Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree. That has no bearing on Mari exploiting her children and exposing them to terrible things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Mari's history has no bearing on the LAZY det's in the missing persons squad

<rsbm>

Not placing importance on the vulnerable or down-trodden is why serial killers like Willy Pickton are able to continue for years on their murderous path. It is also why the RCMP formed formed the HRMPP (High Risk Missing Persons Project, precursor to Alberta's Project KARE), because they learned from the mistakes made by Vancouver PD in the Pickton case.

Yes, indeed, it is SK 101 to target sex workers.

And the police are slow to act when a sex worker goes missing. In a perfect world, they'd have the resources to look for everyone with equal fervor. But it's not a perfect world, and given that, I respect the reasons why sex workers get lower priority when they go off the grid.

Mari knew Shannon was going out that night for the purpose of getting her a birthday gift. She had said Shannon told her that and she told Shannon to be safe.

Thanks for the info. Which case?

John Bittrolff, Vision Ministries Open Arms, the killer of Melissa's best friend's mom, possible childhood neighbor of kim raffo and apparently builder of Oak Beach home according to zero. Fits the profile for LISK in my opinion, I think he's part of something

If they didn't lie what was or what was not on the tape it might have been a different story. You had the detective write the letter to Newsday stating he heard the tape and found no reason to believe SG's life was in danger. Simple logic and common sense tells us this couldn't be true. We know have the detective's former boss, the chief of detectives saying otherwise.

On a personal note I know it was that same detective that had the case of the informant being murdered after visiting Burke's office. This is pretty much where I came in 10 years ago. AND, IMVHO, the FEDS were involved in that one, too, and that is the reason it hasn't been solved.

Actually NY law is pretty clear in releasing 911 calls for civil litigation. Please review the attached decision. The statute is not intended to prohibit the disclosure of matter that is material and relevant in a civil litigation The courts have continuous ruled that discovery be liberally construed.

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/ad2/calendar/webcal/decisions/2015/D47587.pdf

Ironic that the case involves an Anderson.

Seems like it must be litigated on a case by case basis.

Here's a question: I believe (and could be mistaken) that Brewer's deposition in the Hackett case is sealed.

When the defendant is granted access to a 911 call, is it automatically available to the public or is it sealed?

The question of whether County Law § 308(4) prohibits the discovery of 911 tapesand records in civil litigation is an issue of first impression at the appellate level. Informationcontained in the Bill Jackets for County Law § 308(4) speaks only to the fiscal aspects of theemergency 911 system (see 1989 McKinney&#8217;s Session Laws of NY, at 756, 757), which are notrelevant here. Discovery is governed by CPLR Article 31. CPLR 3101 is, of course, to be liberallyconstrued (see Allen v Crowell-Collier Publ. Co., 21 NY2d 403, 406; Ferolito v Arizona BeveragesUSA, LLC, 119 AD3d 642, 643), and the scope of discovery is left to the broad discretion of the trialcourt (see Karanikolas v Elias Taverna, LLC, 128 AD3d 905; Conte v County of Nassau, 87 AD3d558). Here, the matter sought by the claimant in the subpoena duces tecum is material and relevantto the issues involved in this claim.We view the language of County Law § 308(4) as generally prohibiting entities andprivate individuals from accessing 911 tapes and records (see Newsday LLC v Nassau County PoliceDept., 42 Misc 3d 1215[A], 2014 NY Slip Op 50044 [Sup Ct, Nassau County]). However, thestatute is not intended to prohibit the disclosure of matter that is material and relevant in a civillitigation, accessible by a so-ordered subpoena or directed by a court to be disclosed in a discoveryorder (cf. Rennix v Jackson, 43 Misc 3d 1205[A], 2014 NY Slip Op 50499 [Sup Ct, KingsCounty]). Indeed, in analogous criminal practice, 911 tapes and records are frequently madeavailable to individual defendants as part of the People&#8217;s disclosure obligations pursuant to Peoplev Rosario (9 NY2d 286;see CPL 240.40[1], 240.44[1]; People v Boyd, 254 AD2d 740, 741) and areadmitted at trials to describe events as present sense impressions of witnesses (see People vVanderhorst, 117 AD3d 1197, 1200), to identify perpetrators as present sense impressions (seePeople v Buie, 201 AD2d 156, 159-160), or as excited utterances (see People v Wise, 279 AD2dDecember 30, 2015 Page 2.ANDERSON v STATE OF NEW YORK424). Clearly, the general language of County Law § 308(4), which is part of the statute governingthe establishment of an emergency 911 system in various counties,

You are correct that it will be on a case by case basis. The party must have a subpoena "so ordered" by the judge. An application must also be made to seal documents. If you have the case number for the Hackett case I can check to see if there are any entries of sealed material.

Actually NY law is pretty clear in releasing 911 calls for civil litigation. Please review the attached decision. The statute is not intended to prohibit the disclosure of matter that is material and relevant in a civil litigation The courts have continuous ruled that discovery be liberally construed.

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/ad2/calendar/webcal/decisions/2015/D47587.pdf

I'm not holding my breath, but legally, a possibility exists. I just don't know if/when another court date has been scheduled.

How much time transpired between the time SG's family told LE about her 911-call and they began their investigation into her disappearance?? Was it 3 months or longer??

Good point, FRED. I think it might be useful to know when SCPD first heard the tape of her missing. The closer to the time she went missing the more I would think there is a cover-up. A record of it should have been made for the production of that tape. Much depends on how it was done, and if it was done. My guess is that it happened.

Wow! Thanks LindsayLohan6. I never saw this before. She named who was after her. So did LE ever follow up?

I think it was Pak, in that article where Mari says they told her it sounded like Shannan was pulled into a truck it says something like she "knew" the man after her

How much time transpired between the time SG's family told LE about her 911-call and they began their investigation into her disappearance?? Was it 3 months or longer??
Mari found out about the 911 calls within a few weeks. LE waited until August to go to GC place. They told Gus they just got the report from Jersey. The only reason they went is because Mari kept calling them.

The million dollar question is why was she afraid of Pak? And yet we still no nothing about Pak after 5 years except for one arrest for human trafficking and that video of him and his dogs

I think it was Pak, in that article where Mari says they told her it sounded like Shannan was pulled into a truck it says something like she "knew" the man after her
What time did Shannans 911 call end? Before or after she banged on Barbara B. door? LE would know.

What time did Shannans 911 call end? Before or after she banged on Barbara B. door? LE would know.

Not sure if it was before or after, but her 23 min call ended at 5:14 am.

Here's a link to the timeline for Shannan:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tos-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=10340084#post10340084

I find this interesting:

The driver said he drove back to the client's house and found Gilbert, who was clothed, in the living room on the phone with a 911 operator, saying that a man was after her.

Later, Pak said, Brewer summoned him to the house to try to get Gilbert out. Brewer grabbed her from behind at one point, Pak said. But she slipped out of his grasp and crouched behind a sofa, where she dialed 911 in a 23-minute call, placed at 4:51 a.m., and told the operator, "They&#8217;re trying to kill me."

There's a disconnect where one minute MP says she was on the phone when he arrived (iirc, somewhere else MP said she was in the kitchen on the phone); but then he says he was there when JB grabbed her and she then called 911 from behind the sofa.

IF MP was not there when she said "they're trying to kill me", then there was another individual SG was referring to. IF she said it when MP was there, then it may have been only MP and JB that constitutes "they".

It is a big difference between "HE" is trying to kill me than "They're" trying to kill me. The fact that 4 other bodies (not including the other 5) were found in the Oak Beach and all 5 were prostitutes working off of Craigslist makes me wonder what SG knew or thought she knew when she suddenly went berserk after spending almost 3 hours in the house with Brewer.

Not sure if it was before or after, but her 23 min call ended at 5:14 am.

Here's a link to the timeline for Shannan:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tos-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=10340084#post10340084

I find this interesting:

There's a disconnect where one minute MP says she was on the phone when he arrived (iirc, somewhere else MP said she was in the kitchen on the phone); but then he says he was there when JB grabbed her and she then called 911 from behind the sofa.

IF MP was not there when she said "they're trying to kill me", then there was another individual SG was referring to. IF she said it when MP was there, then it may have been only MP and JB that constitutes "they".

Hi SB, in the link you gave it had a breakdown of SG phone records, Im not sure who originally wrote up the history of the phone calls, so may not mean anything .... and Im not sure how phone records over there appear.

But why does the CVS have Babylon Before it and then Michael Paks have New York in front of it ...lol...hope Im making sense.

If Michael Pak was in Oak Beach shouldnt it have the closest tower area name... before his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper