DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Late lamb - means your born a lot later than brothers/sisters

I like turtles!

Thank you too!

*The turtles: I like turtles too. Did you see the thread I posted about the lady who stabbed her boyfriend when he tried to hurt hers? Whoah!

There are great people on WS. Really caring and clever. So happy to be a member.

So it seems that Leah Skye Malan, Pistorius's last girlfriend he reportedly met in Mozambique, has moved on to someone new. Guess she couldn't wait the 10 months. Bless.

http://www.gramfeed.com/leahskyemalan

LSM will hopefully live a long and happy life, having ditched OP.

I tell ya, convicted “lady-killer” Oz is gonna be a real catch when he finally gets out of the slammer.

Once you’re an ex-con, you tend to run around in different circles (OP was already hanging out with less-than-savory criminal thugs and killers - what does that tell you?).

Much (all?) of the elite social strata he was once a part of won’t want anything to do with him. (Who in their right mind wants to associate with a nationally and internationally disgraced, murderous social pariah?)

His social options will be quite narrowed. He’s gonna have to “trade down” in the lady friend department - gotta take what you can get when you’ve got a history of violence and killing girlfriends ... not exactly what you want on your dating profile.

IMHO, the only women brave (crazy) enough to date him will be just as messed up as him ... or worse.

OP better be on his best behavior with these ladies.

His social options will be quite narrowed. He’s gonna have to “trade down” in the lady friend department - gotta take what you can get when you’ve got a history of violence and killing girlfriends ... not exactly what you want on your dating profile.

IMHO, the only women brave (crazy) enough to date him will be just as messed up as him ... or worse.

OP better be on his best behavior with these ladies.

There always are some.

534364632.jpg

Help any South Africans around, please! There's a phrase June used in her book to describe Reeva - something like laate laamejite?? I've just managed to delete it while I was looking it up and now cannot refind it or even google it as I'm obviously getting the sp all wrong. I'm guessing itmeans late arrival, or something like that?

It's really urgent and I'm faced with trying to read an entire book very, very quickly to try and find it, so any and all help much appreciated!

Hi Zwiebel,
I am Afrikaans and the term you asked about is Laat Lammetjie. It is a term used for a child born many years after its siblings. It literally translates to "late lamb".

Hope this helps!

Well. I think you are probably the most wonderful person in the world right now and thank you very, very very much.

If I had a fiver for every person that ever said that to me............................I'd be filling forms in for benefits:)

From Reeva's funeral service

Attachments

• Funeral.jpg
    Funeral.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 138
The way I would interpret that pause is, the first shot may have been with an intention to shoot her (from other evidences) but possibly out of rage, out of loosing control over his action in anger; the subsequent ones were well calculated.

Well said IMO.

O/T The Nico Henning trial is due to start today and it's being prosecuted by Nel. I've contacted a couple of the newspapers to see if they'll be tweeting from the courtroom but haven't had a response as yet.

Could someone who uses Twitter please send a message asking Barry Bateman if he'll be covering it, or does he know of anyone who will so that we can follow it. Thanks.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 10. Feb.

@mbrkledge the investigator responsible for handling Oscar’s phone was praised by the judge in the #ChanelleHenning murder trial…

jacques hale ‏@jrhale1977 16 Min.Vor 16 Minuten

Guess who's back, back again...... Gerrie's back..... #ChanelleHenning

A bit of a segue, here. OK, a really big segue, here.

Was there ever something about Sam Taylor accusing Reeva of stalking her online?

If so, anyone have any details?

O/T Nico Henning trial
I hope the mods don’t mind but it's so terribly quiet here and this really looks like an interesting trial. I asked Bessie if she could open a new trial for it but said I’d wait and see if it got a start and then let her know. In any event, I won’t mention this matter again until it's ready to go. Until then I'll post a few more links so you can have a heads-up . You can also get onto You Tube - "Nico Henning" - and get to see the people involved.

Barry Bateman retweeted
EWN Reporter @ewnreporter • 30m 30 minutes ago

#ChanelleHenning Nel now tells magistrate that he has the indictment. Ask for a postponement for 15th of January.
ML

Nel wants to have this matter transferred to the High Court. The reason for the delay I believe is that further investigations are still underway. I've been researching this matter and apparently it's huge in SA.

Barry Bateman was one of the first on the scene. “It was the beginning of an almost unbelievable tale about a young mother, her estranged husband twice her age, a crooked cop, a drug addict, a former Nigerian Olympian-turned bouncer and the husband's hired private investigator. Bruyns refused to comment on widespread speculation that his client was the prime suspect in the shooting that has transfixed the nation". Nico is a multimillionaire.
http://ewn.co.za/2012/11/08/OPINION-Chanelle-Henning-a-year-after-her-murder

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/i-don-t-know-why-she-was-killed-1.1181935#.VGRtFixxnBx

A very comprehensive outline of the story is to be found on Facebook, Remembrance for Chanelle Henning in the second entry dated 25 November 2013 … “See more”
https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Remembrance-of-Chanelle-Henning/296024703754811

A bit of a segue, here. OK, a really big segue, here.

Was there ever something about Sam Taylor accusing Reeva of stalking her online?

If so, anyone have any details?

Here you go Colonel:

She has been following me for a long time on Instagram (a photo-sharing system on Twitter) and knows exactly where I am and everything going on in my relationship with Oscar,” she said.

http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2012/11/...-the-place-over-this-fhm-model/#ixzz3IwUSbNz8

Hello all.

I am trying to find that absurd part in OPs testimony where he spoke in a conditional future tense about how he might have opened the balcony door and curtains with a gun in his hands.

i think it was Day22 / April 14 cross but I can't find his exact answers

Can anyone help me?

I came across Lisa/Juror13s excellent point that the defence's own reconstruction video contradicts the position of the fans/curtains.

LOL

EDIT FOUND IT

Nel: Did you open one or two doors? Remember your evidence

OP: I don’t remember, if I had opened the doors I’m sure I would have opened both of them and flung them open

Nel: How would that be possible with a gun in your hand? How would it be possible to open both sliding doors with a gun in your hand?

OP: I’m not sure. I’d probably just hold the handle of the door and open it.

Nel: So you’ve got a gun, a cocked gun, in your right hand, you unlock the door, you open both doors and you never discharged that gun again?

I'm not sure if you have read an 'analysis of op's testimony'.
Here is an excerpt. I've also posted the link below. It is interesting to read, indicating that op was deceptive in giving his testimony.
Oscar Pistorius's Testimony

An analysis by Mark McClish
Posted April 2014

In March 2014, Oscar Pistorius went on trial in a South African courtroom for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. Pistorius took the stand on April 7 and testified in his own defense. I have not been able to find a complete transcript of his testimony. Here are some excerpts of Pistorius describing what happened the night he shot Reeva Steenkamp.

Pistorius testified that in the middle of the night he heard his bathroom window sliding open. He got his 9mm from underneath his bed and moved towards the bathroom.

"I got to the entrance of the bathroom, at the end of the passage, where I stopped screaming. At this point, I was certain that an intruder or intruders were there in my bathroom.

A more natural way to say this would be, "At this point I believed that an intruder..." If he used the word "believed," Pistorius would be saying that based on the evidence before him he concluded that someone was in the bathroom. By using the word "certain," it means he thought about other possibilities. After considering the possibilities, he then came to the conclusion that an intruder was in his bathroom. We would want to know what other things he was considering. As it turned out there was no intruder.

"I had my pistol in my right hand and I peered in."

Pistorius called his 9mm a "pistol." We will see if his language remains consistent.

"There was no light in the bathroom. As I slowly peered into the bathroom, I could see that the window was open indeed."

The shortest sentence is the best sentence. The word "indeed" is not needed. He may have added this word to bolster his claim that minutes earlier he heard the bathroom window sliding open.

"At this point I started screaming again for Reeva to phone the police...wasn't sure where to point my firearm. I had it pointed at the toilet but my eyes were going between the window and the toilet."

At this point, SteenKamp is in the toilet behind a locked door. If she was using the bathroom or even hiding from an intruder, why did she not respond to Pistorius's scream to call the police? There is a chance she wanted to keep quiet and hide from the intruder.

When the word "phone" appears in a statement it often ties the person to the crime scene. If you witnessed a crime, you may state in your police interview that you called 911 on your "cell phone." The problem is the use of the word "phone" sometimes ties a person to the crime scene in a not so innocent way.

Earlier Pistorius called his 9mm a "pistol." Now he refers to it as a "firearm." There are no synonyms in Statement Analysis. Every word means something different. Truthful people usually use the same language. If they view a 9mm as being a "pistol," they will always call it a "pistol." They will not call it a "firearm" because to them it is a "pistol." A change in language means a change in reality. Something has happened which caused the person to change their language. For example, when a person pulls the trigger he may call it a "weapon." This change is justifiable because the word "weapon" to this person probably means he is discharging the firearm. The word "pistol" may mean he is not shooting the firearm. As I read Pistorius's statement I do not see a justifiable reason for changing the language from "pistol" to "firearm." Therefore, it indicates he is being deceptive

http://www.statementanalysis.com/oscar-pistorius/page-two/

you may be interested in reading this as it is related to that part of his testimony:
"During the early morning hours of 14 February 2013, I woke up, went onto the balcony to bring the fan in and closed the sliding doors, the blinds and the curtains. I heard a noise in the bathroom and realised that someone was in the bathroom. I felt a sense of terror rushing over me. There are no burglar bars across the bathroom window and I knew that contractors who worked at my house had left the ladders outside. Although I did not have my prosthetic legs on I have mobility on my stumps. I believed that someone had entered my house. I was too scared to switch a light on."

There are two types of emotions: short-term and long-term. Short-term emotions occur at the peak of the incident. If you turned around and someone was standing directly behind you, you may become startled. Once you quickly realize the person is not a threat the surprise is over. Being startled is a brief emotion.

Long-term emotions such as being in shock or being frightened occur after the incident is over and the person has time to reflect on what happened or could have happened. The incident itself is so overwhelming these long-term emotions are suppressed. When a deceptive person inserts long-term emotions into his story he usually puts them in the wrong place. He places them at the peak of the incident.

Pistorius tells us that he was in "terror" and was "too scared." Later he will state that he was filled with "horror and fear." These do not appear to be brief emotions but long-term emotions. They also appear to be out-of-place in his story.

Pistorius states that he was "too scared to switch a light on." This does not make sense. Being in the dark usually adds to the stress and fear that one may be experiencing. Turning on the light so you can see what is going on usually helps to alleviate any fears.

link for full analysis: http://www.statementanalysis.com/oscar-pistorius/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member