Possible Matches for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great idea Shadow. I'd like to add a couple here. This person contacted me through Myspace and wants to help get Anna's info out there. She has already made a post in her Myspace blog about Anna, posted bulletins about Anna, and said that anything else she can do to help, let her know:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=107825819

Here is another one...this person was kind enough to repost a bulletin I had posted about Anna (bulletins go out to all your Myspace friends), and to add Anna to her Top Friends:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=92885554

And this person was kind enough to make an Anna banner for me:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=113959127

Gina, you posted this: And this person was kind enough to make an Anna banner for me:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...endid=113959127

This is from her site:

"This site was established on 09/26/06. It is here to help find missing persons. I know this works, for I have searched for my sister since I first found out about her 14 years ago, I have done everything humanly possible to find her, and after posting her on MySpace, I had found my sister by other people recognizing her photo. These people on MySpace brought me and my sister together, and I know if we all pull together we can try and help find other missing people. If you have a friend or loved one you are searching for, send their photos and all info and it will be posted. Or if you want to send a childs photo and info from the news to try and help"

It is so great to hear of people who are found and reunited with those who love them. Looks like myspace might be a good idea for getting the word out on many of those here at WS's.

Shadow205 said:
Gina, you posted this: And this person was kind enough to make an Anna banner for me:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...endid=113959127

This is from her site:

"This site was established on 09/26/06. It is here to help find missing persons. I know this works, for I have searched for my sister since I first found out about her 14 years ago, I have done everything humanly possible to find her, and after posting her on MySpace, I had found my sister by other people recognizing her photo. These people on MySpace brought me and my sister together, and I know if we all pull together we can try and help find other missing people. If you have a friend or loved one you are searching for, send their photos and all info and it will be posted. Or if you want to send a childs photo and info from the news to try and help"
We may be headed in the right direction? It was the tipster from the newspaper who suggested MySpace.com. She is not one who visits the internet very much either.

I was just informed by Annasmom that the unidentified girl located in Caledonia, NY has been ruled out as a match for Anna. We can scratch that possibility off the list.

SherlockJr said:
We may be headed in the right direction? It was the tipster from the newspaper who suggested MySpace.com. She is not one who visits the internet very much either.
I was just browsing around and found this info about MySpace:

MySpace is the internet's largest online community. 75 million plus users, 15 million daily unique logins, 240,000 new users per day, and nearly 30 billion monthly page views - that’s 10,593 page views per second.

That's amazing! I have never thought of MySpace as a tool. In fact, I have it blocked at my house because I am terrified of my kids getting on it.

Maybe someday I'll be able to reconsider that. I am really glad that there are some positive uses for MySpace and I hope it brings forth some new leads in this search!

Like almost anything, MySpace can be used for good or bad. The media tells the stories of pedophiles trolling Myspace looking for victims, but rarely do you hear of positive uses of it.

Can you imagine if the the media only reported bomb threats and obscene calls when talking about the telephone? People would conclude that phones were inherently evil and ban them from their house too.

Dr. Doogie said:
Like almost anything, MySpace can be used for good or bad. The media tells the stories of pedophiles trolling Myspace looking for victims, but rarely do you hear of positive uses of it.

Can you imagine if the the media only reported bomb threats and obscene calls when talking about the telephone? People would conclude that phones were inherently evil and ban them from their house too.

I like that, very well said!

Jodibug said:
That's amazing! I have never thought of MySpace as a tool. In fact, I have it blocked at my house because I am terrified of my kids getting on it.

Maybe someday I'll be able to reconsider that. I am really glad that there are some positive uses for MySpace and I hope it brings forth some new leads in this search!
The page I set up for Anna, I think is doing well. It is getting many visits, however some of the visits may be coming from members and visitors of Websleuths. It's more than a full time job to do searches and adding friends. If I searched for anyone with the name Anna within 100 miles of San Mateo, the results are over 450 pages with about 10-15 profiles per page. Then you have to go thru every page and look at the profiles of girls around Anna's age. Just think how simple this might be if Annasmom had agreed to change her first name to Eifee!

I spoke to an adoptee last nite on the phone. She was born 9-23-67 in California and was adopted when she was 8 years old. She informed me that she found her birthmother about 3 years ago. She was so sweet and offered Anna's family in her prayers.
We will chalk off another one!

As a result of the various MySpace sites that have been posted, we have been contacted by someone who thinks that her acquaintance may be Anna. I can only speak in generalities at this point due to our ongoing investigation, but I can say the following:

1) The woman strongly resembles the age-progression of Anna.

2) The woman's listed birthday is within seven months of Anna's.

3) The woman knows that she is adopted by her step-father, but suspects that her mother is also not her birth-mother. She does not resemble anyone else in her family.

4) She has no memories (or childhood pictures) of five or before.

5) When showed Anna's childhood pictures without an explaination, her reaction was "Where did you get pictures of me as child?"

We are frantically examining anything and everything that we can discover about this woman and her family, looking for any connections to what we know or suspect about Anna's disappearance. If nothing is discovered to exclude this possible match, we may be proceeding with a DNA test in the near future.

As it becomes appropriate, we will post updates to this information. The woman that we are looking at is understandably nervous and scared about the possibilities, so I want to limit the amount of information that we post here to protect her privacy.

I'm crying, praying and praying some more. Everyday I just know we are so close. As I've been checking the posts daily I keep having the feeling that I will log on and see that we have found her.

I will pray for all invovled. I just know our miracle is coming.

We have been to this point before, only to be disappointed. One thing though, it is usually about now that we find something that precludes these matches from being Anna. That has not happened yet. Everything we are finding seems to continue to not disprove the possibility (is that an extremely convoluted sentence? - LOL!)

A couple of other quick notes:

1) The woman's birth certificate has notable gaps in information that raises the question of its authenticity.

2) The woman's current picture shows birthmarks on her face that seem to exactly correspond with pictures of Anna as a child and her birthmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member