Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross was sentenced for malice murder as well as first degree child cruelty, the underlying felony. Additionally there was sentencing for the underage minor charges. In total, Ross received life without parole plus 32 years (to be served consecutively).

Since the judge made the sentences consecutive instead of concurrent, I'm not sure how anyone can come up with the speculation that the judge thinks this was an accident. Could she have made them concurrent if she had chosen to do so? If so, I'd say there's no way she thought this was an accident.

I do not think anyone in that courtroom thought it was an accident, on the bench or prosecution, and just because it is their job, I do not think the defense did either. Kilgore showed tremendous disrespect to the Judge. She should have said something long before she did.

I do not think anyone in that courtroom thought it was an accident, on the bench or prosecution, and just because it is their job, I do not think the defense did either. Kilgore showed tremendous disrespect to the Judge. She should have said something long before she did.

I agree with you on all points. I can't understand for the life of me what words could have possibly conveyed anything other than pure guilt and intention. That was all I heard from PT and judge....no one has pointed out me anything direct that could infer that.

I agree with you on all points. I can't understand for the life of me what words could have possibly conveyed anything other than pure guilt and intention. That was all I heard from PT and judge....no one has pointed out me anything direct that could infer that.
Yes, and context matters. Near the end when she was referencing Ross wanting to be an advocate, she was being ironic. [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ross clearly thought he could pull it off, with no one for a second thinking it was intentional. Life plus 32 years might help deter some others looking for a child free life by intentionally "forgetting" their burdensome small children in hot cars.

[/FONT]I know accidents happen, but this wasn't one and if he'd gotten away with it, given the high profile nature of the case, other similarly evil parents could have seen this as any easy solution to rid themselves of "jokers" who drain their bank accounts and have the nerve to wake them up early after a long night of sexting.

I agree, he had guilty written all over him. Maybe if he'd been a more proficient actor, or better planner, at least not so obvious.... maybe he would have given the jury that reasonable doubt they needed to not find him guilty. We all know his intentions, thankfully he wasn't good at hiding them.

I agree, he had guilty written all over him. Maybe if he'd been a more proficient actor, or better planner, at least not so obvious.... maybe he would have given the jury that reasonable doubt they needed to not find him guilty. We all know his intentions, thankfully he wasn't good at hiding them.

I think the lunch time toss and not noticing directly after work while placing your laptop or whatever in the car is what probably convinced jurors.

So imo. If he went straight to work and didn't go back to his car until later upon discovering Cooper; Then he would have had a better chance.

But Leanna texting if he made it to work, was also a nail in his coffin since he blew it off.

I think the lunch time toss and not noticing directly after work while placing your laptop or whatever in the car is what probably convinced jurors.

So imo. If he went straight to work and didn't go back to his car until later upon discovering Cooper; Then he would have had a better chance.

But Leanna texting if he made it to work, was also a nail in his coffin since he blew it off.

I think it was the totality of things that did him in. His weird behavior shortly after the "discovery" of the body was telling too. Calming sitting in the squad car while his little boy's body is lying on the ground, craning his neck to watch the goings on. Commenting on the style of the handcuffs used. And then asking Officer Piper how long she'd been in law enforcement. Okay, yes, everyone deals with tragedy differently but - seriously? He's just undergone what for normal people would be the most horrifying experience imaginable and he's making casual small talk with the young blonde cop?

Same with the cops during the questioning. Joking about his good English, talking about his LE experience, coherently arguing about "intent" and the charges. This is not a man who had just accidentally lost his only child due to his own gross negligence. This is a sociopath who doesn't get that, not only is he not smarter than anyone else, pretty much everyone else is smarter than he is.

The sad part is that Cooper loved him. RIP Cooper.

The sad part is that Cooper loved him. RIP Cooper.

And was completely dependent upon him. Although he was too young to process what was happening, he had to have been wondering where daddy was in the throes of his suffering. Makes the thought of Ross's "goodbye kiss" all the more chilling.

Next up. The Appeal Thread.

Now we know that appeals are hard to get. But the lawyers may be able to get him one due to the fact that the judge was allowing alot of salacious texts in prior relationships that had nothing to do with the case.

Plus she obviously was denying alot of things by the defense. Idk

But this is the first hot car case to win 8 guilty verdicts. Jmo

How long is life over there? Is it actually life?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Yes, indeed. "Without parole" means exactly what it says. He will leave prison in a box.

JRH looked like he was about to faint when he was sentenced. He was swaying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he did. He finally looked like a beaten man. A loser.

Next up. The Appeal Thread.

Now we know that appeals are hard to get. But the lawyers may be able to get him one due to the fact that the judge was allowing alot of salacious texts in prior relationships that had nothing to do with the case.

Plus she obviously was denying alot of things by the defense. Idk

But this is the first hot car case to win 8 guilty verdicts. Jmo

True, but to me, the salacious texts aka sexting, were evidence of motive. Not an attorney, but that's how I see it. Maybe that's how the jurors saw it as well. JMO

It is unimaginable, unfathomable, that there was not one relative, including Cooper's useless "mother" to give a victim impact statement in court
today. I think poor Cooper had the horrible misfortune to be born into a rotten family, with his father being the rottenest apple of all. poor poor baby.
RIP baby boy: looking at his sweet and trusting face make me cry.

It is unimaginable, unfathomable, that there was not one relative, including Cooper's useless "mother" to give a victim impact statement in court
today. I think poor Cooper had the horrible misfortune to be born into a rotten family, with his father being the rottenest apple of all. poor poor baby.
RIP baby boy: looking at his sweet and trusting face make me cry.

But didn't Ross stay quiet as well for the lienicy statement?

Now the family is obviously still team Ross. Or they felt that 100 years in prison for the happy go lucky guy was more worse than anything they could say. Idk.

Rest in Heaven baby Coop.

Yes, he did. He finally looked like a beaten man. A loser.

And as typical of him there was not a lot of emotion. He cannot feel empathy towards others IMO and barely for himself.

Glad he got what he deserved.

No flames from me. I too sacrificed and stayed home with my child. We ate many budget meals, hamburger helper and tuna casserole.
We went to the park, library and found many forms of entertainment. Surprising what is out there if one searches.
Birthday parties had homemade cake, with themes, decorations, streamers, balloons, hats, games and ice cream. It was fun and interactive. Our neighborhood kids loved our parties. Loved them!!!!!!!!
Was it tough financially? Yes it was. I shopped clearance racks and bought name brands off season. One car was a challenge, but we did it.
No judgement from me if one chooses to work, for me it wasn't my choice. Children grow up so fast. I wanted to experience every lovely moment.
I went back to work when I was older. I enjoyed my career. I didn't resent it, like many that feel forced to work.
Never regretted a single minute.

Was any one there from either side of the family for little Cooper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper