Pre-meditated or Spur of the Moment?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NCBanker said:
Based on what we know about Raven (and hopefully what Janet's family now knows), if I were them, I'd be suing for custody of the child. Raven isn't fit to raise that child by himself. Neither is his family fit to assist in the rearing of the child. Janet's family would provide the most stable, loving environment. I can just see it now - Raven jumping from job to job, hopping from bed to bed with who knows how many different women while this poor child gets passed around to different family members like a hot potato. I hope her family is seriously considering this. I would do it in a heartbeat.
..i don't disagree, i wonder how it would play out in court though...

...the courts ( to my knowledge in canada) seem to favour keeping the child with a parent if possible... and i've seen stories where the most unbelievable people are granted custody...drug-addicted, jobless...but yet they swear they're "turning their life around"...presto.."the court" rules the child better off with the parent.....

...what could janet's family say in court , at this moment, to convince a judge to take kaiden away from his father ?
...perhaps in july, once the embezzlement case moves forward, and raven has a certified felony record.........and once the evidence is finally in, who knows, at that time, he may be a suspect, maybe even arrested...or may be cleared once and for all....

...i wonder if raven did take kaiden with him on his trip back west ?

lauriej said:
...the courts ( to my knowledge in canada) seem to favour keeping the child with a parent if possible... and i've seen stories where the most unbelievable people are granted custody...drug-addicted, jobless...but yet they swear they're "turning their life around"...presto.."the court" rules the child better off with the parent.....
I would hope the maybe LE could help the family with this. If Raven is a POI or a suspect, I would hope they would help keep Kaiden safe with Janet's family. I always think, ye with the better attorney wins, no matter what the evidence. So if Janet's family hires a really good attorney, they may have a decent case to pursue. Unfortunately something like this will cost money (of course Kaiden would be worth it) and hopefully Raven splurged his (I mean Janet's) entire trust fund on toys and there is none left. :)

...i'm with you on this.... abve all, kaiden deserves to grow up as janet would have wanted him to..........and that is within the mormon church.....of which raven appears to have little sincere knowledge of...

Not quite changing my idea to spur of the moment, but what if Raven was still fooling around (which we have unconfirmed info he was), and he gave Janet a SDT? Janet finds out, is furious and confronts him that night. If she accepted the previous affairs and thought he was being faithful and then found out, not only that he wasn't, but also gave her HIV or another SDT, I could see her packing her bags and leaving with Kaiden. They couldn't test Raven, without his permission, for HIV or another SDT, but the autopsy would show if Janet contracted this, correct? Would they think to check something like this or is it routine?

If Raven did it (God forbid), it was spur of the moment. The reason I think this is because when I was going through my divorce, my ex once threatened to kill me if I tried to take our son away. To which I responded, “That would be a great idea because I’d be dead and you’d be in jail and he would be left without either of his parents.” Luckily it was only a conversation of what the future might be like. I wasn’t trying to take our son away from him at all at that point. My ex isn’t a violent man and I consider him to be a good Mormon, but at that moment in time the thought of him being without our son freaked him out so much that if I had been really trying to do it………..I can’t even go there! So, this is the only way I can imagine that Raven could’ve done it and everything else would have been just to cover it up.

If it’s someone that she didn’t know like a stocker, I think it would have to have been planned since nothing was stolen and there were no signs of forced entry or sexual misconduct. My only problem with a planned murder is the fact that she was stabbed. There are just too many reasons why I would think that a planned stabbing is not a good idea, but then again I am not a killer. However, this does lead me to believe that the prep is someone she knew and that it was an opportunistic “spur of the moment” type crime.

I've always wondered if it was a stabbing merely because the perp couldn't get his or her hands on a gun.

JerseyGirl said:
I've always wondered if it was a stabbing merely because the perp couldn't get his or her hands on a gun.
I've thought that too. That it was was the first thing the killer could get their hands on.... so it would have been spur of the moment. But if it was spur of the moment then the perp, I would think, would have been in a rage, but haven't I read there were only 3 stab wounds? If someone was in such a rage wouldn't there have been more?

ItsMe said:
If Raven did it (God forbid), it was spur of the moment. The reason I think this is because when I was going through my divorce, my ex once threatened to kill me if I tried to take our son away. To which I responded, “That would be a great idea because I’d be dead and you’d be in jail and he would be left without either of his parents.” Luckily it was only a conversation of what the future might be like. I wasn’t trying to take our son away from him at all at that point. My ex isn’t a violent man and I consider him to be a good Mormon, but at that moment in time the thought of him being without our son freaked him out so much that if I had been really trying to do it………..I can’t even go there! So, this is the only way I can imagine that Raven could’ve done it and everything else would have been just to cover it up.

