Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree ...she's in a terror filled panic and decides to stop and remove her shoes and pants before running into the swamp??? I wonder if James Burke,Peter Hackett and Joseph Brewer were all participants in the alleged sex/drugs parties at Joseph Brewer's home. If James Burke was a participant in these parties the participants probably felt they had free reign to do whatever they wanted as Burke would have the power to protect them all. Maybe there was some kind of party at JBs the night Shannon died...that's why Shannon felt" they" were trying to kill her and why Pak told Coletti he was taking Shannon back to a party...If Pak knew the police were involved in the Oak Bay parties he knew he would have to keep his mouth shut or end up in jail or worse dead like Shannon..The more we discuss this, the more ridiculous it seems that Shannon ran into the swamp and died accidently
My neighbors at my shore home have those same marshes in their backyards, you really can't walk them barefoot. Then you are talking about her removing her pants and shoes while fleeing and she would have been screaming out in pain as she "attempted" to travel through them.

That's why I don't believe she ran through them, I feel she was placed there, face up. PH denies anything to do with SG but let's face it, he definitely met up with her that morning and had access to her cellphone.... How else would he have had Mari Gilbert's phone number? How would he know she was missing if it hadn't even been reported yet to the local police?? Sure he could have talked to JB, but would JB have SG's mothers number to give to PH?? Doubtful, very doubtful....

http://altereddimensions.net/2012/long-island-serial-killerMichael Baden concluded Shannon Gilbert was probably strangled. In additio he stated the fact that she was found face up is not consistent with drowning.

Here is another Tidbit:

[h=2]Time Out Dolls on victim’s grave markers?[/h]It was reported on the Dark Minds television show, that someone has placed Time Out Dolls on the highway grave markers of four of the victims. This could be a kind soul placing “crying” dolls alongside the markers or as some suspect, the killer himself taunting the police.
A “time out doll” (also known as time out dolls, timeout doll, pouty pouting dolls, tantrum tots, shy dolls, hide n seek dolls, peek-a-boo dolls and corner kids) is a large, realistic child doll that is posed with its hands over its face, intended to be stood in a corner or up against a piece of furniture so it appears that the doll is a child who is being punished. They are typically custom-made, often in the UK, and a popular prop at car shows.

http://altereddimensions.net/2012/long-island-serial-killer

Time Out Dolls on victim’s grave markers?

It was reported on the Dark Minds television show, that someone has placed Time Out Dolls on the highway grave markers of four of the victims. This could be a kind soul placing “crying” dolls alongside the markers or as some suspect, the killer himself taunting the police.
A “time out doll” (also known as time out dolls, timeout doll, pouty pouting dolls, tantrum tots, shy dolls, hide n seek dolls, peek-a-boo dolls and corner kids) is a large, realistic child doll that is posed with its hands over its face, intended to be stood in a corner or up against a piece of furniture so it appears that the doll is a child who is being punished. They are typically custom-made, often in the UK, and a popular prop at car shows.

Always thought the time out dolls thing was super creepy and disrespectful

John Ray wants to interview Burke? Tell me when the tickets go on sale.

Let's stay on topic, please. I realize there is some crossover discussion. Much of what I'm reading though, belongs in the victims' threads, or the newest Burke thread.

Thanks.

Bessie
WS Administrator

DESTROYING CRIME SCENE EVIDENCE? There is another FAT CAT guy named "B" who allegedly did a very strange thing. He owns houses in the area. The story is after the bodies were found he leveled one of his homes and built another one nearby. The information is very sketchy and might not even be true. The guy destroys the house when maybe he could have sold it, but he didn't.

What seems to have a ring of truth to it is this guy is very wealthy. He is supposed to be obsessed with prostitutes although he is rich enough and handsome enough to have his pick of woman - i.e., assuming his photos are accurate. He is the sort of person that would almost certainly attract the attention of Burke because this person always had something would have coveted.

DESTROYING CRIME SCENE EVIDENCE? There is another FAT CAT guy named "B" who allegedly did a very strange thing. He owns houses in the area. The story is after the bodies were found he leveled one of his homes and built another one nearby. The information is very sketchy and might not even be true. The guy destroys the house when maybe he could have sold it, but he didn't.

What seems to have a ring of truth to it is this guy is very wealthy. He is supposed to be obsessed with prostitutes although he is rich enough and handsome enough to have his pick of woman - i.e., assuming his photos are accurate. He is the sort of person that would almost certainly attract the attention of Burke because this person always had something would have coveted.

Is it reported that "B" built another home nearby on a different property he owned? If so, do we know if the original property where the house was allegedly leveled has anything on it by this time?

