Possible Matches for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Annasmom said:
I just wanted to tell all of you that you are at the top of my list of things for which I am thankful today.
LoLoLo
Me too!

I am sooooooooooo full!
food.gif

Wow, just found this thread and this is really promising! I sure hope you have found Anna, I've never seen such a close photo match especially not from an age progression! It looks really promising, I hope "C" continues to cooperate and isn't in denial that it could be her.

I wouldn't write her off because of a birth announcement. This is not an official document. The kidnappers or adoptive parents could have easily placed this ad with no proof. I sent a birth announcement to my local paper when my daughter was born with only her photo and what I wrote about it, so they could've used any birth date they wanted.

Please keep us updated!!!

Wow she does look like the age progression. Both of the childhood pics are Anna though, right?

Oh, I forgot to say thank you SherlockJr. I just had the weirdest feeling. Seeing that pic scared me for some reason!! I have a knot in my stomach all of a sudden. How strange.

we still have not be able to locate any childhood pictures on c correct?

smile22 said:
we still have not be able to locate any childhood pictures on c correct?
Correct. There are a couple of resources that have not been exhausted yet, but it looks like we probably will not be able to find any.

Dr Doogie - I had a question about the birth announcement. It seems like this is the biggest spoiler for C being Anna. There was no name mentioned I understand, but but how is the date from the announcement established? Maybe you could elaborate on some possible senarios that don't make this the major spoiler that I think it is. - Thanks

Annasbro said:
Dr Doogie - I had a question about the birth announcement. It seems like this is the biggest spoiler for C being Anna. There was no name mentioned I understand, but but how is the date from the announcement established? Maybe you could elaborate on some possible senarios that don't make this the major spoiler that I think it is. - Thanks
The announcement appeared on February 11th, eight days after the supposed birthday of C. The announcement mentioned that Mr. & Mrs. _____ had a baby girl. The paper is for the city that C believes that she was born in.

You are correct in that this announcement is the major stumbling block in our search. One possible scenario (however unlikely) is that the "parents" did in fact have a girl born on that date, but that child died. They then may have replaced that child with Anna, giving her the dead girl's identity. (This possibility is often referred to here on WS as a "Delia Cly" situation because there was a woman here for awhile claiming that exact scenario - it later turned out that she was not mentally stable and was a hoax, but the scenario is a plausible one.) There may be other scenarios that would explain how C has a birth announcement but could still be Anna, but I am not aware of them.

The one big thing that tells me that something is fishy about C's birth is the lack of a birth certificate. The only BC that she has is one issued recently by her state with the minimal information that she "knows" about her birth. I know that in California, a BC is required to enroll in school and to receive a first driver's license. How she survived into her late thirties without a BC is a mystery.

Dr. Doogie said:
The one big thing that tells me that something is fishy about C's birth is the lack of a birth certificate. The only BC that she has is one issued recently by her state with the minimal information that she "knows" about her birth. I know that in California, a BC is required to enroll in school and to receive a first driver's license. How she survived into her late thirties without a BC is a mystery.
In Michigan, it is not uncommon to use what is called a birth record to get into school, which would have the footprints on it from the hospital and also it used to be accepted for a driver's license.

You also have to remember that 20-30 years ago, there weren't many strict guidelines as there are in recent years

Dr. Doogie said:
...I figured between the two issues (the poic and the snub) that there was enough to have gained her interest if she had any questions about her birth...
What the hell is a "poic"? I gotta learn to use spell-check. :blushing:

Dr. Doogie said:
The announcement appeared on February 11th, eight days after the supposed birthday of C. The announcement mentioned that Mr. & Mrs. _____ had a baby girl. The paper is for the city that C believes that she was born in.

You are correct in that this announcement is the major stumbling block in our search. One possible scenario (however unlikely) is that the "parents" did in fact have a girl born on that date, but that child died. They then may have replaced that child with Anna, giving her the dead girl's identity. (This possibility is often referred to here on WS as a "Delia Cly" situation because there was a woman here for awhile claiming that exact scenario - it later turned out that she was not mentally stable and was a hoax, but the scenario is a plausible one.) There may be other scenarios that would explain how C has a birth announcement but could still be Anna, but I am not aware of them.

For the reasons you mention are exactly why you shouldn't write C off because of the birth announcement. I think the kidnappers or adoptive parents placed the ad for February 11th for whatever reasons suited them(possibly to establish identity without a birth certificate from a hospital), not because C was actually born in Feb! Besides, without a birth certificate, we don't know when or where C was actually born, so how can we say she's not Anna? Another idea:they could have forged one or she got into school with other proof, maybe the life insurance policy???

My instincts tell me this is not another Delia Cly hoax, this girl didn't try to find us...

To me the birth announcement is a so-what red herring designed by the perps to throw people off C's trail...JMO

Are there pictures somewhere of Anna (age progressed) and "C"? I've seen a couple of posts commenting on the resemblence, but I can't find any posts that have the pictures? I have seen the childhood picture of Anna, and the age progressed picture, but no picture of "C". It is exciting to read about the possibility of this being Anna. So many are doing so much work to try and put the pieces together!

In these days of identity theft, most schools I know would be reluctant to release anything from the records of a child who had attended their school. That could account for all the negative answers you are getting from the schools. If "C" were given the addresses and a letter written to request the info from the school, would she be willing to attach a copy of her id and send the letters to the school? Then pass the results along to her WS contact?

Also, many elementary schools have yearbooks. So in the letter you may want to ask if they did have yearbooks and if they have copies of them in their library? If a class picture was taken and do they have copies? And also, what companies they used for the school pictures in the appropriate years. Housefire in childhood sounds like a great excuse for the requests.

If "C" doesn't know her blood type, she should ask her doctor and her gyn. Sometimes they type the blood and don't tell the patient their blood type.

Mitty said:
Are there pictures somewhere of Anna (age progressed) and "C"? I've seen a couple of posts commenting on the resemblence, but I can't find any posts that have the pictures? I have seen the childhood picture of Anna, and the age progressed picture, but no picture of "C". It is exciting to read about the possibility of this being Anna. So many are doing so much work to try and put the pieces together!
Here you go Mitty:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44910

Click on the links in the first post where it says "MysteryWoman" and
"MysteryWoman_Anna" :)

mysteriew said:
If "C" doesn't know her blood type, she should ask her doctor and her gyn. Sometimes they type the blood and don't tell the patient their blood type.
You can also find out your blood type from the Red Cross if you donate blood. :twocents:

mysteriew said:
In these days of identity theft, most schools I know would be reluctant to release anything from the records of a child who had attended their school. That could account for all the negative answers you are getting from the schools. If "C" were given the addresses and a letter written to request the info from the school, would she be willing to attach a copy of her id and send the letters to the school? Then pass the results along to her WS contact?.
C is more than happy to go and get a photo, if the school would look through their archives, but the archive people refuse and the school is no longer in operation. Also, classmates.com has been contacted by 2 of us from WS with no reply.

mysteriew said:
C has offered to get her blood type, and has even called her Dr. to find out that the information is available if she needs it.

I received a note on MySpace for Anna from a woman who noticed the handprint and said that she remembered having one just like it. Then she asked what school Anna went to and she wrote that she went to Hatch Elementary. After e-mailing Annasmom and of coarse looking up her birth record, Annasmom found this woman's kindergarten picture. She also was best friends with Anna along with Kelly, who visits our forum, and another classmate who is no longer alive. I invited her to come and read Anna's forum, hopefully she may want to join WS and contribute some memories of Anna. :)

SherlockJr said:
I have listed every link that I (and another member) have found on the Australian Anna Waters. I sent an e-mail to the hotkey, but it was returned as undeliverable. This afternoon, I sent an e-mail to an internet friend who lives in Australia to find out if he lives near Tasmania. I am waiting for his reply. Not really up to date on international calling (its been 25+ years since I made an international call). I notice all pics of Anna here her hair being more thinner than the age progression. Age can have a lot to do with it along with hormones. :blushing:

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~watersworks/index.html

http://www.acadarts.utas.edu.au/events/centre_stage/history/misbehavin/

http://www.perform.utas.edu.au/events/centre_stage/history/sunday/index.html

Tasmanian Music Industry Association
Association for commercial music industry interests
Anna Waters,Managerc/o Suite 32A, Yorktown Square
Launceston TAS 7250
Ph 03 6334 4163, fax 03 6331 3636

THE WATERSWORKS ENTERTAINMENT AGENCY
9 Upper McEwans Road
Legana TAS 7277
Phone: (03) 6330 2411
Fax: (03) 6330 2408
Manager: Anna Waters
I just received a message on MySpace about this Anna; it had one of the above links in it. Did we ever rule this one out? To me, it doesn't seem likely that she is our Anna, but of course it's good to be thorough.

ETA: Basically someone on MySpace is asking me if I think this is Anna because she thinks there is a resemblance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay