Psych Profile- Elizabeth Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LM did everything legally. If he had just taken the baby EJ would have had the police on him in a heartbeat. As it was she accused him of kidnapping Gabriel when in reality she had given him away to the Smiths. I can't think of a thing LM did wrong. He had no way of predicting that EJ would take off like she did and he had done all he could legally to protect the baby. Hindsight is 20/20 but if LE had put out an Amber Alert as soon as he had custody and they knew the baby was in San Antonio things might have been different.

Logan did take Gabe to a relative's home on December 8 when he told EJ he was ending the relationship, and she said "Take that damn baby with you". That same night, EJ did call LE, and LE forced Logan to take Gabe back, despite his telling LE that Gabe was in danger from Elizabeth.

Info reference: Case calendar for December 8, Questions for the family thread.

I really am not trying to blame anyone or to upset other readers. I honestly feel very badly for this young man as well. He has handled himself with calmness, unsensational observation and determination. There is much to admire about how he has approached everything once he realized there was a big problem. I assume that he felt, given LE's directive, he could do nothing else but allow G to go back to EJ but I feel that no matter how gut-wrenching it might have been for LM to be back in EJ's company, if it were me I would have had to go too or send someone on my behalf. I imagine LM, as a young father who was unprepared for the circumstances he found himself in, misread the severity of instability in the situation or couldn't imagine how at risk G was. Perhaps working with guardian ad litems, cps, and case managers where I live has affected how I read this ( or maybe it's just that I have a few years on LM) but I honestly believe I would have moved back in or at the very least insisted on seeing him every single day.

I have an ENORMOUS gripe with CPS and the courts and Tempe LE. I'm just wishing aloud that rather than send G alone, tiny and defenseless,back into a situation that bad, that all the people who felt he was in such danger made sure someone was with him or checked on his welfare--and did so often! I understood that there was a visit that EJ didn't comply with (Sunday AM)and LM didn't report and that a couple of weeks passed between the 9th and her departure. I think LE had a moral imperative to make regular visits especially since LM had reported his concerns and they were substantiated with other legal charges.

This whole thing has saddened me to the point of distraction and I apologize to all I have offended with my ramblings.

I really am not trying to blame anyone or to upset other readers. I honestly feel very badly for this young man as well. He has handled himself with calmness, unsensational observation and determination. There is much to admire about how he has approached everything once he realized there was a big problem. I assume that he felt, given LE's directive, he could do nothing else but allow G to go back to EJ but I feel that no matter how gut-wrenching it might have been for LM to be back in EJ's company, if it were me I would have had to go too or send someone on my behalf. I imagine LM, as a young father who was unprepared for the circumstances he found himself in, misread the severity of instability in the situation or couldn't imagine how at risk G was. Perhaps working with guardian ad litems, cps, and case managers where I live has affected how I read this ( or maybe it's just that I have a few years on LM) but I honestly believe I would have moved back in or at the very least insisted on seeing him every single day.

I have an ENORMOUS gripe with CPS and the courts and Tempe LE. I'm just wishing aloud that rather than send G alone, tiny and defenseless,back into a situation that bad, that all the people who felt he was in such danger made sure someone was with him or checked on his welfare--and did so often! I understood that there was a visit that EJ didn't comply with (Sunday AM)and LM didn't report and that a couple of weeks passed between the 9th and her departure. I think LE had a moral imperative to make regular visits especially since LM had reported his concerns and they were substantiated with other legal charges.

This whole thing has saddened me to the point of distraction and I apologize to all I have offended with my ramblings.

No offense taken here. My thoughts exactly. I know I would have reported him missing the moment she didn't show up and I never understood that as well. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but I don't know the problem there. He had reported her to police before so it wasn't like he was trying to protect her. I just don't know

Logan did insist on seeing Gabe. Elizabeth gave Gabe to the Smiths, and nobody who knew where he was - Elizabeth, Tempe LE, the courts, and CPS - would tell Logan where he was. He drove the streets day and night trying to find Gabe.

When EJ didn't comply with the Sunday visit, Logan did report it.

I recommend you read up on the facts of this case.

You are absolutely correct that LE, the court, and CPS were remiss in their duties. They should have listened to Logan telling them that Gabe was in grave danger from Elizabeth, taken Gabe from the Smiths, and given him to Logan, where Gabe would now be safe and well cared, instead of missing or murdered as he is.

I have read an awful lot but if I missed that LM reported it, where might I find it? I've only seen stories that explain LM didn't report EJ still having G on the 18th rather than giving G to LM for his court appointed visitation but that LM didn't believe G was in danger because EJ was with friends. If I'm somehow turned around on this, I would be thrilled to get more facts. Thanks.

I think it's easy for anyone to say "well I would of done this" in this case and there does seem to be opportunities that were missed in order to help Gabriel prior but we were not there and do not know exactly what happened. That's the past that can't be changed and placing blame or questioning others actions at the time doesn't help find Gabriel now. Logan is doing eveything in his power now to find Gabriel and I can only imagine what he's going through and we all know he and his family read here so maybe we should show support instead of question the past that can't be changed.

We all need to put our thinking caps back on...not that we ever took them off...and see where it takes us. My theory or thought if you will, if SAPD does charge her with Aggrevated Homicde, this could be the huge. And if she is talking with her brother, maybe he will be the one to convince her, nows the time for the truth to tell us where Gabriel is. She'd have to think she has nothing to gain by not doing it...JMO

No offense taken here. My thoughts exactly. I know I would have reported him missing the moment she didn't show up and I never understood that as well. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but I don't know the problem there. He had reported her to police before so it wasn't like he was trying to protect her. I just don't know

You need to read up on the facts of the case. Logan was in touch with LE from Dec 8. He was in touch with the courts from Dec 11.

The date you're referencing for the visit was Dec 20, a Sunday. Court was not open that day. The very next day, when court was open, Logan was right there filing for custody because EJ had kidnapped Gabe.

I have read an awful lot but if I missed that LM reported it, where might I find it? I've only seen stories that explain LM didn't report EJ still having G on the 18th rather than giving G to LM for his court appointed visitation but that LM didn't believe G was in danger because EJ was with friends. If I'm somehow turned around on this, I would be thrilled to get more facts. Thanks.

You can start right here in this forum to learn the facts of the case. We've had a lot of people work very hard here to weed out the facts and provide supporting source references, and separate those facts from the rumors that have proliferated such as the one you mention that Logan didn't believe Gabe was in danger.

Logan was in touch with LE and CPS before this even all happened, back before December 8.

On December 8, Logan expressed to Tempe LE his grave concern for the danger Gabe was in from Elizabeth.

On December 9, Logan again expressed to Tempe LE his grave concern for the danger Gabe was in from Elizabeth.

On December 11, Logan filed for custody, expressing in those court documents his grave concern for the danger Gabe was in from Elizabeth.

It was not the 18th, but the 20th, when Logan went to pick up Gabe for his joint custody, and found Elizabeth gone. That was a Sunday when court was closed. The very next day, when court was open, Logan filed for emergency temporary full custody of Gabe, and expressed in those documents his grave concern for the danger Gabe was in from Elizabeth.

These are just very few of the many documented times Logan contacted LE, the courts, and CPS, crying out for help because he was so seriously concerned about the danger Gabe was in from Elizabeth.

I'd recommend to get the facts, you begin in the Important Links thread in the sticky threads at the top of Gabe's forum, or in the case calendar which is linked in the first post of case calendar thread in the Timeline subforum at the top of Gabe's forum. For each event in the case calendar, you can click on the event, and you will get not only a description of the event, but links to credible sources so you can see where the facts come from. The Questions for & Info from the Family is also another rich source of information on this case, and includes information that has not appeared in the press.

chell, if you want to find out anything specific, or if I can help you any more in your journey to learn the facts of this case, please feel free to call on me any time. I'm happy to help. And that goes for anyone looking to learn the facts of this case. Contact me anytime - I'm happy to help. I want nothing more than for this baby's true story to be known.

Thanks,
BeanE

Email: beane.at.websleuths@gmail.com

BeanE I am sorry if I offended you. I have been following this case since it was first reported. The December 18 date did throw me. However, I wonder why LE did not take Gabriel from the Smith's when EJ reported Logan had kidnapped him, I am not sure why he was allowed to remain there 9 days if the custodial parent did not have him and the father wanted him. Even when they produced those documents for temporary guardianship signed by EJ it seems those would have been null and void if the father didn't sign them. I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I was just agreeing that it all seems strange. I admire Logan for all he is doing and we don't know what has happened behind the scenes before and after Gabriel went missing. As far as facts go, I have seen every news article there is to be seen and discussed the case in length with others. If Decemeber 20 was a sunday and he reported it the next day, what took so long to locate her to December 27. LE could not find her in one week time...as soon as the TPS contacted LM then Tempe PD should have contacted SA police to have her picked up.

No one offended me :)

What everyone needs to keep in mind is that Logan is not only a father going through a tragedy, but he is also a victim - a named victim - of Elizabeth's crimes. We're not going to pick him apart and trash him, most especially without any facts or credible sources to support negative aspersions.

Websleuths is a victim's advocacy forum. We support victims. Where LE has made it clear, as in this case, that certain family members of the children in these tragic crimes are not under any suspicion of wrongdoing, we recognize that those family members are victims. We support them.

IMO, there are enough bad guys in the world - too many bad guys. We don't need to create any more.

Now, let's please get back to topic.

Thanks,
BeanE

Mom in missing Tempe baby case due in court today
Last Update: 8:54 am

ABC15 spoke with forensic psychologist Dr. Michael Bayless, who has not evaluated or treated Johnson, to get some insight into the reason she's being so uncooperative with authorities.

"Possibly, she has an emotional disturbance which is causing her a great deal of fear and anxiety, which she is attempting to avoid," he said.

As for why Johnson took off with her son Gabriel in the first place, Bayliss said the young mother may have thought what she was doing was good for her child.

"Sometimes people become very obsessed," said Bayless. "And they're compelled to do something, in their mind, they feel as though they are saving the child. Preventing the child from being like the father or being like the mother."

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/s...ue-in-court-today/6PhW8F-82kSl7PwFqFdGgw.cspx

Completely agree BeanE. At first I thought she was just vengeful and selfish, but now I'm realizing she really is disturbed. I wish now we could hear more from her just to get more insight. I think this gives us a better idea why she's not telling what happened to Gabe, too. Although, seeing this side of her worries me slightly she could have hurt Gabe.

I think she has some type of mental disorder, but I do not think she is psychotic. Like I said in the other thread, she thought in essence that her lawyer was gossiping other clients to her. In reality, her lawyer was probably telling her scenarios that have happened which is public information. EJ may be smart, but she does not know how the criminal court system works. She still has the frame of mind of a high schooler. Woman do not fully mature mentally until at least 25 years of age....Her reactions are exactly how a highschooler acts. Especially, with how she has acted toward LM. Today was an eye opening experience for her and she was visibly shaken. People should not be able to have kids until after the age of 25 in my book.

She has those bulging, crazy eyes, like those of a paranoid schizophrenic. I've been worried about her mental health ever since the report that she was banging her head against the windows in the police car, not to mention the laundromat sightings and now how she's acting in jail/court. I thought it was bipolar rage that she would go through before but now it seems her mental problems are deeper and/or the bipolar could of lead to PP psychosis or the extreme stress could of exposed an underlying condition-like schizophrenia that usually reveals itself in women in their mid to late 20's. I wonder if there is a history of mental illness in her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back