Psychologists Dr. Jeffery Danziger; Dr. Alan Berns; Dr. William Weitz; Dr. Harry Kro

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is going to bite the defense team sort of like how Petraco did! :giggle:

I'm holding a 2 mo. old baby & "peck typing" so can't link, but check out Harmony's post on the verified atty. thread!

eta: let's see if i did it okay

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6397660&postcount=1363"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Legal Questions for Our VERIFIED Lawyers #2[/ame]

Well, their testimonies must have been pretty damaging to the defense because now the state has added them to their witness list. LOVE IT.

I cannot wait to hear what their 'diagnosis' was, if any. I seem to remember that the consensus was that NO MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES were found. If so, that is detrimental to the defense because how can they explain the 31 days?

I'm sure she has no mental health issues. She is just a cold blooded murderer. I'm sure they will try to say that she was insane at the time of the murder or anything to try and save her.

Well, their testimonies must have been pretty damaging to the defense because now the state has added them to their witness list. LOVE IT.

I cannot wait to hear what their 'diagnosis' was, if any. I seem to remember that the consensus was that NO MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES were found. If so, that is detrimental to the defense because how can they explain the 31 days?

Diagnosis - Incorrigible liar.
Regarding her 'suppressed memories' of familial abuse- Malingering.
Opinion- She is fit to stand trial for this crime.

IMO of course.

Oh happy day!!! I have been waiting since day 31 to find out what a psych eval would prove about kc! I would bet the farm that there are a multitude of Axis II disorders (personality disorders).

BTW . . . In Session had a clip on this morning w/Vinnie P and JB, where Vinnie asked about kc being more "engaged" in her defense recently due to her rifling through papers and constantly writing. JB said some thing to the effect of he didn't want to make comments about kc but he did want to let everyone know that she was highly intelligent and was able to understand everything that was occurring in her case. JB just confirmed that there will be no "diminshed capacity" issue for the courts, in that her IQ and ability to understand the court proceedings and the consequences.

Now the STATE put the Defense mental health doctors on the STATE Witness List!!
And Dr. Danziger is the doctor who Judge S assigned to do the initial psych eval on the Inmate in July 2008.
And Dr. Danziger is the doctor who the DEFENSE abruptly stopped his deposition on April 7th, and then withdrew this doctor from both the Guilt Phase and Penalty Phase Defense Witness Lists.
The Defense also removed Dr. Weitz from the Defense Guilt Phase Witness List.

THANK YOU MUZIKMAN FOR GETTING THE DOCUMENTS

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...WYtZGVhNi00ZGZmLWE0NGQtYWFiNmQzMDk4OWE4&hl=en
2011.04.26 State Supplemental Witness List Danziger and Weitz.pdf

OKAY, so according to the states Motion in Limine as to the Mental Health Testimony, these doctors submitted their reports on March 25th. So after reading the testimony the state asked to quash the information. BUT THEN, during the deposition on April 7th, it was the defense that abruptly halted the proceedings and tried to keep the testimony out. And the state then proceeded to ADD the experts to their witness list. WOW.

Oh happy day!!! I have been waiting since day 31 to find out what a psych eval would prove about kc! I would bet the farm that there are a multitude of Axis II disorders (personality disorders).

BTW . . . In Session had a clip on this morning w/Vinnie P and JB, where Vinnie asked about kc being more "engaged" in her defense recently due to her rifling through papers and constantly writing. JB said some thing to the effect of he didn't want to make comments about kc but he did want to let everyone know that she was highly intelligent and was able to understand everything that was occurring in her case. JB just confirmed that there will be no "diminshed capacity" issue for the courts, in that her IQ and ability to understand the court proceedings and the consequences.

Great. So I guess that also means she was intelligent enough to be aware that her baby was missing? And she was capable of understanding the consequences and knew how to dial 911 if necessary.

OKAY, so according to the states Motion in Limine as to the Mental Health Testimony, these doctors submitted their reports on March 25th. So after reading the testimony the state asked to quash the information. BUT THEN, during the deposition on April 7th, it was the defense that abruptly halted the proceedings and tried to keep the testimony out. And the state then proceeded to ADD the experts to their witness list. WOW.

Perhaps they were going to go with Casey was raped as another poster here suggested for her remote in time trauma and the SA's said, "Hey wait, all those elaborate lies about Caylee's dad, more motive for murder as to ICA's resentment towards Caylee and being tied down with her. Madly in love with Tony who didn't want girls who Casey never wanted in the first place according to Kio, etc." Tons of good stuff there. I wonder if the SA's started asking about rage and anger issues directly related to a rape and Casey taking it out on Caylee? They stopped the depo and even called the Judge for some reason. No matter what they do it never helps Casey. They always manage to make her look worse. Of course JB will say she is intelligent, understands everything. No chance for an ineffective counsel claim. Why would he feel he needs to defend her intellect? You can see she's an idiot.

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall when the DT found out the SA listed those doctors as witnesses! You cannot make this stuff up!

The bain of the DT's very existence . . . how dare the SA use our own negative issues that we have dropped, against us? Oh the Irony!!!!

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall when the DT found out the SA listed those doctors as witnesses! You cannot make this stuff up!

I would love to have been a fly in the cell to see ICA's reactions to all of this evidence coming in....I bet she was frushtrated beyond belief and couldn't schwallow and her life depends on it...

Glorious day in Orange County Detention Center...I wonder if she will now look to change her plea...she is far from innocent even as she protests her innocence, the cards are stacked against her...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I would love to have been a fly in the cell to see ICA's reactions to all of this evidence coming in....I bet she was frushtrated beyond belief and couldn't schwallow and her life depends on it...

Glorious day in Orange County Detention Center...I wonder if she will now look to change her plea...she is far from innocent even as she protests her innocence, the cards are stacked against her...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

So much for her promising paralegal career...all that not taking and shuffling and research and big Gerus binder tearing-paper-out-of went for naught.

I do not think ICA will ever plea on this. I think the DT was going with "please excuse ICA for the murder of her daughter because she grew up in a dysfunctional family and she had a bad day."

Justice for Caylee

And stamping her feet while proclaiming, "This isn't fair!"

:giggle:

Now the STATE put the Defense mental health doctors on the STATE Witness List!!
And Dr. Danziger is the doctor who Judge S assigned to do the initial psych eval on the Inmate in July 2008.
And Dr. Danziger is the doctor who the DEFENSE abruptly stopped his deposition on April 7th, and then withdrew this doctor from both the Guilt Phase and Penalty Phase Defense Witness Lists.
The Defense also removed Dr. Weitz from the Defense Guilt Phase Witness List.

THANK YOU MUZIKMAN FOR GETTING THE DOCUMENTS

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...WYtZGVhNi00ZGZmLWE0NGQtYWFiNmQzMDk4OWE4&hl=en
2011.04.26 State Supplemental Witness List Danziger and Weitz.pdf

Wow...nice move.

The Defense still has several hurdles to get over.... the State will insist on having their own mental health expert examine the Inmate and I doubt they will arrive at a diagnosis of PTSD at the time Caylee was murdered.

The Defense does not even want the State expert to examine their client.
They have to wait to see what Motions the State files, and how the Judge rules on that issue.
Finnell was saying there is no Statute which would apply to allow the State to have the Defendant examined by a State expert, because the Defense is not claiming a mental health "defense" to murder, and is not claiming diminished capacity.

I believe the Defense will try to say that PTSD is the reason the Defendant did not act appropriately when SOMEONE ELSE killed Caylee ... not that PTSD caused the Inmate to kill Caylee.
The Defense has to wait to see if the Judge will allow them to add the PTSD doctor late - Dr. Weitz. The Judge may not agree that the "good cause" the Defense offered is good enough and not allow this doctor to be added to the witness list or to testify.

The Defense still has a long way to go to even get any PTSD testimony before the jury.

I bolded part of your post. Yes I agree this is probably the game plan.

That ICA was so traumatized by Caylee being abducted by someone else and consequently murdered that she suffers PTSD. (not my thoughts just speculation).

That's going to be a hard sell. Real hard.

My only experience with PTSD was with a personal experience in my life and having lived in the military community and seeing soldiers return with this diagnosis.

Defense if full of bull stinky on PTSD. JMHO.

I do not think ICA will ever plea on this. I think the DT was going with "please excuse ICA for the murder of her daughter because she grew up in a dysfunctional family and she had a bad day."

You are so right!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5
Back