Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One of the comments, in particular, is interesting. I wonder if he has inside info or if he was just speculating.

They are in this together. No doubt in my mind. I think Susan did try and leave with the kids that night and was interrupted. Dad helped out. God, my heart goes out to her. I am sure whatever happened was ...beyond despicable. They are serious psychopaths. God bless those children. Please someone get them out of there. Sick. Sick. Sick.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/2...h-moms-husband-father-in-law/?test=latestnews

Welcome to the Gang, GutInstinct!! Glad you're jumping in with us! The more, the merrier here at WS!

:Welcome1::wagon::websleuther:

I wonder why Susan's purse and cellphone were found on her bed by LE. Supposedly she didn't feel well and went to bed early. My purse and cell are always in the kitchen or dining room when I go to bed. I don't bring them into my bedroom. It seems so odd that they were found there. I wonder why Josh didn't take them and dispose of them?

Originally Posted by JeannieC [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7067667#post7067667"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]

I think so too. JP took the boys and left and SP did the dirty. I would bet JP is terrified of his father. JP mentioned being raised in a abusive home and both parents not getting along. (Not his exact words.) I believe his mother is lucky to be alive!

Someone posted weeks ago who was a domestic violence survivor. She said they are taught to write/document in a journal/diary about their fears of being murdered so it will be found later if something happens them. I bet that's what they are looking for- not what she wrote a decade ago.

Look at that SP - he looks/talks almost cult-like. He talks like a brainwashed robot. And the FIL - narcissistic psychopath with self-feelings of grandiosity and grandeur and righteousness. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Save those children!!!!!! SP probably got to live out the night of his "desires and dreams" before.... JP knew all about it.

ITA with both of you, with regret -- yes, I think that FIL SP finally got to make his dreams real that night with his DIL -- and I hate to say it, but I hope she was already dead or at least unconscious when he did it. JP was "conveniently" out of the house, fully knowing what would happen, but he was obviously beyond caring by this time.

What was it that made JP hate her badly enuff to kill her and/or to ignore what his father was doing to his wife? Did his father do a number on him, too?:maddening:
And just what IS in her journals???

I wonder why Susan's purse and cellphone were found on her bed by LE. Supposedly she didn't feel well and went to bed early. My purse and cell are always in the kitchen or dining room when I go to bed. I don't bring them into my bedroom. It seems so odd that they were found there. I wonder why Josh didn't take them and dispose of them?

My purse, keys, and cell phone go to my room with me so I don't find that unusual at all.

My purse, keys, and cell phone go to my room with me so I don't find that unusual at all.
But not on the bed with you, right? Maybe taking them to your room isn't that unusual, but why were they on the bed?

Someone posted weeks ago who was a domestic violence survivor. She said they are taught to write/document in a journal/diary about their fears of being murdered so it will be found later if something happens them. I bet that's what they are looking for- not what she wrote a decade ago.

Look at that SP - he looks/talks almost cult-like. He talks like a brainwashed robot. And the FIL - narcissistic psychopath with self-feelings of grandiosity and grandeur and righteousness. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Save those children!!!!!! SP probably got to live out the night of his "desires and dreams" before.... JP knew all about it.

JP took his sons out in the middle of a storm to make "smores" and camp out. This is a horrible thought but could he have taken her body out and burned it?

Did they ever find where he camped with the boys? Did they have a camping trailer and did they spend the night?

Yeah, JeannieC -- ITA. One of my earliest questions was Did he really & truly take them camping? Or did he just put the sleeping boys in the back seat, Susan and a shovel (or a hatchet) in the trunk, and go to a hiding place & dig a hole, or put her body parts (since that seems to be the popular M.O. these days) in garbage bags and visit all of the dumpsters in town? Or, as you say, did the guys have a little body-bonfire?

Freak.

It all makes very little sense. If it was a premeditated murder with the idea to make it look like she ran away..why didn't he dispose of her purse and phone to make it look like she took them with her? Why the fans drying the wet carpet? It wouldn't make sense she would be cleaning carpet when she's planning on running away anyway. So Josh leaves "camping" and before he returns, LE has already entered his house and finds the fans and purse/phone. Was his intention to return and take care of the fans and get rid of her purse/cell? If so, why did he wait so long to return home? Nothing adds up.

One of the comments, in particular, is interesting. I wonder if he has inside info or if he was just speculating.

That's a pretty detailed comment isn't it ... We can only hope some of it may be true.

