Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
some of those mine shafts look to far from the road to carry her unless she was alive and made to walk up to one, then shot/pushed in it.

The only thing I can think of at this point is that they are trying to pressure Josh. But I don't think it's working. He seemed cool as a cucumber in his interview and said everything you would think a very wounded man, angry two years after his wife skipped out, would say.

I am certain her killed her but I don't know that this is the way to crack him. None of this makes sense to me.

No, a little further north where the light colored road takes off to the right.

Are we sure they're not in Ruth, another huge copper mine (visible in Google maps)....just 4-5 miles west of town, on US-50?

Apologies if this has been asked/answered: How far is the search site from where the Powells were living when Susan went missing? Thanks.

if they do find her in one of those deep mine shafts can you imagine how they are going to process that scene? One person probably at a time, photographer first, forensic collector next, det next, ME next, the person to remove the bones. Just mind boggling.

Apologies if this has been asked/answered: How far is the search site from where the Powells were living when Susan went missing? Thanks.

I put maps down below...but basically, 452 or 544 miles (depending on the route).

Since they're searching along US-50, it looks like he would have driven towards Delta, Utah and then west.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Cops are done searching this section. They're moving to another, more treacherous, location. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
2 minutes ago

you know the killer could have put her near a shaft and placed a lot of rocks on top of her if there were two people involved.

I just can't believe that they would be doing this search in the manner that they are if nothing significant were at the end.

I really hope you are right because I am very baffled. What LE agency takes the media to a search? Or a crime scene? And in such a manner? "Well, we can't tell you anything at our nonsensical press conference but follow us into the desert to look at several, different mine shafts. Walk single file. Let's go." I am confused and hope this is not a Geraldo, Al Capone's vault type thing.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
The cops' actions suggest they're looking in a mineshaft. Asked about it, they won't comment. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
1 minute ago

If they are physically looking at a variety of mines, then they must not know where she is or that she is there for sure...

And what if they DO see bones? Are they going to let the press look and photograph them? I am not understanding this at all...

lwhitehurst Lindsay Whitehurst
#SusanPowell search: WVC police rappelling down abandoned #Nevada mine shafts to in gravel pit area abt 5m west of Ely #findsusan @sltrib

jenniferstagg Jennifer Stagg
The mine shaft that has definitely been breached #findsusan @KSL5TV http://t.co/44qJ0Ei

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back