If it’s someone that she didn’t know like a stocker, I think it would have to have been planned since nothing was stolen and there were no signs of forced entry or sexual misconduct. My only problem with a planned murder is the fact that she was stabbed. There are just too many reasons why I would think that a planned stabbing is not a good idea, but then again I am not a killer. However, this does lead me to believe that the prep is someone she knew and that it was an opportunistic “spur of the moment” type crime.
Your ex wasn't a violent man, was a good mormon and still freaked out and threatened to kill you, BUT didn't. So, what if the man had a temper and wasn't a good mormon...From what we know of Raven, I could see Raven freaking out, threatening to kill Janet and following through with that threat in a rage.

mad hatter said:
I've thought that too. That it was was the first thing the killer could get their hands on.... so it would have been spur of the moment. But if it was spur of the moment then the perp, I would think, would have been in a rage, but haven't I read there were only 3 stab wounds? If someone was in such a rage wouldn't there have been more?
I've been thinking about that to and thought, what if it was a crime of passion but he didn't actually want to kill Janet and after stabbing her 3 times, stopped, starting thinking, what have I done, and then tried to help her but it was too late because the last stab was in the chest and killed her? In that scenerio, it could be spur of the moment rage and only have 3 stab wounds.

mad hatter said:
I don't agree with it being a spur of the moment crime, however. I think that the perp could have looked into getting a gun, realized that s/he couldn't get one without a paper trail, and altered their plan out of necessity.

ewwwinteresting said:
I've been thinking about that to and thought, what if it was a crime of passion but he didn't actually want to kill Janet and after stabbing her 3 times, stopped, starting thinking, what have I done, and then tried to help her but it was too late because the last stab was in the chest and killed her? In that scenerio, it could be spur of the moment rage and only have 3 stab wounds.
True but at the same time, I think that if he realized after the fact, "Oh no, what have I done?", that he would have been too disoriented to not leave enough clues to have been arrested weeks, (if not months), ago.

ETA: If the three wound statement is correct, and there was only one potentially fatal wound then it seems to me that either the person got very lucky (or unlucky as most of us view it), with the one and only wound that happened to be fatal or the person only wanted to leave one wound, and made certain that it would end up being fatal. The ME's report would be extremely helpful here in determining how much damage there was to the heart and/or lung and/or major arteries.

Sorry I am not up on this case,I am curious as to why everyone thinks her other half did it? I keep hearing he had affairs ect.... toys,played soccer , what more did he gain from doing this? Lots of married men have affairs and have every intention of staying with their spouse.

It apperas to me he had his bread buttered with Janet, plus jam on it so why kill her? Men do say silly things when you say you are leaving with the kids ,but the same men go pale a dizzy when you say "And I am not taking the kids" trust me Ive done it to call his bluff !!!lol

I have read lots of this particular threads in here yet still I havent come up with a motive as I am sure she wasnt having affairs and I think he was the type of guy who wouldnt have liked his comfort zone threatened.

I dont think the stolen sports mechadise is a big thing really, young men do lots of this type of stuff everday !!Love to hear from others on this

Premeditated, he was starting his new life, moved his beloved vehicle so it didn't get handled by the detectives, day before he posts about his new beginning.

I have heard that before, why would SP kill Laci, he had his cake and was eating it too. Lots of men have affairs and don't kill. SP did and in the end I'm sure we'll all find out that Raven did too.

I am suspicious of him, but not definately decided on guilt.
1) His behavior before and after the murder
2) LE has not declared he has been cleared as a suspect. They didn't outright declare him as a suspect. But they did say they don't think it was a random murder, and that the public is not in any danger. They think Janet was "targeted" for the murder.
3) The family was under a tremendous strain- financially, legally, he was at fault and he knew it. That along with another child to care for would have put huge strain on the marriage.

And somewhere on one of these threads, someone posted a list of factors that contribute to the murder (of a spouse?), and it included financial trouble, losing a job, etc. Ironically, we are now learning that Raven may not have only lost his ES job in January, resulting in the legal (and some more of the financial?) trouble, but that he may indeed have been fired from a job within one week prior to Janet's murder. Also, being unmedicated for mania could be a big factor. And add in there any possible life insurance policy, and it seems the perfect recipe for disaster. JMO.

There is a statistic, I will try to find, and post, but for now you can consider it hearsay until I find it, that shows that unmedicated people with bi-polar disorder or Manic Depression results in Suicide rather than Homocide.

I am not disputing the he may have been labeled with bi-polar disorder/Manic Depression, but I think it may be more an issue of Sociopathic tendancies, which fits Raven quite well.

terminatrixator said:
There is a statistic, I will try to find, and post, but for now you can consider it hearsay until I find it, that shows that unmedicated people with bi-polar disorder or Manic Depression results in Suicide rather than Homocide.

I am not disputing the he may have been labeled with bi-polar disorder/Manic Depression, but I think it may be more an issue of Sociopathic tendancies, which fits Raven quite well.

As my grandmother used to say, "A dog can have fleas AND ticks"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllaMichael
Back