Q & A ABOUT THE CASE**ask a question, leave an answer**NO DISCUSSION**#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK Native that is the date when someone left a comment. When I run my cursor over the comment I get a line that says to sign up to comment. I can't even read the comment without registering. :) The date is right beside comment so I think that is what that date reflects. It appears to me a comment was made on that page at that time.

I have never been to that page. Interesting. But the comment is it appears what triggered that date. NOT an update from PCSO. And it appears that PCSO has not changed that from missing to what the now believe may be a homicide. That pic has probably been there for a while with that little description.

OK Native that is the date when someone left a comment. When I run my cursor over the comment I get a line that says to sign up to comment. And beside comment is the date. When I click on it comment it asks me to register to comment. It appears to me a comment was made on that page at that time.

I have never been to that page. Interesting. But the comment is it appears what triggered that date. NOT an update from PCSO. And it appears that PCSO has not changed that from missing to what the now believe may be a homicide. That pic has probably been there for a while with that little description.

It looks to me like that is a new Facebook, there are no updates from before May 20, in the photo section the album for missing persons was created on May 20th and updated on the 21st. I don't see any comments under the Haleigh entry, so I think it was just added by PCSO, as far as homicide is concerned I think she's still classified as endangered/missing, so maybe that's why they don't mention homicide.

It looks to me like that is a new Facebook, there are no updates from before May 20, in the photo section the album for missing persons was created on May 20th and updated on the 21st. I don't see any comments under the Haleigh entry, so I think it was just added by PCSO, as far as homicide is concerned I think she's still classified as endangered/missing, so maybe that's why they don't mention homicide.

Maven thank you .....i was just not understanding as it was just added on may 20th and i couldnt understand why it didnt say homicide appreciate the explanation ....i also refreshed the page many times so i could see who there friends were found it interesting two ppl on there team thier page was private but one of there favorite shows was nancy grace

Maven Thank You I think you are correct this is a different format than what I have seen in the past. The other thing that changed is that they removed the Amber Alert it appears. I'm trying to do this from work so I'm rushing but I believe the old page used to have an Amber Alert above or below Haleigh's picture. Hardy did say once they declared it a Homicide they would lose the Amber Alert but gain Homicide Investigators. He said that at the time of the Shell Harbor Search.

Hmm does make you wonder though. Good catch Maven and Native.

Maven Thank You I think you are correct this is a different format than what I have seen in the past.

Hmm does make you wonder though. Good catch Maven and Native.

yes it did make me wonder ..... and it also is confusing .....
and it made me wonder if they truly have no idea ...but Maven made me feel a ease .....

Prior to the Shell Harbor search, another search was done on, I believe, the St. John's River. There were a lot of people involved and LE stated that the search was not about Haleigh (heard that before) and was about another case and they were looking for a weapon. Was anything more ever released on this?

I was wondering if anyone can tell me why RC is being detained in a different county than the others, when the crimes all occurred in StJo? Thanks!

Prior to the Shell Harbor search, another search was done on, I believe, the St. John's River. There were a lot of people involved and LE stated that the search was not about Haleigh (heard that before) and was about another case and they were looking for a weapon. Was anything more ever released on this?

Hi there, I think you are talking about the weapon search that occurred in the ST Johns River back on 3_30-2010, no news on whether or not they found the old murder weapon they were looking for. Kinda strange but soon after this search concluded we stopped talking about it and began talking about this search.

we have a thread here that is very informative: 2010.03.30 Divers search St. Johns-LE seeks evidence for Volusia County investigation - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

GER took some really great pictures of the search that took place in March too. Those are here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94620&highlight=pictures+putnam+county

I was wondering if anyone can tell me why RC is being detained in a different county than the others, when the crimes all occurred in StJo? Thanks!

Looking for your answer I came across this news article with the arrest reports: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151021&catid=3

Also, do not believe RC is in a different county anymore
see here: http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6240443.php?

snip~News Talk 97.3 The Sky has learned that Ronald Cummings, the father of missing 6-year-old Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings, has been transferred to the Putnam County jail after being jailed in Flager County on drug trafficking charges with his ex-wife and 3 others.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood told The Sky, "Investigators assigned to the narcotics investigation have determined that it is no longer necessary to keep Ronald Cummings segregated in this case, and the decision was made to return him to Putnam County. Each of Ronald Cummings charges for trafficking in prescription medications took place in Putnam County, and the proper correctional facility for him to be housed, pending his trial, is in Putnam County."~ end

Not sure why he was in Flagler to begin with, possibly because they were pretty busy that night...J/k ...Seriously, I hope that helps!

Here is his inmate page in PC, said he was booked into that jail on the 29th which corresponds with the SKY article above: http://public.pcso.us/jail/inmates.aspx

This data is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Current inmates & those released in the last 3 days
Search by Last Name:
Lastname Firstname Middle DOB S R Booking# Intake Release

CUMMINGS RONALD LEMYLES 10/29/1983 M W 10-00276 1/29/2010 8:17:13 AM

Thanks Elle...I am really confused though! I thought MC and Toc were in St Johns County and RC was in Putnam. I am not sure why I thought that. So this means that ToC and RC are in the same facility?? (And possibly MC too???)

Thanks Elle...I am really confused though! I thought MC and Toc were in St Johns County and RC was in Putnam. I am not sure why I thought that. So this means that ToC and RC are in the same facility?? (And possibly MC too???)

ToC and MC are in St Johns. RC is in Putnam.

I really can't remember the answer to this question, or even if it was asked, or even if we are privy to this info. but does anyone know if and who among the players was given a gun shot residue test? Thank you in advance!

I really can't remember the answer to this question, or even if it was asked, or even if we are privy to this info. but does anyone know if and who among the players was given a gun shot residue test? Thank you in advance!

Thank you LEW, I wanted to ask that myself. The fact that LE let TN and GGMS into the crime scene does not speak well for them. Therefore, I doubt that they did gun shot residue tests, as I also doubt that they took hair samples form RC, MC, and JR.

Nadda, Zip, Zero said about any gun shot residue test. If there was an arsenal of weapons, like so often described in RC's house, I hope someone thought to perform that very simple procedure.

If there had been any signs of violence in the MH, then they would have done a GSR test, I'm sure. I don't think it's SOP to do this test in the case of a missing child, at least not in the initial response, unless there was some indication that shots were fired. However, sometimes they will ask to see the guns and check them for recent firing. Not sure if they did this or not, but sometimes it will show up in the initial police report if they did, but they are not obligated to tell everything they do in an investigation.

Thank you LEW, I wanted to ask that myself. The fact that LE let TN and GGMS into the crime scene does not speak well for them. Therefore, I doubt that they did gun shot residue tests, as I also doubt that they took hair samples form RC, MC, and JR.

If this had been a response to a homicide or another violent crime at that time, then they would not have allowed anyone inside other than Ronald and Misty, but it was considered a child abduction at the time, so there was no urgency to preserve a crime scene. That's my take on it, anyway.

ETA: Also, in the initial police report, it was stated they believed the incident did not happen in the MH, IIRC.

If this had been a response to a homicide or another violent crime at that time, then they would not have allowed anyone inside other than Ronald and Misty, but it was considered a child abduction at the time, so there was no urgency to preserve a crime scene. That's my take on it, anyway.

ETA: Also, in the initial police report, it was stated they believed the incident did not happen in the MH, IIRC.

BBM

Hi TxLady, not meaning to be snarky but I think the above two words that I bolded are something like the word assumed (and we all know what that means.) I'm sorry, I think this was sloppy police work.FWIW :twocents:

Can someone point me to a confirmed statement from RC work where it is stated they have RC on Video all night?

Reason I ask is, I know two people who work / Worked there.

One worked there way before RC worked there,

and one that works there now (after RC was fired)

and they both state that there are only two cameras

one is at the general public entry

and one at the common area by the time clock,

that one by time clock only works sometime, because employees keep hitting it and than all it videos tapes is the ceiling.

The employee parking lot has no video cameras.

Has ANY statement about RC been confirmed by anyone? OTHER than RC going to a man's home and requesting that he "vouche for" RC as a good parent for DFS?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582
Back