Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless what her feelings about him are now, I do believe she loved him at some point (and probably/possibly) at the time of the death. I didn't say she doesn't hold it against him, I said it would be hard to believe that someone you loved was capable of doing something like that on purpose. I didn't realize that the jury said what she thought about anything, I thought the trial was about what he did. Guess I should read more of the posts that I missed.

I believe that Leanna's Christianity is coming into play here. Forgiveness is a big thing and if she believes he repented for this sin she will have no right (as a Christian) to hold that against him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm a little confused, so you're saying that Leanna states that Ross reported to her that he dropped Cooper off at daycare.

Which we all know that he did not do. Right?

So, why would there be any confusion? It's obvious he was lying. And it should be obvious to her that he was lying. But, hey, I'm all open, I must be missing something? TIA
It's the faulty memory argument, the same one put forth by the defense. Ross didn't forget Cooper, he got distracted and forgot he hadn't dropped him off at daycare when he went to work. He supposedly went all day believing he had dropped him off. Mind you, in this instance I don't buy it for a second, but before and after Cooper's death there were hot car deaths where LE or the courts believed the parents' stories. I suspect Ross knew about these cases and figured he could pull it off and easily offload Cooper forever. Except in addition to being evil, he was arrogant and stupid and incapable of pulling off his plan.

I believe Leanna believes he forgot. Not because she's a forgiving Christian or because she is unintelligent, but because to know Ross murdered her child would require her to deal with an enormous amount of guilt. She lived with this creature for a very long time. She had to have sensed there was something not quite right with him, even while he was playing best-dad-in-the-world. We know she had a tendency to turn a partial blind eye to some of the things he did - if you need an accountability partner and net nanny software, there's a problem - and may been aware of his cheating on an unconscious level. Some signs had to be there. She worked really hard on that marriage, and she was still working on it in the police interrogation room. To face the truth about Ross would require her to face her own responsibility for not sensing she needed to protect her baby from him. That's huge, and I can completely understand her not wanting to go there, at least for now.

I guess I'm a little confused, so you're saying that Leanna states that Ross reported to her that he dropped Cooper off at daycare.

Which we all know that he did not do. Right?

So, why would there be any confusion? It's obvious he was lying. And it should be obvious to her that he was lying. But, hey, I'm all open, I must be missing something? TIA

He texted her "when are you going to pick up my little buddy?" which prompted her to respond "wait, you're not coming home first?" Then they talked on the phone, we know this because this was stated as far back as 2014 and the phone records indicate that.

Obviously, there is no evidence that he stated "I dropped him off at daycare" but that was certainly implied by him insisting that Leanna pick Cooper up so he could go to the movie. Ross wanted Leanna to think Cooper was at daycare---and everyone knows this, so what's to argue?

For example, tonight I'm telling my husband that he will need to pick up Aaron after work tomorrow because I have athletic duty after school. I don't need to state "pick him up from daycare," he will know where he is supposed to pick him up from. Likewise, when Ross said "when are you going to get my little buddy," there was no need to state "from daycare" because that's the ONLY place Cooper would be at while the both of them are at work. Leanna even said at the daycare that there was NO OTHER possibility, meaning there was no other place Ross could have dropped Cooper off that day (or any day).

It is obvious where Ross expected Leanna to pick up Cooper up from, and he KNEW that is where she was going to retrieve him because he was trying to reach the daycare to get her to stay there as opposed to her going out and looking for Ross. I know he was LYING about Cooper being there, but there is no evidence that Leanna expected Cooper to be anywhere but the daycare when she picked him up. And when she was told Cooper hadn't been dropped off that day, that is when she said "he must've left him in the car." To her, this was the only possibility---Ross drove Cooper to work instead of daycare that morning.

As for what everybody else would have assumed, I can tell you that if there was no other possibility, I would've said the same thing.

Again, if she was involved she really screwed up her lines: she didn't stay at the daycare like she was supposed to, her phone charge wasn't prepared, and she blurted out "he must've left him in the car." A woman as intelligent as she is and who is fully capable of being well-rehearsed didn't remember what she was supposed to do/or say that evening if she knew in advance.

I didn't keep up with this case nearly as closely as most, but I do remember most of the information about it. I think she may have immediately thought he left him in the car because she sounds like she had a fear of it happening. I'm guessing (no evidence that I'm right) that she believed he was innocent because it's so hard to imagine anybody being cruel enough to do it on purpose. I know it would be very hard for me to accept that someone I loved was capable of such an atrocity. I know it's possible that there are any number of other reasons for her behavior, but this is what makes the most sense to me. MOO

Exactly my thoughts, they had talked about hot car deaths "all the time" according to LeAnna. Again, not a good thing to say if she were in on it and knew in advance. I would bet my bottom dollar that Ross brought this topic up a lot in the two weeks before he did this for multiple reasons (groom her to the prospect, get her take on the likelihood and believability of this happening to someone, and sickest of all because he was excited about it and wanted to talk about it). Perhaps, he said "if this ever happened to me, I would be so upset with myself that I would need to dedicate my life to being an advocate."

Her fear of this was the seed that planted it into his brain.

I absolutely don't think she had anything to do with it, I just don't think she gets any mother of the year awards for her ability to say we can have another kid 2.5 hours after her husband brutally murdered her son in the car. And yet she supported him knowing his true character and who his soul really is and never stood up for her son sitting in that court room ...and her aFB nonsense after the verdict ......it was all about ross and herself.....according to her they are the victims of society....but cooper was a victim of his parents.

I keep asking myself again again after these years..

Which deserves to go to jail for life more... Casey Anthony or Justin Ross Harris.

I followed both trials.. I went to both sites local.. I have a very strong opinion..

And I keep coming back to..

Caylee. God is not done yet...

Thank you wolfmom and Tulessa for keeping the light burning for Caylee

:blowkiss: for keeping the flame lit

Which deserves to go to jail for life more... Casey Anthony or Justin Ross Harris.

I followed both trials.. I went to both sites local.. I have a very strong opinion..

And I keep coming back to..

Caylee. God is not done yet...

Thank you wolfmom and Tulessa for keeping the light burning for Caylee

:blowkiss: for keeping the flame lit

CA will haunt me forever. It's "that case" for me.....it hardened me to cases like this piece of crap ross.

CA will haunt me forever. It's "that case" for me.....it hardened me to cases like this piece of crap ross.

Caylee's case dates back to 2008, right? Not that 22 is particularly young, but I was 22 with a one year old child at the time---I knew about her via Nancy Grace, but I was too young and self-absorbed to truly get passionate about that case. I know the major details and I was watching the news the day that verdict was announced and I was in complete, utter disbelief. I remember saying "seriously? So if you lie so much that the jury doesn't know which lie to believe, you must be found not guilty? What kind of precedent is that setting?"

This case is the case I followed with utter passion and devotion. It is "that case" for me. And honestly, he has such a big place in my heart---I don't think I will ever follow another case to the same degree---I don't think I would ever drive 8 hours for a sentencing in the future! And honestly, if I lived closer I would have been at the trial throughout, every day if I could've.

Some people might find it strange, but it's almost as if Cooper has become a part of our family, my three sons know who Cooper is, we planted a tree for him in our yard, and we had a red fire engine Christmas ornament that has become "Cooper's" on our tree--my children have big hearts. In short, Cooper will be in my heart forever, and seemingly my children's hearts as well.

I absolutely don't think she had anything to do with it, I just don't think she gets any mother of the year awards for her ability to say we can have another kid 2.5 hours after her husband brutally murdered her son in the car. And yet she supported him knowing his true character and who his soul really is and never stood up for her son sitting in that court room ...and her aFB nonsense after the verdict ......it was all about ross and herself.....according to her they are the victims of society....but cooper was a victim of his parents.

I agree, I think Leanna and Ross were very self-centered people. I also think Leanna had a higher priority on her marriage than Cooper, which isn't too surprising because as a Baptist myself (not sure if she is, but could be given where she is from), this tends to be the line of thinking in conservative Christian Churches (marriage first and the family will be taken care of). I understand that line of thinking, but I personally don't feel that way and couldn't feel that way if I tried.

Caylee's case dates back to 2008, right? Not that 22 is particularly young, but I was 22 with a one year old child at the time---I knew about her via Nancy Grace, but I was too young and self-absorbed to truly get passionate about that case. I know the major details and I was watching the news the day that verdict was announced and I was in complete, utter disbelief. I remember saying "seriously? So if you lie so much that the jury doesn't know which lie to believe, you must be found not guilty? What kind of precedent is that setting?"

This case is the case I followed with utter passion and devotion. It is "that case" for me. And honestly, he has such a big place in my heart---I don't think I will ever follow another case to the same degree---I don't think I would ever drive 8 hours for a sentencing in the future! And honestly, if I lived closer I would have been at the trial throughout, every day if I could've.

Some people might find it strange, but it's almost as if Cooper has become a part of our family, my three sons know who Cooper is, we planted a tree for him in our yard, and we had a red fire engine Christmas ornament that has become "Cooper's" on our tree--my children have big hearts. In short, Cooper will be in my heart forever, and seemingly my children's hearts as well.

Yep that was caylee for me....(minus the ornament lol)
I will tell you no case will affect you like the one that is "that" one. I wouldn't say I'm cold to all others but I'm certainly hardened and don't see them the same.

I will tell you no case will affect you like the one that is "that" one. I wouldn't say I'm cold to all others but I'm certainly hardened and don't see them the same.

My four-year-old at the time (now six) picked it out for him. I couldn't resist!!! He picked out a very fitting ornament, he got it right without even knowing Cooper liked trucks and the color red!!!

I agree, I think Leanna and Ross were very self-centered people. I also think Leanna had a higher priority on her marriage than Cooper, which isn't too surprising because as a Baptist myself (not sure if she is, but could be given where she is from), this tends to be the line of thinking in conservative Christian Churches (marriage first and the family will be taken care of). I understand that line of thinking, but I personally don't feel that way and couldn't feel that way if I tried.

She was so vested in that marriage. Baffling. She did refer to Ross in a statement as the leader of their family, so I'm guessing she was at least somewhat fundamentalist.

I don't get what she or any of those other women saw in that lazy, selfish blowhard. He wasn't even rich or good looking to take a little of the edge off.

Bently, CA & RH deserve each other. Both should be locked away in the same tiny cell under the prison with OJ & Drew Peterson thrown in, just for the fun of it.

Should it be called--PsychoHellCell or PsychoCellHell?

NCTeacher, planting a tree for Cooper and the Red fire truck ornament is such a nice thing to do in sweet Coopers memory. Your instilling love and compassion in your children for others that they will use for the good of others.

I am having trouble with my thoughts and words, I hope I got my point across. Darn FibroFog.

I think maybe Hailey Dunn, 2010, was 'that case' for me. And Dylan Redwine. Those two unresolved cases still kill me. :rose: :rose:

Bently, CA & RH deserve each other. Both should be locked away in the same tiny cell under the prison with OJ & Drew Peterson thrown in, just for the fun of it.

Should it be called--PsychoHellCell or PsychoCellHell?

I thought that too!

It was eye-opening, but the most flooring was the Treehouse parking space for me. What's funny, in hindsight, is I didn't bat an eye at driving right into their parking lot, looking for the space, and recording my analysis. Like I said though, I caught the attention of a security guard, explained why I was there, he didn't say much--just seemed sympathetic, he nodded and allowed me to carry on--though I did wrap up in a matter of minutes, I'm sure had I been there longer they would've asked me to leave. I guess my mission for Cooper trumped my logic and clear-thinking!

That parking space is stomach-churning.

You make a sharp right to enter the lot, drive over speedbumps, round to the right TWICE, drive up a hill (you cannot see the spot, it's obstructed by the island with one tree in), so you have to literally drive past the spot in order to see it, and the spot itself, like I said, is flanked by two islands (the island with two trees on the right in the surveillance camera) jets into the spot by one foot. When we were trying to find the spot, we couldn't find it for awhile because I knew he pulled into the spot--that one seemed impossible. Once I figured out the spot based on the island locations, I was stunned. My first thought was "No way. No one late for work or not, would choose to pull into this spot squeezing between these two islands. No way." Unless of course, that spot had some sort of special significance and it was imperative to pull into it that way.

I bet if somebody searched through HD security videos, people rarely parked there, and those who did pulled in from the opposite side. I was terribly uncomfortable pulling into that spot the way he did, and in my video analysis I kept harping on how "narrow" the spot was to get in to.

Thanks for sharing and that helps to confirm that he had to have setup the scenario that day.

Its hard to believe people like him could have no conscience to do that to a child. And all those hours. All those hours knowing the boy was suffering to his death. That is the thing that proves to me he got what he deserved with the sentence.

And another thing to consider is a person like him would have eventually done something to someone else like this.

Good riddance and want him to disappear in a cell and never come out.

And we appreciate your devotion and caring.

I didnt get a chance to follow this one as closely as I would have liked but that is what is great about our online community. For each important case, someone is usually able to devote the time and energy to follow a case.

For me the cases that were "the case" started with Morgan Harrington. I felt so bad for her as I followed the case closely and could see how she sadly got into that situation. She had a little spat with her friends and so she went out to have a smoke and then could not get back into concert. So then she goes to her car to be alone. Only to not have her keys that the friends took because they all had a little too much partying beforehand. And so she sadly gets into a predicament and just wanted to find another way home and then by a stroke of terrible luck she runs into a serial murderer. Ugggg. Yeah that was the case that started it for me.

And there have been others that really hit me hard. The CA, the Holly Bobo case, the Haily Dunn case, and recently the Heather Elvis case as well as quite a few others but especially those.

Certain times of our lives there are just certain cases that strike a chord in us.

Thanks to all who took this case under their wing and helped others with information we would not have otherwise known. Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow