Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Add to this all parents, spouses, friends, kids, where do you stop can now lie for the sake of protecting their criminals and get by with it.

Defense lawyers can lie in court as well as continually get by with asking leading question (thereby testify) and break rules with no consequence.

I want to SCREAM so loud right now. How could they, with ALL the evidence come back with Not Guilty? HOW?? Did they not look at anything? Did they not listen in the trial? Were they so pi—ed that they had to serve that they each decided to find her Not Guilty?

Caylee, I am so sorry you did not get justice today for your murder that your mother did to you. I am so sorry you will have to be in “Cold Case Limbo” from now on with my grandparents and many others who have been let down because of our justice system.

I predict that George Anthony will move out and divorce Cindy, and that the the family will divide into two factions. Lee will be supportive of George and will probably disown his mother and Casey. IMO, it's the only way that Lee and George can have any kind of normal life going forward.

I can see that happening. I feel Lee and George will suffer a lot for the rest of their lives because of the sex abuse accusations. I think the whole family will move out of FL at some point.

My charges were related to auto theft (I boosted cars when I was a kid).
I was asked several times what my record was for and have never been seated on a Jury, the defense throws me off.
You are right that I cannot vote, or own a firearm. I always thought it was a bit weird myself that I could decide someones future in a court of law, but not vote for a future elected official.

Thanks! Wow, it is very strange about the no voting, but being allowed on a jury. And I would think it would be the prosecution that has a problem with a felon being on the jury. Sorry....do not want to insult you at all. You seem like a reasonable person with an open mind.

SHAME on this jury..Someone knows who they are..you don't disapear for 40 some odd days in that town and someone not know where you are or what you are doing. I would like to find out just who they are and send them each a letter of utter and extreme disappointment. They let Caylee down. There are truely "Tears in Heaven" right now. Sorry Caylee we tried...we all tried! I have once again lost faith in the justice system. No justice for that poor innocent child. Perhaps putting that murderer back on the streets was justified...we all know her now..we know her lies...we know her habits. In such a world with social media she will never be able to hide. I hope and pray she gets what she deserves. After all someone could just claim it "was an accident that snowballed out of control" and they will surely get away with murder.

if she would have been guilty that one juror would have missed their cruise because they would have had to stay for the penalty phase. I'm sorry, the jurors were idiots. I hope they read this. What Mother ignores the fact her child is missing for 31 days?

I think we established this morning that that potential juror did NOT make the panel...there was no cruise.

It sounds to me like they knew they weren't going to agree on the murder charges. But no one wanted to be sequestered any longer. So they agreed to just say she's not guilty but convict her on the lying to police charges. What a bunch of cowards. I am so sick and upset right now. I figured she might get less than LWOP, but I NEVER saw this coming. I'm going to have to avoid my television for awhile now as I'm sure the defense and Casey will milk this for all it's worth. I'm sure CA will start her Casey tour of innocence as well. This is just sick and maddening. I still can't believe it.

i'm not saying all 12 had their minds made up... I believe that one or two lied and they could be very powerful and persuasive.. it's mind numbing, I don't understand what they saw that we didn't.

I think it's more like they didn't see what we did.

#CaseyAnthony defense has an "escape plan" for her should she be free to leave Orlando after sentencing.
by bobkealing via twitter 7/5/2011 8:16:18 PM 4:16 PM

I have been a lurker on here for this case for a while now, but now I would like to put my own opinion in as the verdict is finally over.

I don't believe she is completely innocent, but I don't think she is the one who murdered Caylee. For a while now I've believed it was Tony having a big part in it and being the actual killer. Something is not right about him. And if you read the document of the IM conversation between them (source: http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092608instantmessages/indexGallery.htm), he ALWAYS referred to Caylee as the "offspring" referred to Zanny as "the offspring handler". He always seemed to not want Caylee around when she came over. Although Casey is an adult and can make her own decisions I could very much see Tony having a lot of say in what was done to Caylee. Even in the police interviews with Tony he stutters a lot and corrects himself. Something always didn't seem right about him to me from the very beginning. If you haven't already, read the IM conversation. Makes you wonder what Tony had to do with the death of Caylee. Also don't forget the tape played back in court yesterday of Casey demanding to have Tony's phone number. WHY would she so desperately need to talk to him?

Please remember, all this is just MOO.

This wasn't Tony Lazzaro! This was Anthony Rusciano!

I so want to know if JB is going to be held accountable for his actions like HHJP said he would be!!!

I don't have any words that can accurately reflect what is running through my mind and my heart right now.

I'll just convey the text I received from my vacationing 14 yr old son... "WHAT THE HECK????!!!!! That's crap!!!"... This is the same child that asked me 3 years ago, "why would she kill such a cute & sweet little girl?"....

Evidently the teenage Facebook world in North Georgia is blowing up with the news. Every single kid is heartbroken, they are angry and they do not understand how this could happen.

What message does this travesty of justice send to our children???

Same. My daughter and her friend are both reading fb messages. Even Children know better. Shameful.

HLN is saying that George Anthony has issued a statement and they'll read it after the commercial.

Thanks! Wow, it is very strange about the no voting, but being allowed on a jury. And I would think it would be the prosecution that has a problem with a felon being on the jury. Sorry....do not want to insult you at all. You seem like a reasonable person with an open mind.

Sorry you are correct, I misspoke, I meant to say prosecution but was thinking about CA's defense team and wrote defense instead It was always the ADA's that chose to cut me. I have grown up a lot and changed my life, you aren't insulting at all I promise :)

Justice for for our babygirl! May her mother be sentenced to a forced tubal ligation with no sedatives or pain meds!!!

Thanks for your response and honesty. I wonder if it has to do with what the charges were in the past for the jurors? What do you think of this?

I think someone that is a felon...or convicted of murder?....can't vote. Is this true. If a felon can't vote how could they serve on a jury? Or is it a murderer, not felon in general? TIA!

17 yrs ago, I caught a case. I was 28 at the time, no speeding tickets, no nothing. I got hooked on cocaine after my divorce, and was caught with less then 28 grams. I served 3 yrs flat in a texas prison. I am glad to say now that ive been drug free for 17 yrs now.
I can vote in the state of texas. I cannot have a firearm tho.

I was summoned last year to serve on a jury, and the summons had said no felony convictions can serve, I faxed them my info, but they didnt belive me, I had to get my lawyer to handle it.

now yall know something about me. Im not proud of it, I was depressed after a divorce, did something stupid and when caught, I stood before the judge and told him I was guilty, and since i had clean record at the time, the judge gave me 3 yrs, but I did those yrs and am clean now.

eta, i have seen many baby killers in prison and they get treated very badly..
Im sick that casey was found not guilty

Just heard CM tell Jean Casarez on HLN that ICA (she's not out yet!!!) will NOT be living with her family.

My guess, she'll be a live-in mistress for Baez now! Clearly they have been very affectionate to one another. :sick:

I pray that society shuns her but sadly, I know there is a sick element out there that will greet her with open arms.

We need to prepare ourselves. She will make money off her daughter's death. She will have a new-found celebrity. She will have fun and live the life she's only dreamed of. She'll take the money she earns and get a bodyguard or two.

Eventually she'll get what's coming to her, but we'll have to sit back and watch her life go happily on for a while, a la OJ Simpson. It's going to be very difficult.

She will turn her back on her mother, who is so thrilled right now that she's probably planning their first shopping day and lunch together. Good luck Cindy, you got what you wanted.

Caylee knows there are thousands, if not millions of people out here who love her and cherish her memory. Maybe that is enough.

We turned the tv on at work when the verdict was read. No one could believe it. I will not watch anymore news coverage. I don't want to see or hear any of the TH, the DT, or jury members speaking on this case. There's nothing they can say to make me believe justice was served today and I won't feed their ego's or pocketbooks by lsiening or watching.

I have to keep reading here though. It's like you guys are the only ones who understand. I feel horrible. I don't believe we have any system of justice any more. Thank you all for being here and giving me a place to cry.

I'm sorry Caylee. At least we know you're safe with the angels now. I'm so sorry it all turned out this way.

17 yrs ago, I caught a case. I was 28 at the time, no speeding tickets, no nothing. I got hooked on cocaine after my divorce, and was caught with less then 28 grams. I served 3 yrs flat in a texas prison. I am glad to say now that ive been drug free for 17 yrs now.
I can vote in the state of texas. I cannot have a firearm tho.

I was summoned last year to serve on a jury, and the summons had said no felony convictions can serve, I faxed them my info, but they didnt belive me, I had to get my lawyer to handle it.

now yall know something about me. Im not proud of it, I was depressed after a divorce, did something stupid and when caught, I stood before the judge and told him I was guilty, and since i had clean record at the time, the judge gave me 3 yrs, but I did those yrs and am clean now.

eta, i have seen many baby killers in prison and they get treated very badly..
Im sick that casey was found not guilty

(HUGS) I'm clean too and also pled guilty, I knew I was wrong. I threw myself at the mercy of the court. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela