family), but you'll read it. You'll read excepts on the internet. You'll listen to excerpts on wesh.com or the radio, you'll come here and read what other people are saying about the book after THEY'VE bought it, and all your protesting will have been for naught.

The Anthonys will profit. And it's horrible and sad and tragic. But imagine that nobody even buys the book.. they still get an advance for writing it, maybe five grand. If 10,000 people are interested in the case and don't consider the "blood money" factor of it, they make more. If they resell the book there is more. If they rerprint the book, there is more. If they sell rights, there is more. And with all the fascination with the case, they make more.

As noble as we all may wish to be for the sake of Caylee, this child who deserves all of our strength and love and truth and courage - there will still be blood money paid... by us, in some form or another.

It's gonna happen - you will spend the money, you will buy the book. And you will line their pockets. But know this - you WILL read it, then you WILL be that much more informed, then you WILL choose to use that information with which you are now armed, and you WILL spread the truth behind the lies. You WILL fight for Caylee. You WILL know all that there is to know about the lies, so that your truth WILL be that much more powerful.

Do not censor, but rather use their own momentum against them. And you will win the war, not the battle.

Aim small, miss small.

Aim big, hit big.

Yes, especially after following the case closely since its onset, it would be almost impossible to avoid the book. I would want to know what they wrote. I would read a copy off the Library shelf because curiousity would get the best of me. Seriously, I would need all my fellow websleuthers nearby to calm my screams in reaction to the unjust claims and outright lies that I anticipate would be within the pages of this book.

Based on principle, peeps don't want the A's to profit off of the tragedy of Caylee's death in any way; it's clear to me that you understand that too. :blowkiss:

Will it be classified as fiction?

It would have to be. Remember that big controversy about a book entitled A Million Little Pieces (underlined) by J. Frye? He appeared on Oprah. His book was classified as an Autobiography but because it contained some stretched truths and creative additions he ran into trouble.

I felt the publisher should have taken the blame as they approved it and marketed it. Frye first tried to get it out as a Memoir iirc. This book had me jumping out of my skin - I thought it was great.

When I said "you will buy it', I was speaking of the proverbial 'you', not you guys personally, nobody here in particular. I meant the general population. I meant people will buy it. Sorry about the confusion, I've admitted before I'm not a very good writer and don't communicate my thoughts so clearly sometimes. Just to be clear, I wasn't telling anybody what to do.

I never said I would buy it myself, as somebody here accused me of saying, in fact I even said I wouldn't spend $20 on something that doesn't feed my family. I've never bought a People or Star magazine in my life, and I'm certainly not going to start now with the crap they'd put out.

Let's see, ... um, I have a friend who falls for all kinds of scams, all the time. She got into one of those multi-level marketing schemes and thought she was going to make a lot of money. She totally believes that the brown water she sees during her ionic foot baths is poison toxins that are seeping out of her body. She attends every metaphysical fair that comes to town so she can get her lavender scents and crystals and astrology charts. She believes organic food contains more vitamins than non organic foods. She invests hundreds and hundreds of dollars in things that make her "feel" good, that she swears she heard somewhere might save her from the troubles in her life, and then has the nerve to complain that she can't afford to take her kids to dinner. And every time she comes up with something else which is either harmful to her, robs her of her hard earned money, or is otherwise just plain stupid, I make sure I'm as well read-up on it as I can possibly be, so I can present information to her from all angles. Scientific fact. I go so far as to read Organic.com looking for their falsified hopes so that I can point to it and say to her "here's what they say. here's why it's not true." And before you accuse me of a being a nosey-body and why dont' I just let my friend be --- it's because she comes to me SEEKING my help when she has lost her money. "What went wrong, why didn't I see this coming? Help me". And I do.

That's all I'm trying to do here. Have any - ANY - resource of information available to me, so that when somebody in my office three years from now says "have you heard about this book? that poor girl, look what her parents are going through!", I can say "yes, I know the book. And here's why it's not true." These are the people I'm afraid of, the ones who have not followed the case like we all have, who haven't read the factual reports, who have only been presented with one side of the story and that book will become a factor. I'm sure of it. And these are the people who will not go and read 5000 pages of police reports looking for the truth. They're not going to come here and read through gazillions of threads on each and every single topic. They want the story in a nutshell. Those are the people I'm worried about, those are the ones that are going to buy the book.

My point was, IF the book deal is done... then a book will be written, it will be all lies, it will be sold, it will be purchased, the public will buy it, the lazy minded will believe it, and GOD .... I want to be able to face those people and say NO. IT'S .. NOT ... TRUE...

But to offer them to read police reports and pages of court transcripts, that's not the ammunition that'll work on people who want it in a nutshell. See what I'm saying? If I read the book (NOT BOUGHT IT BUT READ IT), I could point-for-point, in a nutshell, explain every single lie in it. And I can do that because I have read the court documents, I've whittled through thousands of threads, I've watched the videos, I've heard the audio tapes, I've seen the dockets, and ... and.. I've read the book.

Please understand that I would never try and tell you guys what to do. You are all brilliant and such great thinkers and writers, and I could never profess to be anything close to that. I'm sure my words were "misconstrued" - ok not funny. sorry.

i can look people inb the eye and say, 'No, it's not true, NOW!"

The As are incapable of versimilitude.

Brini, you caused me to think of another point that gets me furious; the timing of this talk about a book. How in the heck could they concentrate on a book when the whole case (which to them should be more than painful - debilitating) is far from being over. And they're thinking about a book? Incomprehensible!

Brini, you caused me to think of another point that gets me furious; the timing of this talk about a book. How in the heck could they concentrate on a book when the whole case (which to them should be more than painful - debilitating) is far from being over. And they're thinking about a book? Incomprehensible!

I think that's exactly why they have timed it as they have. Because they are hoping that with the doc dumps and Cindy's 21 hours in depo, etc that they might catch some uninformed people out there who don't follow the case but who might stop and think "oh how awful...these poor people lost their granddaughter tragically and their daugther is in jail for a crime she didn't commit....I think I would like to read this book."

Just another way to take attention from what they don't want and direct it toward something they think will work in their favor. IMO.

This is the book:

Our terrible ordeal; the day the invisible nanny took off out of nowhere with our granddaughter and noone reported her missing for 31 days (don't do that).

We waited and waited and she never came home. She was then found dead down the block after we insisted to all the generous search parties and LE that she was alive and would be walking through the door at any minute but particularly before her third birthday. We really gave the authorities grief; they had the audacity to suggest we were wrong and that Caylee may be dead. Well they were right but we were hoping for the best. Now that Caylee's would be fourth birthday is approaching, we are certain Caylee is dead but nevermind we cannot find the killer. It is not her mother - that, we know for sure. Never blame your own daughter for the killing of your granddaughter. That is the number one rule to follow when your grandkid goes missing. If anyone tries to lend you a constructive hand, make them feel like bad guys and take money from them. Let's see, what else? Oh yes, carry a big hammer at all times. THE END

oops,don't forget the paragraph about how the lazy public wouldn't get off their rears and the media speculation put the nails in Caylee's coffin.:rolleyes:

Oh, I'm excited now! I forgot to write the last chapter - the one where the whole truth and nothing but the truth comes out. All guilty parties receive their just rewards.

I know, after the A's finish their book, we'll get to add the - what's that called - a chapter at the end of the book that is added at a later date. It will tell the rest of the story - the one about how the original authors were thrown in the clink for obstructing justice and who knows what else. That will be the ultimate moral of the book.

This thread is about whether or not you would buy the book. We are not writing the chapters to the book ....

No, no way. A book written by the Anthonys would be all fiction and full of lies. Why spend good money on a book that we know is all bull chit :mad:

I voted no, however I do believe that I would buy it if I saw it in a thrift store, knowing that none of my money went to them and would only go to the thrift store and whatever charity the store was linked with. And if there is any justice in this world if we have to see them get a book deal, we will soon find copies in a Dollar Store. I wouldn't buy it there, because I don't want them to get even one cent of my money, but if it is there, you know no one else was buying it!

Nah over a year of lies is enough for this Momma..someone should read it and make a cliff's notes version, FAST. Sell that book and donate it to a scholarship fund for Caylee or something of the sort.

NO, I don't want them getting a penny of my hard-earned money. KC is already wasting my tax dollars!

Absolutely, positively, emphatically, unequivocally NOT, EVER.

I'll 'fess up: I voted 'Yes'.

I'll pick it up at the used book store or from the B&N bargain bin. I'm curious about all aspects of this case, including unpopular viewpoints.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153
Back