"GutInstinct....Someone posted weeks ago who was a domestic violence survivor. She said they are taught to write/document in a journal/diary about their fears of being murdered so it will be found later if something happens them."

Sorry couldn't find the specific post but c/p'd this.

It is true that you are leaving YOUR testimony, in the case of your death. The journals are also so that you will remember details. In my case, I wrote about the death threats, bodily harm/beating, the gun being used and also financial details. When you go for a TRO [Temporary Restraining Order] and OP [Order of Protection] you are making a sworn statement to the court of what occured and every little detail helps because while you are doing this you are a wreck. The more detail that you have the better your chance of getting the order is.

We haven't heard if Susan was working with a DV counselor or shelter but her diary left at work is important; jp didn't even know about that diary. I'm concerned that any recent diary in powell possession has been sanitized BUT Susan's past diaries will show a pattern of word usage and phrases that can be matched to anything powells hand over. This can determine the veracity of what they have. IF recent diaries, other than the work one, were fabricated it can show an attempt to cover up something on the part of the powells.

But not on the bed with you, right? Maybe taking them to your room isn't that unusual, but why were they on the bed?

Got it. When you said "on" the bed I wasn't thinking about her "going to bed". I was thinking she just sat them on the bed, not that she had gotten in the bed.

I can see them sitting on the bed while she dresses to leave. jmo

He didn't have a chance to dispose of the purse, etc because the LE searched the house before he got back. He NEVER expected that.

He didn't have a chance to dispose of the purse, etc because the LE searched the house before he got back. He NEVER expected that.

So your speculating it wasn't premediated.? If it wasn't premediated I would expect evidence of a struggle of some kind left behind for LE and the family to discover, but there's been no mention of that ...that I can recall.

If premeditated, say drugs or poisoning, why leave her purse on the same bed he took her from?

We have never heard if the bed was made or not...not saying that would make a difference. It could have been made after someone was in it or messed up even tho no one was. And the fans and wet carpet...nothing as to who supposedly cleaned the carpet or why.

All we know is that the purse and cell phone were on the bed. As far as I know, LE hasn't said what condition the purse was in. We don't know if Susan set it down on the bed, or if Josh put it there.

Men have no patience with purses; maybe he dumped the contents on the bed. Maybe he was looking for her keys or cash from her wallet. Maybe he was looking for notes, a journal or a flash drive.

Whatever the reason it was on the bed, I think that it's just a loose end that Josh forgot to take care of. Purses are girlie things...he probably got busy cleaning up and getting the boys in the car and just forgot about it!

All we know is that the purse and cell phone were on the bed. As far as I know, LE hasn't said what condition the purse was in. We don't know if Susan set it down on the bed, or if Josh put it there.

Men have no patience with purses; maybe he dumped the contents on the bed. Maybe he was looking for her keys or cash from her wallet. Maybe he was looking for notes, a journal or a flash drive.

Whatever the reason it was on the bed, I think that it's just a loose end that Josh forgot to take care of. Purses are girlie things...he probably got busy cleaning up and getting the boys in the car and just forgot about it!

Quite possible, but if it was premeditated ...especially with his alibli she just took off, then her taking her purse would have been crucial.

Wish we knew more of what he shared with LE during those two sessions with LE. According to his father, he was questioned for about 10 hrs in one of them. He then lawyered up by the following Monday and skipped the next interview with LE. He never talked to LE with a lawyer present.

It all makes very little sense. If it was a premeditated murder with the idea to make it look like she ran away..why didn't he dispose of her purse and phone to make it look like she took them with her? Why the fans drying the wet carpet? It wouldn't make sense she would be cleaning carpet when she's planning on running away anyway. So Josh leaves "camping" and before he returns, LE has already entered his house and finds the fans and purse/phone. Was his intention to return and take care of the fans and get rid of her purse/cell? If so, why did he wait so long to return home? Nothing adds up.

If Josh was gone "camping" who called LE or what got them to go to the house and search? I guess I missed a lot. I thought he called when he came back and she was missing.

If Josh was gone "camping" who called LE or what got them to go to the house and search? I guess I missed a lot. I thought he called when he came back and she was missing.

she was missed at work and the kids were missed at daycare.

IIRC, the boys not showing up at daycare caused the daycare worker to call a friend or family member. When they were unsuccessful in reaching Josh or Susan, they called police, believing that they may have succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning. Police broke a window to get in the house and found everyone gone. Someone finally got ahold of Josh, who of course started spinning his overnight camping trip story, and he said he last saw Susan when she went to bed the night before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back