That house was supposedly on Captree Island. I am just relaying what I heard and gave it some creds because I know something about the people involved. One of the biggest perverts on LI was associated with this fellow. If you heard the story about the diverted electricity you might say anything is possible with these jokers.

"Homes" in the area is misleading. No one person can own more than one leasehold with the Town of Babylon. Read that as no one person owns multiple homes at Gilgo, Oak Beach, Captree Island or West Gilgo.

It could be someone dragged her into the swamp then it makes sense that they would toss away her personal items and take her pants off for whatever reason. It doesn't make sense that she would throw away her personal items no matter how afraid she was.

Youalsohave

You also have to imagine SG is screaming in pain. I don't know if she died at the location she was found. If she ran into those marshes half dressed screaming but got caught in a thick sand where you couldn't move your feet out like a quicksand, wouldn't she have still been screaming? Or worse she laid there for days suffering, losing all hope, and succumbing to the elements.

No one hearing her screaming is baffling if that's how it happened. PH is probably the last person to see her alive. He had no other way of getting Mari Gilbert's phone number, or to know Shannan was even "missing." Two days after the scene at JB's house, how could PH know any of that.... He knows more and he'll get away with it too....:notgood:

And smaller outdated homes are constantly being torn down and replaced with more modern and efficient homes in the area.

Youalsohave

You also have to imagine SG is screaming in pain. I don't know if she died at the location she was found. If she ran into those marshes half dressed screaming but got caught in a thick sand where you couldn't move your feet out like a quicksand, wouldn't she have still been screaming? Or worse she laid there for days suffering, losing all hope, and succumbing to the elements.

No one hearing her screaming is baffling if that's how it happened. PH is probably the last person to see her alive. He had no other way of getting Mari Gilbert's phone number, or to know Shannan was even "missing." Two days after the scene at JB's house, how could PH know any of that.... He knows more and he'll get away with it too....:notgood:

It's high time people make up their minds. Was SG running and screaming? Screams that nobody heard and are only added in news stories for drama. Or was she running and hiding or trying to escape at which point screaming isn't what you'd do.

Yes I agree! She would have been screaming for sure ..she had no problem knocking on doors and screaming earlier......That's why I find it hard to believe Pak lost her..He should have been able to hear her screams or her voice on the phone if he was looking hard enough for her..It bothers me that a person could see the location of her body from PHs back deck...Lets say it was an accident then Shannon probably would have crossed PHs property at some point to get into the swamp..or maybe PH did bring her into his home and that's how Pak lost her..PH may have had Shannon in his home as a prisoner when he called her mother...that behaviour would be similar to the LISK calls to MB little sister as people believed MB was still alive at the time LISK was making the calls...Could Shannon have been alive in PH's house when he was calling her mother??

My belief is that SG was killed and dumped into the marsh shortly after. It would better support a story later (if needed.. and it was) to have her found like she had ran away and succumbed to the elements.

It's high time people make up their minds. Was SG running and screaming? Screams that nobody heard and are only added in news stories for drama. Or was she running and hiding or trying to escape at which point screaming isn't what you'd do.
Former Chief of Detectives Varrone confirmed she was screaming. Coletti said SG came to his door screaming for help. The other lady that SG banged on the door confirms this, too. So what is your problem, mcme?

I've been in a situation before where I was running for my life and I was hysterically running, hiding & screaming for help. It's not like you have time to think & plan. That's what someone does when they're being CHASED especially in an area they're not familiar with. So what is so hard to believe about that? It's not like she was calm, cool and collected and snuck out. She told Gus Colletti and 911 they were gonna kill her and look at that..she's dead. We all know MP was planning on bringing her back to where she ran from maybe she thought Gus Colletti didn't stand a chance against MP and decided to run for it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been in a situation before where I was running for my life and I was hysterically running, hiding & screaming for help. It's not like you have time to think & plan. That's what someone does when they're being CHASED especially in an area they're not familiar with. So what is so hard to believe about that? It's not like she was calm, cool and collected and snuck out. She told Gus Colletti and 911 they were gonna kill her and look at that..she's dead. We all know MP was planning on bringing her back to where she ran from maybe she thought Gus Colletti didn't stand a chance against MP and decided to run for it..I agree Pak wanted his money and the only way to get it was to bring Shannon back to the place where she believed they were trying to kill here...I also believe she didn't believe Pak would or could protect her...The new autopsy is saying she had damage to her hyoid bone area what if they were choking and releasing her with the eventual goal of choking her to death but she foiled their plan and made a run for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

whydoyouthinkthat?
If you drag someone into a wet marshy area with their clothes on, they will have drag marks on their clothes. Mud on a bare human skin wipes off easily. One person can drag a small woman more easily that they can carry her. So I believe she was killed and then moved after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper