Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we move on? How can you believe in Justice? How do you teach kids about consequences I love my kids more than ever today, they get why I hate liars and why I would not protect them over the life of another if they murdered for anything other than self defense. Caylee you do not belong to the A's anymore we have all adopted.

Let me guess-

Are they going to do the media rounds now, so they can try to find Caylee's "real" killer?
Somebody please- give me a sick bag. ASAP.

Yes, they'll be looking for the "real" killer while they reap in millions from media outlets just like OJ went looking for the "real" killer on the golf course.

This is how not overly bright people operate. They are short-sighted and self-interested. In the end, all of them will receive their due. And it will be permanent and irrevocable. A Higher Power will see to that.

Caylee is fine now. She will be forever fine. The others here? Not so much. The train is coming.

I am heartsick over this verdict, but Caylee is in a good place right now. She is at peace. I hope we do not have to see Baez gloating all over the news. I swear...I will NEVER, EVER watch any show he is on.

Juror 14 also says, she was a reasonably good mother...no reason for her to harm her child....

I feel like I'm in a bad dream. Tears, anger, disbelief like the rest of you. I want to scream and run. OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM IS A JOKE if a travesty like this can occur.
And the defense if drinking champagne at a bar across the street. Disgusting.

I tried to leave a message for Linda or Jeff at the Prosecution's office. VM full.
They looked shell shocked and rightfully so.
Is there a hotliine or something that we can call to comfort each other?
Seriously. I'm on vacation without my family and I feel so alone....

Juror 14 states they were in agreement with the verdict, they showed no cause or motive, and it was agreed upon very early on...I am gonna hurl.

14 was an alternate and was not in deliberations was he?

Juror 14 states they were in agreement with the verdict, they showed no cause or motive, and it was agreed upon very early on...I am gonna hurl.
Where is this? That is jury nullification, if that is true.

HLN is saying that George Anthony has issued a statement and they'll read it after the commercial.

I won't listen, I couldn't care less about anything any of the A's have to say. I care only for baby Caylee.

I wonder what these jurors will think if Casey has another child some day and it dies "accidentally" too...

I won't listen, I couldn't care less about anything any of the A's have to say. I care only for baby Caylee.

I completely agree with you. I'm not even planning on turning my tv on or reading any more news coverage of this case.

I have asked this everywhere....

Can someone please give me a guess estimate on what ICA will get on the Charges she was found guilty of?...

I've been lurking here all throughout the case, but I just have to post how angry and depressed the jury's verdict made me feel. Tonight America weeps for Caylee.

It's good to have you here with us during this very sad time.

:welcome4:

Juror 14 also says, she was a reasonably good mother...no reason for her to harm her child....

sounds like juror 14 is in denial... who does juror 14 think killed her.. I wonder if they even came to the conclusion that caylee anthony is dead.

Casey Anthony's family enabled her all her life and that's why she was the lying, baby murdering creature she is today. Now, our justice system has enabled her further. PATHETIC!!!!

Also, I just want to add the LE team and the State Attorneys who were involved in this case have my respect and thanks. I'm sure they are heartbroken today too.

Alternate juror #14, Russell Huekler, agrees with the jury’s verdict.

“We don’t know how she (Caylee) died,” the alternate juror told Fox News. “It just comes down to probably an accident that the family didn’t know how to cope with…the prosecution failed to show motive.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/05/meet-jurors-casey-anthony-trial/#ixzz1RGiRcYqR

I have asked this everywhere....

Can someone please give me a guess estimate on what ICA will get on the Charges she was found guilty of?...

I have not one clue. . .but I have heard a few different things. Just parole 'cause they misdemeanor charges, time served, and one year.

I just hope if she spends even one week based on these charges she will be in gen. pop.

How do we move on? How can you believe in Justice? How do you teach kids about consequences I love my kids more than ever today, they get why I hate liars and why I would not protect them over the life of another if they murdered for anything other than self defense. Caylee you do not belong to the A's anymore we have all adopted.

Even though I can't stand her, Nancy Grace said something a little while ago that I very much agree with. She said that while the defense was in the bar celebrating with their champagne, somewhere behind them the "devil was dancing".

Sometimes the devil wins - temporarily. He won this battle but the Anthonys and their celebrating defense team will lose this war in the end. They won't answer to man in this case, but they will answer to a permanent authority. In the meantime, the remainder of their lives here on earth they will be forever tainted and mocked and reviled and rejected. The blood money they earn will bring nothing but strife between them and others. The devil has won nothing at the end of the day.

Random thoughts in no particular order:

* Like most here I am horrified by this verdict. No only will there be no justice for Kaylee, but the opposite -- her killed is about to CASH IN. Casey is now a celebrity, she is now the person to be seen with, she is the coolest cat in any room. People will want their pictures taken with her, they will want her autograph.

* While it is absolutely NOT a popular sentiment here, I have said for some time now that JB was a good attorney and doing a fine job...

* JA and the prosecution team, on the other hand, did a fantastic job and then failed spectacularly at the end with their closing. The left out a very criticial point of their rebutal...

* They never CLEARLY explaned to the jury what beyond a reasonable doubt meant. Mr Mason did a FANTASTIC job creating the illusion that anything less than absolute 100% air-tight PROOF was a "reasonable doubt." The prosecution pretty much allowed that nonsense to stand unchallenged, which likely goes a long way towards explaining why....

* This jury had already reached a verdict before they retired. They went back there with the opinion that the prosecution had not "proven" their case. They also, likely (and this is also gonna annoy some here), felt that...

* Mr Ashton acted like a complete tool during the defense closing. The guy was arrogant, cocky, and a bit of a jerk during the best of times, and that likely was a bit off-puting, but that stunt during the defense closing was outrageous. And I say this as a HUGE FAN.

* Please please PLEASE stop with the "Kaylee is in a better place" and "God will punish Casey" stuff. Please. It's offensive as hell to some of us.

* The folks who are using this verdict as an excuse to condemn the entire jury system make no more sense than those who would say that all mothers are as fatally flawed as Casey. It's not perfect, but our system is the best in human history, and generally when it makes a mistake it is in favor of the accused. It's designed that way for a reason -- it is better for a hundred guilty to go free than for one innocent to be wrongly condemned.

* It is totally inappropriate to villify the defense team for the actions of Casey or defending her. They did their job, and very well. They won a case that NO ONE thought could be won.

* This verdict is NOT an excuse to abandon the search for justice for everyone else or to quit these forums. If anything it is a call for more activity.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member