Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
seaslug 44.jpg
There are at least 3 times where Mari's recounting of conversations can be questioned.

1) The entire "home for wayward girls" saga.
2) The discussion of the tox screens by the Suffolk ME
3) This truck issue we are discussing.

I think we have to tread carefully when dealing with "facts" emanating from her. Especially now that we have a really good look at what kind of person/lawyer Ray actually is. I think the poor woman was in shock and grieving and a lot of her public comments were shaped by Ray as well as her hatred of the police.

This timeline is from Seaslug44 on April 7, 2012

>
>
> Seaslug44 puts the timeline in perspective as to when Mari & Sherre first stated when the call was rec'd by CPH. This is from Websleuths.
>
> 04-07-2012, 07:29 PM
> Seaslug44
> Registered User
>
> Join Date: Apr 2011
> Location: Boston, MA
> Posts: 1,106
> Let's look at what we really know (and do not know) about this 1st phone call.
>
> Mari's interview with NY Magazine a year after SG went missing is the most accurate and detailed first-hand response from Mari regarding that 1st phone call;
>
> Quote:
> The day after Shannan went missing, Mari says, she received a phone call from a man claiming to be Hackett. The man said he ran a home for wayward girls where Shannan had been staying and was calling because she had left unexpectedly. He asked Mari if she knew where Shannan was. It was the first time Mari had heard Shannan was missing.
>
> Mari didn’t know what to make of the call. Looking back, she can’t even be sure it was Hackett on the phone. If it was him, was he fishing to see if Shannan was all right? Was someone else doing that, using his name?
> -Source
>
> From this interview with Mari, we know the following;
> She claims the call was made to her the very next day after SG went missing (so the call was made to her on Sunday May 2nd).
> She cannot prove that the caller was indeed CPH (which implies that she doesn't have phone records to prove it)
> She claims that this phone call is how she learned that SG was missing.
>
> There is something that doesn't add up here.
>
> Here we have Mari stating that she first learned about SG going missing on Sunday May 2nd.
>
> However, according to her daughter Sherre, they did not learn that SG was missing until Monday May 3rd;
>
> Quote:
> The mystery of Shannan's disappearance began on May 3, 2010. Sherre Gilbert got a phone call from her sister's boyfriend reporting that Shannan hadn't come home in two days.
>
> "Immediately, I started to panic ... I knew when he called me that it was something serious..." she says."I could hear the fear in his voice...
>
> The Gilberts say they immediately filed a missing persons report, but with no news, they drove 140 miles from their home in upstate New York to Oak Beach, Long Island, to look for Shannan themselves. By then, she had been missing for eight days..."
> --Source
>
> And this tends to be supported by the fact that according to the New Jersey City police, the first missing person's report was filed by Gilbert's parent the on Tuesday May 4th (the day after Alex called Sherre (Source).
>
> And eight days later would have put their first visit to Oak Beach to look for her as Sunday May 9th, Mothers Day (more about that day in a moment).
>
> Back to Monday May 3rd...
>
> That is also the day that Joe Brewer learned that SG was missing;
>
> Quote:
> Pak, the driver, and Diaz, the boyfriend, dialed him on a three-way call to discuss what happened.
>
> Brewer said he tried to join Diaz to file a missing persons report in Suffolk County, but was told that he was not close enough to Gilbert to do so. Her family later filed the report.
> -Source
>
> That is also the day when CPH claims to have met Alex and Michael "by chance" as they were going door to door asking neighbors for assistance. Whether or not you want to trust that the letters faxed to 48 Hours are authentic, you can trust that the story about Alex & Michael and the May 6, 2010 call to Mari from CPH took place because Jim Jones heard it repeated by CPH himself when he spoke to Mari;
>
> Quote:
> Mari informs the doctor that she wants to know first hand what happened.
>
>
> “I never saw her. I never met her,” is his reply.
>
>
> “Yeah but this is my question,” Mari says. “You called me. And for over a year you denied it.”
>
>
> “I didn’t deny it. I…” he says.
>
>
> It’s been widely reported in the media that the doctor lied about having ever called Mari. But to be fair, I have yet to see any footage of this or even any quotes that provide context. All I have seen is footage of him denying ever seeing Shannan and saying that he hadn’t even heard her name until a week or so after the night she went missing.
>
>
> “And when there was proof that you called me, you admitted it,” Mari adds.
>
>
> “I had long since told the police that I called you. Because Alex (Shannan’s boyfriend) asked me to call you,” the doctor responds.
>
>
> The doctor goes on to tell us that he gave Alex his card to give to Mari and everyone else.
>
>
> “But you called me on the second not the sixth. Way before anyone knew Shannan was missing.”
>
>
> It’s an important point because if he called her on the 2nd it could suggest that he got the number from Shannan or from her phone, rather than from Alex. Though I personally have never seen the record that Mari cites.
>
>
> “I didn’t call you on the second. How could I call you on the second?” he says, walking away a few steps in apparent aggravation.
>
>
> “That’s what I wanna know…,” Mari states.
>
>
> “Well, I don’t…no one has any proof of that,” he says, returning to us.
>
>
> “The phone records are proof.”
>
>
> “You’ll have to …Show them to the police, please,” he says.
>
>
> “They have them,” Mari replies.
>
>
> The doctor goes on to tell us that all he did was meet Alex and the driver as they were coming down the street asking questions and that he invited them in to talk. He says he told them to contact Suffolk County police as well as the Jersey City police and that he also told them to check with Shannan’s family to make sure that her phone was turned on. He also says that he met Shannan’s sisters the following week when they came that Mother’s Day. And that he returned the phone calls that Alex asked him to make but that was it.
> “All this stuff about a rehab or something,” he adds. “I don’t have any rehab. I don’t do rehab.”
>
>
> “So why would you say that to me?” Mari asks.
>
>
> “I didn’t,” he says.
> -Source
>
> As far as Sunday May 9th, that is the day that SG's mother, sister and friends finally went to Oak Beach to look for SG (no offense, but when you find out on a Monday that someone in your family went missing, why do you wait until almost a week later to get in the car and go look for her???).
>
> That is also the day that they went to CPH's home. Incidentally, what we don't know are the details of why CPH called Sherree for 4 minutes at 12:06pm on that day (Mother's Day) -Source I suspect that he was returning her phone call because she may have called him to let him know that they were in the neighborhood and would like to meet with him).
>
> Now here are the things that also don't add up for me;
> If Mari received a phone call on May 2nd as she claims, then when Sherre received the startling phone call from Alex, why didn't Sherre tell Alex that SG was okay because she was in a rehab?
> When Mari went to Jersey City to report SG missing, why didn't she make any mention of the May 1st phone call??
> Why does Sherre later change her story and start saying that she was standing next to her mom when she received the May 2nd phone call about rehab?" If that was true, then why did she first go on record by saying that it was AD's May 3rd phone call first alerted her to the fact that SG was missing?
>
> The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Seaslug44 For This Useful Post:

regarding the wayward girl call and Mari and Sherre's collaboration in the call.

Attachments

• seaslug 44.jpg
    seaslug 44.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 30
Mari got a call on May 2nd. The caller said Shannan was here and she left. Mari did not know what to make of the call. Where does it say Mari realized her daughter was MISSING? NOWHERE. Alex called Sherre a day later. He has not seen Shannan in two days. She hears fear in his voice. IT WOULD BE NATURAL FOR SHERRE TO REFLECT BACK ON THE FIRST CALL AT THIS POINT IN TIME. AND REALIZE ITS WHEN SHANNAN WENT MISSING. So I think its unfair to say she changed her story.

We dont know the whole conversation Sherre had with Alex. Yet someone questions why she did not tell Alex that Shannans ok because shes in rehab. Why would she do that? Wasnt Mari told that Shannan left rehab?

Theres something missing in the back and forth dialogue Mari had with Hackett in OB. Im paraphrasing. Hackett questions why Mari did not report the calls she claims he made to police? She told him she did. Mari said the police did not believe her. They would not listen to her. You can hear this exchange in the video.

Mari also got really involved with the lisk.com group of people and so called vigilante people why may have injected themselves into the case to sway the investigation. Point is, she may not have received reliable information from people in her quest to find answers.
Along came a predetor fish with a monkey wrench in tow. Speaking of fish. I was looking for some of flukeyou's old post. I cant find not one.

The older sister of Mari googled attorneys and found Robin Sax and asked Robin to be on the case.
Robin was on the case initially, but Mari never signed a retainer with Sax and couldn't stand Robin Sax,
and once Mari can't stand you, you have to go. Mari never met Robin Sax and did not appreciate Sax all
over the media speaking for Mari, when Mari had not met Sax.

I discussed with Lori how she came to find Robin Sax and get Sax on the case at Mari's funeral.

No Sax did NOT hear the recording. For those of us who were on this case early on, that is the quote that
we all heard. "They are trying to kill me" is the quote I refer to.

Lori meant well in getting Sax. She was trying to help find Shannan.

According to this article, Lori was "briefed" on the call.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...titute_still_m.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

She pounded on doors, residents say, and shouted for help. In a 23-minute call to 911 she told the operator: "They’re trying to kill me," according to her sister, who says she has been briefed on the call.

According to this article, Lori was "briefed" on the call.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...titute_still_m.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Way back when.....
Lori was trying as hard as she could to help Mari and the kids with finding Shannan.

The family was told certain things about the phone call, all of which have been leaked, so there is no sense in repeating..

but it WAS said that she was pulled into a truck at the end of the call and then Shannan's phone SHUT OFF.

There has been a lot of talk of SG's phone SHUT OFF and how do you turn it ON? Well, Mari had that capability.

Way back when.....
Lori was trying as hard as she could to help Mari and the kids with finding Shannan.

The family was told certain things about the phone call, all of which have been leaked, so there is no sense in repeating..

but it WAS said that she was pulled into a truck at the end of the call and then Shannan's phone SHUT OFF.

There has been a lot of talk of SG's phone SHUT OFF and how do you turn it ON? Well, Mari had that capability.

How would Mari have the capability to turn Shannon's phone back on?

When Mari initially mentioned the call from Hackett, there was no mention of a wayward home. That grew later in the retelling.

Nobody says a "home for wayward girls". It sounds like something from the Victorian era. I truly believe it was a misunderstanding or what we call a "found memory". Could also be something pushed upon her by a shyster lawyer.

Nobody says a "home for wayward girls". It sounds like something from the Victorian era. I truly believe it was a misunderstanding or what we call a "found memory". Could also be something pushed upon her by a shyster lawyer.

Also, the call discussion was not brought up initially. It was brought up later. Why was it not brought up immediately?

And yet didn't the home for wayward girls comment claim appear long before Mr. Ray ever became involved in the case? You saw her attitude to the police wasn't helpful...I say the police attitude toward her was unhelpful

Robert A. Do you believe shannans case has anything to do with LISK? Or do you believe SCPD lied to a judge so they would not have to hand over the 911 tape?

I do not believe Shannan has anything to do with LISK, however since her case is open and still inconclusive they don't want to release it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

You were not at the funeral or you would have known a lot about Mari's witchcraft and sorcery.

There was talk that she did sorcery against Hackett in OB with JG and Scalise and Scalice's mom Evelyn.
Were you at the funeral? What do you know?

After the funeral, there was the cremation and then back to Mari's house. Were you there? I don't remember seeing you.

I have had no desire to inject myself into the case personally. I think all these people have suffered and I have no interest in adding to their misery with "help". I think a lot of the "help" has been bizarre and twisted and done nothing more than accentuate the distortions and hurt. Some of it was for publicity and possible financial gain; some of it has been well intentioned and some just plain macabre.

I felt bad enough going out to Oak Beach to walk around the community.

Robert A. Do you believe shannans case has anything to do with LISK? Or do you believe SCPD lied to a judge so they would not have to hand over the 911 tape?

I don't believe Shannon was murdered. And IF she was, it was not by LISK. That is pretty clear.

And New York State law is really strict with releasing 911 calls. That is not my opinion; you can read the law yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member