Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's not much shopping in Ely. A few thrift stores. No Walmart.

The nearest "big" town is Elko. Further, Vegas, SLC, Reno. :giggle:

For this reason my town in the Utah desert fills up with vehicles with Nevada plates on the weekends. I avoid Walmart on Saturdays, it is a madhouse.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
To answer many of your questions, there are NO cadaver dogs on this search. Just cops wandering into mines. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
2 minutes ago

This is all sounding kinda vague to me...

Cops wandering around in abandoned mines......doesn't sound very positive to me.

My interest is up. I really hope this is for real and not a Misty river search, a blanchard park search, well, you get the idea.

I think this is a Haleigh river search. That is exactly what I think it is.

Though, I have zero faith in WVPD at this point. I am biased since I live here... I have just seen too much.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Hot wind has picked up over the gravel pit where we're camped out while the search is on. The smell of sage is heavy in the air.

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow

Dude I love Sage... I will bring shoes and underwear if you bring me Sage... :giggle:

This thread is well-titled considering the day's events: "Possible lead in Susan Powell case."

I think this is a Haleigh river search. That is exactly what I think it is.

Though, I have zero faith in WVPD at this point. I am biased since I live here... I have just seen too much.

Why the river? Is it in the same vicinity as those mines?

The continued comments at the press conf about him changing his clothes is some kind of clue. He said it 3 times and frankly he never needed to say it in the first place. :waitasec:

Do you think that might mean that the thing they are looking for is Susan's clothing? With maybe some DNA on it???????

Ok, sorry if this speculation has been posted already. DH came home and we discussed todays events. He said no way would a judge issue a warrant on a whim and he feels they definitely have evidence to search. He believes the warrant was to search the mines as they are most likely privately owned. He agrees the media were invited along to corroborate any findings so as tampering or placing evidence is less disputed. Also, going from area to area constitutes a "search".

Do you think that might mean that the thing they are looking for is Susan's clothing? With maybe some DNA on it???????

I found it odd that Sgt. Powell mentioned the changing of his clothes as well. I think I counted 4 times. At first I thought he was just trying to get away from the microphone but after the fact I'm thinking it could have been a hidden message just to rattle someone.

It's not the media's job to corroborate LE's findings. If this was the notion on the latter's part, the whole search was as unprofessional as the press conference which started it.

Maybe this whole search is a red herring and the police are actually zeroing in on something else and want Josh to think that they really believe in this Nevada tip. Or maybe I'm crazy.

Why the river? Is it in the same vicinity as those mines?

Since no one else replied, I'll take a stab. I think it's an analogy between the river searches in Haleigh Cummings' case, where it seemed like they had a tip and had gotten a break in the case, only for nothing (or sadly no one) to ever be found.

I could be wrong but that's my interpretation... :innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back