Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard earlier someone mention on the news that they never mentioned Ely before nor been there. Might have been their friend on the news.

Yes, I hope someone is sweating bullets!

How are they searching?? Putting camera's in or what??? That part I don't understand.

I am totally lost about the secrecy order...why it was issued, who isn't allowed to tell what, etc...and what would be the reason...

OT, my kidney is about to explode...LOL I have to not void for an ultra sound at 2:10

I bet they have already found her. This is all for Josh and trying to get him to talk or run. It has worked so far, they have gotten him to talk.

Yep! I said that from the get-go. That's what I honestly believe. But they did get a tip.....

Yep! I said that from the get-go. That's what I honestly believe. But they did get a tip.....

You mean they think he's going to crack and break down to admit it today? If they have already found her, why would they even need that?

But if they already know where she is, why are they looking at/into mines, plural, per some reports?

Mr. Cox says he is going to court next week on the restraining order. If Susans' remains are found, and JP is arrested, I see no problem with the Cox family being given custody of the kids....without JP being arrested, the Cox family have to play by whatever rules Josh says they have to, don't they?

This is my thought as well. And judging by the disgusting way Josh's father speaks about Susan, I think a judge would gladly give the boys to the Cox family.

Sadly, I believe it is likely that the kids would stay with the Powells, should Josh be arrested. That's because that's where they have been, in school, etc., for almost two years. Unless it can be shown that they are in real, actual danger there, or otherwise that his family cannot care for them, the Cox family may have a real hard time getting custody. Visitation is another matter, however.

That phrase caught me indicat. I now want to hear the presser again. I'm thinking there might have been something said "directly" to perp.

My thinking is they have something or know for sure what they will find and they want the press there so they can't be accused of tampering:waitasec:

I really don't think the LE are misleading anyone. They sure are getting beat up verbally by reporters on twitter, even Josh's brother-in-law too.

You just wouldn't make this as big as it is for nothing. The LE seemed very confident. I like that.

I hope they found her!

I can't believe they would contaminate a crime scene by taking reporters. This is really bizzare!

What the heck is going on? Who brings media to a search site and in such a secretive manner? None of this seems right. I can only imagine it is a ploy to scare Josh into revealing something and that they already have what they need but it really doesn't make sense because once the reporters get wherever they are going and see nothing, they will immediately report that. And if they take them to a real crime scene, that would be outside of any protocols I can conceive of. I feel like I am in a dream right now. I don't know what's real.

I hope this isn't some elaborate scheme directed by JP - he's giving info to somebody he suspects might be relaying info the cops so he sets them and the cops up with a "sting" of his own. He relays info that gets relayed back to the cops and they go looking - and all the while JP is sitting back laughing his tail off, knowing it just makes him look even more innocent when they find nothing.

I just can't believe that they would be doing this search in the manner that they are if nothing significant were at the end.

If they found her and can tie Josh to it I so look forward to the search warrant on his fathers home since he took all of Susan's stuff there.

jenniferstagg Jennifer Stagg
Just heard searchers say the next mine shaft has been breached for sure #findsusan @KSL5TV

This is a mine shaft easily accessible by the road. Some can be as deep as 100 or more feet deep #findsusan @KSL5TV http://t.co/kxAvxdV

Again, who takes reporters to a potential crime scene or to a search? This is beyond bizarre. I don't get it and I don't like it.

Just heard searchers say the next mine shaft has been breached for sure #findsusan @KSL5TV

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back