Pre- Trial Hearing - Thurs., 12/11/08 at 9:00 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think JB is going to ask for a continuance also. On Geraldo last nite he said that his plans would be revealed at the pretrial hearing so we will find out soon. I would almost bet a months salary there will be no trial in January altho I bet KC is anxious to get the trial over with so she can get out of jail! I think she thinks she will beat this rap!

I think JB is going to ask for a continuance also. On Geraldo last nite he said that his plans would be revealed at the pretrial hearing so we will find out soon. I would almost bet a months salary there will be no trial in January altho I bet KC is anxious to get the trial over with so she can get out of jail! I think she thinks she will beat this rap!

I know this is petty....but perhaps if he were to put some work into things at oh lets say HIS OFFICE this week----he could get something done....NO MORE MEDIA .......
He was also told at the hearing that if he didn't want to pay for the "tips" he could send one of his many workers there to review them...(he did state that he had lots of people just waiting around to check out these vip taps....)----maybe he just wants more experience in filing forms and paperwork....hmmmm

anyword if kc will be there?????

jmo

My money is on her not showing. The last thing she wants to do is face the cameras in shackles "looking like hell." JMO. She seems pretty comfortable where she is actually-no visitors and nothing to do but order from the commissary.

Boy, just when I thought I had this figured out....NOT! I had the scenario going down as a PB this week or an extension by both or either party under the guise of discovery to further negotiate one. THEN...the sup for video evidence. Hmmm....why does he want that if hes gonna plea her case? Insisting that she maybe alive is against the grain of a plea of she did it, shes dead, we'll tell you where in exchange for XXXX years. Then the move by the A team to appear on LKL that shes alive. It seems like they are revving up the minister of misinformation again.

It appears the defense is calling out the LE and again disregarding the offer to plea (remember they gave her oppty in Aug to tell them everything)

So, based on this new twist...I would forsee a doc dump before or at the pretrial laying out ALL the evidence once and for all. I think LE is holding back until then to see if JB comes to his senses.

I look for the gloves to come off Thursday. We will probably have all the evidence then.

It will be interesting if the pretrial is televised. It should be, no doubt, UNLESS some sort of closed door plea is going on.

My money is on her not showing. The last thing she wants to do is face the cameras in shackles "looking like hell." JMO. She seems pretty comfortable where she is actually-no visitors and nothing to do but order from the commissary.

Excellent point, but I think her lil butt cant resist an opportunity to get in front of a lens. Look for her to miss lil contrite, look what they're doing to me, waaah waaah

It has been reported that KC is an annoying chatterbox. It has been stated that she talks alot about nothing while on home confinement. Because of this I don't feel JB is going to let her say a word for fear she would increminate herself & make him out more a fool. It makes me just shake my head thinking of her using all these big words out of context.

I'll be at work when this happens, anybody willing to text my phone as to what happens?

Anyone willing to post what goes on at the pre trial if I cant get it on the tv? I sure hope the actual trial gets televised on Tru Tv- after following this whole case and then to have to miss the trial would be a bummer. Is anyone planning on taping the trial in case people miss it where people can buy copies of it?

THANK YOU- I dont live in Orlando and cant get their local stations- I cant even load tru tv website- this box wont load their site so can't even check it out- very annoying. Please- if you find anything out, please post it or email me- thanks a million

Just go to the individual local TV stations..they direct links on their website for streaming coverage. Use it all the time..it works..just have a fast connection so you dont get knocked off.

No.

From Florida rules criminal procedure:

RULE 3.180. PRESENCE OF DEFENDANT
(a) Presence of Defendant. In all prosecutions for crime the defendant shall be present:(1) at first appearance;
(2) when a plea is made, unless a written plea of not guilty shall be made in writing under the provisions of rule
3.170(a);
(3) at any pretrial conference, unless waived by the defendant in writing;

Do we know if she waived her presence in writing?

Salem

No.

He can generally do that before, during, or after the pre-trial.

Fl Rule Crim Procedure 3.240:
(c) Time for Filing. A motion for change of venue shall be filed no less than 10 days before the time the case is
called for trial unless good cause is shown for failure to file within such time.

Never mind- I missed that little l there :)

THANK YOU- I dont live in Orlando and cant get their local stations- I cant even load tru tv website- this box wont load their site so can't even check it out- very annoying. Please- if you find anything out, please post it or email me- thanks a million
You might be able to see it on the web at WFTV or WKMG or WESH or Channel 13 Orlando, or Fox 35 Orlando. They are all gaga about reporting updates as they happen.

LOL- I dont get streaming video either- cant get pdf's, no videos, no docs- I have a webtv- I'm lucky to be able to load websleuths and sometimes thats a promblem

Is it me or is Webcam 2 working at the courthouse? If it is, maybe it's because of the pre-trial hearing?

This is the procedure in Florida:

I Pretrial release
A. release by posting bond
1. posting bond
2. bail bond
3. ROR
II First appearance
III Arraignment
A. this is where a plea is entered
1. guilty
2. not guilty
3. no contest
IV Notice of appearance
A. attorney files notice of appearance on behalf of client
B. attorney enters written plea
c. attorney files demand for discovery
V The discovery process
A. attorney is given the right to examine all evidence
B. the attorney takes depositions of all state witnesses
1. the depositions take sworn testimony from witnesses
a. police officers
b. any witnesses to the offense
c. witnesses providing forensic evidence
C. prosecution takes depositions from defense witnesses
1. the accused has the right to remain silent
VI. Pretrial hearing
A. judge determines if case can be settled
B. judge determines if there is enough evidence to proceed to trial
C. unless specifically excused accused must attend this hearing
VII Trial

So what's wrong with this picture? Has Baez taken ANY depositions from the state's witnesses? If he hasn't how can he possibly impeach these witnesses? If any attorney has allowed the case to get this far in the procedure, THIS is where he will try to get this case thrown out, dismissed or settled - no good attorney wants his client to go to trial if he can possibly avoid it.

Sorry for the crude outline, I'm supposed to be working.

This is the procedure in Florida:

~snipped~

So what's wrong with this picture? Has Baez taken ANY depositions from the state's witnesses? If he hasn't how can he possibly impeach these witnesses? If any attorney has allowed the case to get this far in the procedure, THIS is where he will try to get this case thrown out, dismissed or settled - no good attorney wants his client to go to trial if he can possibly avoid it.

Sorry for the crude outline, I'm supposed to be working.

Yes, JB did depose Amscot employe, TL, and SB and 2 others from the tow yard. These are the only ones I know of.

Yes, JB did depose CA, GA, TL, and SB from the tow yard. These are the only ones I know of.

and he will more than likely complain of lack of time....but has time for MEDIA :banghead::banghead::doh::doh:

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back