Possibly breaking news.......... not sure

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the video. Strange as they don't look like professional divers to me. The look like regular guys walking a pond. How do they expect to find the remains by walking a pond? This actually worries me a bit. They could step on her and force her down into the mud. :(

I saw the video. Strange as they don't look like professional divers to me. The look like regular guys walking a pond. How do they expect to find the remains by walking a pond? This actually worries me a bit. They could step on her and force her down into the mud. :(

i thought the same thing....but then i thought....if she is in something....then they can slide their feet along the bottom and see if they hit something....maybe:waitasec:

they were walking a line in the pond....like you would on a ground search...

i thought the same thing....but then i thought....if she is in something....then they can slide their feet along the bottom and see if they hit something....maybe:waitasec:

That's what I was thinking when I saw the video. Maybe she is in a garbage bag (I hated to type that). Maybe there's a cinder block also in the bag to weigh it down, IDK. I just don't believe that they would be walking that pond like that if they were not searching for the remains placed inside of something.

That's what I was thinking when I saw the video. Maybe she is in a garbage bag (I hated to type that). Maybe there's a cinder block also in the bag to weigh it down, IDK. I just don't believe that they would be walking that pond like that if they were not searching for the remains placed inside of something.

i was thinking like a plastic storage container......:(...or cooler....(

Hmmm...true about the containers and things. (sigh)

They said they found evidence in this case. How would they automatically know it was related to Haleigh's disappearance? A container, weapon, or other things would have to be tested first...wouldn't they? I guess if Tommy told them exactly what it looked like and where to find it...maybe not.

Hmmm...true about the containers and things. (sigh)

They said they found evidence in this case. How would they automatically know it was related to Haleigh's disappearance? A container, weapon, or other things would have to be tested first.

in the parking lot someone said that the news had reported that a car had been taken out of there ......but i dont have a link....and there wasnt a link when the poster posted that....i was thinking perhaps....that the car was the evidence that has been reported found?

but....someone.....must be spillin the beans.....cause LE is working hard! and they did find something conected to Haleigh :(

but....someone.....must be spillin the beans.....cause LE is working hard! and they did find something conected to Haleigh :(

I would bet my life savings (roughly about 33 dollars lol) that it was Hank. Timing is everything. LE is working very hard indeed.

in the parking lot someone said that the news had reported that a car had been taken out of there ......but i dont have a link....and there wasnt a link when the poster posted that....i was thinking perhaps....that the car was the evidence that has been reported found?
I wouldn't think a car would be evidence, but who knows if it was stolen and used to move Haleigh?

LE had the van. Are there other vehicles that went missing from someone from that night belonging to anyone involved in the case besides Tommy's red truck which Tim Miller found because of Misty?

I guess they are still out there since they have to monitor draining the pond. I wonder if they are still searching inside the pond?

In response to a post on another thread by Bessie:

Hey Bessie, Thank Goodness it is the weekend. LOL sorry you have to work but hope you check in as you are able. I did hear on Sttc's video that they are hoping to search thru the weekend. That is one major job with only two pumps working.

I get the feeling that LE was told the area where she was put within a pretty defined area or they would never go to this expense. So they couldn't drain a 3 acre lake like that, BANGO They would have to do it part by part I would think with coffer dams to remove the water in that space and get all the way down to the bottom. Then move on to the adjacent area and on and on to search the bottom of the whole lake.

To build a coffer dam is quite involved. They drive pilings down into the bed of the body of water in say a circular or rectangular area, waterproof those pilings to keep the water out, and pump the area inside the dammed up area till it is dry. That is how they build dams in rivers that generate electrical power.

IMO, but my dad built most of the dams on the Columbia River so I grew up around it.

InsideCofferdam.jpg

This is on a much bigger scale of construction than they would ever do in the Fl pond, but it is the basic idea I am throwing out there. xox

long day indeed....reading on the comments section of this article that her body was found...however that's just a rumor. I can't imagine they'd even tell the family something like this because it would take DNA to come back and be confirmed. That can't happen that fast...

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20987727/detail.html

Thanks for the reply and the info, scandi. You found a great photo to illustrate the principle.

(An aside, my father was an engineer, also. He didn't teach me much about building dams, but I specifically remember him talking about how NOT to build levees. Wish someone would've listened to him.)

btw, scandi, I think you have a typo in "aaaaarrrrrggghhhh". lol

Hmmm, What that tells me is POSSIBLY LE was not only told where she was put in that pond but also the circumstances of it. Like she was placed in a plastic sack with a couple of concrete blocks, etc.

That might tell the one directing the search how to proceed in searching the water. Walking side by side, if the {supposed} bag is there, they will feel it walking along. Just sayin'

Thanks for the reply and the info, scandi. You found a great photo to illustrate the principle.

(An aside, my father was an engineer, also. He didn't teach me much about building dams, but I specifically remember him talking about how NOT to build levees. Wish someone would've listened to him.)

btw, scandi, I think you have a typo in "aaaaarrrrrggghhhh". lol

:angel: I need spell check somewhere, for sure.

Interesting about our dads both civil engineers and I wonder if your dad worked for the Army Corps of Engineers at one time like mine did. Sometimes it is a very small world in Forumdom. YaYa Nice to know you Bessie.

Well, relating this to our case, :innocent:, there must be a tad bit of engineering in their pumping the pond, right?
muttley.gif

Hmmm, What that tells me is POSSIBLY LE was not only told where she was put in that pond but also the circumstances of it. Like she was placed in a plastic sack with a couple of concrete blocks, etc.

That might tell the one directing the search how to proceed in searching the water. Walking side by side, if the {supposed} bag is there, they will feel it walking along. Just sayin'
A laundry bag, perhaps? Probably not, but that thought just occurred to me. That could explain a dryer full of dirty clothes.
I watched the search video again, and they do seem to be walking with purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay