Psychologists Dr. Jeffery Danziger; Dr. Alan Berns; Dr. William Weitz; Dr. Harry Kro

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not think ICA will ever plea on this. I think the DT was going with "please excuse ICA for the murder of her daughter because she grew up in a dysfunctional family and she had a bad day."

That is funny but scary at the same time because I can see the defense trying to go this way, but it has to be the most laughable defense I've ever heard of.

And stamping her feet while proclaiming, "This isn't fair!"

:giggle:

Actually, I see Baez stomping his feet and yelling, "This isn't FAIR! They were OUR doctors! OURS! Stupid STATE!"

I bolded part of your post. Yes I agree this is probably the game plan.

That ICA was so traumatized by Caylee being abducted by someone else and consequently murdered that she suffers PTSD. (not my thoughts just speculation).

That's going to be a hard sell. Real hard.

My only experience with PTSD was with a personal experience in my life and having lived in the military community and seeing soldiers return with this diagnosis.

Defense if full of bull stinky on PTSD. JMHO.

Yeah, if Casey suffered PTSD, I have some beachfront real estate in Oklahoma to sell. That girl doesn't know what PTSD stands for. She's never had anything in her life to give her PTSD. She went right on, partying and living it up because of no more responsibility. What a crock of s***. What a mockery of PTSD and it's real victims if the defense goes this route. I am offended just thinking about it.

I bolded part of your post. Yes I agree this is probably the game plan.

That ICA was so traumatized by Caylee being abducted by someone else and consequently murdered that she suffers PTSD. (not my thoughts just speculation).

That's going to be a hard sell. Real hard.

My only experience with PTSD was with a personal experience in my life and having lived in the military community and seeing soldiers return with this diagnosis.

Defense if full of bull stinky on PTSD. JMHO.

Bolded by me.. A really tough sell since she was well aware that her child was missing for 31 days. She was aware enough to state what happened and when. She was clear in her story of how she was looking for her..How do they explain the sudden "awareness" and lack of PTSD once caught?

Actually, I see Baez stomping his feet and yelling, "This isn't FAIR! They were OUR doctors! OURS! Stupid STATE!"

:floorlaugh:

True story. This really happened to me. I had the other side's expert on the stand during trial, and by showing him the evidence (rather than the load of bull fed to him by opposing counsel) got him to give an opinion in favor of my client. Opposing counsel jumped up and said, "Objection!" Judge: "Based on what?" Opposing counsel: "This witness can't testify for her. He's my witness. I paid him!" Laughter throughout courtroom. Court reporter begins to choke. Objection overruled.

True story. This really happened to me. I had the other side's expert on the stand during trial, and by showing him the evidence (rather than the load of bull fed to him by opposing counsel) got him to give an opinion in favor of my client. Opposing counsel jumped up and said, "Objection!" Judge: "Based on what?" Opposing counsel: "This witness can't testify for her. He's my witness. I paid him!" Laughter throughout courtroom. Court reporter begins to choke. Objection overruled.

NOW THAT is "GOOD LAWYERING", AZ! WTG!:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Something was said by these two doctors to make them want to put them on their witness list. I can think of a few things that would pique the State's interest enough to make them want to use them as their own witnesses.

Zanny the Nanny - Has the story changed once again? Although I believe the defense is going to have to admit that this whole story of a nanny was a lie... they really don't have a choice... but does Casey admit to it being a lie? What good does it do the defense if they admit that Casey was lying... but Casey doesn't admit to lying? Was she sticking with the ZFG being the last person to be seen with Caylee (by Casey only) when talking to these doctors? One thing that I noticed in the LKB "Of course Casey was lying about the nanny" was that yes, the defense knows the nanny was a lie... but there was no mention about whether this woman actually ever existed. Is Casey still saying that this woman exists... she just wasn't a "nanny." That she left Caylee with a "friend" that wasn't a "nanny" for a few days so she could get her things together? The possibilities are endless with Casey and what she revealed!

The reason I do not believe Casey has waivered from her "ZFG" story is because she, even after it being proven 100% fact that she did not work at Universal Studios, told DCF that she DID work at Universal... she didn't care what LE was saying. Casey always thinks she can get the next person to believe her and her lies. Like if George didn't believe her... she knew Cindy would. It is how she operates.

Accident - Did Casey admit to an accident? This I find to be extremely unlikley. We know the defense is going to try and convince a jury that this could have been an accident... but what good does it do the defense if Casey is denying any accident happened?

This is where I am going... the defense is going to say a lot of things FOR Casey... no nanny... accident... ect... but if Casey is actually denying these things to these doctors that are working for HER... it goes against everything the defense is presenting to the jury. Not only has Casey lied this whole time, but now her own defense is lying. People do not like being lied to! A jury of 12 people is no exception.

This is just my opinion of what could be going on and if this is what is actually happening... brilliant move on the part of the State!

That is funny but scary at the same time because I can see the defense trying to go this way, but it has to be the most laughable defense I've ever heard of.

Yeah, if Casey suffered PTSD, I have some beachfront real estate in Oklahoma to sell. That girl doesn't know what PTSD stands for. She's never had anything in her life to give her PTSD. She went right on, partying and living it up because of no more responsibility. What a crock of s***. What a mockery of PTSD and it's real victims if the defense goes this route. I am offended just thinking about it.

BBM

Uh. . . how about Parties, Tattoos, Sex, Drinking?

:crazy:

:laughcry:

I didn't know Baez was licensed in Arizona!!! :floorlaugh:

What confuses me is the timeline and how this whole thing flip flopped.

First there were reports submitted to the defense team by the Mental Health Experts.

That was March 25th, according to the Motion in Limine by the state.

Apparently these reports were embraced by the defense team who wanted to add them to the guilt phase as experts immediately.

In response, the state tries to squash it, with the Motion in Limine.

The deposition moves forward, on April 7th, but mid-session it implodes, and the DT calls a halt to their desire to finish the deposition and takes the experts off their list.

In response, the state ADDS them to their witness list.

SO WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THE TIME THE EXPERTS SUBMITTED THEIR REPORTS AND THE DAY OF THE DEPOSITION?

It seems obvious that the DT was unaware of one of the key findings by the experts.
I wonder what was revealed?

It has a unique meaning for ICA :-

Party
Time
Snothead's
Dead..

First there were reports submitted to the defense team by the Mental Health Experts.

Apparently these reports were embraced by the defense team who wanted to add them to the guilt phase as experts immediately.

The deposition moves forward, on April 7th, but mid-session it implodes, and the DT calls a halt to their desire to finish the deposition and takes the experts off their list.

SO WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THE TIME THE EXPERTS SUBMITTED THEIR REPORTS AND THE DAY OF THE DEPOSITION?

It seems obvious that the DT was unaware of one of the key findings by the experts.

It sounds to me that since the DT has said they don't request "reports" from it's experts, that these reports given to them were probably full of only what they wanted to hear, not all of the findings of their experts. I bet they left out a lot in those supposed "reports". I'm not putting down the experts, but the way the DT has treated their experts so far, I think that they didn't have much choice in what kind of "report" to give to the DT. The DT may have told them, only write us a report about things favorable to our case. I can totally see that happening.

I think when the deposition happened, JA and/or LDB, as skillful as they are, managed to pull some information out of one of the DT's experts that the DT did not know about, and it made Casey look really bad. Or, they got so close to bringing something bad out that the DT realized it and brought it to a halt before the SA could get this information from one of the DT's experts. Then the SA called HHJP to complain that the DT was stopping legitimate questioning, probably that there was no reason to stop the deposition, and then the DT called HHJP to explain why, and possibly offered to back off of these experts if the deposition was halted. I highly doubt it stopped just because the DT whined about it.

I just wish I had been a fly on the wall during that depo. And I do wonder what made the state add them to their witness list too.

I think that the DT simply saw something in the report that they could exploit. AFAIK, the SA can only cross examine the DT's witness' about topics that the DT bring up in court. If that is the case, the DT may have found one tiny glimmer of hope in something that one of the experts claimed in their reports and sought to take it and run with it. The expression "give them an inch and they will take a mile" comes to mind. Apparently, the SA saw right through their attempts and "one-upped" them. Now, these two experts are going to be called by the SA and I am confident that they will question them thoroughly, leaving no stone unturned. All for Caylee! :great:

Info on Dr. Harry Krop and parental alienation syndrome. MUST READ!

http://ns2.circuit8.org/family/MINUTES2_25_08.pdf

snip

Our speaker was Dr. Harry Krop who gave a presentation about parental
alienation syndrome. He provided a handout explaining parental alienation that
included pages 67 through 97 from a chapter of the book, “The Parental Alienation
Syndrome and the Differentiation Between Fabricated and Genuine Child Sexual
Abuse” by Richard A. Gardner, M.D.
Dr. Krop asked Judge McDonald if she has heard the term parental alienation
syndrome being used in court. She explained that it has been used a few times in court,
but that the facts of the case are typically argued, as opposed to the term itself being
used.
Dr. Krop explained that parental alienation syndrome is a controversial term. He
explained that only seven to nine cases or so have dealt with it as an issue. Dr. Krop
mentioned that he is permitted to testify in court about parental alienation syndrome if
nobody objects. He then went on to explain that Dr. Gardner uses a specific definition
to describe parental alienation syndrome.
Dr. Krop described a court case where one of the clearest examples of
pathological parental alienation syndrome took place. He explained that nine mental
health professionals had provided assistance to the family. The case was a custody
battle and included two children. Dr. Krop explained that there were sexual allegations
against the father. He also mentioned that there was a history of domestic violence
between the parents. Dr. Krop was granted access to both children. However, the
mother, who lived in another county, refused to bring the child to Gainesville because
that is where the father lived. She later called the police and stated that she thought the
father might kidnap the child and several police officers were present at the child’s
appointment to ensure the father was not there. In addition, the mother called the police
and accused Dr. Krop of attempting to kidnap the child because of him making
arrangements to interview the child in Gainesville.
Dr. Krop provided a written report to the court and explained his concerns
regarding parental alienation syndrome taking place in the case. He also watched a
Child Protection Team video and reviewed depositions in the case. Dr. Krop’s
conclusion was there was not sufficient evidence that sexual abuse occurred. His
recommendation was that the children remain with the mother and the father have
supervised visits at the Family Visitation Center. Recently, the Department of Children
Families received new allegations about this family, including drug use by the father,
and Dr. Krop has been asked by the court to complete an updated report on the family.
Dr. Krop explained that Dr. Gardner provides different examples and levels of
parental alienation syndrome in the handout provided. Dr. Krop also explained that
brainwashing is an intentional attempt where one parent is stating that the other parent
is bad. However, most times, the alienation is subtle. Typically, the parent who is the
alienating parent has a lack of recognition of how detrimental the alienation is to the
child. Dr. Krop explained that there is difficulty in determining at what point you
determine to remove a child from an alienating parent. He explained that the courts
want to do shared parental responsibility more. Dr. Krop mentioned that in the past,
fathers were typically not a player in custody issues where parental alienation syndrome
existed. He explained that when asked, a child sometimes has a hard time being
specific about parental alienation syndrome or they tend to repeat themselves when
providing details.
Dr. Krop then provided an example scenario of a mother being the alienating
parent. He explained that a formal psychological evaluation and testing of the child and
father takes place. If sexual allegations are made, he then conducts a psychosexual
evaluation on the father. Dr. Krop then speaks to the child alone while the mother is in
the waiting room. The child is typically hostile when describing the father, paternal
grandparents and paternal aunts and uncles. Dr. Krop explained that when a neutral
party brings the child to an appointment and is in the waiting room, the child is softer.
Dr. Krop went on to explain that he then plays games with the child. In addition, there is
a session with the father about parameters on how to respond to the child when they
are hostile. Dr. Krop explained that the evaluation process and the recommendations
are long-term.
Judge McDonald discussed having teenagers testify in court. She explained that
the parents are cleared out of the courtroom and the attorneys remain in the courtroom.
Dr. Krop stated that children testifying in court depends on the child’s maturity level. He
also mentioned that if they do not testify the child may feel they have no control over
the decisions being made about them. He explained that there is a chapter in the
handout that addresses this.
Dr. Krop mentioned that parental alienation syndrome is not always looked at.
He stated that the facts are sometimes taken at face value. He explained that children
tend to downplay or minimize to overprotect parents. Dr. Krop encouraged custody
evaluators to look at both sides of the issue.

snip

included pages 67 through 97 from a chapter of the book, “The Parental Alienation
syndrome being used in court. She explained that it has been used a few times in court,
but that the facts of the case are typically argued, as opposed to the term itself being
used.
Dr. Krop explained that parental alienation syndrome is a controversial term. He
explained that only seven to nine cases or so have dealt with it as an issue. Dr. Krop
mentioned that he is permitted to testify in court about parental alienation syndrome if
nobody objects. He then went on to explain that Dr. Gardner uses a specific definition
pathological parental alienation syndrome took place. He explained that nine mental
health professionals had provided assistance to the family. The case was a custody
battle and included two children. Dr. Krop explained that there were sexual allegations
against the father. He also mentioned that there was a history of domestic violence
mother, who lived in another county, refused to bring the child to Gainesville because
that is where the father lived. She later called the police and stated that she thought the
father might kidnap the child and several police officers were present at the child’s
appointment to ensure the father was not there. In addition, the mother called the police
regarding parental alienation syndrome taking place in the case. He also watched a
conclusion was there was not sufficient evidence that sexual abuse occurred. His
supervised visits at the Family Visitation Center. Recently, the Department of Children
Families received new allegations about this family, including drug use by the father,
and Dr. Krop has been asked by the court to complete an updated report on the family.
parental alienation syndrome in the handout provided. Dr. Krop also explained that
brainwashing is an intentional attempt where one parent is stating that the other parent
is bad. However, most times, the alienation is subtle. Typically, the parent who is the
alienating parent has a lack of recognition of how detrimental the alienation is to the
child. Dr. Krop explained that there is difficulty in determining at what point you
determine to remove a child from an alienating parent. He explained that the courts
want to do shared parental responsibility more. Dr. Krop mentioned that in the past,
fathers were typically not a player in custody issues where parental alienation syndrome
specific about parental alienation syndrome or they tend to repeat themselves when
providing details.
parent. He explained that a formal psychological evaluation and testing of the child and
father takes place. If sexual allegations are made, he then conducts a psychosexual
evaluation on the father. Dr. Krop then speaks to the child alone while the mother is in
the waiting room. The child is typically hostile when describing the father, paternal
grandparents and paternal aunts and uncles. Dr. Krop explained that when a neutral
party brings the child to an appointment and is in the waiting room, the child is softer.
Dr. Krop went on to explain that he then plays games with the child. In addition, there is
a session with the father about parameters on how to respond to the child when they
are hostile. Dr. Krop explained that the evaluation process and the recommendations
are long-term.
the parents are cleared out of the courtroom and the attorneys remain in the courtroom.
Dr. Krop stated that children testifying in court depends on the child’s maturity level. He
also mentioned that if they do not testify the child may feel they have no control over
the decisions being made about them. He explained that there is a chapter in the
He stated that the facts are sometimes taken at face value. He explained that children
tend to downplay or minimize to overprotect parents. Dr. Krop encouraged custody

This dude is the one still on their list?

snip

used.
providing details.
are long-term.

Is the defense claiming this or something?

Is the defense claiming this or something?

It seems like a pretty lame argument for the defense. I know the syndrome, and I have seen it happen in difficult custody/divorce cases, where one parent trash talks the other continuously and plants ugly thoughts in the kids heads.

But I do not see much evidence of it here. Sure, Cindy belittled and discounted and bullied everyone and emasculated George in front of the kids. But even so, no jury is going to give Casey a pass to kill her child because of it. Nor does it give her a pass to ignore it if 'someone else' kidnapped her child.

This seems like a weak attempt at a defense, imoo. [ If they are going to allude to it at all ]

At the 25 Feb 2011 status hearing, which occurred just 10 days after Dr. Krop's 3.5 hour examination of ICA, Michelle Medina served the following word salad:

http://www.wftv.com/video/26999580/index.html (@ 9:55)

MM: We have another motion with regards to a mental health expert and the mitigating factors in the penalty phase. This was a motion from attorney AF, who couldn't be here today. This is a request for approval of more costs. There needs to be more collateral interviews done with family as well as an evaluation and a couple of more visits that need to be made and were about to . . . .

JP: Is this with the confidential expert or is this with the mitigation specialist?

MM: No, the confidential expert, your Honour. And we're about to hit the $2500 cap. To avoid going over it we filed this motion.

JP: How many hours do you anticipate your expert needing?

MM: We requested another $4500.

JP: No, that doesn't answer my question. How many more additional hours, if you can tell me. I know you did not draft the motion. Ms. Finnell drafted the motion.

MM: I do not have that information with me because I know there would be travels involving visiting family members, immediate family members, as well as family members of the Anthony home and so I . . . I don't have that readily available but I can supplement that.

JP: I'm a little confused and maybe you can clear it up for me. I was under the impression that the confidential expert was gonna do an evaluation for purposes of determining whether or not there was mental mitigation or whether or not there were issues which are oftentime raised if someone is convicted in post-conviction relief that they may have suffered from some underlying mental illness that should have been brought to the jurors' attention: brain damage, some type of childhood trauma, or things of that nature, or to determine whether or not one may be competent or incompetent or suffer from various things. And what kind of threw me for a loop is when you start talking about family members. Most psychologists-slash-psychiatrists home in on the individual. It sounds like to me that you're utilizing this person as a second mitigation person when you've already had a mitigation [person].

From Tony Pipitone's live chat tonight:
What if Caylee died by accident, she put the body in the trunk and then -- when liquids started leaking -- she attached duct tape to keep the liquid inside the body. Sorry to be gross, but be prepared for graphic stuff like that when we get to trial.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27689768/detail.html

At the 25 Feb 2011 status hearing, which occurred just 10 days after Dr. Krop's 3.5 hour examination of ICA, Michelle Medina served the following word salad:

http://www.wftv.com/video/26999580/index.html (@ 9:55)

MM: We have another motion with regards to a mental health expert and the mitigating factors in the penalty phase. This was a motion from attorney AF, who couldn't be here today. This is a request for approval of more costs. There needs to be more collateral interviews done with family as well as an evaluation and a couple of more visits that need to be made and were about to . . . .

JP: Is this with the confidential expert or is this with the mitigation specialist?

MM: No, the confidential expert, your Honour. And we're about to hit the $2500 cap. To avoid going over it we filed this motion.

JP: How many hours do you anticipate your expert needing?

MM: We requested another $4500.

JP: No, that doesn't answer my question. How many more additional hours, if you can tell me. I know you did not draft the motion. Ms. Finnell drafted the motion.

MM: I do not have that information with me because I know there would be travels involving visiting family members, immediate family members, as well as family members of the Anthony home and so I . . . I don't have that readily available but I can supplement that.

JP: I'm a little confused and maybe you can clear it up for me. I was under the impression that the confidential expert was gonna do an evaluation for purposes of determining whether or not there was mental mitigation or whether or not there were issues which are oftentime raised if someone is convicted in post-conviction relief that they may have suffered from some underlying mental illness that should have been brought to the jurors' attention: brain damage, some type of childhood trauma, or things of that nature, or to determine whether or not one may be competent or incompetent or suffer from various things. And what kind of threw me for a loop is when you start talking about family members. Most psychologists-slash-psychiatrists home in on the individual. It sounds like to me that you're utilizing this person as a second mitigation person when you've already had a mitigation [person].

Trying to sneak those extra claims past HHJP is like trying to sneak daybreak past a Rooster...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5
Back