Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think it was for nothing, this has got to be part of the plan. And the officer had to change his clothes? There is way more to this then we know yet.

The murderer probably changed his clothes too, left them with Susan? Letting him know they found them or reminding him?

jenniferstagg Jennifer Stagg
Just arrived to a gravel pit up a small canyon #findsusan

Must be real close. Off to google maps.

How awesome would it be if a Jack Russell Terrier ended up being the detective that put Josh Powell in prison?

Sammie, a two and a half-year-old female Jack Russell terrier got away from her owner, Mike Carlgren, and chased an animal he did not see. Lost, the small dog fell about 40 feet into an abandoned mineshaft located off U.S. Highway 50, just west of the tunnel above the gravel pit.

http://www.elynews.com/articles/2011/08/04/news/news11.txt

The report stated the mine shaft was too unstable for men to go into to rescue the dog.
I don't think Susan's remains were found there unless in the gravel pit itself.
Glad the dog was alright! :)

doesn't someone need to ask for the order? who would have asked for the gag if the police want this public?

Purely speculating here -- I'm guessing it's part of they dance. They know they're going to find something but they cannot say what it is at this time. Calling the media out to a remote location simply for the sake of transparency is virtually unheard of...

This is the first time we have been here to follow up on information that has lead us out here," said Mike Powell, no relation to Susan Powell. "Detectives have made a preemptive drive out here to see what it was that we may be looking at in the event that we did come out here."

Mike Powell said police felt it was "important...to involve the media in the process.""We will be able to allow the media to follow detectives as they are out conducting their follow up," Mike Powell said. "Part of that follow up is going to include searches and those detectives are actively conducting those searches at this point."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52413989-78/powell-susan-police-mike.html.csp

How close is this to the area where they supposedly camped? Is it within distance of him being able to dump her body? I haven't been following as close as some of you. Thanks...

The murderer probably changed his clothes too, left them with Susan? Letting him know they found them or reminding him?

I really hope that was a message for the perp, that would be so deserved. I hope he is crapping in his pants.

From the Salt Lake Tribune (CLICK HERE
West Valley City Police Sgt. Mike Powell said during a 10 a.m. news conference that five detectives from his department and a total of 40 investigators will assist in a search of "several areas" outside of town.

"This is the first time we have been here to follow up on information that has lead us out here," said Mike Powell, no relation to Susan Powell. "Detectives have made a preemptive drive out here to see what it was that we may be looking at in the event that we did come out here."

BLM rangers are assisting, so it's likely national forest property. I'm thinking this is a result of the bones found by the horn hunting boys.

Well they want the media to come along on their search, this is all so weird.

My thinking is they have something or know for sure what they will find and they want the press there so they can't be accused of tampering:waitasec:

I hope this is correct. It has been awhile since I really followed this case. However, even as late as this morning, there was discussion that her husband and his dad had asked for the order. I believe it was on the local tv station that interviewed the husband.

The secrecy order has been in place for a very long time. I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

How awesome would it be if a Jack Russell Terrier ended up being the detective that put Josh Powell in prison?

THAT would be poetic justice; dog bites 'man'....er jp. Karma comes in strange ways. :)

How close is this to the area where they supposedly camped? Is it within distance of him being able to dump her body? I haven't been following as close as some of you. Thanks...

252 miles from Ely (it may look shorter on some maps, because Google routes you through Dugway -- which is not possible).

CLICK HERE for map.

It's a lot of near-impassable roads, for a minivan driving in the dark of a freezing, winter night. He wouldn't have reached a paved road, until he hit Brush Road near Delta.

Either that, or he'd have had to backtrack to US-6 near Eureka: MAP

If you look at the map, just above Ely you see McGill. That's a huge, closed EPA superfund site....old mining tailings from a closed copper mine.

I really don't think the LE are misleading anyone. They sure are getting beat up verbally by reporters on twitter, even Josh's brother-in-law too.

You just wouldn't make this as big as it is for nothing. The LE seemed very confident. I like that.

I hope they found her!

If Susan's body was left in a mineshaft/mine and was wrapped in something wouldn't that preserve the body quite a bit??? Wouldn't the mine be cool?

jenniferstagg Jennifer Stagg
Searchers next to a mine shaft #findsusan @KSL5TV http://t.co/UL9BGNf

eclark4 Emily Clark
White Pine County sheriff just told us his team is going to regroup and go farther. #SusanPowell #FindSusan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt
Back