Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe WH? Maybe he knows something and finally told or slipped?

Ah....the Hamburglar ;)

How about a storage shed? Or someone's garage? Remember when Josh emptied out the house? The contents of that entire home couldn't fit inside his father's little place.
AND....maybe we never heard about the actual publication of Susan's journals, because they were the subject of a search warrant?

If I were her, I would be on my phone to the station telling them to send someone out asap with sneakers or hiking boots. :floorlaugh:

Or at least go to a thrift store in Ely, and buy some boots.

Or at least go to a thrift store in Ely, and buy some boots.
I know right? LOL I be calling someone and telling them 50 bucks plus gas if you bring me jeans, closed toe shoes, two pairs of socks, and an umbrella. SUN and heat you know. :floorlaugh:

My guess is a search warrant in the past (not sure how long ago) items were submitted to a lab and preserved but maybe something new came up to where they found a new method to test, and were able to pinpoint the location of where she might be. Maybe rugs in father's or JP home had dirt, shoes had dirt, tire had dirt and the testing took years, maybe they gathered samples from many places and once they gathered samples from this area it was a hit.

BIG SHRUGS HERE

Maybe they found some garnets?

"MAY 21, 2010: REPORT OF FOUND REMAINS: Reporting party stated that while he was antler hunting he located what he thought were human remains. Officer was taken to the area by the reporting party. Officer reported that they are human remains and have been there for some time. Investigation continues." Source: ElyNews.com.

If these are the remains that the Trib poster was referring to as being found "maybe in October", I think they're a bit too old to have been ID'd recently.

So, I've been thinking about the LE making comments about his face not changing. Maybe the investigation is taking a change, but maybe his comment about his face not changing means that the person of interest hasn't changed. I've read from a few reporters that JP is still the only person of interest.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
@
@jasonpbyu The search continues. We're still watching them. They're in some pretty rough terrain. Fortunately, @fox13now hired a helicopter.
2 minutes ago

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
FYI, folks, WVCPD says this search could stretch into the weekend. I'm going to need to buy some more underwear. #TMI
1 minute ago

:floorlaugh: At least they are keeping their sense of humor.

I know right? LOL I be calling someone and telling them 50 bucks plus gas if you bring me jeans, closed toe shoes, two pairs of socks, and an umbrella. SUN and heat you know. :floorlaugh:

There's not much shopping in Ely. A few thrift stores. No Walmart.

The nearest "big" town is Elko. Further, Vegas, SLC, Reno. :giggle:

The continued comments at the press conf about him changing his clothes is some kind of clue. He said it 3 times and frankly he never needed to say it in the first place. :waitasec:

"MAY 21, 2010: REPORT OF FOUND REMAINS: Reporting party stated that while he was antler hunting he located what he thought were human remains. Officer was taken to the area by the reporting party. Officer reported that they are human remains and have been there for some time. Investigation continues." Source: ElyNews.com.

If these are the remains that the Trib poster was referring to as being found "maybe October{, I think they're a bit too old to have been ID'd recently.

I'm not sure about that, sometimes they seem to take a verrrry long time submitting the DNA tests in some UID cases I've been following on the unidentified forum and it's not uncommon for them to ID bodies that were found in 2007 or 1998 etc.

Re: the remains found in 2010:

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
FYI, White Pine Co. says they found a body out here a year ago. It's a male, been there about 8 yrs. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

The continued comments at the press conf about him changing his clothes is some kind of clue. He said it 3 times and frankly he never needed to say it in the first place. :waitasec:

He also never needed to change clothes. Since he knew where they were headed, the most logical thing would have been to come already dressed for the occasion.

Maybe they've found JP's clothing in one of the shafts down there? Sometimes you get a lil' dirty doing dirty work and need to change.

I wonder if something is happening. It's been 22 minutes since Ben Winslow has tweeted anything and 28 minutes for Jennifer Stagg. They've been pretty up to date all day long. Gosh, I'm a nervous wreck!

I am guessing they've gone to find some different shoes, a public restroom, and some bottled water supplies!!! The LE should have told them to dress for a long walk in rocky terrain at least!!

jmo

can someone please tell me what happened at the press conference in regard to JP changing clothes or something?

If I were her, I would be on my phone to the station telling them to send someone out asap with sneakers or hiking boots. :floorlaugh:

She should just have Ben Winslow pick them up when he goes to get his underwear! :floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero
Back