Possibly breaking news.......... not sure

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2190839/haleigh_cummings_body_not_found_lake.html?cat=8

Claim the suspicious item was related to the marijuana find.

Search to be conducted this weekend.

Draining a pond for a marijuana find? Really? :waitasec: Doesn't sound exactly kosher to me. Pumping a pond or lake is very time consuming and expensive. Why would they have people out in the water walking in a long straight line for marijuana?

Not attacking you, sttct, just questioning their "reason".

A laundry bag, perhaps? Probably not, but that thought just occurred to me. That could explain a dryer full of dirty clothes.
I watched the search video again, and they do seem to be walking with purpose.

I must have missed the video with them searching the water.

That is a good idea about the laundry bag but if this happened like this I hope it was packaged well so it would hold up. That is what they would want too, hoping it would never rise to the light of day, right?

As for 7am, the owner of those pumps just said he thought his men would work till then. Wouldn't you think at the break of dawn they would bring in new searchers and pumping crew to start with fresh energy? That would be very hard work searching in water, running the pumps continually. xox

Hi to you Poco :blowkiss:

Thanks for the reply and the info, scandi. You found a great photo to illustrate the principle.

(An aside, my father was an engineer, also. He didn't teach me much about building dams, but I specifically remember him talking about how NOT to build levees. Wish someone would've listened to him.)

btw, scandi, I think you have a typo in "aaaaarrrrrggghhhh". lol

bessie, could you please relay the 'how not to' to TIIC, please.

Same time, same station
NOLA

damnit, why oh why do these beautiful children have to die? What goes through the minds of the person/s killing them? If it was an accident why hide or get rid of their bodies? Just tell the truth. I just do not understand.

bessie, could you please relay the 'how not to' to TIIC, please.

Same time, same station
NOLA

Good to see you Aksleuth, At first I didn't recognize you with your new digs. LOL xox

Good to see you Aksleuth, At first I didn't recognize you with your new digs. LOL xox

Well, a gal likes a bit of change once in a while, 'ya know.

Watch the video! Very interesting. Looking for marijuana? I think not.

I must have missed the video with them searching the water.

That is a good idea about the laundry bag but if this happened like this I hope it was packaged well so it would hold up. That is what they would want too, hoping it would never rise to the light of day, right?

As for 7am, the owner of those pumps just said he thought his men would work till then. Wouldn't you think at the break of dawn they would bring in new searchers and pumping crew to start with fresh energy? That would be very hard work searching in water, running the pumps continually. xox

Hi to you Poco :blowkiss:
Ya know, scandi, I was being a bit facetious about the laundry bag, but after thinking about it a little more, I can see where it might work. I'm thinking the nylon mesh type of laundry bag. Nylon is durable and takes a long time to biodegrade. The holes would allow water to flow through, and keep it from filling with gas. Throw a cinder block in, and it would sink straight down to the bottom and stay there. (Sorry to be so graphic.)

Where y'at, AKS? I'd scream it from the top of Monkey Hill if I thought they'd listen.

Here it is. Be patient, it may take a while to buffer.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/09/19/news/news01.tnv

Oh, that was a shocker to see, realizing they are walking in that dirty water trying to find this beautiful and vivacious little girl. It brings tears to my eyes.

Thanks Ak. They are in chest deep water for most of the guys. Do you think that is the average depth of that pond? I have no idea how deeo these ponds really are.

I bet Dear Tim is watching this with great interest. Something big is happening and I wish he could be a part of it for all the devotion he has in trying to locate her. xox

PS: I'm going to lay down for a bit. We haven't heard about any pending pressers, right?

Thanks for the video. Very interesting............ Kudos to the men (women?) in the water doing the foot searching!

Ya know, scandi, I was being a bit facetious about the laundry bag, but after thinking about it a little more, I can see where it might work. I'm thinking the nylon mesh type of laundry bag. Nylon is durable and takes a long time to biodegrade. The holes would allow water to flow through, and keep it from filling with gas. Throw a cinder block in, and it would sink straight down to the bottom and stay there. (Sorry to be so graphic.)

Where y'at, AKS? I'd scream it from the top of Monkey Hill if I thought they'd listen.

Yes, and it would stretch so be plenty big IMO.

I think if I was doing that water search I'd barf. But maybe the find was a matching block? Like the one used to prop the door. They are definately not looking for Mary Jane in that water.

Monkey Hill. :woohoo: Can you afford the entrance fee? :woohoo:

Land of the little farms. Or as they sometimes say in commercials, Me-taire. :crazy:

No haven't heard any news updates yet.

Oh, that was a shocker to see, realizing they are walking in that dirty water trying to find this beautiful and vivacious little girl. It brings tears to my eyes.

Thanks Ak. They are in chest deep water for most of the guys. Do you think that is the average depth of that pond? I have no idea how deeo these ponds really are.

I bet Dear Tim is watching this with great interest. Something big is happening and I wish he could be a part of it for all the devotion he has in trying to locate her. xox

PS: I'm going to lay down for a bit. We haven't heard about any pending pressers, right?
Average depth for this time of year. We've had tons of rain in the SE over the past couple of weeks. It's a very moving piece of video.

Hope you get some rest. I have to hit the shower in a few minutes. (Now it's my turn) Aaaaarrrrrggghhhh! :crazy:

Average depth for this time of year. We've had tons of rain in the SE over the past couple of weeks. It's a very moving piece of video.

Hope you get some rest. I have to hit the shower in a few minutes. (Now it's my turn) Aaaaarrrrrggghhhh! :crazy:

I will, of course with CNN on low in case there is breaking news. See you in the morning. ;}

Wow. Oh my.

Rat-gate makes total sense to me now.

MOO

Did anyone sleep in here last night? lol. It seems a little common sense to me that they got a tip to search this area, and when LE is asked they will not give a direct answer if they are searching for HC, only that may have found evidence. Well someone HAD to tell them where this so-called evidence is, especially since the property they are on is privately owned. (I read it in one of the recents links posted in the media section)

With that said, they must have had to obtain a search warrant, No? How long does it take to obtain an emergency search warrant? Couple of hours? Couple of days?

Haleigh Cummings Body Not Found; Lake Drained, to Be Searched This Weekend

September 19, 2009 "Snip" by Carol Bengle Gilbert

Reports out of Palatka, Florida indicate that the body of Haleigh Cummings who disappeared Feb. 10 from her father's Satsuma home in the predawn hours was not found in a lake dredged Friday evening. Major Gary Bowling said they will conduct a search area of the drained lake during the weekend.

Bowling also stated the discovery of a suspicious item during the uprooting of marijuana plants in a field Friday did not relate to the Haleigh Cummings investigation.

PCSO investigators interviewed Hank (Tommy) Croslin, Jr. (who was recently jailed on grand theft charges involving the theft of a gun from a neighbor) and 3 other inmates of the Putnam County Jail last night concerning Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.

Investigators denied learning anything about Haleigh's disappearance from Hank Croslin, Jr. Hank's wife Lindsy was questioned by police Friday morning.

The identity of the other inmates questioned have not been made public.

The search for Haleigh Cummings while unsuccessful in finding the little girl has uncovered baskets upon baskets of Cummings and Croslin family dirty laundry both literally and figuratively.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ound_lake.html

Up for a bit to check the news and then I'm going back to sleep...While here I have to add that I'm very upset Misty has been caring for Jr. when all this time she knows Haleigh is gone...and Lord knows what the circumstances are surrounding Misty's involvement now! When Crystal was trying to get custody of Jr., there was a lot of anger towards her in the press and I felt it was totally unwarranted. Now its making me downright angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho