Question about the "Tapas 9"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly I never understood the visit to the pope, in so far as really what was it going to achieve only more publicity? The pope could pray for Madeleines return but they didnt have to visit him for that, he would have done it anyway! He certainly couldn't contribute to looking for her in any way.

IMHO, The Pope was hoodwinked. It was totally a photo op, staged by clever publicists so that the common man or woman, looking at the pics in the tabloids, would say: "Look! They are such devout Catholics. They could never harm their own little girl."
I totally agree. I think they used the catholic Church to appear much more devout than they are. As has been said before the fact that they attend the Anglical church so much (in PDL & here) is not consistent with a very devout catholic who puts a lot of store on the power of the Mass which can only be celebrated in a Catholic Church.

Read one more time that the PJ was only waiting for FSS results before traveling to England to requestion the doctors. This is a current statement. Since the results are also in hand, according to the PJ, they must be waiting for the papers of request sent to England to be approved. Otherwise, why not get underway?

The doctors had a choice, become arguidos for the legal protections it offers (att'ys present, right to refuse to answer, e.g.) and expect headlines that will sully their reputations or keep a low silhouette and try to avoid all publicity. The two who want to offer new testimony may be trying to get the better of that awful choice by cooperating & winning the police over. The two appear to be Tanner & O'Brien and it is no secret the PJ have wondered about them for months. If they really said "We want to be anonymous", that was a false expectation, wasn't it? But I don't believe they ever said or thought that. If so, that hope didn't last 24 hrs.

The doctors had a choice, become arguidos for the legal protections it offers (att'ys present, right to refuse to answer, e.g.) and expect headlines that will sully their reputations or keep a low silhouette and try to avoid all publicity. The two who want to offer new testimony may be trying to get the better of that awful choice by cooperating & winning the police over. The two appear to be Tanner & O'Brien and it is no secret the PJ have wondered about them for months. If they really said "We want to be anonymous", that was a false expectation, wasn't it? But I don't believe they ever said or thought that. If so, that hope didn't last 24 hrs.

I can understand them wanting to set the record straight - they both have lives to live and the amount of speculation that has been going - well you can only imagine - they have been accused of swinging , lying , being paedophiles and implicated in the murder of Madeline - and they are not allowed to utter a word under threat of prosecution .

Of course they could be all of the above or none of it - just innocent people who happened to be on holiday when a friend s child was abducted .

If I was innocent and I had to read evry other day the kind of news , innuendo I would as hell want to set the record straight

It is guilt by association.

But now the Tapas Seven have a chance to exonerate themselves.

Several weeks ago, one of the English dailies published the news that O'Brien was poised to make a clarifying statement in his own behalf. I posted it here. He was going to come forward despite the threat of prosecution for vln of the secrecy laws in Portugal, which he wasn't too afraid of. Remember? Therefore this whole notion of anonymity makes zero sense. He had already given his intentions away with his name attached!

There is speculation in the papers that Tanner & O'Brien will change their statement about seeing Murat on the night of 3 May. A Sky News reporter, staff at the Kids' Club and others also saw him in the street that night. I'm not sure how important this is since everybody & his cousin Alf was in front of the 5 block that night. Murat did give conflicting stories about being w. his girlfriend or his mother that night. Apparently, he feels it is important to deny the sighting. Interesting also the contradictions about whether hair & DNA was found at his villa, matching Madeleine, or nothing was ever uncovered there. And then there is the issue of his acquaintance with the doctors, which the PJ affirms & he denies. He also denied talking to Sergei Malinka by tel., but phone records show that he did. He told Malinka to wipe his hard drive clean.

Jane Tanner says she saw a man carry away a child not long before Madeleine was found missing.

Was the child asleep whom the man carried? If yes, what are the odds that a child would stay fast asleep when removed from its bed by a total stranger who actually had to climb out a window with her?
Also, pictures of the room show that one of the twins' beds was right under the window through which the man allegedly had climbed out.

Maddie would have stayed asleep though if she had been been sedated by her parents.
Where (and when) exactly did Jane Tanner spot the man?

Jane Tanner saw the man leaving block 5 up at the top of the public road at appx. 9:15 p.m. Some have said the child looked lifeless in the artist's rendition. The artist would know nothing but IF directed by Tanner, that may mean something. However, if Tanner thought the child was chloroformed or deceased, I would think she would have added that in words. He is said to have greasy, straggling hair but highly polished dark or black shoes. His slacks were beige and he had a maroon or brown top on.

Jane Tanner saw the man leaving block 5 up at the top of the public road at appx. 9:15 p.m. Some have said the child looked lifeless in the artist's rendition. The artist would know nothing but IF directed by Tanner, that may mean something. However, if Tanner thought the child was chloroformed or deceased, I would think she would have added that in words. He is said to have greasy, straggling hair but highly polished dark or black shoes. His slacks were beige and he had a maroon or brown top on.
If anyone could post the layout of the McCann apartment and surroundings, TIA.

rashomon, if you can catch the "48 Hours" program, it showed the surroundings quite well.

It does seem strange that professionals that have to organize their time & their personal lives in order to be sucessful would have this "musical chairs " running around with all those children & slightly intoxicated!!!! :crazy: :crazy:

Surely they could have parcelled out babysitting duties & had several children in one apartment or two & have the baby sitters go to 5A with 4 kids & 5b with 4 kids! They don't sound like the gogetters with 5-10yrs of medical training under their belts:doh:

I don't believe the Tapas Docs were "go-getters" at all. In fact, a couple of them had been unemployed regularly. McCann himself most likely gained his positions with the National Health Service through influence rather than brains and ability.

I would love to see Gerry's college records and med school grades. He impresses me as the typical jock who just got through by the skin of his teeth.

I don't believe the Tapas Docs were "go-getters" at all. In fact, a couple of them had been unemployed regularly. McCann himself most likely gained his positions with the National Health Service through influence rather than brains and ability.

I would love to see Gerry's college records and med school grades. He impresses me as the typical jock who just got through by the skin of his teeth.

yeah - we regualrly let people become heart surgeons purely on who they know - in fact we dont give a toss if they have any medical experience atall .

yeah - we regualrly let people become heart surgeons purely on who they know - in fact we dont give a toss if they have any medical experience atall .

Thanks for confirming what I already suspected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Venable